View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Piskin

He is not consistant enough for this level. Needs to be sold end of the season.

ddg01

How the hell he got that contract I will never know. Awful player, give or take 2 or 3 months

el3mel

Oh don't get me wrong, he's atrocious.

It's just that Martial is the last one I'd want to take his place. Probably the only worse one with less life in him at the moment.
The options you said aren't any better than him either. I will take trying Martial ahead of the current Rashford.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I didn't think he was particularly good today. You can't just ignore the context of being a top-earner at the club, it's nowhere near good enough. Being realistic, the purple patches where he looks unplayable/world-class are vanishingly small compared to the overall chunk of his time in the first team. I have to remind myself it is not his fault as the club have decided this situation is for the best. i just can't imagine how long SAF would have put up with his top earner being this ineffective during his era, like what... five minutes? Hope Ratcliffe can put an end to our ridiculously bad contract business.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I didn't think he was particularly good today. You can't just ignore the context of being a top-earner at the club, it's nowhere near good enough. Being realistic, the purple patches where he looks unplayable/world-class are vanishingly small compared to the overall chunk of his time in the first team. I have to remind myself it is not his fault as the club have decided this situation is for the best. i just can't imagine how long SAF would have put up with his top earner being this ineffective during his era, like what... five minutes? Hope Ratcliffe can put an end to our ridiculously bad contract business.
SAF played Valencia all season when we last won the league, when the general consensus on the caf was that he was awful.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Also, I don't think people would be as concerned if we were anywhere even close to winning the league. When you are paying the kind of wages we are and have one of the lowest numbers of goals scored in the top 10 with most of the other teams achieving nearly double that - then it's pretty obvious you have a problem.

DickDastardly

The options you said aren't any better than him either. I will take trying Martial ahead of the current Rashford.
A trying Martial?

When's the last time we saw him try anything on the pitch? 2019?

People need to let go of Anthony. It's been 4 years, we need to move on man. He's not coming good again.

tomaldinho1

SAF played Valencia all season when we last won the league, when the general consensus on the caf was that he was awful.
Valencia was a decent winger - definitely not terrible. Physical monster and though he was quite predictable, he was a great squad member without really being a star.
His stats for us are a bit deceiving as well - when you think of how long he spent at RB - ending his time with us at 339 apps, 25 goals, 62 assists is pretty bloody good.

Baxquux

Sell sell sell. Hope PSG lose Mbappe and they come in for him. He's paid akin to a Salah/De Bruyne/Haaland and doesn't give a tenth of what they do consistently.
PSG are run better these days. Can't see anyone in Europe who could afford his wages shelling out for him (not even Chelsea -unless they decide to sell a couple of their wide forwards like Mudryck) ...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Also, I don't think people would be as concerned if we were anywhere even close to winning the league. When you are paying the kind of wages we are and have one of the lowest numbers of goals scored in the top 10 with most of the other teams achieving nearly double that - then it's pretty obvious you have a problem.
Thanks for pointing that out. Otherwise this place would be full of people blissfully unaware that we have any problems.

surf

Interesting similarity to Ole:
Marcus 124 goals in 374 games
Ole 126 goals in 366 games
I suspect Rashford has played more minutes as Ole was often a sub.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Rashford has played about 22% more minutes than Ole did or the equivelant of 51 extra games.

Red_toad

Rashford has played about 22% more minutes than Ole did or the equivelant of 51 extra games.
Ole played in far far far far better team that was actually successful, created numerous chances etc. Marcus plays in a boring as feck team that’ll create maybe 4 decent chances in a game.

mewnew11

Ole played in far far far far better team that was actually successful, created numerous chances etc. Marcus plays in a boring as feck team that’ll create maybe 4 decent chances in a game.
He will still miss all the 4 chances created . Watch the game yesterday ?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Marcus is responsible for the lack of creation though. It's not like he is completely blame free

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Marcus is responsible for the lack of creation though. It's not like he is completely blame free
Ye since he’s playing out wide. He also should be creating chances for himself like he was last season.

fallengt

Rashford is just not a very smart footballer. The mistakes he made 10 years ago, he still makes them today.
Bit unfortunate, United is not a very good environment to develop world class players with constant change of manager, whom have different styles.
Mourinho didn't train player and I doubt Ole did it either. By the times Rangnick, ETH arrived, Rashford's already matured his skillsets and people don't learn at this age.

LInkash

I know we should be expecting a lot more but he's playing some killer passes at least. I would still have him in the team and it's worth playing him back into form over any other option we have right now .

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He looks like a guy who is being forced to play football. I think it's better if he stays on the right for now (probably should be dropped just to give him some rest, but that's never going to happen).

Born2Lose

Ole would cane him on goals per minutes played.

But it's a good point that in a successful United side, both would be bench players at best.

Swiss_Red89

Ups and downs (as usual with him) yesterday.
Had a couple of good deliveries, Hojlund should have scored one and the second let to the winning goal.

He must do better for his chance, that's just blasting it straight to the keeper. Why does he nearly never goes for the curler? It's not as he has it not in him.

Workrate was okay yesterday. But he always has provocative sequences where he doesn't challenge for headers or simple let his opponent run away and that is understandably frustrating people. Especially when you are at a non scoring run as he is.

Borninthe80ts

It’s does make a difference the quality and consistency of the two teams they played for and the positions
I know Ole played wide too but often he was up front with another forward.
The game is more difficult to score in now for me though. That’s why out and out strikers of real quality so sort after.
Marcus is inconsistent but been the main goal threat for the team for 3 years. We can see the added pressure has affected him, hopefully when we find form and consistency with other players contributing this will help.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
One of his jobs is to create the chances, he's more a winger than a striker or he's supposed to be

eire-red

We really need him to pull one of those purple patches out of the fire soon, but it's not going to happen playing him on the right.

Garnacho probably a bit more suited to the right given that he's a bit more of a traditional winger and gets to the byline more often?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Utterly diabolical for England against fecking Malta.
He seems to only have two extremes - very good or League 2 level.

OrcaFat

Something must be wrong with him. I can’t be convinced that his periods of good form are some otherworldly, transient gift of performances that belie his true shit self. He is an excellent player who spends a lot of time playing shit. The year before last, we knew why - he was carrying and / or recovering from injuries. What’s the problem now?

Who knows? But this is not the “real” Rashford. He’s much better than this. His great performances were never a fluke, he has all the attributes and has proved it many times. Something is wrong.

clarkydaz

Didnt watch the game, but hopefully puts to bed the recent media notion he 'plays good for England' after scoring a good goal against Italy

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Something must be wrong with him. I can’t be convinced that his periods of good form are some otherworldly, transient gift of performances that belie his true shit self. He is an excellent player who spends a lot of time playing shit. The year before last, we knew why - he was carrying and / or recovering from injuries. What’s the problem now?

Who knows? But this is not the “real” Rashford. He’s much better than this. His great performances were never a fluke, he has all the attributes and has proved it many times. Something is wrong.
If there is anything wrong, it's with the fans. You simply have to see that this is what he has done consistently. 3 months of good form doesn't change that.

OldSchoolManc

The moon is in Aquarius. Or his mum stopped making him packed lunch. Tired of excuses, everything has to be in alignment for him to put a shift in. Sell him and let someone else worry about it.

the_cliff

The moon is in Aquarius. Or his mum stopped making him packed lunch. Tired of excuses, everything has to be in alignment for him to put a shift in. Sell him and let someone else worry about it.
We've seem to have had a lot of these type of players over the years. Well post Fergie anyway.

Apokalips

Something MAY be wrong with him but that should not be Manchester United's problem. We should have the requisite quality to drop him not be forced to play him and hope he does well.

But maybe it just highlights that the old excuses were just that...excuses. Now he has no new clear excuse people are struggling to reconcile his poor performances which have been the vast majority of the past 3 years. We all love Rashford but need to take off our tinted glasses and he needs to earn his keep consistently.

We've seen Martial do similar, go from shark to plankton to shark back to plankton again. I'm scared we may never see a consistent reliable Rashford and even if we do, his path to the first team should include intense, quality competition for his place rather than us being forced to watch him unopposed delivering such poor performances (this goes for everyone in the squad).

We have struggled for goals for years so going into another season relying on the same guys plus a young striker who wasn't an absolute phenom (Mbappe, R9, Haaland) was always going to have a preditable result, which many pointed out early doors. Even if he was an absolute phenom, that pressure is totally unfair on a young player.