Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Great strike in the first half but not a great game for him. He's a very direct player, and you've got to be careful if you're planning to coach that out of him at times as many posters are saying.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A lot of his game is based on directness and his pace, so he has a fair bit to learn for when to just kind of relax on the ball or get some subtlety to his game. Its one of the biggest differences between him and martial I think. Always pops up with something though, and he almost scored today again.

For his position long term... I think he is most suited to probably part of a front 2. As a lone striker he cant really hold the ball up and I dont see that really being part of his game, he is always just more of a poacher type and turning and running with the ball right away. Its why he would ideally need someone around him to be that hold up type.

MounchesterUtd

Hypothetical scenario, how much would Rashford cost right now if he was playing in Italy/Holland/South America?

FromTheBench

Some of his dribbles are embarrassing, he is a bit over rated
Well there was a certain Cristiano. Ronaldo. Who used to specialize in embarassing dribbles many times at that sort of age.

Speaking of technique though that half volley he hit on the bar first time was class.

Scholesy

Well there was a certain Cristiano. Ronaldo. Who used to specialize in embarassing dribbles many times at that sort of age.

Speaking of technique though that half volley he hit on the bar first time was class.
I disagree, every game Rashford will try and beat a defender when its obvious there isn't enough space to do it, or try and outpace the defender even when its clear the defender is not going to be beaten for pace. I think its worrying and still undecided on him.

ZDwyr

I disagree, every game Rashford will try and beat a defender when its obvious there isn't enough space to do it, or try and outpace the defender even when its clear the defender is not going to be beaten for pace. I think its worrying and still undecided on him.
He's 18. He will learn how to play in different situations with experience.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford is no winger for me. I kept thinking against Leicester how much we could do with Martial, as our quality from wide was poor. Rashford fronted up his man one on one a few times, and over ran it into him and lost it.

Brilliant talent of course, but he does seem best through the middle.

Bojan11

Nah. Not buying that.

Ronaldo was a great dribbler and had better technique than Rashford. His problem was to overdo it and people used to get on his back when he never used to cross it.

Rashford overdoes it more. With Ronaldo he'd do a stupid fancy flick atleast.

MounchesterUtd

Nah. Not buying that.

Ronaldo was a great dribbler and had better technique than Rashford. His problem was to overdo it and people used to get on his back when he never used to cross it.

Rashford overdoes it more. With Ronaldo he'd do a stupid fancy flick atleast.
Young Cristiano overdid it way more, and he actually never learned not to overdo it until the year before the '06 World Cup. The difference being, when Ronaldo did it, people gave him credit for 'trying to make things happen', while Rashford gets criticized for 'forcing the issue'.

Like I said here earlier, it's like Rashford has to prove himself twice over just because he's an academy product.

Scholsey2004

Wingers are supposed to attack the full back. If you don't buy a ticket you don't win the lottery. Would you prefer it if he just backpassed every time?

Kag

He's definitely an out and out centre forward. I hope he still gets to play there this season instead of being shunted out wide.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's not a winger at all. He keeps running down cul de sacs when he plays on the left. I like him better on the right, where he can keep it relatively simple.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm glad people are now coming around to this. The kid is simply not a winger and should mostly come in as a striker which is why I had been having long debate with posters about him being a starter.

People have to understand that blowing hot, especially for a youngster never means he should be a starter and given huge responsabilities. Mourinho was always right about easing him in and playing him for the right moments. He should starts some games given he's earned as much but this idea that he should be a starters at this stage is silly.

As a winger he isn't quite there and his play around the box beside scoring goals and movements to get himself in great position is very immature. I've seen him waste opportunities one after another around the box because he choose to try and dribble past 3 players rather than passing the ball or simply releasing it in space in the box. He also has to start playing with his head up, he looks down way too much and often doesn't see what's happening around him in the box.

His play really doesn't suit a winger beside his pace. When fit the likes of Martial and Miki should always start on the wing over him. Play him as a striker or if Mou wants to play him on the wing then let it be as a sub with a bit of formation shifting.

Still very young but he's a striker. He's definitely not a winger.

Man Utd 1:1 Stoke

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Wasted on the wing, not good enough technically IMO. Compare his dribbling/passing to that of, say Martial.

criticalanalysis

Wasted on the wing, not good enough technically IMO. Compare his dribbling/passing to that of, say Martial.
I'm not sure it's fair to say he isn't good enough technically, which I think he is. At the moment, he's become a flat track bully and trying to take on his player too much; there's no shame in that but he needs to vary his game with off the ball runs etc, coincidently all problems that Martial found too. It's partly player responsbility/tendency, formation and lack of consistent game time in that position.

But yes on the short, they need to play up front/through the middle more. Zlatan will have to run the channels more, which he has but there has to be some sort of chemistry there that can only improve with time.

Rockets Redglare

I don't think he should be starting, not on the left anyway. I'm hoping Martial finds his form and Rashford can be used as an impact sub.

MounchesterUtd

I'm not sure it's fair to say he isn't good enough technically, which I think he is. At the moment, he's become a flat track bully and trying to take on his player too much; there's no shame in that but he needs to vary his game with off the ball runs etc, coincidently all problems that Martial found too. It's partly player responsbility/tendency, formation and lack of consistent game time in that position.

But yes on the short, they need to play up front/through the middle more. Zlatan will have to run the channels more, which he has but there has to be some sort of chemistry there that can only improve with time.
Sorry, but are you sure you used the correct term here? I thought Rashford has a solid record in big games so far, maybe the only blip are those EL games against Pool last year.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's done well, what are the complaints about?

Walters_19_MuFc

Did you see some of his play today.

Ran ball out of play twice and hit the ball out of play twice. And then looks unplayable the next minute. I don't see how he can be so good and so bad at the same time.
Inconsistency in his play are expected from an 18 year old.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn't very good today but he isn't a natural winger and he's played a lot of games recently. The international break will do him good presuming he'll be sat on the bench for England.

ZDwyr

Did you see some of his play today.

Ran ball out of play twice and hit the ball out of play twice. And then looks unplayable the next minute. I don't see how he can be so good and so bad at the same time.
Almost as if he is young and inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.