g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Leave Rashford alone, he's our best bet of getting a goal or creating a chance out of nothing...

Most teams would build their teams to cover for his weakness and maximize his strengths.

In fact if he wasn't a United player you lot would be crying about how the club won't blow 150m to get him signed.

Just give it a rest and enjoy the good things he brings to the table.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The pass to kane was on for about a millisecond. Rashford was center of goal with a good sight of the goal and the ball under his control on his strongest foot. Kane was on the angle and there was a very small sweet spot to actually get the pass away before the corridor closed.

He could of passed, but then the GK saves because Kane's angle is worse and the GK would have a much better view of the shot. He could of passed and have kane mis-control and the chance go or overhit the pass himself and push Kane too wide.

But no he uses the defenders Infront of him as blocks and smashes it into the net with the GK compleatly unsighted and unable to react scores a superb goal that pretty much takes England into another major tournament.

When he is from a crap angle on his weak foot and there is a pass on to player better positioned and he takes a shot which does happen then yeah criticism is deserved, but when he is driving into the middle of the box onto his stronger foot with a clear sight of goal shoots and actually scores. Than criticism is frankly ridiculous and just stinks of Twitter analysis using still frames and agendas.
Stopped reading after that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You can't win with some people.

Rashford tries squaring it to Bruno vs Galatasaray: "that shows he doesn't trust himself to score one on ones".

Rashford scores a goal: "he should've passed it".
And what a wonderful squared pass that was.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I really think some of the United Fans who post in this thread where a bit annoyed to see him score the goal for England...and their natural reaction would be something like "he should have passed so the goal is further prove of his shit decision making".

Fingers crossed this was the start of another so called "purple patch" of the lad.
Does seem like that. Criticism doesn't mean you don't like someone but it's become a norm on here to see rival-like arguments about our own players. Your either in the "he's good" or "he's bad" camp and can only make comments that fit your position.

Similar with our wins. The Bruno goal against Burnley or McT against Forest. Great goal and great moment to give us wins yet there was a lot of whinging.

People need to have a look within themselves and think about why they watch football and why they watch Manchester United. If you call yourself a fan and you get annoyed with a win then you have problem. Take a little break or something.

mctrials23

Rashford would not be criticised if his square ball vs Galatasaray wasn't so wank.

Its one thing trying to make the decision and another thing executing it.
Its quite ridiculous isn't it. It was a simple ball for a professional footballer. The fact he fecked it up doesn't mean it wasn't the right decision to make. Its akin to claiming someone who missed an open goal from a metre out shouldn't have shot because they missed. The right decision is the right decision. The right decision isn't based on hindsight, its based on moment before you make an action. If you should people the clip leading up to just before the decision was enacted, that is when you can say what the best decision is.

And no, the vast majority of people have no agenda against Rashford. People are happy that he scored. The sort of people that think that all that matters are momentary goals or results are the same people who can't see to work out why the team stutters and stumbles over time. Good seasons happen when players regularly make the right decisions at the right times. Not when they make poor decisions regularly but have moments of brilliance. You don't need so many moments of brilliance when you have taken the 3 simple tap ins because you function properly as a team.

ddg01

Rashford = 1) pass backwards 2) give the ball away 3) miss hit that ends up as an assist 4) offside.

get him out of the club asap.

RedOrange

He's been better the last 2 matches, save for continuing to be really poor with the big chances to either score or assist. I think he's getting more comfortable with Hojlund and the two will start helping each other score goals eventually.

Banana Republic

When he was switched to the right, after a minutes and a few touches, he just checked out.
The next game will see us pass the quarter of a season mark.
Rashford is on course for a total of 4 league goals this season, on a pro-rata basis.

Oranges038

Needs a spell on the bench, plays like a guy that knows he's guaranteed a start because no one will get in ahead if him.

This whole thing about standing on the wing, doing a leg twitch with the ball when there's 6 players in the box does my head in. How the feck can a player in the box make any decent movements with that going on? They don't know where or when the ball is coming in, it also doesn't give him any decent angle to cross the ball.

talking robot

He shouldn’t be starting matches. Dont care how much he is being paid. Both Garnacho and Antony are better at the moment (and Antony is far from great). I’d also have Mount in the team on the wing in front of him.

RedDevil250

So the run last year was another purple patch. Ugh. He's just not that amazing. So average and appears to have gotten worse after signing a new deal.

Swiss_Red89

I think he was improved today. Could have had two assists at minimum and unlucky not to score.

The narrative that he doesn't pass the ball to Hojlund can also be put to bet. He is even looking to much for him currently for my liking.

Glorio

I think he was improved today. Could have had two assists at minimum and unlucky not to score.

The narrative that he doesn't pass the ball to Hojlund can also be put to bet. He is even looking to much for him currently for my liking.
That's been the case since people got on his back for being massively selfish when Højlund came into the team (and rightly so). However, he's completely gone the other way now and looks for the pass when he shouldn't

EI Beatle

i think the day was to much for marcus.

i always remember when he said

'''he's a reminder of how a big an honour it is to play for both Utd and England.‬ ‪Happy Birthday, Sir Bobby''

Stadjer

Offer a new contract. Score 30 and get a 500k a week? That'll probably do it.
I dont think that will improve his game.

Personally i dont think he is selfish now. I think he just isnt a smart player when he has to decide between passing or shooting but when you give him a 30 goal = 500k incentive he might actually become selfish :lol:

Rockets Redglare

i think the day was to much for marcus.

i always remember when he said

'''he's a reminder of how a big an honour it is to play for both Utd and England.‬ ‪Happy Birthday, Sir Bobby''
So what’s his excuse for the rest of the season?

The Hilton

Slowed down every attack by dawdling on the ball, standing up his man and then doing 5 or 6 body feints until SU had filled all the gaps, only to pass the ball backwards.

Should have had an assist with the cross for Hojlund, and went close a couple of times when he didn't have time to think, so maybe we're giving him too much time on the ball!

KD6-3.7

Where's the crowd who keep on saying if he isn't on the pitch we won't score so we can't drop him gone?

Terrible start to the season and deservedly should be dropped but won't and if we didn't give him that contract a proper top club would be looking to sell him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m sick of how soft he is, he must go down 20x a game pretending to be injured, any bump or collision and you can guarantee he just does that stupid slow fall to the floor.

The Oracle

A forward player for us that refuses to challenge for aerial balls.

What have we become at Manchester United?!

Why are we accepting this kind of standard at the club?

JoaquinJoaquin

I feel Rashford does get quite a bit of unwarranted criticism from our fans at times, but there is no doubting that Garnacho should be given an extended run in the team over him now.

It’s no coincidence Rashford looked much better in an England team with a fluid midfield who can move the ball. At United he has Bruno who gives the ball away majority of the time, and the ghost man McTominay

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That pass to Rasmus when their goaly passed it to rashford was very poor. Should have been a yard forward and rasmus would have been one on one.

Bwuk

1 goal in 11 for the man who’s meant to be the main man in our front 3.