6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

podurban2

It's really starting to piss me off this guy's development as a striker is being hindered because of a immobile 35 year old. I knew this would happen when we announced Zlatan's signing.
Too bad. I doubt Mourinho will care about your tears.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's really starting to piss me off this guy's development as a striker is being hindered because of a immobile 35 year old. I knew this would happen when we announced Zlatan's signing.
Yes, 8 games in we've really ruined his development for the rest of his career. :rolleyes:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial and Miki need to recover ASAP. They are our ideal players on each flanks.

It's been pretty clear that Rashford doesn't do it on the wing, so him struggling from the wing again today was a bit expected.

Kid is a striker and not much more currently. He isn't quite adept at dribbling properly and usually just quick and rush which becomes predictable.

We lacked option on the wing with both Martial and Miki out so he had to play there

m1y2

he's playing simply because he's too good to be left out but I agree that he's been underwhelming on the wing, on the other hand you know that he posses some kind of threat when he's on the pitch when your team is on the front foot, might play him next game and if he doesn't kick on maybe try out memphis or give another chance to Jesse or Micky. What's terrible is that Jose plays Rooney for the sake of playing him, we really need winger, I wonder if we could snatch Mahrez from Leicester, he would have added so much quality, and I think he would push for a move too but perhaps after this season..

luke511

Yes, 8 games in we've really ruined his development for the rest of his career. :rolleyes:
Right now is a pretty pivotal moment for his development to be fair, as proven by the likes of Januzaj, and we should be working towards getting the best out of him in his best position. I don't think I'm overreacting.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Right now is a pretty pivotal moment for his development to be fair, as proven by the likes of Januzaj, and we should be working towards getting the best out of him in his best position. I don't think I'm overreacting.
Every player develops differently, but him playing consistently is still developing him isn't it?
His game suits being able to run at defences, play intricate one-twos, run into space, dribbling to get into prime attacking positions etc. All of these things he's still able to nurture while playing on the wing.
It's obvious he knows how to shoot and where the back of the net is, he still needs to nuture the other aspects of his game. This time last year he was still playing as a winger.

Plus placing the burden on him being our main goal threat for the duration of the season could have a worse psychological effect on him long term, if he doesn't score goals consistently. That's a big if, but he's young a dip in form is bound to happen. There's absolutely no need to put that on him when there's someone with the confidence to carry that burden like Zlatan.

There's absolutely no need to rush, this isnt Fifa/Fm where you play wonder kids every game and they turn into world beaters in a season.

Yes you really are.

Rashford isn't ready to lead the line for United week in week out yet, if you want more pace up front then it should be Martial that is being championed for that position at this point.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some of you lots clearly underestimate the responsibility MAIN strikers have for their respective teams, especially top ones.

The burden that comes with it is huge to suggest that Rashford should be our main striker and be loaded with that heavy responsibility.

He can go on a bit of a run but as soon as goes through a drought, there'll be backlash and criticism from the media. Such pressure becomes unbearable especially for such a young player.

We have Ibra there the better and more experienced striker. He can cope with the pressure and take on the responsibility. And most importantly he's experienced and mentally strong enough to deal with bad patches in form and bounce back.

One can see Ibra getting out of his recent drought, and go on the regain goalscoring form. Something that'll be very difficult for a kid to pull off.

You put Rashford as our main striker right now, he goes on a bit of a 6-7 games drought without scoring, pressure piles up because media and everyone will be saying they expect a United striker to bang in goals week in week out.

He becomes unsettled because he wasn't protected enough by putting such huge burden on him and he starts struggling thus more set backs for him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's the problem with our youngsters like Rashford and Martial, considering their great debut season everyone expects them to keep that level forever but they are young and will have inconsistency in their play which includes having average or bad games. We certainly shouldn't lose our shit over the young lads having a couple of bad games every now and then.
Agree

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Some of you lots clearly underestimate the responsibility MAIN strikers have for their respective teams, especially top ones.

The burden that comes with it is huge to suggest that Rashford should be our main striker and be loaded with that heavy responsibility.

He can go on a bit of a run but as soon as goes through a drought, there'll be backlash and criticism from the media. Such pressure becomes unbearable especially for such a young player.

We have Ibra there the better and more experienced striker. He can cope with the pressure and take on the responsibility. And most importantly he's experienced and mentally strong enough to deal with bad patches in form and bounce back.

One can see Ibra getting out of his recent drought, and go on the regain goalscoring form. Something that'll be very difficult for a kid to pull off.

You put Rashford as our main striker right now, he goes on a bit of a 6-7 games drought without scoring, pressure piles up because media and everyone will be saying they expect a United striker to bang in goals week in week out.

He becomes unsettled because he wasn't protected enough by putting such huge burden on him and he starts struggling thus more set backs for him.
This happens to all players, though. I agree we shouldn't overexpose him but I don't think some potential flak should result in us not playing him up top if he earns the place - if he's got a strong mentality then it could serve as some character building for him. I'm obviously happy for us to persist with Zlatan up top at the moment, but over the next year or two I'd like to see Rashford develop into the main striker.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't think Rashford is ready to play up top. Whenever he starts up front, I am usually underwhelmed. I would prefer to see Martial up there.

luke511

His touch is too poor to play through the middle.
And also not strong enough to play there (but should be soon).

Better on the right or left. Martial however.
Last season strength wasn't a problem, and he's bigger now than he were. His size works to his advantage if anything.

justboy68

He's clearly much better up front. His biggest talent is the predatory instinct in front of goal. Not tied to the fecking sideline trying to go past someone. We're gonna feck up his confidence playing him out there repeatedly.

kundalini

Big Rashford fan but he was awful today. So many careless errors. Could have scored in the first half if he has made a clean contact from Valencia's cross.

I don't really like him as a wide player. Prefer him centrally.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Kick and rush man. A simple footballer with a very good nose for goals. Should be played as an Inzaghi up front.

Bojan11

Kick and rush man. A simple footballer with a very good nose for goals. Should be played as an Inzaghi up front.
He's a impact sub at best this season. Not someone we should be starting.

Minimalist

I'd love to enjoy/analyse his performances when he's actually playing in his right position.

He's not a fecking winger/wide player. It's so frustrating.

3KDré

I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again. He's not a winger. Either play him up front alone or sub him on.

Devil may care

His mentality was spot on but he's not a wide player IMO and it's becoming more and more obvious with each passing game he plays out there.

izec

Yeah, should be coming off the bench or play up front occasionally, but not every fecking time on the wing. Mismanaged completely.

redNATION

Not a winger at all. Another exmaple of us playing players out of position and being punished for it. What is it with this club?? You wouldnt see Real play Benzema down the right, when they have players capable of playing in the position. And then we wonder why he plays poorly.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I said it at the beginning of the season and I will say it again. He's not a winger. Either play him up front alone or sub him on.
Correct.

He was told by coaches to analysis and copy Ruuds movement and yet we're now playing him as a winger on the left? fecking shambles as far as i'm concerned.

If you don't want to start him as a CF then drop him onto the bench and bring him on. Seeing him defending our corner flag made me incredibly frustrated today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
1. Not a wide player.
2. Not playing well.
3. Not ready to be a first choice player for Manchester United yet.

If all was going well, he'd just be a talented young squad player. As is our lack of form has seen him elevated into the starting eleven too soon.

That said, given Zlatan's form you could probably argue that the big Swede deserves to be dropped first and Rashford played in his best position.

DarkXaero

His form has been bad for a while now. He either needs to be dropped or played centrally. IMO, right now, he's much better suited to being an impact sub.

Coops73

I want to see him through the middle, give him a chance and perhaps drop Zlatan to a number 10...or whatever that means.

superdry

touched by a genius
Awful on the wing, playing him there is ruining him and rendering our attack useless from that side!

AlwaysRed66

I have serious concerns about the future for Marcus Rashford if this nonsense continue. At the moment he is a breath of fresh air, with loads of energy, & a willingness to give his all in matches. This reminds me very much of the likes of Michael Owen & Wayne Rooney who both are physically burned out by reaching 30. The only difference between them & Rashford is both spent the majority of their careers in an attacking role, unlike poor Marcus who has lately been playing as both a left back/attacking winger/front player in the same games thanks to Mourinho's idiotic negative tactics. If he carries on like this for a long period he will be lucky to make it to his mid 20's before he is burnt out. Mind you, Mourinho will be long gone by that time.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
One of the most Promisng 18 year old strikers i can remember seeing.... how do we use him..... as a defensive winger!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.