6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quagmire Maguire

I have not been at all short in my criticism of Rashford over the years, I just never really got the hype and certainly didn’t rate him highly at all. He also really annoyed me when he, and others to be fair, but it was most obvious with Rashford, completely downed tools. If you don’t remember his performances against Liverpool and City last season go and rewatch them for the pinnacle of him just not giving a shite.

However my god has he turned my opinion of him around, this is the best I have seen him play and I say that because not only is he being consistent, he is working hard and often making the right decision. Vital to the team currently. Long may it continue, as humble pie has always tasted good.

Rajma

You can’t fault his effort but he really does not have any strength to shield the ball when placing his body? It’s a real annoyance as he never able to hold up the play when controlling a more difficult ball while being under pressure…Also, decision making is really really poor at times.

Superunknown

I'm happy just to see him coming up with goals. He's getting into great positions like he did for the third goal. In great form.

Baxter

He’s definitely more competent on the right under ETH, but it does feel like a waste moving him there.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wasn't brilliant or anything today by the standards of his recent form, but the level of confidence and willingness to try things is on a different planet from the last two years or so.

RedRoach

Great again and glad he got a deserved goal. Needs to work a bit on his final pass as he misplaced quite a few today, but overall a constant threat.

Swiss_Red89

You can’t fault his effort but he really does not have any strength to shield the ball when placing his body? It’s a real annoyance as he never able to hold up the play when controlling a more difficult ball while being under pressure…Also, decision making is really really poor at times.
he literally did exactly that a few days ago to get us the winner vs Wolves.

I agree that he is still relatively weak in duells with his back to the goal.

Olecurls99

Still makes a lot of silly decisions.

Had Dalot basically through on goal at one stage and tried a speculative effort.

Tried to take Elangas head off with a cross.

There was more of that but he's allowed the odd decent game every now and again. We have Shawldinho after all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to see him keeping it up.

Also, the work rate he's showing is back to his early days work rate. Wonder if Solskjaer told him to save his energy so he got lazy defensively, because when he first broke through his work rate was excellent and it's back to being excellent.

lost7

If he was sharper we could have scored 4 in the second half, the number of counters he ruined was pissing me off.

Happy for the goal, I really want him to smash his epl record this season

El Jefe

Played like the Ole version of Rashford today. A bit to greedy and seeking the headlines but I guess if you're on a good run of scoring it's best to keep it going.

Considering he's our most important attacker at the moment its hard to be mad at him for that.

eire-red

Different animal right now. There's like almost an aura about him on the pitch. At this rate he can easily get 25+ goals in all comps.

Sylar

They were frightened by him. He's become one of those players and his decision making was great

WirralRed

Can’t express how happy I am he has found this forum again I was really starting to get worried it would never come back for us. Such an exciting player to watch in this forum.

Threesus

"Just give it to Rashy (in attack)" becomes the mantra.
That’s been our default attack setting since at least 2016/2017 tbh.
We don’t win that Europa league if he didn’t carry the attack.
I sometimes wonder if he would have been better under SAF and some world class pros to look up to.

Robbie Boy

Not his best game, but ended up with a goal. I'm delighted for him, and long may it continue.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That’s been our default attack setting since at least 2016/2017 tbh.
We don’t win that Europa league if he didn’t carry the attack.
I sometimes wonder if he would have been better under SAF and some world class pros to look up to.
He played with Ibra, Cavani, Ronaldo at their later age. I mean, those three were world class pro as much as you can find.

And yes, of course he'd be a better player under SAF. Discipline, stable managerial environment, attacking / counter attack play, and he'd be easing in as needed to play.

FujiVice

Rashford has had some dodgy managers (some that gave him to much rope and some who didnt give him enough) and some off the field stuff that although positive for the country and the youth of Britain overall is quite stressful for a young man to have all that on him. Adding to all that, missing a pen at the Euros and a stress facture in his back, believe me isnt something you get over quickly.

Its been a funny career. Ten Hag is the absolute right manager to take him to another level IMO. He's on fire right now. Not just his goals, but the fact he's no longer going into his shell. If he stays injury free, and is allowed to be himself on the field, which means having a shit game every now and then with effort, then we might see the player people have said he could turn into. He's played with Ibra, Ronaldo, Cavani, Lukaku, Kane, Rooney. He must have learned something of that lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.