6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiorahking_

I think it's because your beliefs are based on very little evidence tbf. He's played on the wing for England and done well and he was only converted to playing up front by McGuinness at about 16/17. Before that he was a winger. A very highly rated winger. So to suggest he can't play there and is just an average footballer who is pacy and can finish may be true, but based on the available evidence is rather unlikely.
So because there was very little evidence I should have only have stated the good and nothing bad that I saw from his game? If I was wrong to make any criticisms then everyone who praised him was also in the wrong as well.

Obiorahking_

Stop throwing your toys out. Your posts were shit and Kevin dug them up. Everyone ha shit posts on here, me included. In future, perhaps you should abstain from posting complete garbage after a youth player had played all of 4 games and people not might bring up your shitty posts. Just a thought...
Once again, you continue with your rhetorical insulting remarks with no shred of evidence to back them up, yet you have the audacity to lambast my posts as "garbage". Furthermore my posts were not garbage. my initial observations may have been proven wrong--which for the hundredth time i will gladly say that I am happy because it-- but they were reasonable based on what everybody had seen at the time. I will go through everything a said post by post just to prove how stupid you sound.

"I see a Chicharito Hernandez in his game. Runs his ass off, makes clever runs, and is a pretty damn good finisher. However, he dosen't look like much of a dribbler to me or someone who is that technically gifted and can pick out a fantastic pass. I don't think trying him out-wide would do him any favors. He is a pure striker.

Great game today.
"

Please tell me one thing I said that was wrong or can be declared as "Embarrasing" here? I'll wait.

"If you say so, but going off of what I've seen at the first team He looked a little bit sloppy trying to go at defenders. We will see what he really is as the games go by.."
Key words: Going off of what I have seen. This post was straight after the Arsenal game, and in truth he did look incredibly sloppy trying to take the defenders on, he had no sense of directions.
And OH LOOK, I said "We will see what he really is as the games go by" knowing it would be ridiculous to make an declarative statement about his true abilities

Against U21's?
Talk to me when he does something like that against 1st team opposition.

This was a response to someone who told me that he had demonstrated good dribbling abilities in U21. I simply told him that I wouldn't be sold until he had proven to do this against first team opposition..and he did.

He needs to come off the field. He is such a waste of space out there on the right
Was I wrong? Against West Brom he was completely non existent. He was always either standing still, getting disposed, and failing to create anything meaningful throughout the whole game. His poor positioning when we were defending actually contributed to us losing that game if I remember. He had a really bad game.

I second this. It is time to return to reality and send him back down.
This was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but how many United youngsters had a fantastic debut coming out of the
academy, turned out to be dogshit then only to be sold to some random second division team and we never here from him again? Before Rashford( even though it still is too soon) when was the last time a United player broke through the united acedemy and actually succeeded and made a career for himself here? I'll wait. Luckily, there is a reason why we are all posters on a forum and not a manager of the worlds biggest football club. But I apologize as it was a statement that was made a little too soon.

Once again, all of the posts that I posted at the time where opinions that were made on the little that I had seen of him. If we as United fans have a right to praise him on the little we had seen of him, then we also have the right to criticize of the little of him. There is nothing wrong with that seeing as (I have said this once and I will always say this again seeing as common sense isn't that common with some you) all opinions and thoughts and subject to change when confronted with new evidence. My posts at the time where based on logical and astute observations that where made throughout his performances. Maybe you ought to try doing that for change...Just a thought.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I didn't bring up your posts...maybe you should take that thesis up with Kevin. He's the professor of football after all.

Obiorahking_

Caf is obsessed with technique and any player who's not particularly easy on the eye is called technically poor. Rashford is a great talent and exceedingly effective. If his 'technically' poor then so be it. The rest of us can enjoy his goals and assists for United while people moan about his technique.
The people who were claiming he didn't have the proper technique or dribbling were refuting the idea that he would be effective on the right. I too believe, for different reasons, that at this stage of his career it may not be best to place him on the right. He is not Muller...yet.

Obiorahking_

I didn't bring up your posts...maybe you should take that thesis up with Kevin. He's the professor of football after all.
On the contrary.
You called them and I quote "shit" "shitty" "complete garbage"

cyberman

The people who were claiming he didn't have the proper technique or dribbling were refuting the idea that he would be effective on the right. I too believe, for different reasons, that at this stage of his career it may not be best to place him on the right. He is not Muller...yet.
Muller doesn't play on the right

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Or refrain from attacking other people's posts without anything to back it up.
Or you could just refrain making snap judgements on an 18 year who's played a couple of games. That way you could avoid looking stupid months down the line.

Alternatively, you could just stop taking things so seriously. You're hardly the first poster who's been embarrassed. We've all been there.

Obiorahking_

Or you could just refrain making snap judgements on an 18 year who's played a couple of games. That way you could avoid looking stupid months down the line.
You just don't stop with the baseless comments do you?
Alternatively, you could just stop taking things so seriously. You're hardly the first poster who's been embarrassed. We've all been there.
I don't feel embarrassed,actually the polar opposite seeing as I called out a recurring issue on cafe that I too have been a culprit of. You feel embarrased?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
How much game time will he get this season do you think? Some league games but mainly used in the cup competitions?

SteveW

How much game time will he get this season do you think? Some league games but mainly used in the cup competitions?
I think he'll be used a lot. He doesn't deserve to be dropped at all to be honest. He's been one of our top 2-3 players since he was given his chance. When it comes down to it we'll win more games with him in the team than not so he should play

Dobbs

I see a Chicharito Hernandez in his game. Runs his ass off, makes clever runs, and is a pretty damn good finisher. However, he dosen't look like much of a dribbler to me or someone who is that technically gifted and can pick out a fantastic pass. I don't think trying him out-wide would do him any favors. He is a pure striker.

Great game today.

I didn't make any declarations. It was an astute observation based on what i had seen in the game. I still today believe he is a pure center forward but that is another conversation. Notice key words "see"," look" "think"

How do you explain this then? Clearly people getting mad over criticism
It's folk criticising your opinion. Firstly because you were in fact wrong (badly so) and secondly because you were talking about what an 18 year old CAN'T do after just two games.

Obiorahking_

It's folk criticising your opinion. Firstly because you were in fact wrong (badly so) and secondly because you were talking about what an 18 year old CAN'T do after just two games.
First of all I clearly just pointed out to you that multiple car posters where getting upset at the fact I criticized him after two games which I had a bloody right to do .

Second of all please point one thing I said that was so "badly wrong" other than the idea to send him back to t reserves. Or are you going to chicken out just as a previous poster has?

Obiorahking_

I think he'll be used a lot. He doesn't deserve to be dropped at all to be honest. He's been one of our top 2-3 players since he was given his chance. When it comes down to it we'll win more games with him in the team than not so he should play
A pipe dream would have me running a 442 with IBRA and Rashford up top and Miki on the right playing the David Silva role and making things happen with Schneiderlin and Pogba in midfield.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So because there was very little evidence I should have only have stated the good and nothing bad that I saw from his game? If I was wrong to make any criticisms then everyone who praised him was also in the wrong as well.
Yeah I don't think you read what I just wrote. The fact that until about 2 years ago he was a highly rated winger suggests that he could probably make a decent fist of playing on the wing. And that's not even taking into account that his dribbling etc never looked Hernandez-like in the first team anyway. There was and is very little evidence to support your view, that does not mean there is or was very little evidence for what type of player he might be.

Dobbs

First of all I clearly just pointed out to you that multiple car posters where getting upset at the fact I criticized him after two games which I had a bloody right to do .

Second of all please point one thing I said that was so "badly wrong" other than the idea to send him back to t reserves. Or are you going to chicken out just as a previous poster has?
You keep arguing about your right. Nobody's disputing that. I don't know who you're arguing against on that count.

What did you say that was badly wrong? Well sending him back to the reserves is bad enough on its own. Comparing him to Hernandez? Nothing like him.

Then finally talking about what an 18 year old CAN'T do after two games. It's no surprise you've turned out to be wrong. How can anybody talk about a young players limitations after just a couple of games. I just don't get that.

Obiorahking_

Yeah I don't think you read what I just wrote. The fact that until about 2 years ago he was a highly rated winger suggests that he could probably make a decent fist of playing on the wing. And that's not even taking into account that his dribbling etc never looked Hernandez-like in the first team anyway. There was and is very little evidence to support your view, that does not mean there is or was very little evidence for what type of player he might be.
Just because you can be good at one thing at against lower level opposition dosent mean he was bound to succeed against first team players. There was probably a reason he was converted to a striker if your assessment is correct. I saw Nemanja Matic transform from an ineffective attacking midfielder to a dominant destroyer.

At the time that I had made my opinion he had done little to demonstrate that he could be an effective winger and he still has done little today.

Obiorahking_

You keep arguing about your right. Nobody's disputing that. I don't know who you're arguing against on that count.

What did you say that was badly wrong? Well sending him back to the reserves is bad enough on its own. Comparing him to Hernandez? Nothing like him.

Then finally talking about what an 18 year old CAN'T do after two games. It's no surprise you've turned out to be wrong. How can anybody talk about a young players limitations after just a couple of games. I just don't get that.
I said that I could "see" Javier Hernandez in his game can you explain how Rashford seemingly has ZERO aspects of his game? Especially referring to the arsenal game?

What are you talking about
"If you say so, but going off of what I've seen at the first team He looked a little bit sloppy trying to go at defenders. We will see what he really is as the games go by.."
Key words: Going off of what I have seen. This post was straight after the Arsenal game, and in truth he did look incredibly sloppy trying to take the defenders on, he had no sense of directions.
And OH LOOK, I said "We will see what he really is as the games go by" knowing it would be ridiculous to make an declarative statement about his true abilities

Brightonian

I think people are being overly precious about the idea of him playing 'on the wing'. The wide men in a 433 or 4231 can be any manner of things. With Ibra as the central striker, it makes a lot of sense to have two 'wide forwards', Rashford and Martial, on either side of him. He'll receive the ball and look to flick it through to their out-to-in runs.

If you watch a highlights reel of Rashford's senior games so far, the vast majority of his best moments came from a wide starting position anyway. Which isn't surprising, given that he's only recently converted to a central striker, and spent most of his development as a winger.

If we were talking about a Fergie-style 442 winger, clearly that would be a waste. But on the right of a 433 seems like the perfect position for him to me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He'll get the right amount of minutes in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start up top with Zlatan against some of the weaker opposition. But he probably will be used more in the cup competitions which I'm fine with. I don't want to see Rashford over played, he's still very young and new to first team football. No need to rush him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should start few games on right side in 4-3-3. Martial and Radford wing forward with Mkhitaryan playing behind them would be fantastic to watch.

TwoSheds

Just because you can be good at one thing at against lower level opposition dosent mean he was bound to succeed against first team players. There was probably a reason he was converted to a striker if your assessment is correct. I saw Nemanja Matic transform from an ineffective attacking midfielder to a dominant destroyer.

At the time that I had made my opinion he had done little to demonstrate that he could be an effective winger and he still has done little today.
He was converted to a striker for his development as the coaches wanted him to improve his movement and finishing which were not up to the standard of the rest of his game. It worked. So well in fact that he stayed up top and broke into the first team.

Obiorahking_

He was converted to a striker for his development as the coaches wanted him to improve his movement and finishing which were not up to the standard of the rest of his game. It worked. So well in fact that he stayed up top and broke into the first team.
Yes then he should stay there. Besides we have a class player in Militaryan to play that striker role

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
He'll get the right amount of minutes in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start up top with Zlatan against some of the weaker opposition. But he probably will be used more in the cup competitions which I'm fine with. I don't want to see Rashford over played, he's still very young and new to first team football. No need to rush him.
Cheers for that. Certainly is a talented lad. Him and Origi have bright futures.

Brightonian

This would all make more sense if you actually knew a bit about him. He didn't convert to a central striker because he was an ineffective winger. Throughout most of his youth development he was really tiny, and from a young age was recognised as the academy's star talent while playing as a fast, dribbly winger (think young Messi). He had a sudden, late growth spurt and became relatively tall and thin. This combined with the youth teams' perennial problem of having lots of AMs and no strikers led the coaches to try him as a centre-forward and it stuck.

If anything he was more highly rated in the academy when he was a pure flair dribbling winger, whereas after changing position he went through some on-off spells and people wondered whether the coaches hadn't made the wrong choice converting him.

As for what he's done in the senior side, the majority of his best moments have been... dribbling from wide areas. So both parts of your last line are straightforwardly incorrect.

Brightonian

If that's true it's quite incredible story really, he looks very powerful right now (watch his pen-winning run last night).
It really is. He was tiny. Definitely the most undersized player I've ever seen in our academy, and we've had our fair share of shrimps over the years. He mostly played an age group up, which didn't help, but it always looked like one of the lads had brought their little brother along.

Here's a shot from an England U16 game:

TwoSheds

Yes then he should stay there. Besides we have a class player in Militaryan to play that striker role
Or he could play wherever he can get game time if he's capable of it. Certainly hasn't done Martial any harm playing on the wing even though he prefers playing up front.

Obiorahking_

This would all make more sense if you actually knew a bit about him. He didn't convert to a central striker because he was an ineffective winger. Throughout most of his youth development he was really tiny, and from a young age was recognised as the academy's star talent while playing as a fast, dribbly winger (think young Messi). He had a sudden, late growth spurt and became relatively tall and thin. This combined with the youth teams' perennial problem of having lots of AMs and no strikers led the coaches to try him as a centre-forward and it stuck.
Ah this is great stuff. I checked up on it myself even. I was wrong about his youth experiences then. However his growth spurt surely impacted his ability on the ball though?
As for what he's done in the senior side, the majority of his best moments have been... dribbling from wide areas. So both parts of your last line are straightforwardly incor
Actually his best moments came from scoring key goals to win us the games from the striker position. In certain games maybe he can play as an inverted forward but I am unconvinced of his ability in tight spaces and in situations where he has to cross the ball as well. He has a great pass though

Obiorahking_

Or he could play wherever he can get game time if he's capable of it. Certainly hasn't done Martial any harm playing on the wing even though he prefers playing up front.
He dosent have Martial like dribbling ability in tight areas nor has he proven to be a reliable crosser.

Brightonian

Ah this is great stuff. I checked up on it myself even. I was wrong about his youth experiences then. However his growth spurt surely impacted his ability on the ball though?
Initially, slightly, which always happens when players suddenly get taller. Quickly resolved though, his control and finesse are clear to see.

Actually his best moments came from scoring key goals to win us the games from the striker position. In certain games maybe he can play as an inverted forward but I am unconvinced of his ability in tight spaces and in situations where he has to cross the ball as well. He has a great pass though
Look where he comes from for the majority of his goals and assists and impressive moments. He likes a wide starting position even when he's playing as the central striker.

You're right about crossing, I've not really seen him do it much at any stage of his career. But he wouldn't need to, because again we're talking about a 433 not a 442. The fullbacks do the crossing.

You're definitely wrong about ability in tight spaces. It's one of his strengths. It seems odd that you don't agree, because we've definitely seen moments of that from him in his games so far. Little delicate interchanges with the likes of Lingard and Depay, flip flaps and back heels and negotiating his way between pressing defenders.

Dobbs

I said that I could "see" Javier Hernandez in his game can you explain how Rashford seemingly has ZERO aspects of his game? Especially referring to the arsenal game?

What are you talking about
Look mate, you were big time wrong on him.it happens to all of us. Despite saying you're happy to be wrong you seem very determined to argue you weren't all that wrong. It seems a bit unnecessary to keep going over the pitfalls of judging a young players limitations so early.

Obiorahking_

You're definitely wrong about ability in tight spaces. It's one of his strengths. It seems odd that you don't agree, because we've definitely seen moments of that from him in his games so far. Little delicate interchanges with the likes of Lingard and Depay, flip flaps and back heels and negotiating his
I am not saying his ability in tight spaces is bad per we but I am just not convinced of his ability to dribble out of it or create the space for a potential cross.I know it may seem like a lot of critique but in a flat 442 or defensive 433.I just could never trust him in that role until proven otherwise.

This added information about his history as a winger from multiple posters is enlightening though. I definitely would feel a little more content with him starting there but not fully convinced.

Sb_16

It really is. He was tiny. Definitely the most undersized player I've ever seen in our academy, and we've had our fair share of shrimps over the years. He mostly played an age group up, which didn't help, but it always looked like one of the lads had brought their little brother along.

Here's a shot from an England U16 game:

Wow. Btw is no.6 CBJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.