g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

clarkydaz

We’ve had our share of shit players over the years, strikers terribly out of form, players that can’t make the step up, players plagued by injuries, etc…but the majority still gave it their all for 90 minutes no matter what.

This guy though.

My Rashy.
just looking back at highlights, and Foden has the box to himself for his header in the first half. Foden darts into the box sniffing a chance with Rashford just watching him

lost7

He shouldn't start for 2/3 games, he's been shyte for too long. Now he's even missing sitters so he's literally adding nothing

r0663664

Worships Man City
Soon Garnacho will speak up about Erik's favoritism and start training with with U-18s. Rashford has disappeared game after game, it doesn't matter if he doesn't score but played well. Grealish is probably a better footballer. Rashford plays if we sit back and counterattack. Rashfords sit if they wants to play possession football. Erik needs to make up his mind on how he plays to play Rashford.

wr8_utd

:'(
I have no issue selling for a good offer. He's a good player on his day and I don't think this bad form will last forever but at the same time he's not really indispensable or unreplaceable. We can definitely do better than him.
I think we've lost our golden opportunity to sell him now, unfortunately. PSG hopefully are still daft enough to look at him once Mbappe leaves but I don't think it's going to happen.

Irwin99

If only!

They were always second best against the top teams but they regularly played great football and scored a ton of goals against relegation fodder.
Well, yeah, there is that and they did get top 4 for the most part but they really crumbled when the pressure was on and always flattered to deceive. They always seemed ridiculously fragile for a top side (see Evra's legendary men against boys comment) but they did play better football than this team of ours that's for sure.

ti vu

Well, yeah, there is that and they did get top 4 for the most part but they really crumbled when the pressure was on and always flattered to deceive. They always seemed ridiculously fragile for a top side (see Evra's legendary men against boys comment) but they did play better football than this team of ours that's for sure.
The talented young players they recruited is on different planet in compare to this lot. They lack leadership since their transfer policy means selling ripe players who grew delusional with forever rebuild.

Sadly we're more of Liverpool. Some good players crowded out by overhyped players and scattergun approach to transfer. Rashford maybe our version of Stevie Me. Clearly has that X factor but his overall streaky and skewed style is too unreliable to build the team around him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s going to cost ETH his job and ETH is oblivious to it

jem

Absolute fraud this season. Weghorst last season was more effective than this. The depths Rashford has dropped to this season and the season before last have been every bit as low as those Maguire has plummeted to during his varying losses of form.

jem

The talented young players they recruited is on different planet in compare to this lot. They lack leadership since their transfer policy means selling ripe players who grew delusional with forever rebuild.

Sadly we're more of Liverpool. Some good players crowded out by overhyped players and scattergun approach to transfer. Rashford maybe our version of Stevie Me. Clearly has that X factor but his overall streaky and skewed style is too unreliable to build the team around him.
we wish…

AFC NimbleThumb

Absolute fraud this season. Weghorst last season was more effective than this. The depths Rashford has dropped to this season and the season before last have been every bit as low as those Maguire has plummeted to during his varying losses of form.
Don’t drink & type.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’ll bite. How’s Rashford at fault for the poor performance of virtually every single player in the squad this season?

lsd

The Oracle

We have been saying that about Antony and could pretty much do the same for a few other current players.

He looked a different player for England recently and i do wonder if he isn't playing well because of his disdain for Erik right now particularly after what's happening with Sancho.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I’ll bite. How’s Rashford at fault for the poor performance of virtually every single player in the squad this season?
He's at fault for his own application to his fecking job.
He's one of the highest paid players and all he does is the square root of fick all.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We have been saying that about Antony and could pretty much do the same for a few other current players.

He looked a different player for England recently and i do wonder if he isn't playing well because of his disdain for Erik right now particularly after what's happening with Sancho.
more the reason to boot him the feck out.

Putting personal petty interest ahead of team's performance and pride.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It isn’t just the end product but the fact that he’s the sort of player whose got such glaring weaknesses that he desperately that paper over them. His all round game is utter gash - he consistently makes bad decisions, plays as if his team mates don’t exist, doesn’t win any 50-50s, doesn’t press or track back, keeps on trying to dribble past defences despite not being a good dribbler.

People talk about a cultural reset but it can’t happen until you have hugely paid stars who are mediocre footballers.

Pyro19

He's a coward and it shows. No matter how many goals he scores he will always have that coward mentality about him (not pressing, pulling out of challenges, Not jumping for headers, waiting at the edge of the box instead of making runs to either post)

I hope he fecks off to PSG once Mbappe leaves and we can bring in 2 players for the same position who will cost half his value but work twice as hard

ti vu

England comapre very favorable to most national sides right now except France. England has players that can carry their teams. Kalvin Phillips sucks toom but it doesn't matter when Bellingham Declan Rice would be quite good enough to carry him. Right now Kane along Haaland are the only two world class CF. Of course, playing with Kane would benefit Rashford than with an inexperienced new to the league & team Hojlund.

Here he is one of a few main men, but his decision making isn't worthy of that status to get the team built around him.

Trex

Our players only put the effort when their contracts are up, getting really tiring following united.

LordSpud

Let's not forget his team openly flirted with PSG when it came down to contract talks. Bent us over a barrel while he was in his little purple patch.

Him and Sancho taking home just about 700k a week between them and nothing to show for it

Doracle

Did ok yesterday I thought with limited supply. The number of times he made great runs only to not be passed to must have been well into double figures. Pass to McT which could have got us level was sensational. Shame that the one time he did receive the correct pass he didn’t manage to finish the chance off.

However, he clearly needs to improve his body language. He obviously thinks most of his teammates are not good enough and (whilst that may well be true) he needs to be a leader and work with the teammates that he has.

BarstoolProphet

He has been made the face of the club and got the contract to back that up, yet he is consistently among our worst performers with a dreadful attitude on the pitch to boot. McTominay, another one who has been singled out, is atleast expected to be a fringe player at best.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He has been made the face of the club and got the contract to back that up, yet he is consistently among our worst performers with a dreadful attitude on the pitch to boot. McTominay, another one who has been singled out, is atleast expected to be a fringe player at best.
So why doesn't the manager drop him?

Robbie Boy

Remember people on here were ridiculed last season because they voted to get rid of him? Oh, those were the days.

Apokalips

Did ok yesterday I thought with limited supply. The number of times he made great runs only to not be passed to must have been well into double figures. Pass to McT which could have got us level was sensational. Shame that the one time he did receive the correct pass he didn’t manage to finish the chance off.

However, he clearly needs to improve his body language. He obviously thinks most of his teammates are not good enough and (whilst that may well be true) he needs to be a leader and work with the teammates that he has.
I feel like there was a reason team mates did not pass to him in those instances, similarly to when players stopped playing Weghorst through. It may be the lack of confidence in him finishing the chance or may be that players are tired of him not giving them those same passes when the shoe is on the other foot...or it could just be nothing and they chose the other option each time independently of anything grander.

Either way, he's been so poor for so long and is dining out on his purple patches and academy lad status.

jem

Well if Rashford's disdain prevents him from playing well and putting in a shift, then that is yet another reason to get rid of this fraud.

RuudTom83

United are full of square pegs in round holes...Rashford can't play the LW role or the CF role, so you end up with a CF trying to play LW.

But he doesn't track back or create. Which doesn't help the LB or the CF.

But the alternatives are full of flaws as well haha. Such a mess.

Norris Cole

Potentially the worst body language I've seen at OT yesterday. No effort to win back lost balls, no passion, no urgency.

Even in the warm up he was the only one not going all the way around the cones - seems small but really set the tone for his performance.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

27 touches in 88 minutes and lost the ball 11 times.

£350k a week.
And he still could have been the hero... On another day, he could have had either an assist or a goal. On a perfect day, he could have registered an assist and a goal to his name. Classy ones, too. He actually did the best he could in a dysfunctional side against the best team in the world.

Which, kind of, showcases the conundrum with him. Because when he receives the ball in the wide areas and everything goes through him (it results in many touches), he remains a player who's looking for his moments in the game. I've argued this before. He's a forward that doesn't want to play centrally. And since he's not at making things happen on the half-turn, he also wants to occupy a midfielder's role without doing any of the midfielder's work. He's at his absolute best when he's running with the ball at top speed but, when he doesn’t get that, he's forcing things in search for that golden opportunity.

I suppose his partnership with Hojlund is a work in progress and that it will improve in the near future. But i also feel that, with a "proper" forward in the team, some of his struggles derive from the fact that he's asked to do a lot of "midfield" stuff. It didn't work when Mourinho brought Lukaku in. His numbers were poor and there was a lot of noise about how to get the best out of him. The manager got the sack and he got a bumper contract. Then, Solskajer brings in Ronaldo which, again, shoved him into the role of the provider from the left side. His numbers dropped, the manager got the sack, and he got a bumper contract. He enjoyed his best season under ETH by being the focal point of our attack from his wide left position. But we still missed something. Another dimension to our game in the attacking third and the ability to be threatening in what constitutes 80% of the 90 minutes: At normal speed and against set defences. We go and buy a forward who will basically occupy lots of the spaces in the box he wants to run into. The player who would come from the midfield to the wide areas and allow Rashford to tuck inside (Mount) is also still struggling. It's a mess. He has some excuses but, at some point, there has to be a debate about whether he's worth all the needed adjustments to get the best out of him and make him our main man.

SER19

The time to cash in was after a good season. He has shown over and over and over that he simply can't maintain a high level.

The Purley King

There was one point in the first half where he didn't get played through, threw his hands up in the air and strolled slowly out of the penalty area whilst the rest of the team continued to attack. Just completely gave up.
I've completely lost patience with him, he offers nothing right now, the very definition of an empty shirt. Can go join his mate Sancho for a while and perhaps he'll try a little harder in the future. If not, he can go to the highest bidder.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I know some people would love to have his job :lol:

- sulk around all game
- back out of most 50/50s
- jog around while others press their bollocks off
- don't track back and have your man get into dangerous areas
- stare down the opposition defender for 5 seconds with 1 leg up, preferably waiting until all the other defenders are back into position, then pass it back to midfield
- run into a crowd of 3/4 defenders and lose the ball
- sulk around some more, preferably with both hands up to show frustration
- pick the wrong choice in the final area of the pitch 9 times out of 10, because all is forgiven that 1 time the right decision results in a goal/assist

350k a week, easy