View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Erics_Collar

I think one of the biggest problems at this club is that there is a blind faith that Rashford and Fernandes are undroppable talismen, and the team needs to be built around them.

The truth is, they'd have both been forced out at Man City, Real Madrid, or any other club who are smart and ruthless enough to smell a turd.

Swiss_Red89

Our only real threat today. Great goal and worked hard defensively.
Pulling out of the challenge before the 3:1 will be enough for his critics to blame hime for the loss though.

criticalanalysis

Our best attacking player...but why did you pull out of that challenge :(

It wasn't even a 50/50 or something disadvantageous. He just had to commit to getting a touch on it.

Pulling out of the challenge before the 3:1 will be enough for his critics to blame hime for the loss though.
Pulling out of challenges (repeatedly) is literally the reason he has critics.

It's not something that any other big team would tolerate but every week with Rashford it's 'well, obviously he didn't challenge for the headers he didn't fancy and of course he pulled out of a few 50/50s he didn't fancy, but other than that...'

klayton88

New contract and back to trying to dribble 3 players and constantly shitting out of tackles. Coward of a player.

Dorris

World class in moments but most of the time he’s a liability, we won’t go anywhere if his work rate continues to be tolerated and he’s our ‘star’ player.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Good fist half. Helped Dalot and scored a worldie.

Second half his decision making was absolute crap (aside from one single play) plus failed to impose his physycallity over and over again.

zaafi

The difference between him and Martinelli is massive. Rashford can have world class moments, but the rest of the game he's just a passenger and doesn't even track back.

marktan

I think one of the biggest problems at this club is that there is a blind faith that Rashford and Fernandes are undroppable talismen, and the team needs to be built around them.

The truth is, they'd have both been forced out at Man City, Real Madrid, or any other club who are smart and ruthless enough to smell a turd.
They are both way better than anything else we have though, is the problem.

zaafi

He and Antony tracked back well today. It may have been an issue in previous games but not today.
Yeah, but it's pointless when he doesn't press their players. He's just an extra body in defense without actually doing any defensive work.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some brilliant individual moments but he’s the epitome of being a solo player. He just isn’t interested in combining as part of a collective just like he usually isn’t bothered to defend (much better today to be fair).

Idxomer

He was switched on till the last 20 minutes which is exactly the reason he'll never be an elite player.

fallengt

His decision making kills so many counters. "My teammate making sprint, what should I do? Right, I'll smash it to 3 oppo players. That'll do"
Moment player, nothing more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Big game player as always. Excited to see him and hojlund learn each other's game as they were completely off wavelengths on that one run.

Womp

idiot
Yeah, but it's pointless when he doesn't press their players. He's just an extra body in defense without actually doing any defensive work.
It is frustrating to see but our pressing is extremely disjointed. Randomly running at the defence by yourself is both a waste of energy and if anything detrimental to the team as it leaves gaps in behind. Our press consists of players taking turns to close the defence down. Looked extra bad today with both Marcus and Martial on the pitch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He and Fernandes are very similar players in that their end product numbers mask over the general performance levels.

Over the course of a season, Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford will score and assist and “create chances” at a level similar to Martin Odegaard and Gabriel Martinelli — but how many times do you see the former two have all round performances similar to the latter did tonight? Very rarely.

ArmaDino

I just came to say something along these lines as well. So many of our attacks turn into dangerous counters because of these 2.

Today Rashford went back to his old self. Goal aside, he literaly ruined 2 attacks with his selfishness. And I don't like the fact that he is strolling around the pitch in a game of this magnetitude. The amount of times Arsenal players got in behind him in our final 3rd and he didn't bother to pick them up is too damn high.

Very limited and 1 dimensional player. I know you've said Real Madrid or City, but this is the exact reason Fergie showed the door to RvN. Not impressed with him at all lately.

Sylar

Good goal but pulling out the challenge is inexcusable. Greedy at times too with his insistent on wanting to cut and shoot

edgecutter

Looks awful at times and then has moments of quality. However, when he is anonymous in games it causes major issues in our build up.

Polar

Rash was descent or pretty good today. At least he scared the shit of White a couple of times:lol:

More worried about Martial, Anthony and Bruno.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Fannied out of a challenge for their third. Didn’t look on it at all apart from the goal.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He and Fernandes are very similar players in that their end product numbers mask over the general performance levels.

Over the course of a season, Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford will score and assist and “create chances” at a level similar to Martin Odegaard and Gabriel Martinelli — but how many times do you see the former two have all round performances similar to the latter did tonight? Very rarely.
This, unfortunately.

stw2022

Spot on with both. No issues with Rashford's contribution today but if he was shite everyone would have been pointing to the goal as evidence of how good he was.

In my view if your opinion on how someone played is solely based on what you could have read on Teletext after the game, then I'm not valuing your opinion.