Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

:boring:

And doctor can't do shite with your dead brain... No hope fixing it though.

Kneejerking for more, just after Rashford just got a game (most minute of it) as CF.

Tell that to coaches that you just pressing is no skill and running about aimless is pressing. No wonder suggesting Zlatan would be tired in the last 20 minutes or so despite god knows when was the last time he was subbed off due to fatigue.
If you watched any of our games this season you may have noticed how tired and spent Zlatan was looking in most of them in the last 10, 15 minutes.

And FYI it takes few players to pressure the back line successfully and not just Zlatan so again you're in the wrong here.

The simple fact that you didn't understand why i was talking about Rashford getting more minutes but you rushed to assume it was just for the sake of changing tells a lot.

ti vu

If you watched any of our games this season you may have noticed how tired and spent Zlatan was looking in most of them in the last 10, 15 minutes.

And FYI it takes few players to pressure the back line successfully and not just Zlatan so again you're in the wrong here.

The simple fact that you didn't understand why i was talking about Rashford getting more minutes but you rushed to assume it was just for the sake of changing tells a lot.
It's your interpretation, not fact. Zlatan has scored, play key passes, contributed in those last 20 minutes of the games just fine. He has been the same for years. It's his style.

When was Zlatan subbed due to fatigue?

Forward can occupy 2 defenders, even GK in case they know how to press right.

Don't talk like you're right. If we can't agree, then agree to disagree. Is that over your head?

It happens each year. Someone goes batshit crazy because someone called him mate.

I think the solution is to call that poster 'mate' even more.
Perhaps just iffy about some strangers on the internet want mate..., right MATE? :wenger:

Last edited:

Oscie

Seems to have the focus more on the final product recently. Should have had two assists at West Ham but for Herrera's finishing. There was a period where it looked like he just wanted to run with the ball with his head down until he ran out of pitch, so I'm glad he's broke through that.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Want Rashford to get some playing time as a CF obviously and I'm asking for him to play in moments when Zlatan looks drad tired which is almost always the case late on the game.

Excuse me what have i said bad about him before? When he's wasteful i criticise him, when he's playing good i give him credit.

You dont need to lie dude.
Are you kidding?! Are you aware that there's a search function on this forum? You clearly have an agenda against him. I know for a fact that other people agree with me as well since I'm not the only one who's called you out on it.

That you nominated me for worst newbie because "I'm a big gay Zlatan fanboy" is also about as obvious as it is pathetic.

Last edited:

RedCurry

Rashford running at the opponents with pace is so refreshing to see from a United player. At times though, he needs to slow down a little. He has to have a 'fast jogging' speed which currently he doesn't even try. Sometimes he runs so fast that his teammates can't even keep up with him and he ends up getting isolated. This is something I see that Martial has worked on. Just slow down a tad, hold the ball and bring others into play. If he has to cut in at times, he should. Or alternatively let the defenders get closer to you and then shift gears.

Seanus

Will anyone feel they've oversold him when he turns out on Solskjaer's level? Or are you expecting more or less than that type of impact?
If you mean scoring the winner in a Champions League final and getting dozens of goals including 4 when coming on as sub I think that would not be too shabby:)

Philadelphian

If you mean scoring the winner in a Champions League final and getting dozens of goals including 4 when coming on as sub I think that would not be too shabby:)
I totally agree and think he will eventually settle in as that type of player. Not convinced he is one that stops us buying top level strikers or wingers when they come available, but like Ole, it doesn't mean he won't have a monster impact on the club. Just curious how many expect much more than that.

MounchesterUtd

I totally agree and think he will eventually settle in as that type of player. Not convinced he is one that stops us buying top level strikers or wingers when they come available, but like Ole, it doesn't mean he won't have a monster impact on the club. Just curious how many expect much more than that.
Ole is an outlier though. No doubt in my mind he could've went on his own and won a few trophies at another big club, but he chose to stay with us.

I'd be fine if Rashers becomes an RVN in terms of goal count, but with a longer tenure and with more trophies.

ti vu

Rashford running at the opponents with pace is so refreshing to see from a United player. At times though, he needs to slow down a little. He has to have a 'fast jogging' speed which currently he doesn't even try. Sometimes he runs so fast that his teammates can't even keep up with him and he ends up getting isolated. This is something I see that Martial has worked on. Just slow down a tad, hold the ball and bring others into play. If he has to cut in at times, he should. Or alternatively let the defenders get closer to you and then shift gears.
That's why said in response to other poster that it's not a good idea just throwing Rashford as CF in the end of the dusted game. He gained nothing for his development that way: Rashford does thing on his own and can't follow, understand the flow of game where his teammate just casually seeing out the game. Use him during game we NEED him so he has purpose and learn to play with the team. He would have game where he can start and have full game as CF.

Fracture90

It's your interpretation, not fact. Zlatan has scored, play key passes, contributed in those last 20 minutes of the games just fine. He has been the same for years. It's his style.

When was Zlatan subbed due to fatigue?

Forward can occupy 2 defenders, even GK in case they know how to press right.

Don't talk like you're right. If we can't agree, then agree to disagree. Is that over your head?
Those are the facts only because Mourinho has been keeping Zlatan for 90 minutes even when he was poor as hell. He never subbed him so we can't know what would have happened if sometimes Martial or Rashford played last 20 minutes.

Zlatan was never subbed at all because of his massive ego which would create problems in the club and the dressingroom, you know that very well.

Since you still can't understand why i said I'd like Rashford to get more minutes, ill explain it to you.

Because he's a young lad that I'm hoping we'll build future around and he needs to gain experience slowly as CF. He's finishing has deteriorated since he's been forced to play on the wings and also the fact that our main striker is 35 and there's no need for him to be playing 90 minutes every game.

Fracture90

Are you kidding?! Are you aware that there's a search function on this forum? You clearly have an agenda against him. I know for a fact that other people agree with me as well since I'm not the only one who's called you out on it.

That you nominated me for worst newbie because "I'm a big gay Zlatan fanboy" is also about as obvious as it is pathetic.
Haha this is getting better and better. Haven't i just said that when he plays bad i criticise him and when he's playing good i praise him or you didn't even bother reading?

Since the day one i didn't want him in UTD because of his massive ego and his bigger than the life itself attitude he usually has.

That last part is just shameful, again when you don't have anything truthful to say you resort to inventing stuff. I haven't nor shall I nominate anyone for the obvious reason of only joining this forum 3 months ago and having not enough time to know people but more than anything because i don't care about nominations and those sort of things.

MounchesterUtd

Because he's a young lad that I'm hoping we'll build future around and he needs to gain experience slowly as CF. He's finishing has deteriorated since he's been forced to play on the wings and also the fact that our main striker is 35 and there's no need for him to be playing 90 minutes every game.
Has his finishing really deteriorated though? He was always bound to endure a dry spell, teams key in on him now that they know what he can do, and his role as a winger is different than that of his role as a CF so there' a mindset adjustment there. He was just rusty, if we give him a run at CF he'll be back to banging them in regularly.

SomeRandomPerson

Haha this is getting better and better. Haven't i just said that when he plays bad i criticise him and when he's playing good i praise him or you didn't even bother reading?

Since the day one i didn't want him in UTD because of his massive ego and his bigger than the life itself attitude he usually has.

That last part is just shameful, again when you don't have anything truthful to say you resort to inventing stuff. I haven't nor shall I nominate anyone for the obvious reason of only joining this forum 3 months ago and having not enough time to know people but more than anything because i don't care about nominations and those sort of things.
Ha, funny how different people's opinions can go. Zlatan's massive ego and particularly his bigger than life ego is precisely why some of us wanted him at United and why even some of those on this board who didn't want us to sign him are now taking to him. He's seems full of himself in interviews but has been a very good team player on the pitch IMO. Plus, he did recently praise Rojo, and Romero in an interview, plus he's spoken quite highly of Rashford as well during his time here. He has, to his great credit, been a real leader on the pitch and taken the challenge of the Premier League head on.

All of that said, I do agree with you in that I'd like to see more of Rashford as a striker going forward. For example, if we batter Hull in the first leg, I hope he starts the second leg up front. Same for the Wigan FA Cup tie. Though I'm not sure I follow the logic of "his finishing has deteriorated because he's played on the wings". As an aside, academy chief Nicky Butt suggested in an interview earlier in the season that wide left was his best position if I remember correctly, so may not be all bad I guess :)

RedCurry

That's why said in response to other poster that it's not a good idea just throwing Rashford as CF in the end of the dusted game. He gained nothing for his development that way: Rashford does thing on his own and can't follow, understand the flow of game where his teammate just casually seeing out the game. Use him during game we NEED him so he has purpose and learn to play with the team. He would have game where he can start and have full game as CF.
A lot of games in the PL are going be extremely tight at the end where we'll be leading by maybe a goal and our only priority will be to see the game out. Bringing Marcus on as a lone striker, as you said, does nothing for him. He could be useful to stretch the play and take the pressure away from our box as our leading ball carrier though. I enjoy watching that but he'll learn a lot more by playing full 90 minutes of games like he did against Reading.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

First of all I want to apologize, I mixed you up with someone else regarding the nomination so I'm sorry about that.

I did read your post and I have seen you say that he played well a couple of times. But comparing the way you praise him and the way you criticize him gives a very clear picture of your obvious bias against him. It's far more than "praising him when he plays well and criticize him when he plays bad".

Pace Abuser

What's impressed me a lot about him is his mentality. Nothing seems to phase him, he just plays with confidence and a smile on his face. The assist recently in the West Ham game to Mata for the first goal was a new found added maturity to his game too and I was very surprised at how cooly he did that. It wasn't just the once neither. Long may he continue and the fans' be patient with him too.

Djemba-Djemba

Not been at the races so far, his control in particular has been poor. Every pass into him seems to bounce away. It's tough though, there's very little space.

Hopefully we get an early goal 2nd half and the game opens up a bit, with more room he should be in his element.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nothing like some knee jerk posts after 45 minutes of football, well done lads ye didn't disappoint.
It's not kneejerk. He's far better as an impact sub at this moment in his career. Martial is on a different level to Rashford and should be starting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nothing like some knee jerk posts after 45 minutes of football, well done lads ye didn't disappoint.
Is it really knee jerk to say that he is really far away from being ready to lead the line? That's just blatantly the truth. He's an exciting prospect but he isn't much more then a prospect still and struggles to make any impact when leading the line.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
All the player performance threads are pretty cringeworthy at the moment. There's little to say about any of the players but people are still commenting as if the moment calls for a profound observation.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
The kid has the Lingard syndrome. Only plays because he s from the academy.

His touch is so poor.

Really doesnt provide anything. I really regret Welbeck when I see Rashforf playing form us

Status
Not open for further replies.