Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has done Ok. 4 goals and 1 assist isnt a bad return given how poor we have been and him playing on the wing.

Stactix

If you think he is piss poor as a winger, then he will be even worse as a striker. First touch isn't good enough.
Honestly, he needs to be dropped.
Then used as a sub last 30mins for a few games.
Let him run at tired defences.
Also need to rotate Ibra/ Martial/Rashford as striker, depending on opposition.

Need to give Martial /Mhiki a run of games.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If you think he is piss poor as a winger, then he will be even worse as a striker. First touch isn't good enough.
His touch would be better in a position he is more used to playing surely? Also, it isn't just about touch, his off the ball work and positioning would benefit him playing in the right position.

AXVnee7

Don't like the way he is playing nearly every game at the moment. We must be very careful to manage him correctly to avoid burn out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Good decision imo. He's been below par and if the club thinks it has to do with fitness, best to leave him out.
Fergie did it all the time.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Good decision imo. He's been below par and if the club thinks it has to do with fitness, best to leave him out.
Fergie did it all the time.
Id agree with it but the problem is, what happens if we concede first again? There are no impact subs on our bench so we bring in Fellaini, Rooney and Depay which pretty much kills the game for both us and the opponent....

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This will probably be an unpopular opinion but if we can get someone with a bit of pace in January, I'd rather us loan him out as I don't think he really offers us anything. I've seen him mess up a lot of attacks this season, I really don't think he's ready to be playing this regularly for us.

Deleted member 101472

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but if we can get someone with a bit of pace in January, I'd rather us loan him out as I don't think he really offers us anything. I've seen him mess up a lot of attacks this season, I really don't think he's ready to be playing this regularly for us.
He's a striker FFS. He has looked brilliant every time he's played there. hes good enough to start there for sure, even his link up play drastically improves when he's played more centrally.

JB08

He's a striker FFS. He has looked brilliant every time he's played there. hes good enough to start there for sure, even his link up play drastically improves when he's played more centrally.
I know, he'd definitely be far better there. But I still stand by my point, none of that is based off the fact he's playing as a winger.

Deleted member 101472

I know, he'd definitely be far better there. But I still stand by my point, none of that is based off the fact he's playing as a winger.
Base it only on his appearances as striker , and sending him on loan is bonkers. Scored in all those debuts, winner in the Manchester derby (where he pulled off a move on demichelis I've yet to see him attempt on a right back all season) the boy is severely talented and just has "it". He's a far better option than Ibrahimovic at the moment, consider in that if he plays Ibrahimovic is dropped so the position rashford is playing will be occupied my someone far more qualified to play it ( martial, mkhitaryan )

MounchesterUtd

He does mess up a lot of attacks, but he's also been our best attacking player bar Mata. Better than Martial, better than Zlatan, better than Pogba. The kid is relentless, and as he matures, he'll iron out those wrinkles to his game.

It's been all doom and gloom for the Caf in recent weeks, but every time I get too down, I just remember we have him, Martial and Pogba and know that the future is bright :drool:

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He's looked all sorts of off for a while now, and it's a testament to the poor state of our squad that he's still been playing every match for weeks now. Will be good with a rest, and hopefully he'll be reinstated into the team again as a striker, when he returns, which should be shortly.

I have no idea why Zlatan hasn't been given more of a rest, and Rashford given minutes up instead of him.

JB08

Base it only on his appearances as striker , and sending him on loan is bonkers. Scored in all those debuts, winner in the Manchester derby (where he pulled off a move on demichelis I've yet to see him attempt on a right back all season) the boy is severely talented and just has "it". He's a far better option than Ibrahimovic at the moment, consider in that if he plays Ibrahimovic is dropped so the position rashford is playing will be occupied my someone far more qualified to play it ( martial, mkhitaryan )
I'm well aware of debuts he's scored in, and that right now he is far more likely to score as a striker than Ibrahimovic. That said I think that if we get an attacker in January, he should be loaned out as I'm personally of the belief that Zlatan will be scoring more by then. I also think Martial should be ahead of him in the pecking order as a striker.

I just don't think he's good enough for us yet, which is clearly completely subjective.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm well aware of debuts he's scored in, and that right now he is far more likely to score as a striker than Ibrahimovic. That said I think that if we get an attacker in January, he should be loaned out as I'm personally of the belief that Zlatan will be scoring more by then. I also think Martial should be ahead of him in the pecking order as a striker.

I just don't think he's good enough for us yet, which is clearly completely subjective.
He's obviously not good enough to be starting regularly yet, but that doesn't mean he should be loaned. He should be a squad player who gets sub appearances here and there, the odd start to rest people, but mostly be an impact player until he develops more.

JB08

He's obviously not good enough to be starting regularly yet, but that doesn't mean he should be loaned. He should be a squad player who gets sub appearances here and there, the odd start to rest people, but mostly be an impact player until he develops more.
In moderation that's fine, but my point is I'd rather him regularly start for a lower team than us, as he seems to be doing at present. I think he would develop a lot more at a lower Premier League club due to less pressure, less expectations, playing in his preferred position, etc.

Deleted member 101472

In moderation that's fine, but my point is I'd rather him regularly start for a lower team than us, as he seems to be doing at present. I think he would develop a lot more at a lower Premier League club due to less pressure, less expectations, playing in his preferred position, etc.
Give me a recent example where this has worked for us?

JB08

Give me a recent example where this has worked for us?
We've loaned very few players out to lower Premier League clubs in recent years, as far as I can remember. Rashford also appears infinitely more talented than most youngsters we have produced in the last X amount of years. Why wouldn't it work?

Deleted member 101472

We've loaned very few players out to lower Premier League clubs in recent years, as far as I can remember. Rashford also appears infinitely more talented than most youngsters we have produced in the last X amount of years. Why wouldn't it work?
It's not that it wouldn't work, I'm confident he would do well as a striker in almost all premier league teams. But he's demonstrated enough that he can perform at this level for us, and it's surely a matter of time before he gets his chance up top with ibra benched. I'd ship the big guy out the club if I could to be honest, he's just getting in the way right now.

Devil may care

I think his maturity as a person has glossed over the fact he just turned 19, he shouldn't be starting week in and week out for a side like United, look at Iheanacho at City, Coman at Bayern, Asensio at Real, all excellent young talents that are used as subs with starts here and there, this is how we should be using Rashford IMO.

JB08

It's not that it wouldn't work, I'm confident he would do well as a striker in almost all premier league teams. But he's demonstrated enough that he can perform at this level for us, and it's surely a matter of time before he gets his chance up top with ibra benched. I'd ship the big guy out the club if I could to be honest, he's just getting in the way right now.
That's a completely valid opinion, I stand by mine though.

JB08

Where would you like to see him on loan?
It depends who would give him regular game time, obviously. Would be tough with Vardy and Slimani, but somewhere like Leicester would be great.

Devil may care

It depends who would give him regular game time, obviously. Would be tough with Vardy and Slimani, but somewhere like Leicester would be great.
Sunderland would be a decent fit with a few United lads there already and the fact Defoe is 34. I don't think we need to loan him out personally, we just need to use him as an impact sub.

Deleted member 101472

I think he'd do well at Tottenham and Southhampton , but of the smaller teams crystal palace would suit him I think.

JB08

Sunderland would be a decent fit with a few United lads there already and the fact Defoe is 34. I don't think we need to loan him out personally, we just need to use him as an impact sub.
I think they'd suit him well, but unfortunately it's a bit of a shitshow there. I reckon Moyes would help him progress though.

I think he'd do well at Tottenham and Southhampton , but of the smaller teams crystal palace would suit him I think.
Yeah, I think Southampton would be a great option for him.

donkeyfish

He's been piss poor on the wing this season.
When did he last play as a striker? Has he under Mourinho?
He was our striker against Feyenoord, and didn't exactly set the world on fire. In addition, he played striker together with Ibra against Chelsea in the second half. According to Mourinho we also planned to put him up top against Liverpool, but he got cramp.

Sylar

Hope he starts up front against Arsenal in place of Zlatan. Will give their defenders something to worry about.

m1y2

has to start up top, give him proper 90 mins there and he will start scoring again, in a team without rooney, Herrera in great form and Pogba getting his confidence lately, Jesse looking good too, also play Martial from the left, no matter what the defense is I am sure we can be potent up front even agains strong arsenal team

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's grown so much recently, he looks huge now! seemed like he was about the same size as Busquets.

Didn't really get into the game much unfortunately, was unlucky he ran out of room when he went round the keeper.

Man Utd 1:1 Arsenal

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
How good is the boy's crossing. Seriously, noticed that over the course of few games. He's rather good.

Status
Not open for further replies.