6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

I dont think he can ever be the single striker for United the way he plays but I'd absolutely love a Martial/Rashford partnership in the future.
I agree, For him to play as a striker we'll need to either move to a 2 striker system or start conceding the bulk of posession and playing on the counter all of the time.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Yeah, caught the highlights - shame he couldn't convert that golden opportunity he had but shows great composure & skill

GM K

Needs to be playing more up front and less out wide.

Rashford is better playing from the side in my opinion. Sure he can play as striker but I have never believed he is an ideal number 9. I guess that has to do with my idea of a number nine. I like either outright poachers like Inzaghi, bullies like Drogba or strikers with 'presence' in the box like Lewandowsky. Rashford's most outstanding qualities are speed, trickery and confidence. I think he can score bucket loads of goals from the side cutting into the box area. Ronaldo, Ribery, Robben, Messi, Neymar, and co, have scored loads of goals playing wide and cutting in to either strike for goal or join the main striker as a striking pair. That's what Rashford can do. He has the talent and pace for that. Even his single threat against Chelsea the other night was a run into the middle from the left. The boy is frightening when he runs at a defender and he is my favourite crosser of the ball in that team.

m1y2

Rashford is better playing from the side in my opinion. Sure he can play as striker but I have never believed he is an ideal number 9. I guess that has to do with my idea of a number nine. I like either outright poachers like Inzaghi, bullies like Drogba or strikers with 'presence' in the box like Lewandowsky. Rashford's most outstanding qualities are speed, trickery and confidence. I think he can score bucket loads of goals from the side cutting into the box area. Ronaldo, Ribery, Robben, Messi, Neymar, and co, have scored loads of goals playing wide and cutting in to either strike for goal or join the main striker as a striking pair. That's what Rashford can do. He has the talent and pace for that. Even his single threat against Chelsea the other night was a run into the middle from the left. The boy is frightening when he runs at a defender and he is my favourite crosser of the ball in that team.
Sure Rashford is young and can learn but, all the mentioned players are just ridiculously much better at dribbling and shooting..

As a second striker fine but not a classic wide player, I believe that he would get a lot of instruction from mourinho to stick to the byline anyway.. second striker fine but that 3-5-2 system sucks, not sure if we are able to switch and play great and effective football like we did at some point this season, Mou hardly ever used this in his career

Nick.

Lacks composure in front of goal. Maybe it will change with time but he's just not even close to being ready right now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The average conversion rate for strikers in the league is around 20% or so. Get him as many chances as Zlatan has had in many games and I'm sure he'll score some goals.

binary bot
I'm not actually worried about his finishing, more the chances he'll get in the team to prove himself. Despite missing, there's composure in his setup. I think he's too fond of the same finish.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Chances for him are far and few between as is at C.F..

Missing those kind of chances does him no favours.

When Zlatan is back there will hardly be an incentive for Jose to prefer him instead.
Zlatan has missed worse this season. Probably the least clinical striker this season in the league.

He's been very good so far. Boro can't deal with his movement.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He should be burying at least one the chances he had in the past 2 games. No excuses.

Reminding me of Welbeck at the moment. Playing well is nice, but he has got to start scoring some of these chances.

JoaquinJoaquin

He really needs to work on his finishing as that's the only aspect of his game that lets him down. It's a relief watching us play with a quick mobile striker I must say. Having a good game but just the finishing...

Man-United

He clearly hasn't his movement alone has caused us to have several chances already. His finishing has been poor but that happens when you play out of position for so long.
Pace is great but he's off today regarding finishing and passing. Decision making will come though as he's still young.

I feel he's at his best in a 4-4-2.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's making everything very obvious today. The first shot Valdes knew exactly what he was doing, the cutback Valdes just stepped out and blocked it and now the backheel, Barnardo just stuck his leg out.

RedMaestro

He's been really good. He's got great potential. Sure a few things could be done better but given his age I'm very impressed.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We were deceived by his explosive start last season, looks very much a kid today. Lots of talent but the game intelligence to go with it is lacking. He looked like he could burst onto the scene like Fowler and Owen did. This season makes it seem he'll have a more traditional development curve.

the hea

He's a joy to watch up until the the final touch when he always seems to make the wrong decision. If he can improve on his composure and decision making he will become one hell of a player.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He's fantastic. Would pay £35m for him if you lot don't rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.