6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Looked fresh when he came on, I really think this is the role he's best suited to right now.
Agreed. And theres nothing wrong with that right now. Just turned 19, and has a long career ahead of him. Coming on to go at tiring defenders would give him an advantage too.

ThaReaper01

Well, as a striker (which he is), he really shouldn't be schooled in defending. It's absolutely needless for someone his age to be focusing on tracking back and tackling and all that. Play him upfront or not at all. Not every striker needs to be versatile in the Rooney or Welbeck mold. Sometimes they're just terrific #9's, like Rashford.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Well, as a striker (which he is), he really shouldn't be schooled in defending. It's absolutely needless for someone his age to be focusing on tracking back and tackling and all that. Play him upfront or not at all. Not every striker needs to be versatile in the Rooney or Welbeck mold. Sometimes they're just terrific #9's, like Rashford.
Jose made Eto'o come back to defend, a player who had never defended in his life before Inter.

superdry

touched by a genius
To be honest I don't think he has enough "strings to his bow" right now. If he'd had a bit more "schooling" we would have won the arsenal game; Chamberlain would have at least got blocked, or as a last resort been put on his arse instead of having the time to put a great cross in.

superdry

touched by a genius
Could be Danny Welbeck Mark 2 here.

Similar leggy physique, local lad, primarily a striker being shunted out wide, not a consistent goal getter, prone to glimpses of genuine class, frustrating to watch.....
Reluctantly sort of agree with you. I hope he develops a few more facets to his attacking style and doesn't plateau.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
From what I've seen he looks to have a far greater future than Welbeck ever had. Time will tell with that though.

Right now I think he should be coming off the bench. Full of energy running at top speed would be a nightmare for tired defenders.

I'd start him next Wednesday in the League Cup though.

ThaReaper01

To be honest I don't think he has enough "strings to his bow" right now. If he'd had a bit more "schooling" we would have won the arsenal game; Chamberlain would have at least got blocked, or as a last resort been put on his arse instead of having the time to put a great cross in.
Shouldn't be playing as a winger so he shouldn't need "schooling" out wide. Playing him for the sake of it rather than to help him become a better player is how development stalls. Should be upfront or on the bench. No more shoehorning.

Varun

Staff
Shouldn't be playing as a winger so he shouldn't need "schooling" out wide. Playing him for the sake of it rather than to help him become a better player is how development stalls. Should be upfront or on the bench. No more shoehorning.
It's better for him to play out wide than not at all. He'll learn a lot and that'll only hold him in good stead when he moves upfront eventually

superdry

touched by a genius
If there isn't enough time in the training day to to "school" players in other aspects of the game that could help them read other players games and maybe, give them an insight how to help his team mates, then I think a little more time at work is needed. I don't want Rashford anywhere the wings, but if in times of need he ends up there, I want him to look as though he knows what he's doing.

Man Utd 1:1 West Ham

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If he wasn't 19 years old, he wouldn't be at more then a bottom half premier league club IMO. Literally all he is, is pace and neat flicks. Not even a good dribbler.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is a great talent but if we aren't going to play him upfront I'd rather we just didn't play him. He is abysmal out wide.

Man-United

Keepers sometimes save them. Same with Zlatan's chance last week.
It was Zlatan I thought about when writing that. If it was Zlatan, his thread would have 10 posts in one minute of people's hate.

AXVnee7

Should've scored really. A goal would've done him a world of good too.

I do think he needs to come in more centrally though

Sylar

Hes got no left foot so its so easy to defend him when hes out on the left. You know hes going to cut back in and never go down the byline (which is weird cos he did that for England during that 10 minute spell in the Euros). Hes harder to defend down the middle and should have scored his chance.

bosnian_red

Should've scored of course. Didn't look confident at all and just shot right at the keeper instead of taking another touch and finishing near post like the situation called for. Misses happen though. His play has been shit though. So predictable on the left. He tries to cut in ever time and loses the ball with a shit pass or a pointless cross or just running right into a defender because he doesn't actually know how to dribble (though he thinks he does). Think he's better on the right because he can just whip it in well which he is good at.

CallMeV

Played on the left he's as useless as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Drop Zlatan to #10 and put him up top. There's space behind the back line to exploit for him with his pace.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He is low on confidence which is sad to see

Can't help been played out of position so often

He needs a rest too I think

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The tactics involving Ibra coming inside leaving space for him to run behind him and use his pace are obviously one of the ways to get the best out of him on the wing, and if he scored there it would have paid off, but unfortunately he wasn't clinical enough. He should have done better, but he wasn't that bad as people made him out to be, he also created one clear goal chance with the cross which Ibra took off Mata's head(unintentionally).

Bwuk

Feel sorry for him. Playing out wide isn't his game, and he looks short of confidence.

Upfront or not at all.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Martial in poor form is comfortably better on the left than Rashford.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Feel sorry for him. Playing out wide isn't his game, and he looks short of confidence.

Upfront or not at all.
He had a 1 on 1 through the middle. Should have put it away. He's more than capable of playing out wide and he should be playing better. I'm sure he will too.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Couldn't agree more. He clearly missed that 1v1 because he's playing LW.
Think it was you who made the same comment in the match day thread

Do you not agree his confidence is low?

Would you not agree that being played out wide might have had an affect on this?

I assume you are familiar with low confidence strikers missing chances you expect them to score

ThaReaper01

If there isn't enough time in the training day to to "school" players in other aspects of the game that could help them read other players games and maybe, give them an insight how to help his team mates, then I think a little more time at work is needed. I don't want Rashford anywhere the wings, but if in times of need he ends up there, I want him to look as though he knows what he's doing.
That is legitimately foolish reasoning. Precious few top strikers had spells on the wing to "give them insight". It's malarkey. He's a striker. He needs to be learning every striker nuance there is to learn. Improve his finishing, his movement. Not his crossing or tracking back.
It's better for him to play out wide than not at all. He'll learn a lot and that'll only hold him in good stead when he moves upfront eventually
Disagree. Poor performances out on the left will do nothing but lower his confidence. He doesn't need to play every match, every week if it's not in his favored position.

Bwuk

He had a 1 on 1 through the middle. Should have put it away. He's more than capable of playing out wide and he should be playing better. I'm sure he will too.
Confident Rashford last year buried that. Confidence is everything in football.

Bojan11

Garbage again. Wonder what the excuse will be.

We look miles better when he isnt breaking down all our attacks.

bosnian_red

He is little more then pace I think. Dont want to see him in the team for a while tbh, he has been largely shite this season and just wastes so many things. Give him some time off to collect himself and get a bit of a reality check before going back in, like I assume Mourinho is doing with Martial.

AXVnee7

Needs to be central IMO. Impact striker rather than wasted on the left.

The way he knocks the ball past his opponent is more suited to running through on goal past a defender, not opening up space on the wing. His close control isn't like Martials

Status
Not open for further replies.