g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

arthurka

The state of this guy. He shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Zero efforts and zero shits given. Everything that is wrong with this club.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why do so many people have an agenda against him? He scored a cracker against Italy. We cant criticize him for next 10 years now.

NoPace

He looks a bit lost this deep and wide. Hopefully with Reguilon back it'll get better, because he's a forward and looks like one when he picks it up near out half when we're playing against a team sat deep.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Leave Rashford alone, he's our best bet of getting a goal or creating a chance out of nothing...

Most teams would build their teams to cover for his weakness and maximize his strengths.

In fact if he wasn't a United player you lot would be crying about how the club won't blow 150m to get him signed.

Just give it a rest and enjoy the good things he brings to the table.
Statistically this isn’t true since we’ve scored most of our goals this season with him not involved.

He’s in such shit form that he’s nearly useless on the pitch this season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I honestly thought he’d cracked the code last season and become the sum of his parts. But he’s been absolutely shocking this season. No effort, no goals just nothing.

Doracle

Should have finished that left footed chance but played relatively well without being at his best - looks low on confidence currently.

We also need to stop moving him to the right wing. He doesn’t play well there and we look much less effective as Garnacho isn’t as good as Rashford on the left wing either. Play Garnacho there and get him used to playing that side. He cannot possibly be as bad as Antony and it’s the only way to get our two best wingers into the team.

Red_toad

Should have finished that left footed chance but played relatively well without being at his best - looks low on confidence currently.

We also need to stop moving him to the right wing. He doesn’t play well there and we look much less effective as Garnacho isn’t as good as Rashford on the left wing either. Play Garnacho there and get him used to playing that side. He cannot possibly be as bad as Antony and it’s the only way to get our two best wingers into the team.
Needs more support from a proper leftback alongside him. Southgate getting more from him must reflect badly on our tactics.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Has he improved any part of his game over the past few years? Has he addded anything? I wonder what these people do in training all week.

Xaviboy

What's the story with stopping ball and standing still with it and throwing few shapes to then just pass a ball inside. Doing it alot this season, it's annoying.

Can he not just take a leaf out of Garnacho book and just be direct.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Leave Rashford alone, he's our best bet of getting a goal or creating a chance out of nothing...

Most teams would build their teams to cover for his weakness and maximize his strengths.

In fact if he wasn't a United player you lot would be crying about how the club won't blow 150m to get him signed.

Just give it a rest and enjoy the good things he brings to the table.
Becomes a problem when our whole game plan appears to be 'hope Rashford creates something out of nothing'.

Most teams would try build some sustainable way of playing to not rely on a player whose purple patch is long over.

Litch

The criticism is ridiculous of him at mo I think made worse, cause played even when there is a drop in form....

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
1 goal in 11 games. People are defending this. Yeah our forwards have been shocking but he’s easily been the worst this season.

AngliaRed

Hes a taller Walcott/Lennon.

Will have small purple patches where he gets a couple of goals and the pundits have a w@nk fest because hes English but ultimatley he has no end product and general footballing brain is crap.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That pass to Rasmus when their goaly passed it to rashford was very poor. Should have been a yard forward and rasmus would have been one on one.
Yeah, that one was so bloody frustrating. Pass it in front of Hojlund and he's 1v1 and a probably goal, but instead passed it behind him. Then complained when Hojlund didn't pass it back.

Rashford had a random 10 minute period towards the end of the first half where it looked like he was getting his shit together. Even though the final ball wasn't quite working, he was getting into good positions, testing the defence and getting passes/crosses into dangerous areas. But before and after that it was a real struggle.

RedStarUnited

The criticism is ridiculous of him at mo I think made worse, cause played even when there is a drop in form....
So….You think the criticism is ridiculous AND you agree that he is off form. Are you saying players who are not on form are beyond criticism?

Hammondo

So….You think the criticism is ridiculous AND you agree that he is off form. Are you saying players who are not on form are beyond criticism?
I disagree, I think this is just how good he is. How long can off form last? Especially when he was only on form a couple of months last season. Surely when he's being productive is the odd form, not this.

Prodigy24

He's just very frustrating to watch at the moment. Whenever he gets the ball, he just stops and waits for others to run or for the defender to put a tackle in. Just wish he could be more direct and run at defenders because he's quite good at that when he finds his rhythm.

Suv666

He’s just your typical inconsistent footballer with high highs and incredibly deep plunging lows just like Bruno.

We’ll win feck all relying on Rashford and Bruno.

Hammondo

He's just very frustrating to watch at the moment. Whenever he gets the ball, he just stops and waits for others to run or for the defender to put a tackle in. Just wish he could be more direct and run at defenders because he's quite good at that when he finds his rhythm.
He was doing that not long ago and just losing the ball, we are too direct and have crap build-up, we try to force so much because of our lack of quality to do things properly.

It's like we don't see how top teams play and learn from it.

Best game he has played in months. Still the worst player in our attack. I originally thought Mount would cost Ten Hag his job but it looks increasingly like it will be Rashford. He is hopeless and he makes it harder for everybody around him, his lack of effort exposes the left back and his decision making screws it up for the striker.

Litch

Yep I think both things can be true. Because players are off form, it doesnt always have to lead to criticism. I find support is they way back to form...but we know some fans, they are always ready to get into players they dont rate.

Dominos

We're 12 games in and he's registered 1 goal.

Beyond pathetic. At this rate he'll be lucky to get 5 goals this season.

How can someone go from 30 goals in previous season, to this?

RedUnited86

The most dislikeable players in the squad and it's not even close. Actually it is, with Sancho.

jem

i think the day was to much for marcus.

i always remember when he said

'''he's a reminder of how a big an honour it is to play for both Utd and England.‬ ‪Happy Birthday, Sir Bobby''
My god the lengths people will go to...(unless you're being ironic, in which case I apologize!)

Marwood

He only had 4 before the world cup last season.

This isn't a completely new thing.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He's clearly a confidence player. When he's good, he's very good (one of the best forwards in the league between November-February last season) and when he's bad, he looks awful (see the Rangnick era).

We've seen him turn around a similar poor run of form before, so it wouldn't surprise me if he finished the season with 15 goals in all comps after hitting a purple patch.

Based Adnan

He would be moved on at the end of the season if we were a serious club

You can't have someone so hot and cold as your main attacking threat and you can't justify keeping him as a squad player due to his wages and questionable attitude

Marwood

I believe it was 8 in all competitions.
Yeah four in the league I should say by end of October. Only scored in three league games.

But obviously this season he hasn't got Europa League fodder like Nikosia or Sheriff to boost the stats.

Hammondo

He's clearly a confidence player. When he's good, he's very good (one of the best forwards in the league between November-February last season) and when he's bad, he looks awful (see the Rangnick era).

We've seen him turn around a similar poor run of form before, so it wouldn't surprise me if he finished the season with 15 goals in all comps after hitting a purple patch.
I never understand statements like these, hes an arrogant player that tries things that most good players would not, and yet hes low on confidence?

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I never understand statements like these, hes an arrogant player that tries things that most good players would not, and yet hes low on confidence?
I agree. Rashford plays like a footballer with an inflated sense of his own ability. If he could just simplify his game and make better footballing decision he would impact games in a more consistent manner. As it stands, he plays the game akin to an immature kid who has just arrived in the first team. Sadly, we as a club have given him the impunity to play as he wishes.

Kaos

The issue I have with Rashford is his off the ball work rate (or lack thereof), don't justify his streaky nature. I just don't see us being a formidable team that's able to compete with the best in Europe with him as our attacking outlet.

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to cashing in on him (considering PSG seem to love him) while his stocks still relatively high. I honestly prefer Garnacho.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He would be moved on at the end of the season if we were a serious club

You can't have someone so hot and cold as your main attacking threat and you can't justify keeping him as a squad player due to his wages and questionable attitude
Totally agree, we can't have some who consistently produce 6 with occasional 8/9 rating as our key player. If he does hit a purple patch, I will sell him to the highest bidder. If Saudi side coming knocking at our door for 120 million, I will take it instantly. We can get 2 players for 120 million. 1 RW and 1 more striker would be welcome.

Chairman Steve

He’s 26 next week and still plays like an inexperienced 20 year old at times, with his easily frustrated demeanor on the pitch, lack of tracking back and greediness.

I get the feeling given his age, this is all we’re going to get from him. A flaky player who has extremely high highs and plunges to the deepest depths of lows. That’s not someone you should be dependent on or build a team around. He is the experienced head up front pretty much since Martial is counting the days.

Is his mentality warped due to the huge money he’s on and that quasi-influencer status he’s now got off the back of the charity work for meals, means he just can’t be arsed with the whole football thing anymore? Is he unhappy due to Sanchos situation? It seems pretty petty if it’s that, compared to 20 years ago when SAF kicked Beckham out and his best bud since the academy days Gary Neville just got on with it business as usual.

RedUnited86

This guy could squat and curl out a log in the centre circle and he'd still get picked for the next game