6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CG1010

His one-touch lay off in the first half to Blind (I think) was amazing. If anyone has the gif, please do post!

MounchesterUtd

Based from some of the responses here, it's like Rashford has to prove his worth twice over because he's a local Academy lad rather than a South American wonderkid or a Youtube Compilation GOAT from Eastern Europe.

ZDwyr

People are being overly harsh in some instances, expecting him to be the finished product at 18 years of age. Of course his first touch and dribbling can be a little off at times, that is going to happen. As long as he makes steady improvements then he will be more than fine.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Love how the kid just keeps scoring. His strength is also very impressive. I'd like to see him be a bit selfless though. He doesn't strike me as the kind of talent that's going to be as well rounded as martial who you can see the whole package from, but Rashford does need make a bit of an effort to put team mates in good positions ahead of trying something flashy. Ibra in particular had a number of moments yesterday where he made good runs and took up great positions but team mates ignored that in favour of doing something solo.

LouisDanGaal

I completely agree that his technique isn't perfect, but I wouldn't question said technique just because he isn't as consistent as Martial. His dribbling isn't great at the moment, no, but there's more to a players technique than his dribbling. His close control of the ball, even with an opposition player on his backside, is brilliant for his age. There's plenty of times Zlatan, a great technician, has lost the ball with a poor first touch being under pressure whereas I've seen Marcus keep the ball, and either shrug off the opposition player or manage to turn and cause panic to the opposition team. I've seen him play some beautiful passes and initiate some brilliant link-up play, too.

I've seen enough to suggest, in time of course, he could go on to be a good technical player. I'm not saying I 100% expect him to, but there's been a lot of signs to suggest so.

If it was his standard performance then yes, but it isn't. Of course he's not above criticism and, if he has an awful all round game, calling him up on it is fair, but labelling him outright as someone who's technique is poor because of it isn't. He's young 'n' learnin'.
If zlatan was coming through the academy this season I would expect questions on his technique and link up play because before the Leicester game it was very loose, however we know how good it is usually so there are less question marks around it.

I'm with you though, I assume he will go on to be a good technical player and even if not, its not like that is the end for a striker, it is a position where other qualities come to the fore, when playing on the wings though it does need to be a little tighter.

Raw

That's pretty impressive! Though I guess playing time plays into it, Rashford practically became a first team player immediately whereas the others were probably eased into it a bit more.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Can someone please verify Marcus' height? Wikipedia says he's 5'11", but on all the training videos I've seen he's the same height as Timothy Fosu Mensah...who I thought everyone said was pretty big.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Can someone please verify Marcus' height? Wikipedia says he's 5'11", but on all the training videos I've seen he's the same height as Timothy Fosu Mensah...who I thought everyone said was pretty big.
Transfermarkt says 1,80m fwiw. He seems much taller though, so probably the truth is closer to 1,85m.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
That's pretty impressive! Though I guess playing time plays into it, Rashford practically became a first team player immediately whereas the others were probably eased into it a bit more.
To be fair to him, he had a lightening start which helped retain his place.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Shame he only has another 5% improvement to go...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Shame he only has another 5% improvement to go...
I for one would be very sad if we only saw a 5% improvement in a 1 in 2 forward playing half his time on the wing...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I for one would be very sad if we only saw a 5% improvement in a 1 in 2 forward playing half his time on the wing...
Pfft, don't you know players don't improve technically after 18? It's a known fact.

Man Utd 1:0 Zorya

Tiber

Still cant believe that ball didnt go in.

Playing well tonight - as usual. Would still like to see him up the middle a bit more

prath92

He isn't playing that well. He is ok I suppose. Not getting involved much. No one other than mata and Pogba are mind you

Devil may care

Didn't think he had such a good game tonight, nothing came off in the dribbling department but he did smash the crossbar with our only good effort of the first half.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Like Mou said, Rashford is best up top, but they are working on making him more comfortable on the wings. It will take some time though, he is a young lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.