Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great point

Seriously though where has he came from? How long has he been playing under 21 football?
About a handful of games. He was pretty much fast-tracked through that into the first team via the U18s.

drdoityourself

There isn't a weakness I can spot in his game. Pace, finishing and technique. Also calm on the ball. The sky's the limit with this guy.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Great point

Seriously though where has he came from? How long has he been playing under 21 football?
Not long and it's kind of hard to remember with the youth teams playing at weird times. He's surprised me I got to be honest. I think Wilson and Keane could be great too but this kid is impressing. I think the goal away at City and this goal tonight...show a real quality because they are important goals. With Rooney coming back, it would have been easy for him to go into his shell a bit so it looks good.

Striker10

Goals against Arsenal, City and West Ham.

Safe to say he's no Macheda. RIP James Wilson.
Wilson won't be sold - but like Rashford has the benefit of being able to play out wide. We've some good young players.

Norris

Lovely Goal. Him and Martial have such a great understanding. They also bring others into play. I think Herrera might thrive playing as a No 10 with them. He seems to get a better understanding with them than Mata.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That was a stonkingly good goal. And a very mature performance.

Devil may care

His goal will get most of the coverage and it was a superb bit of play and a cracking finish, but his all round game was very good tonight, he was calm under pressure, made good runs, linked well and worked his socks off.

mu4c_20le

I think he's a future 7 for us. The fans love him and he's a wonderful mix of determination and talent.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Glad to see he stuck to his task today and had an absolute stormer. Happy to have someone able to come on so he can rest, even if that is Rooney.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It is funny that if Rooney had not gotten injuried, we would have never seen Rashford play this season. Moreover, Will Keane aswell because I recalled even him was ahead of him. It is interesting how things came together for him to start for United.

Norris

It is funny that if Rooney had not gotten injuried, we would have never seen Rashford play this season. Moreover, Will Keane aswell because I recalled even him was ahead of him. It is interesting how things came together for him to start for United.
Same could be said of TFM really. Infact Mensah was even behind Tuanzebe if I am not mistaken, until he got injured.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He plays with the type of energy and nervelessness I haven't seen since Giggs broke through. Just seems made for this level.

m1y2

He is fecking 18! just hope he keeps improving, I think it was his best all round game today.. Glad we gave him chance, I don't think under Fergie we would see anything like this, he would probably play rafael/young upfront, Van Gaal deserves a bit credit for it even he's just a bit lucky doing so, all the injuries and small squad however as I said he could still play some senior players out of position and adjust the formation like Fergie would do..

WhoDaGOAT

Wilson won't be sold - but like Rashford has the benefit of being able to play out wide. We've some good young players.
He's not pulling up any trees in The Championship. If he can't get games there, he should be worried.

Unless he pulls of a Kane, his future isn't looking bright. At least his United career. I know there is a player in him.

Norris

He is fecking 18! just hope he keeps improving, I think it was his best all round game today.. Glad we gave him chance, I don't think under Fergie we would see anything like this, he would probably play rafael/young upfront, Van Gaal deserves a bit credit for it even he's just a bit lucky doing so, all the injuries and small squad however as I said he could still play some senior players out of position and adjust the formation like Fergie would do..
:nono: He played Rafael when he was 18 at RB in a very very important PL game as well if I am not mistaken. Fergie might not have had a small squad, but he always gives opportunities to talented youngsters when the time is right. It's just his approach is more methodical to van Gaal's "Young Lad Deep Pool End" strategy.

Norris

He's not pulling up any trees in The Championship. If he can't get games there, he should be worried.

Unless he pulls of a Kane, his future isn't looking bright. At least his United career. I know there is a player in him.
Wasn't he injured for a while now ?? From what I understand, Wilson is still higher rated than Rashford. Only thing is Wilson sort of tends to go missing for a large chunk of the game before producing a few good moments. Rashford is much more hardworking.

m1y2

:nono: He played Rafael when he was 18 at RB in a very very important PL game as well if I am not mistaken. Fergie might not have had a small squad, but he always gives opportunities to talented youngsters when the time is right. It's just his approach is more methodical to van Gaal's "Young Lad Deep Pool End" strategy.
if you're not mistaken, I am not sure if Fergie would play freshly seventeen striker upfront when he played barely two games for U21 before, he played there smaling and sheasy, wes brown as well, I think Vangle gave debuts to more academy players than Fergie did over his last 10 years, and more starts followed, I am not counting Ravel morrison/tunnincliffe.. one minute contribution in a cup game

Walters_19_MuFc

Wow, just wow! I'm just as excited to see what he can progress into than I am with Martial. The lad looks very special. The finish was top class. Super.

WhoDaGOAT

Wasn't he injured for a while now ?? From what I understand, Wilson is still higher rated than Rashford. Only thing is Wilson sort of tends to go missing for a large chunk of the game before producing a few good moments. Rashford is much more hardworking.
Wilson isn't as good with his back to goal as Rashford. He's stronger and has shown a goalscoring instinct that Wilson hasn't been able to transfer to the first team.

Wilson is a bit like Vardy. He needs space to run into.

Wilson was sick on the pitch in January and hasn't wormed his way back into their starting eleven since then. Only 3 starts since January 1st.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
One of Willo's main attributes is his hard work. He has even been criticized for running around too much and not knowing how to conserve his energy which leads to him gassing out too early.

Striker10

I wouldn't worry about what he's doing in the championship. He's had a few niggles/sickness. Look at Harry Kanes record prior to last season when he was in the championship. He's 20 so still developing. We just have to be paitent and see how he develops but I think the kids this season have been given a great boost. I would expect Wilson to push on once he's stronger. I'm sure Rashford will inspire him

MJJ

Remember carrick at centreback? Not to mention that blackburn game, SAF got a lot more conservative w.r.t youth as he got older.

WhoDaGOAT

Loan starts don't mean shit, 99% of clubs are going to play their own player over a young kids who isn't their own.
They loaned him in to help gain promotion. He was starting games regularly. They didn't loan him in for a laugh. He's scored Premier League goals and came with a prolific record at U21 level.

Bamford was a key player for Middlesbrough last season and MKD the season before.

He was sent there to develop and he isn't.

m1y2

Remember carrick at centreback? Not to mention that blackburn game, SAF got a lot more conservative w.r.t youth as he got older.
We had a run of games with fletcher at CB too and also berbatov finished one game there, wasnt from the start though :lol: was quite safety first in his late years..

m1y2

I wouldn't worry about what he's doing in the championship. He's had a few niggles/sickness. Look at Harry Kanes record prior to last season when he was in the championship. He's 20 so still developing. We just have to be paitent and see how he develops but I think the kids this season have been given a great boost. I would expect Wilson to push on once he's stronger. I'm sure Rashford will inspire him
Needs to stay fit first

Status
Not open for further replies.