6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Hes 18. I dont see why there would be a problem with him just being a sub to come on second half against tired legs? Or to start up front in games.

Dont really want to see him in the out-wide position. Hopefully this is the last of it, but I doubt it.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We have one of the brightest young strikers in the world and in the last two games we have played him as a defensive winger...... i almost preferred it when Jose wasn't picking him!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We have one of the brightest young strikers in the world and in the last two games we have played him as a defensive winger...... i almost preferred it when Jose wasn't picking him!
It's ridiculous.

My biggest gripe with LVG was him constantly playing multiple players out of position every game. At the moment Jose is doing exactly the same and it's infuriating.

Rashford needs to rotate with Ibra for the striker role.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's ridiculous.

My biggest gripe with LVG was him constantly playing multiple players out of position every game. At the moment Jose is doing exactly the same and it's infuriating.

Rashford needs to rotate with Ibra for the striker role.
That would make far to much sense.

I mean you have an 18 year old who you don't want playing 50 games and whose form is going to fluctuate becuase thats what happens with players his age, and a 35 year old who you don't want playing 50 games and whose form is going to fluctuate because thats what happens with players his age........ so whats the most obvious thing in the world to do? rotate them!!!!!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Either bench him or Ibra. One of them can come on as a sub.

Also think he needs a little rest. Don't think he should be starting all these games unless you put him in his proper position. Playing him as a winger is no good for the lad.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bench him please. Offers nothing on wings and young is much better if we are looking for a defensive winger.

MounchesterUtd

Going against the consensus, I actually prefer him to get picked even if it means playing him out wide rather than not playing at all From a development standpoint, he is getting valuable experience that will only fast track his progression from prospect to an actual great player. Credit to him for giving the 'defensive winger' role a good shot, and I actually believe he's done pretty well for himself in that position considering the circumstances, the end product is just lacking. Of course, I'd prefer him to go back to striker, and I hope Ibra gets some much needed rest soon as he's also looked out of sorts in recent weeks.

Nanotron

As another poster has already said fluctuations in his form will happen. I dont have a problem using him out wide for now BUT considering Zlatan is bang out of form, not replacing him with martial or Rashford is an issue for me.

m1y2

he did his hamstring didn't he? :annoyed:

not a fan of him out wide but I think he had some decent bits of play, you can see he's actually a clever player and can cross the ball, wouldn't mind to actually rest him for a while and maybe if Martial is out give a chance to Depay who could benefit from the hype we are getting on again after today's great win..

DeOddi

Always surprised that he´s actually a really good crosser of the ball. Just a shame our players rarely make any runs to make use of it. Would probably get quite a few assists if we commited more players forward.

Tiber

I still maintain he is being wasted on the wing. Should be starting through the middle.

Owngoalscorer

Think he's doing fine on the wing gives him chance to use his pace and trickery + he is an excellent crosser.. Can see him doing a Ronaldo coming in off that right wing and scoring lots when he's fully developed. Give him that n° 7 shirt which seems to frighten the shit out of everyone else.. sure he could cope with it - seems cool enogh

Walters_19_MuFc

Still want to see him up top, but he had some good moments out wide. Made some nice runs in between full back and centre back and put a couple of decent crosses in.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah, needs a rest now. Looked poor in the first, and I was getting exasperated with this bizarre wing experiment that doesn't seem to be working, but he was really good in the second. Got his dribbling mojo back and put in some quality crosses. Martial & Mikhi for the wings on Saturday though, please. Let boy wonder take a knee, or come on for Zlatan if need be.

donkeyfish

I'm not sure if he really needs to play as a striker. In games like today, when his cooperation with Ibra was a success, his movement looks a bit similar to strikers that like to drift wide. Like Torres in his heyday. Kane last season as well, spend a lot of time out on one of the sides.

Ibra dropping back gives the defenders a headache when he runs behind starting from the flank.

I feel its more important to use him in a position where he gets the ball facing goal-wards, than exactly where on the pitch he plays. Arguably, that is easier from LW than as a ST. Especially with Ibra.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Mourinho mentioned a few times he could see him playing in front of Ibrahimović and that might work in games like, for instance, the coming against Burnley at home (although both are tired and should be rested).

criticalanalysis

His one touch play is fantastic. Showing extraodinary maturity with the (continous) game time and (iffy) form he's in atm. Always works hard and always play his game whatever the situation.

SATA

He's one hell of a good crosser of a ball. We don't need him against Burnley, give him the day off and play Memphis there or someone else

mav_9me

His one touch play is fantastic. Showing extraodinary maturity with the (continous) game time and (iffy) form he's in atm. Always works hard and always play his game whatever the situation.
Yeah agreed. He doesn't always show great control of the ball when dribbling one on one but his one touch play and short passing is always very good. Very good link up play. At this point his strengths I would say are pace (obvious), link up play and crossing (surprisingly good).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any news on his injury situation?
Think it was just tired/cramped muscles, he seemed to walk off OK. Hopefully just a small strain at the worst, I imagine he might miss Burnley but be OK for the next game.

podurban2

Think it was just tired/cramped muscles, he seemed to walk off OK. Hopefully just a small strain at the worst, I imagine he might miss Burnley but be OK for the next game.
I hope we rest him, can't risk another first teamer getting injured at this point.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I worry about the kid. We don't want us to do to him what Liverpool did to Owen. He's only 18, he shouldn't be playing every game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hes 18. I dont see why there would be a problem with him just being a sub to come on second half against tired legs? Or to start up front in games.

Dont really want to see him in the out-wide position. Hopefully this is the last of it, but I doubt it.
Got to agree. He's a great impact sub at the moment, and if he doesn't have an impact it's not so much of a confidence knock if you've not been on the whole game.

We really need a proper winger for that side.

His best game as a winger so far? Looks like he's figuring the position out. The cream will always rise.
He'd be a lot better if we got the ball to him early instead of waiting for Burnley to camp on the edge of their box.

Status
Not open for further replies.