View full 2019-20 profile

4.5 Average rating
10 Appearances
3 Goals
1 Assist
1 Yellow card
  1. Oct 8, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

Why do our fans still insist on pairing Rashford together with Martial? It's already quite clear Martial is few levels above and especially when comparing their striker play.
  2. Oct 8, 2019

InspiRED Full Member

Have to say I agree with you. Martial is a much more accomplished and rounded player. He's bad because he often looks like he's not trying or his head's elsewhere. But you never doubt his quality.
  3. Oct 8, 2019

TheReligion Abusive

What level is he playing at again?

Both above correct.

Rashford isn't the number 9. Martial is. Obviously the squad is that thin he's been playing their and getting zero service. He needs a rest, granted, but only a few weeks ago he was tearing Chelsea a new one in tandem with Martial.
  4. Oct 8, 2019

RedRonaldo Full Member

We already have the worst no.10 in the league in Lingard, it looks like we also have the worst no.9 in the league in Rashford, if he carry on playing like that.
  5. Oct 8, 2019

HowieC New Member

Agreed. Martial looks somewhat lazy, and does not play to his potential. However, he is technically skilled, smart, and is a good footballer.

Rashy doesn't even look like a premier league footballer and has nothing to effort beyond pace.
  6. Oct 8, 2019

Topgun1 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Those two facts are undeniable.
    People are saying Rashford isn't a true no.9 but they're missing the point. He struggles to convert easy opportunities. When I watched him against Astana & West Ham, I knew United were going nowhere unless they get rid of him. Seriously, he's shocking.
  7. Oct 8, 2019

United Hobbit Full Member

It would be very interesting to see what we did with him if we had more strikers available. He has struggled since at least the Liverpool game where he had to play injured. If Ole still played him despite having more strikers available that is definitely on Ole.

I wouldn't yet question his attitude, I'd say he is one of the better ones eg making himself available to play- either Martial's injury was worse than first thought or he isn't as committed as he could be to getting back

However everyone on the Cafe is saying about his poor positioning- why isn't he being coached on it? Show him analysis of where he is compared to where he should be. Work on it with him in training. I'd especially expect Ole who was such a good striker himself to be able to at least coach some striker information into him. Didn't he say when Ole first came in that he had been working with him?

I also think half the problem is he isn't getting great service from midfield so is coming back to try and get play going, Rooney used to do it as well. He is struggling in the striker role however multiple factors, both his own and then the coaching and team limitations are adding to it and compounding the problem further.
  8. Oct 8, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

How long until he is converted into a fullback?
  9. Oct 8, 2019

InspiRED Full Member

Evil, but funny :lol:
  10. Oct 8, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

I do my best to lighten the mood here.
  11. Oct 8, 2019

Smores Full Member

Remember when you all routinely lost your minds about Lukaku's lack of movement and how Jose was ruining Rashford who had to be played No 9 instantly?

We're a team setup with no 10s that don't have any creativity and wingers that can't cross and we wonder why our strikers stop running.

Rashford isn't ready but he wasn't last season when he was being apparently wasted on the wings. He's young and despite how much 50% of the fan base demand young players only, they aren't going to be top club material yet.
  12. Oct 8, 2019

Fosu-Mens Full Member

The problem is that since his breakthrough x years ago he has not improved a single non-physical related element of his game. He lacks a "blueprint" of how to play and use this model to improve the elements of his game that is lacking --> Close control and short passing, movement, linkup play etc.
  13. Oct 9, 2019

HowieC New Member

Exactly. I’m glad you highlighted his deficiencies in close control and passing.
    While close control is unlikely to be significantly improved at his age, passing can be to an extent.

He is so technically deficient as a footballer compared to the standard he is unable to contribute when he doesn’t score through dribbles in the box or good linkup play. And he barely scores.

At least martial has holdup, dribbling, linkup and passing when he doesn’t score.

He needs a tailored training regimen to improve his technicality and tactical understanding or he won’t ever get to premier league standard despite 150 games.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  14. Oct 9, 2019

thepolice123 Full Member

The most darning thing is his amateur-ish movement off the ball. A few times the ball came in from the flanks to the near post but he was seen behind the defender.

That said I think he is probably out of form at the moment and left out to hang for dry by our team's failings. If we had a selection of strikers. He would easily been dropped and slowly be played back into form.
  15. Oct 9, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

He should be a squad player. But he's being paid is if he's young Rooney.
  16. Oct 9, 2019

Desert Eagle Punjabi Dude

No united fan wants him to suck. Some were doubtful from the start but he did have a great 6 months or so when he first started out. But with a year and a half plus of shite performances, weird tantrums on the field and getting a bumper new contract. The excuses are running very thin. Even his nowhere to hide post seems hollow now. Only goals/assists and wining football games will help him now.
  17. Oct 9, 2019

romufc Full Member

We have seen poor management from Ole throughout his reign. At the end of last season and this season where we keep playing players that we know what they produce.

A half fit Pobga plays 90 mins V Rochdale...
    AWB plays V Rochdale

and then these players are missing.
  18. Oct 9, 2019

Red_scot1981 New Member

Why should fans be patient when he is walking away with 250k a week. He lost the right to patience demanding that sort of money.
  19. Oct 9, 2019

Noc-Z ffs

Because they are currently our two realistic options for the striker position?

But I do agree Martial is technically a far better player than Rashford.
  20. Oct 9, 2019

HowYouDoin New Member

Rashford is in a horrible slump. He is better than what he's been showing lately and dont think its entirely fair that people judge him based on his recent performances only but if there's a silver lining to this, it will put the notion that he's a striker to bed. He simply isn't, Mourinho was right. Rashford can get you 10-12 more goals from the left. Is that what Mourinho said? Smth like that. Either way, he was right.

Oh and please. Get rid of Lingard. Probably a bad influence on Rashford. Doesn't get mentioned enough.
  21. Oct 9, 2019

Renegade Full Member

Prime Rooney mate.
  22. Oct 10, 2019

croadyman New Member

Rashford could really do with a coach at the club who will encourage him to get across the defender more in the box.

I also think he really needs to add hold up play with his back to goal to his game as well. Do people reckon that could be taught with proper experienced coaching.
  23. Oct 13, 2019 at 17:35

Ashurq New Member

Welbeck was a hard worker but a atrocious finisher ,he couldn't even score from clear cut scoreing chance.Rashford is not getting clear cut chances or rather he is not in a position on the pitch on the right time to get those chance's.I would say both are trash.
  24. Oct 14, 2019 at 05:30

OohAahMartial Full Member

Martial > Rashford
    James > Rashford

Currently looks to be the case, very concerning for his career. He appeared to have a high ceiling but doesn't look likely to realise much of that potential. He needs to be made a squad LW, and if he's not happy with that then he's welcome to leave. What we don't want is another Lingard.
  25. Oct 14, 2019 at 07:05

Karel Podolsky New Member

Supports:
    Ex Laziale
    I also never in doubt that Kelechi Iheanacho is the better player than Rashford. :wenger:
    I know I am biased because I am a fan of Nacho. He just unfortunate that the better players are/were in front of him (Aguero, Vardy). I hope he can step up when Vardy starting to decline.

*sorry for slightly off topic.
  26. Oct 14, 2019 at 07:11

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Of course, he is still very young. Without being a monster at certain aspect of the game, there is always room for improvement. He just needs the right people to make him understand he still has to learn many things.
  27. Oct 14, 2019 at 19:54

Based Adnan New Member

On the one hand fair enough for scoring but on the other an example of his terrible decision making. 3 England players in the box and he shoots from there. Luckily for him the keepers made an absolute meal of it and it's gone in.
  28. Oct 14, 2019 at 19:58

Who's Kissing Cameras? New Member

How are you criticising him for getting on the scoresheet :lol:

Great feet and a fierce shot. Good on you Marcus. I hope you return to form!
  29. Oct 14, 2019 at 19:58

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

Everyone was marked and behind defenders, there is no way he would have picked any of those 3 players.
  30. Oct 14, 2019 at 19:59

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Very harsh. It would've been almost impossible to get the ball to one of those players there. Was a cracking goal.
  31. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:00

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

You could level the same criticism at any long range goal.
  32. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:01

Withnail Full Member

Did you spell Biased wrong in your username?
  33. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:01

Duafc Colm Murray

Biased Adnan.
  34. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:01

Duafc Colm Murray

Godamnit.
  35. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:02

Nick7 Full Member

Cracking goal. Jog on mate.
  36. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:02

Based Adnan New Member

Yeah alright maybe it was a bit harsh :lol:
  37. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:03

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Great goal. He's inconsistent on the left as a wide forward (not a winger), but generally has much more potential there IMO. Hope the goal gives him a confidence boost coinciding with Martial returning through the middle to improve him.
  38. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:04

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

Of the criticism I expected to read as a result of Rashford scoring for England this is not it but then again I shouldn't put anything past people on here
  39. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:04

Withnail Full Member

:lol:
  40. Oct 14, 2019 at 20:05

Swiss_Red89 New Member

We have to accept that he is a wide forward and not a number 9 (at least not yet).

Brilliant goal. We need Martial back so Rashford can switch back to the wing.