Problem

Can’t pass
Takes the wrong decision 90% of the time
Loses the ball and just stops and watches
Runs with the ball with his head down
No footballing brain

Solution

I’ll go to the gym and post it on social media
He can lose the ball a lot less if he can play through physicality from the defenders and strength training is a big part of that. Its hard to build muscle while running as much as he does during the course of a season, so ofcourse he'd be doing a lot of gym work before showing up for preseason. Posting shit about a player putting in work in his off time is the most obtuse thing ever.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wonder if people even know what to expect on Instagram.

Red00012

What's he meant to do about it in the off season?

The new coaches will need to work with him on what they consider to be the correct way to play and he's working on his physical side so he can hit the ground running. Is the only complaint that he's posting it to social media?
Work with a football pal

Red00012

He can lose the ball a lot less if he can play through physicality from the defenders and strength training is a big part of that. Its hard to build muscle while running as much as he does during the course of a season, so ofcourse he'd be doing a lot of gym work before showing up for preseason. Posting shit about a player putting in work in his off time is the most obtuse thing ever.
Yes if he puts on muscle whilst running into a crowd of defenders with his head down his muscle will get past them :lol: problem is the ball will be going up the other side of the pitch

Drainy

Work with a football pal
How do you know he doesn't kick a ball about for a few hours a day?

He's had videos of that in previous years? Working on his first touch and shooting etc.

I'm talking about tactical work, decision making etc. The stuff you were shitting on him for. The coaching staff aren't around. Is he meant to guess what they want and work on that on his own?

9 Stone Elvis

I don't know how anyone can build their argument with "he didn't improve from day 1" point. There are few areas where he didn't but that statement is just wrong.

You have said only side of argument, there are few who used last season as his normal season and he was as poor from day 1, that's just nonsense.

Also I don't think everyone will be happy if Rashford plays well and scores goals. There are many for whom "agenda > ManUtd".

Also I don't know how the "basis of the point" is correct, there are people who are just blind to see any criticism or critical posts on Rashford. I have seen people saying Rashford barely gets criticism and this was last year, i posted links for 20 different threads dedicated just for criticising Rashford or questioning his place in the team, but for some reason people ignore that and come up with "lolzy so many excuse for Rashford" "most protected player" nonsense.
Im not "building an argument" thats a completely wrong standpoint to begin with . We are all supposed to support the same club, there shouldn't be a need to do that. Im simply saying that IMO he was never as good as he was made out to be so in my eyes he hasn't fallen as far as others seem to think. I believe that the flaws in his game have always been there they are just magnified when he is no longer doing the things that brought the praise.

I think Rashford gets a lot of criticism from some quarters and blind devotion from others and when you bring those two together you get threads like this and clashes accordingly.

When I bemoan his 10th run down a blind alley and losing the ball, its got nothing to do with who I voted for in the last election. When I criticise his media output its not because I want to see children starve in the holidays. I see body language and media output (albeit more subtle) thats every bit as bad as Pogba and Martial but no one every questioned whether their mental mental heath was ok or why they weren't smiling.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
:rolleyes:
When journalists talk about him, one thing is clear. It seems his camp blame the club for his lack of development. These guys are incapable of introspection.
Sterling has played in multiple positions for Guardiola.

Chairman Steve

I can never work out how these people get so many followers

I swear a small handful of people run a ton of Twitter accounts like these, masquerading as ‘true fans‘

Ive seen accounts that are ‘Man City fan and Aguero stan’, ‘CFC and Mountsexual’, ‘Liverpool and Van Dijk fan account’. I wouldn’t be surprised if these people don’t actually follow football that much but they’ve found a niche for that Twitter popularity and theyre exploiting it.

They say the most basic common denominator hype stuff imaginable and somehow idiots or foreign fans who don’t know any better buy into it. They seduce them with basic photoshoppery and do basic Twitter banter. They offer no insight, objectivity or anything. Just your basic shitpost that any fecking human can do.

They follow official club accounts and then dunk on them for ratios and likes with half assed banter, because Twitter is full of idiots.

Dorris

Any journalist who writes opinion piece is a PR from Rashford, i hope Rashford is getting good enough wages, looks like too many journalists are on his payroll.
How many of our players have had articles written about them recently in such a positive light? There may be a couple spread across the whole squad. Rashfords had atleast 3 or 4 from a few differing journalists, and it’s constant throughout the year. It doesn’t take a genius does it..

roonster09

Scout
How many of our players have had articles written about them recently in such a positive light? There may be a couple spread across the whole squad. Rashfords had atleast 3 or 4 from a few differing journalists, and it’s constant throughout the year. It doesn’t take a genius does it..
I hope he is earning good money, otherwise he will be eating free meals after paying all the journalists.

Frank White

When journalists talk about him, one thing is clear. It seems his camp blame the club for his lack of development. These guys are incapable of introspection.
Well yeah, ones doing it for Pep with a ridiculously well drilled City team and the others had Jose, Ole and Rangnick..... Doesn't absolve him of all blame but come on to say Sterling playing multiple positions decently under Pep in that City team means Rashford should have no problem doing it, doesn't seem very fair imo.

And that's not exclusive to Rashford either, Sancho is the same.

Andersons Dietician

I bet that hill has had a few people spewing their guts up on that beast. Fair crack to Rashford, know he’s a professional athlete and get paid to keep his body in top condition but hill sprints are fecking savage.

Anyway, hopefully he comes back in good condition and ETH finds away to get him playing and making good decisions on the field for the team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Problem

Can’t pass
Takes the wrong decision 90% of the time
Loses the ball and just stops and watches
Runs with the ball with his head down
No footballing brain

Solution

I’ll go to the gym and post it on social media
Going to the gym and posting on social media is a crime?

Jesus Christ log off for the summer.

Harold_Giles

Dragging some Egyptian kid to court with a 10 lawyer team is pathetic
It's really not.
Acting like scum on the Internet is however, so I do hope this will become more common so that said scum think twice before they unleash themselves on the Internet.

Marwood

What's he meant to do about it in the off season?

The new coaches will need to work with him on what they consider to be the correct way to play and he's working on his physical side so he can hit the ground running. Is the only complaint that he's posting it to social media?
You can practice football in the off season.

He's completely stopped using his left foot. If he can improve that it would help that decision making, the running into trouble etc.

He's already a very good athlete. More and more working out isn't the asnwer.

TsuWave

Looks serious, focused, no more ridiculous hair cuts and colors.

Hopefully he understood he has the potential and just needs to focus on football. Now he needs to show us that he stays away from social media aswell.

I need him to talk only about football. He needs to let the rest of the world alone.

Come on Marcus
“Shut up and dribble”?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Has he annoyed me last season? Yes.
Have I moaned about him during games? Yes.
Have I at any point supported the possibility of him being sold? Admittedly, yes.

With all that being said, I really do hope he turns things around this season. A top-form Rashford, with some actual consistency to his game, will take us a long-way. He's not world class level, but he's certainly a calibre of player who can be a constant threat for us. He's had a stagnative year so he certainly needs to get back on track this season otherwise I think a lot of people will give up on him, myself included.

I can't see us signing a striker this summer, which means I do think he'll be playing up top when we rest Ronaldo. Different players of course, but if Ten Hagg can get a wonderful tune out of Haller, then hopefully he can do it with Rashford.

Andy_Cole

To be fair this has been many of the younger players downfall. Man management has been non existent since much of Jose and all of Ole’s era. Ten Hag will bring personalised detailed analysis. If the players are 100% Hag and non of this downing tools bullshit then I’m hugely confident on this era.

The younger players, including Martial, need an arm around them to play for the system.

Marcelinho87

I know he's under contract until the 30th of this month... but why still have Paul Poobag in the intro? Put the video editors to work, remove his greedy face
I don't think a YouTube account called Utd Comps6 has a team of video editors to be honest.

stw2022

Wants a ‘set position’?

This is something In never understood. Yes most players have preferred positions. But aren’t most top players somewhat versatile?

Aside from anything else you may need to change temporarily mid-game to compensate for injury, for tactical reasons or anything else. You have to be super fecking good to be someone who can get away with 'I stand here and do this and nothing else', don't you? I've never got why those keen to divert attention away from his poor performances always excused them by pointing to, essentially, his lack of versatility.

"Of course he looks shit, he's playing slightly askew of his ideal position" - sorry but if you're using that as a reason why it's unfair to criticise him then it speaks volumes. A top right-footed wide forward shouldn't look all at sea when asked to play as a right-sided wide forward. It's self-evident, isn't it? Yet one of the oft-groped for excuses is that Rashford - said right-footed wide forward - cannot possibly play as a right-sided wide forward and if he does it's perfectly understandable he looks crap. I don't get it. You can't argue that and still argue he's a top player.

If he is that limited that he really can play in one position and do one thing, then he can't really cry if his opportunities to play are more limited than his positional adaptability.

Tavern in the town

Wants a ‘set position’?

This is something In never understood. Yes most players have preferred positions. But aren’t most top players somewhat versatile?

Aside from anything else you may need to change temporarily mid-game to compensate for injury, for tactical reasons or anything else. You have to be super fecking good to be someone who can get away with 'I stand here and do this and nothing else', don't you? I've never got why those keen to divert attention away from his poor performances always excused them by pointing to, essentially, his lack of versatility.

"Of course he looks shit, he's playing slightly askew of his ideal position" - sorry but if you're using that as a reason why it's unfair to criticise him then it speaks volumes. A top right-footed wide forward shouldn't look all at sea when asked to play as a right-sided wide forward. It's self-evident, isn't it? Yet one of the oft-groped for excuses is that Rashford - said right-footed wide forward - cannot possibly play as a right-sided wide forward and if he does it's perfectly understandable he looks crap. I don't get it. You can't argue that and still argue he's a top player.

If he is that limited that he really can play in one position and do one thing, then he can't really cry if his opportunities to play are more limited than his positional adaptability.
How is wanting a set position an outrageous requirement? If you put Salah on the left wing instead of the right he’d look like a fish out of water.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wants a ‘set position’?

It's not really like that. You're dealing with the top 1% of all footballers on the planet. Little things that make up the final 5% of your game make an enormous difference. If we were talking about Rashford playing on the left or right against lower league opposition, no, it doesn't matter. But in the prem or CL where he wants to make that step up, then it makes a huge difference being in your best position in a system that gets the best out of you, because often times there isn't actually a whole lot between what makes a top players and the others you play against regularly, but those little things that add up.

ThanksBoss26

Has he annoyed me last season? Yes.
Have I moaned about him during games? Yes.
Have I at any point supported the possibility of him being sold? Admittedly, yes.

With all that being said, I really do hope he turns things around this season. A top-form Rashford, with some actual consistency to his game, will take us a long-way. He's not world class level, but he's certainly a calibre of player who can be a constant threat for us. He's had a stagnative year so he certainly needs to get back on track this season otherwise I think a lot of people will give up on him, myself included.

I can't see us signing a striker this summer, which means I do think he'll be playing up top when we rest Ronaldo. Different players of course, but if Ten Hagg can get a wonderful tune out of Haller, then hopefully he can do it with Rashford.
Agree with this. Some of them I've completely given up on, still think he might turn it around.

stw2022

It's not really like that. You're dealing with the top 1% of all footballers on the planet. Little things that make up the final 5% of your game make an enormous difference. If we were talking about Rashford playing on the left or right against lower league opposition, no, it doesn't matter. But in the prem or CL where he wants to make that step up, then it makes a huge difference being in your best position in a system that gets the best out of you, because often times there isn't actually a whole lot between what makes a top players and the others you play against regularly, but those little things that add up.
He looks equally as crap either side to be honest. It just smacks of someone who is looking at everyone else and believes the excuses others make up for him. If he was really genuine with this PR pics of him sweating a bit in the sun then great. But against it's coupled with signs that he actually doesn't blame himself at all - he blames lack of 'man management', he blames lack of 'set position' and it just makes a complete mockery of anything his machine are churning out. He appears to think his lack of form is someone else's fault. Still.

When you've played as badly as he has surely you shut the feck up, put your head down and wait for new season to prove yourself. If we think this has come from his camp, you don't demand a 'set-position' through the media and appear to blame your problems on previous management.

Apart from anything else the only message his PR people should be setting out there is 'I'll play anywhere you need me to, boss'. Not making quasi-demands through the press. Imagine Fergie's reaction if at any point a player demanded a set-position through the media. He'd be cleaning the boots for the first 4 months of the season.

roonster09

Scout
New day and this poster comes up with one more reason to have a go at Rashford, seriously this poster has a problem :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looks equally as crap either side to be honest. It just smacks of someone who is looking at everyone else and believes the excuses others make up for him. If he was really genuine with this PR pics of him sweating a bit in the sun then great. But against it's coupled with signs that he actually doesn't blame himself at all - he blames lack of 'man management', he blames lack of 'set position' and it just makes a complete mockery of anything his machine are churning out. He appears to think his lack of form is someone else's fault. Still.

When you've played as badly as he has surely you shut the feck up, put your head down and wait for new season to prove yourself. If we think this has come from his camp, you don't demand a 'set-position' through the media and appear to blame your problems on previous management.

Apart from anything else the only message his PR people should be setting out there is 'I'll play anywhere you need me to, boss'. Not making quasi-demands through the press. Imagine Fergie's reaction if at any point a player demanded a set-position through the media. He'd be cleaning the boots for the first 4 months of the season.
Last season he had a bad year like everyone. Before that, he looked class on the left for periods and inconsistent in others, but was really productive. Of course there's a chance he gets back to his best and that's what we have to hope for. It's on him to get his motivation back, but also on the manager to get him a system. Why do people have to be negative about everything? Players camp says how he wants to be in top shape and ready to go... And fans complain? Why? Of course he'll have to show it, but everything is in the media now so why do people get upset?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You are the guy who spoke about goal contributions, got numbers completely wrong and then moved the goal posts. Made ridiculous points and then tagged yourself with other posters who made good points, desperation act :lol:

No you should spend more time making the same shit points everyday, not that you need any push. It's funny you repeat the same shit everyday, I don't know the personal reasons, after all Rashford is sleeping with random girls.
He has a point though. You spent most of last season defending Rashford at every turn when he came backfrom injury, using statistics as your defence. When it became impossible to defend him in the last couple of weeks/month you disappeared completely only to come back and start your defence all over again against who dares criticize Rashford. Not all supporters have the memory of a goldfish in remembering just how disgraceful Rashford was last season although for some unknown reason many people are back on his side and like it or not his PR team are a part of that.

My own take is I couldn't give 2 fecks if I never see Rashford in a United shirt ever again and if you think that deserves a :lol: go right ahead.

stw2022

New day and this poster comes up with one more reason to have a go at Rashford, seriously this poster has a problem :lol:
It's the same day. The day doesn't change every time there's a new page. That's not how that works.

roonster09

Scout
He has a point though. You spent most of last season defending Rashford at every turn when he came backfrom injury, using statistics as your defence. When it became impossible to defend him in the last couple of weeks/month you disappeared completely only to come back and start your defence all over again against who dares criticize Rashford. Not all supporters have the memory of a goldfish in remembering just how disgraceful Rashford was last season although for some unknown reason many people are back on his side and like it or not his PR team are a part of that.

My own take is I couldn't give 2 fecks if I never see Rashford in a United shirt ever again and if you think that deserves a :lol: go right ahead.
Nonsense, i said Rashford was average performance wise in 2020-21, when someone said his output was bad i posted numbers. It's like people don't even know to read and have selective blindness.

Last season i criticized his performance and I stopped posting in any performance threads as all were just trash.

And again one more nonsense about defending Rashford, go ahead and show me the posts where i defended his performance. I don't like moronic takes, when I see them i challenge the posts, especially when it's moaning about someone's work out videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.