View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

chris123

Not excusing his performance but the thing that struck out to me watching this game was how City so effortlessly work the ball into situations where they can isolate Grealish into 1v1 situations against our full back. He's basically constantly double teamed every time we play, and we do nothing to adapt or take advantage of that.

Banana Republic

If he’s supposed to be our poster boy, he’s a poster boy for failure, decay and losers.
What a complete waste of space, nothing player.
You see better in the Conference.

Bole Top

remember how we used to say City is full of mercenaries that care only about their contracts? nah, that's actually United.

Swiss_Red89

He needs to be sold while some club might still be willing to pay for him.
But no one with a football brain making decisions at the club. Him and Bruno should be gone asap
They shouldn't be gone. Please stop with this bullshit. What then? Waste another 200Mio to replace them?
They shouldn't be nailed to start all the time and fight for they place.

STYLOISRED

Well, when every SINGLE one of our players looks terrible, there's more going on than Rashford.
When players like Rashford and Mctominay keep seeing playtime with these kind of performances Especially when Garnacho and Hannibal have proven themselves adequate deputies, it sends a subliminal message to the rest of the starters "don't worry, the manager trusts us and he will continue to play us in hopes that we can produce individual moments of magic". It also sends a message to the kids "the manager favours them over you and nothing you do will change that".

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s the perfect poster boy of the last ten years, goals and assists have papered over what’s largely been lazy, feckless performances littered with cheap giveaways and ego. It’ll give me some catharsis when he does eventually feck off having won nothing major with us, and rightly so because he’s nowhere near good enough to be winning major honours. He may well have been a United fan at some point, but somewhere down the line he stopped caring. £350k a week to back out of every single 50/50? What a joke. Ten Hag won’t be the first manager he’s helped get sacked and he certainly won’t be the last. He needs to go.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Agendas against him are getting out of hand
Agendas? How on earth is an agenda when he is worst player on the pitch in pretty much every game, and has scored one goal this season?

You do realise what agenda means?

Dorris

Not excusing his performance but the thing that struck out to me watching this game was how City so effortlessly work the ball into situations where they can isolate Grealish into 1v1 situations against our full back. He's basically constantly double teamed every time we play, and we do nothing to adapt or take advantage of that.
City effortlessly got the ball out to the wide man 1v1 because this lazy arsehole makes our press redundant.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Agendas? How on earth is an agenda when he is worst player on the pitch in pretty much every game, and has scored one goal this season?

I think he's trolling the ones that actually said that a while ago.

The_Midfielder

Give him a rest.. he has been abused too much by his own fans .. who have never stepped in a football field

El Jefe

How about those that were laughing at the 85% last season.

Looks like they actually knew what they were on about.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he's trolling the ones that actually said that a while ago.
My bad, but there's few people defending him always and it's ridiculous that there's even one, because he doesn't deserve any protection when he doesn't basic stuff like running.

Slevs

Give him a rest.. he has been abused too much by his own fans .. who have never stepped in a football field
Not this again. If only footballers can complain about other footballers, let's just close this forum.

IrishMcD

They shouldn't be gone. Please stop with this bullshit. What then? Waste another 200Mio to replace them?
They shouldn't be nailed to start all the time and fight for they place.
It’s not your opinion, doesn’t mean it’s bullshit. It’s a personal opinion mate. That’s all. I think he’s lazy, wasteful, disgusting attitude and massively over paid. Same goes with Bruno. Both could bring in decent amounts from the likes of PSG. It would certainly not take €200m to replace what they have been offering. Again, my own personal opinion.
Look at City signing Alvarez and Brighton signing Mitoma as proof of players of top quality being out their for peanuts if you get your scouting correctly.

Wilt

Not a chance in hell would Guardiola have Rashford in his team .…nowhere near good enough

Slevs

How about those that were laughing at the 85% last season.

Looks like they actually knew what they were on about.
Indeed. I accepted that he was having a great season but I knew I was right at the time. He's a good option to have on the bench (like Doku for City) but no way is he good enough to be the poster boy of this club, certainly not at those wages.

Chairman Steve

So what! That's what the club value him at. It has nothing to do with me or you.

So, back to my question. Can you display the stats of our other attacking players?
Of course they’re also bad but I’m expecting the highest earner to produce a lot more than the ones who are on less and are younger.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

you mean the agendas for poor footballers?
What agendas? Genuinely perplexed. You think fans calling out a player who has been borderline terrible in every game this season is having an agenda?

Him and Bruno have been atrocious in every game they played yet keep starting. ETH is going to pay for it with his job. Maybe he already accepted his fate and is waiting for that severance pay.
You guys might be new to this thread. Whenever people criticize your boy Rashy here, his supporters would come out in numbers with their new buzzword of us having an 'agenda' against him.

I am just hopping upon this bandwagon because apparently its cool.

Superunknown

Not a chance in hell would Guardiola have Rashford in his team .…nowhere near good enough
He wouldn't have made the City bench today.

Whereas we will 100% start him for the next game. There are no consequences for his continued poor performances.

Walters_19_MuFc

Of course they’re also bad but I’m expecting the highest earner to produce a lot more than the ones who are on less and are younger.
Rashford carried us last season. He's heavily out of form this season. We've spent nearly 200M on Antony and Hojlund and neither of them have registered a goal in the EPL. Regardless of whether Rashford is our highest earner (he's obviously earned it) other players need to step up. It's as simple as that!

Hoof the ball

Heads up, Redcafe; Rashford is 26 in a couple of days. Yes, he's Lingard and Lallana young.

Time to stop talking about developing his game, and ironing out inconsistencies. This isn't some late-bloom thing that's suddenly going to click. It's just not. He might return to some kind of scoring consistency but the vast majority of the rest of his game isn't just going to become less mediocre. This is it for him as a football player. As a scorer, we know he has more, but as a player in general, what we've seen is all that there is.

The question this manager, or the next manager has to have the cojones to ask themselves is, "am I willing to commit to five more years of this level of general performance, regardless of scoring fluctuations?", because if so, then you're restricting that position from truly being filled by a better overall player who makes the whole team function better.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
A moment that optimised him was a few games ago when the players were coming out of the tunnell at the start of the game. Casemiro stopped to take his jacket off and put it on the little girl that was going out on to the pitch with him cause she looked cold.

Rashford stood for ages waiting for him rather than just going in front of Casemiro. Our Rashy has to have that special last in the line slot reserved for the best players which he clearly is in his head

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He starts next game.
Rinse and repeat.

feck him and his earrings.
Doesn't deserve the money he's earning or the shirt for every match.

saik

You guys might be new to this thread. Whenever people criticize your boy Rashy here, his supporters would come out in numbers with their new buzzword of us having an 'agenda' against him.

I am just hopping upon this bandwagon because apparently its cool.
Right. It's looking more and more like the season performances was for that new contract. Now that he's got it he's back to lazy, useless, disinterested Rashford we had during the Ole/Ragnick season. I'll never forgive him for his performances under Rangnick during that time. He literally gave up and was ambling about in every game under him.

RuudTom83

The way the club is run and the way the media have a huge say, almost dictates what the manager can and can’t do.

An active owner should be helping a manager make the tough decisions.

But we all know if EtH drops Rashford and Bruno (on top of Sancho) then it’s over for him.

OrcaFat

He’s playing a bit like he did when he was “forced” to play with injuries under Ole. He doesn’t look himself at all.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Killed me when he got the ball over the top and put it just past the post. Probably had more time than he thought, cos Walker took himself out of the game
expecting the earlier shot. If he had just given himself the time to toe poke it...

Won't say too much else about his performance cos I felt he made the right runs today. Just wasn't found by dilly dallying on the ball by others, especially in the first half.

edgecutter

Last year was a purple patch as far as I am concerned. He;s back to what he normally produces and that simply isn't good enough. We need to start getting better at knowing when a player just isn't going to offer us anything more and begin selling them

klayton88

He’s playing a bit like he did when he was “forced” to play with injuries under Ole. He doesn’t look himself at all.
Look himself? Is 'himself' the occasional purple patch? You're looking at the actual Marcus Rashford. A truly average footballer who now doesn't even have the determination or desire that made up for some of his shortcomings. Five more years of this shite shall be served up each week with maybe the odd good spell. He still has aspects to his game that are usually coached out at youth level.

OrcaFat

Look himself? Is 'himself' the occasional purple patch? You're looking at the actual Marcus Rashford. A truly average footballer who now doesn't even have the determination or desire that made up for some of his shortcomings. Five more years of this shite shall be served up each week with maybe the odd good spell. He still has aspects to his game that are usually coached out at youth level.
Ha, I knew that was coming.