4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Let me get this straight, he went to a pre-planned birthday party arranged by friends on his free time, and turned up for training the next day on time. Am I alone in failing to see the problem? ETH looks like a dinosaur disciplinarian to me calling that unacceptable.
It's unacceptable for someone to be having fun when we can't. ..or something

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let me get this straight, he went to a pre-planned birthday party arranged by friends on his free time, and turned up for training the next day on time. Am I alone in failing to see the problem? ETH looks like a dinosaur disciplinarian to me calling that unacceptable.
Probably just the wrong timing. After a loss to our rivals. Even if it was pre planned… theirs always gonna be negativity coming out of this. If we’d of won though it would of been ok because he’d of been out celebrating the win..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Feels like a nothing story to be honest. Ten hag hasn't disciplined him really. I disagree with ten hag saying its unacceptable but it looks like the matter is resolved behind closed doors anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to not want players to go out late the night before an early training session. They presumably don’t have early sessions every day, so can arrange nights out before late sessions, or rest days.

Plus the party wasn’t the day of his birthday, which was two days later. So it does seem incredibly dim to arrange a big night out a) the evening of a high profile match we were very likely to lose and b) the night before an early training session. It’s not a lot to ask for our star players to make more of an effort to think about how these things will be perceived, is it?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That he calls it "unacceptable" presumably has something to do with an internal rule, no? He's not commenting specifically on the optics of going to a party right after losing the derby in pathetic fashion.

Whatever the case may be be, Rashford apparently apologized, so we have to assume that he acknowledges that he fecked up in one way or another.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Just quote tweeted The United Stand saying "Please stop spreading malicious rumours" after their click bait title "What next?" on Rashford's future

Woziak

Marcus is out of form, just an opinion he’s seems to suffer when his home life isn’t right, I don’t get the impression is a party boy and the two times he split up from his long term GF, his football suffers in the aftermath, the last thing Marcus needs right now is an entourage who are looking to influence him outside of football.

For me there were worrying pictures from Miami this summer with him hanging out with different girls. Unlike Sir Alex, ETH does not seem to possess the man management skills necessary to be able to sit down with him and tell him, he’s coming up to his peak years and he has a choice to make.

He can either be remembered as hero by the fans and the club by concentrating on his football for club and country or in 10-15 years he can thought of in the same way as Jessy Lingard, Ravel Morison, Paul Pogba, Mason Greenwood, all players who promised so much and wasted their God Given talent by Immaturity and extremely poor life decisions outside of football. (Especially Mason).

Right now if you asked any of the remaining 19 PL teams full backs, who would they rather face ?; Garnaucho, Antony, Pellistri or Marcus Rashford in a game at the weekend, 90% would say any of the three except Marcus.

We as a fanbase need to support this player, he’s united through and through but Marcus must also now realise that as a united player, he needs his head back in the game and start working harder in and out of possession for the team. If he can’t do that and get back to double figures for goals and assists in the PL then we need to sell to PSG in the summer for £100-120m.

That’s how big clubs operate.

lex talionis

There’s a bit too much PR Machine about Rashford which I don’t think you see in top players for other PL clubs. All we know about him is what we see and read but he does like a man who wears the burden of responsibility to heavily. Whether that’s his failing or the failing of the club I can’t be sure, but he does mentally and physically spent on the pitch whether in the first or 90th minute.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I agree with Goldbridge here to be honest. Rashford needs to do his talking on the pitch. You don’t see other players responding to criticism like him. Bruno for example.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Just quote tweeted The United Stand saying "Please stop spreading malicious rumours" after their click bait title "What next?" on Rashford's future
This to me screams of mental fragility from Rashford.

If I had his profile as a United and England player on mega bucks every week, I wouldn't give a toss what "Jeremy" from (choose your United podcast of choice) has said about me.

I would "stay in my lane" and focus on the footballing side of things. To be so thin skinned as to react to this type of rumours suggests that Rashford simply doesn't have the mental fortitude to be in the spotlight.

cyberman

I agree with Goldbridge here to be honest. Rashford needs to do his talking on the pitch. You don’t see other players responding to criticism like him. Bruno for example.
He’s just asking someone to stop spreading lies. He isn’t taking time out of his training to do this, hes calling out chancers like Goldbridge who is somehow asking he should be allowed to post such nonsense at the expense of the player

Berbaclass

He’s just asking someone to stop spreading lies. He isn’t taking time out of his training to do this, hes calling out chancers like Goldbridge who is somehow asking he should be allowed to post such nonsense at the expense of the player
So my point was he’s too focused on social media and all that shit.

cyberman

So my point was he’s too focused on social media and all that shit.
Where’s the evidence for this? If he was replaying to every message then fair enough but he’s not. He’s calling out a proven liar

TheGame

Some people once again slagging off players when cnuts online are spreading baseless rumours. Glad to see people have got their priorities straight. Players have every right to call stuff out if they want to.

Berbaclass

Where’s the evidence for this? If he was replaying to every message then fair enough but he’s not. He’s calling out a proven liar
The evidence for what? His dire performances? I think you have more than enough to go on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The thing which annoys me the most about him is not a bad form or bad decision or whatever.....it is the fact that he doesn't have fighting spirit at all. He doesn't jump for headers, he avoids 50:50 tackles and when he loses a ball he just gives up. Even Martial, whos career is basically finished in United, tries to win a header and goes in duels. Rashford doesn't even try. He plays like a veteran; "Give me the ball in my feet and i will try something. That is it from me."

He is becoming lazier and lazier every season. It is like watching C.Ronaldo but on the wing.

Skills

Snitch
ETH just seems like a massive gobshite. This Rashford thing and the Sancho thing should've both been managed internally - like they are at almost every other club. But I'm guessing they're useful distractions away from his own incompetence.

I also don't get what you achieve by airing out your dirty laundry in public - especially with players you want to get rid of?

"Hey the clubs of Europe - do you fancy buying our poor performing players, who are also ill disciplined and perform poorly in training? That too for a premium price?"

No wonder we struggle to move most of these guys on

Last edited:

Ronaldo's Love Child

As a "celebrity" you cannot control the media narrative and you could drive yourself crazy trying to do so. That's why the Royal Family adopt the mantra "Don't complain, don't explain".

He' may not be taking time out of his training but what this shows is he is listening to what people are saying about him. When people are praising him then that's ok?

Ronaldo's Love Child

ETH just seems like a massive gobshite. This Rashford thing and the Sancho thing should've both been managed internally - like they are at almost every other club. But I'm guessing they're useful distractions away from his own incompetence.
ETH would have been asked why Sancho isn't playing-what's he supposed to say if not the truth? Sancho has form for bad behaviour at Dortmund too. Perhaps it's time someone calls him out rather than try to protect him..

flameinthesun

It's a fan channel.....

I agree with those that say that it says more about Rashford than the United Stand..

mu4c_20le

What brand is Goldbridge talking about? he hasn't been working on his brand for years

SmallCaine

I also don't get what you achieve by airing out your dirty laundry in public - especially with players you want to get rid of?

"Hey the clubs of Europe - do you fancy buying our poor performing players, who are also ill disciplined and perform poorly in training? That too for a premium price?"

No wonder we struggle to move most of these guys on
Yes its definitely ten hag's fault, because we never struggled to get rid of the freeloaders under the likes of ole who everybody's pal.

Skills

Snitch
ETH would have been asked why Sancho isn't playing-what's he supposed to say if not the truth? Sancho has form for bad behaviour at Dortmund too. Perhaps it's time someone calls him out rather than try to protect him..
I didn't know he was under oath whenever he's questioned by a journalist.

It's media training 101 - you need to know what you choose to answer, and what you don't. If he can't figure that out, maybe the jobs too big for him.

TheGame

As a "celebrity" you cannot control the media narrative and you could drive yourself crazy trying to do so. That's why the Royal Family adopt the mantra "Don't complain, don't explain".

He' may not be taking time out of his training but what this shows is he is listening to what people are saying about him. When people are praising him then that's ok?
WTF :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's widely known the Royal Family feed stories to the media including access. It's not a comparable situation.

I'm not sure why you are having a meltdown over a footballer responding to someone on their personal twitter account.