4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

Maybe it's born out of desperation by the direction I expect this window to go but I actually feel like Rashford could do much better this season. If he can get back to his best he'd be a great asset for us honestly. Two 20+ goal seasons in a row including one with 17 league goals is a great return for a player who isn't an out and out striker. Hoping we can get him back to his 2019/20 season form in particular. If we can, a front 3 of Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo actually looks really strong.

stw2022

The photos used to show his determination to turn things around will be cited as excuses if he doesn’t.

Today’s ‘look how hard he’s working, I’m confident he’ll get back to his best’ will be October’s ‘of course he’s struggling, he didn’t have a break and was training hard since mid June’

TOKUGAWA-X

Looks a new man.

Looks serious, focused, no more ridiculous hair cuts and colors.

Hopefully he understood he has the potential and just needs to focus on football. Now he needs to show us that he stays away from social media aswell.

I need him to talk only about football. He needs to let the rest of the world alone.

Come on Marcus

El Jefe

ETH is going to be so important for him. LVG was great for Rashford because of his coaching and Jose always kept him on his toes and hardworking. Although he was great to begin with under Ole, his management of him was a bit careless and developed the ego and entitlement which never existed before. Rangnick was just a car crash and rock bottom for Rashford.

I think Rashford will be Ten Hag's biggest project. His biggest problem is his decision making and coaching can fix a lot of that. He has so many tools to work with and from the pictures he looks even bigger and stronger and that will be important because I feel like he still gets brushed off the ball too easy. Rashford should be getting 20 goals in all comps and hopefully ETH gets him back to that.

EtH

I really miss the days of players just simply putting in the work without putting in the PR work about putting in the work.

Giggsyking

Video in Arabic. Summary, Rashford is suing a man utd fan (medical student) in Egypt, He has appointed a team of 10 lawyers, accusing the student of racially abusing Rashford and posting online threats. The Program presenter was shocked, but he said at the end of the video, our kids on Twitter must understand that everything they say online has consequences, and this kid specifically maybe thought with himself that Rashford wont even notice his posts on Twitter. The Egyptian kid has not told his family because he is "afraid of the economical consequences".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Video in Arabic. Summary, Rashford is suing a man utd fan (medical student) in Egypt, He has appointed a team of 10 lawyers, accusing the student of racially abusing Rashford and posting online threats. The Program presenter was shocked, but he said at the end of the video, our kids on Twitter must understand that everything they say online has consequences, and this kid specifically maybe thought with himself that Rashford wont even notice his posts on Twitter. The Egyptian kid has not told his family because he is "afraid of the economical consequences".
Just saw an ESPN article which stated that half the players in the Euro & AFCON were racially abused online.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Looks serious, focused, no more ridiculous hair cuts and colors.

Hopefully he understood he has the potential and just needs to focus on football. Now he needs to show us that he stays away from social media aswell.

I need him to talk only about football. He needs to let the rest of the world alone.

Come on Marcus
Quite funny this. Just being honest, I have zero expectations from this lad.

stw2022

He takes criticism badly. Not talking about abuse, which he has every right to confront. But legitimate criticism of his performance, attitude and off-field activities are always responded to with either a barrage of Tweets, planted PR stories or images and videos of him “working hard”

He notices everything. Every Tweet, every column, every fan online opinion, every radio show phone-in remark and seems incredibly thin-skinned and even the mere suggestion that maybe he should ‘concentrate on football’ seems to leave him absolutely reeling.

Honestly think were he to have a good game he’d run into the dressing room to his phone to scour the internet to try and find someone not enamoured with his display and proceed to send 12 Tweets about how hard he works and how much the club means to him

This is why I think he’s struggled over last 12-18 months. When universal praise for his charity work began to fade and attention was drawn back to the day job, I don’t think he handled that well. He handles that very badly and I think that’s why we’ve what we have. I think criticism- or maybe lack of adulation that he became accustomed to - is something he cannot deal with.

AndySmith1990

The photos used to show his determination to turn things around will be cited as excuses if he doesn’t.

Today’s ‘look how hard he’s working, I’m confident he’ll get back to his best’ will be October’s ‘of course he’s struggling, he didn’t have a break and was training hard since mid June’
I wish I could say you're talking shite, but unfortunately there is a habit of far too many excuses being made to absolve players of accountability for their own performances. There's always a convenient excuse at hand

DickDastardly

A bulked up Rashford huh?

His decision making isn't his best trade, it was his speed and downright that point of a second faster touch.

He's going the Ronaldo way of bulking up and sacrificing speed for strenght so maybe we're making him into a 9?

Does he have the mind for it though?

Ronaldo made the transition from a skinny fast trickster into a goal scoring machine in a year or so....

Can Marcus?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You use that emoji in90% of your posts and 90% of your posts attack the person you’re responding to
‘Scout’

heh
Again wrong, must be a record to get everything wrong so consistently.

Maybe i use that emoji for your posts because IMO that's how I feel reading the post. Tbh I don't read it completely, first 2 lines is more than enough.

stw2022

Maybe I could spend more time going around the board :lol:ing at other people’s opinions.

This thread stands as evidence to how the Marcus Rashford debate throughout the last season was people noticing he was shite and people like you losing their shit and belittling them, shouting about ‘goal opportunities’

Can deny it now but when fans were actually seeing him play like crap, it became toxic in here for anyone who dared point that out for the longest time.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I really miss the days of players just simply putting in the work without putting in the PR work about putting in the work.
I imagine players miss the days when they could just simply put in the work without millions of online ‘fans’ screaming vitriol at them.

roonster09

Scout
Maybe I could spend more time going around the board :lol:ing at other people’s opinions.

This thread stands as evidence to how the Marcus Rashford debate throughout the last season was people noticing he was shite and people like you losing their shit and belittling them, shouting about ‘goal opportunities’

Can deny it now but when fans were actually seeing him play like crap, it became toxic in here for anyone who dared point that out for the longest time.
You are the guy who spoke about goal contributions, got numbers completely wrong and then moved the goal posts. Made ridiculous points and then tagged yourself with other posters who made good points, desperation act :lol:

No you should spend more time making the same shit points everyday, not that you need any push. It's funny you repeat the same shit everyday, I don't know the personal reasons, after all Rashford is sleeping with random girls.

RedStarUnited

His decision making isn't his best trade, it was his speed and downright that point of a second faster touch.

He's going the Ronaldo way of bulking up and sacrificing speed for strenght so maybe we're making him into a 9?

Ronaldo made the transition from a skinny fast trickster into a goal scoring machine in a year or so....

Can Marcus?
Cristiano Ronaldo? When did he lose speed for strength?

EtH

I imagine players miss the days when they could just simply put in the work without millions of online ‘fans’ screaming vitriol at them.
Perhaps if they were just a bit less obsessed with their own branding and every online whim on the social media they just might have a firmer grasp on reality and in turn cope better with such hardships.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody gives a feck Marcus. We saw how hard you tried last season when we needed you. Never forgive him for that.
Couldn't you put the very same criticism at about 22 of the 25 man squad though?

Hardly just Rashford was it? I seem to remember getting humiliated at Brighton 4-0 and Rashford wasn't even there.

9 Stone Elvis

You are the guy who spoke about goal contributions, got numbers completely wrong and then moved the goal posts. Made ridiculous points and then tagged yourself with other posters who made good points, desperation act :lol:

No you should spend more time making the same shit points everyday, not that you need any push. It's funny you repeat the same shit everyday, I don't know the personal reasons, after all Rashford is sleeping with random girls.
The basis of the point is correct though, I stopped posting about Rashford because I was tired of being called a Tory who wanted kids to starve and a borderline racist for daring to discuss how poor he has been. Then as the season progressed people were reluctantly forced to agree but with a hundred caveats to excuse it, everything from a back injury to his mental health and as each reason was debunked we got closer to the fact that Rashford has not improved one iota from that player that burst onto the scene (copyright Micah Richards) years ago.

Bottom line though, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating and we will know next season just where he is as a footballer, if he kicks into gear as a 20 goal player who is playing well for the team everyone should be delighted because thats what we need, if he doesnt then we just have to accept he's not good enough for where we want to be and hope desperately that Newcastle fancy a big name signing to sort out the school dinners in the north east.

Dorris

James Robson with the latest PR piece. Surely the best bit of PR Rashford could give himself is to stop with the PR, it’s comical at this point

roonster09

Scout
The basis of the point is correct though, I stopped posting about Rashford because I was tired of being called a Tory who wanted kids to starve and a borderline racist for daring to discuss how poor he has been. Then as the season progressed people were reluctantly forced to agree but with a hundred caveats to excuse it, everything from a back injury to his mental health and as each reason was debunked we got closer to the fact that Rashford has not improved one iota from that player that burst onto the scene (copyright Micah Richards) years ago.

Bottom line though, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating and we will know next season just where he is as a footballer, if he kicks into gear as a 20 goal player who is playing well for the team everyone should be delighted because thats what we need, if he doesnt then we just have to accept he's not good enough for where we want to be and hope desperately that Newcastle fancy a big name signing to sort out the school dinners in the north east.
I don't know how anyone can build their argument with "he didn't improve from day 1" point. There are few areas where he didn't but that statement is just wrong.

You have said only side of argument, there are few who used last season as his normal season and he was as poor from day 1, that's just nonsense.

Also I don't think everyone will be happy if Rashford plays well and scores goals. There are many for whom "agenda > ManUtd".

Also I don't know how the "basis of the point" is correct, there are people who are just blind to see any criticism or critical posts on Rashford. I have seen people saying Rashford barely gets criticism and this was last year, i posted links for 20 different threads dedicated just for criticising Rashford or questioning his place in the team, but for some reason people ignore that and come up with "lolzy so many excuse for Rashford" "most protected player" nonsense.

ThanksBoss26

James Robson with the latest PR piece. Surely the best bit of PR Rashford could give himself is to stop with the PR, it’s comical at this point
Yeah noticed this. Just a personal hunch - I think the penny will have dropped and he'll end up having a decent season but agree, the words, pics, PR etc are hollow now and mean nothing.

roonster09

Scout
Any journalist who writes opinion piece is a PR from Rashford, i hope Rashford is getting good enough wages, looks like too many journalists are on his payroll.

Red00012

Problem

Can’t pass
Takes the wrong decision 90% of the time
Loses the ball and just stops and watches
Runs with the ball with his head down
No footballing brain

Solution

I’ll go to the gym and post it on social media

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119

Can Marcus?
Do you have Ronaldo confused with Trunks from Dragonball Z?

Drainy

Problem

Can’t pass
Takes the wrong decision 90% of the time
Loses the ball and just stops and watches
Runs with the ball with his head down
No footballing brain

Solution

I’ll go to the gym and post it on social media
What's he meant to do about it in the off season?

The new coaches will need to work with him on what they consider to be the correct way to play and he's working on his physical side so he can hit the ground running. Is the only complaint that he's posting it to social media?

roonster09

Scout
What's he meant to do about it in the off season?

The new coaches will need to work with him on what they consider to be the correct way to play and he's working on his physical side so he can hit the ground running. Is the only complaint that he's posting it to social media?
Maybe he should work on his decision making, like putting right shoe on, wearing clean socks, tying laces properly. This will improve his decision making.

If he starts working on finishing his meals then it will improve his finishing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.