View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Borninthe80ts

My quote was from Rashford. With nothing missing out. The phrase “mental health struggles” is in the title of that article, but never used by Rashford.
And I got pulled for semantics. Anyway in his article he doesn’t mention mental health but I’ll post another where mentions mental issues. Apologies if it’s not literally “ mental health “ but I’m sure the euphemisms are clear.
https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/foo...ration-what-it-means/spbnnael9voaxuicbrirrptl

BarstoolProphet

Cool. I’ll bow to your knowledge of Marcus’s intentions.
Being deliberately obtuse doesn't exactly back up your arguments. You seem to find every excuse possible to defend his pathetic attitude on the pitch. Remember he was called out for his pathetic showing in the EL final, that he had to make a PR post after and oppose the accusations that he doesn't care about the club? That was on the back of being dreadful attitude-wise for a long period of time, similar to this season. Some lapped it up, making every excuse possible (recovering from a back injury, Ole running him into the ground, shoulder injury, break up with girlfriend, bad influence etc.).

There's a very recogniseable pattern around Rashford in that excuses are being made everytime he's not up to the standard required. With the same leeway usually not afforded to other players consistently being targeted.

Borninthe80ts

Those are the same quotes, no?
I was trying to highlight the use of the word ‘mental’ and an article in where him using that word was quoted. The point being the same that he was struggling mentally and it affected form.

Apokalips

If he is suffering from mental health difficulties then he needs to be taken out of the starting line up, because his poor performances and the reaction to them will not help him. Manchester United on the pitch cannot be carrying him as a passenger and he should have strong competition for his place which makes his place not guaranteed anyway. Hopefully his clear poor performance pushes us to be more ruthless in building a top drawer, deep forward line instead of expecting a couple of individuals to have their best season ever each season.

Separate from that Manchester United Football Club as an entity needs to do our upmost to ensure that he is supported as much as he needs to be off the pitch and that goes for any of our players, but not least those that we raised through our academy. I have no doubt that Marcus is being given the correct level of support from the club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And I got pulled for semantics. Anyway in his article he doesn’t mention mental health but I’ll post another where mentions mental issues. Apologies if it’s not literally “ mental health “ but I’m sure the euphemisms are clear.
https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/foo...ration-what-it-means/spbnnael9voaxuicbrirrptl
You keep posting the same quotes every time! He says he “wasn’t in the right headspace”. For an elite athlete that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with actual mental health issues. Not the right focus, a drop in confidence or self belief, or dedication, or any number of things that make the difference between being on top or your game or struggling for form. Obviously the mental game is important in top level sports but if someone is struggling with that element of their profession it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re having “mental health issues”. Which implies some sort of mental illness. In fact, you could argue that what separates the very top tier from the also rans is getting that side of the game absolutely spot on.

Borninthe80ts

Being deliberately obtuse doesn't exactly back up your arguments. You seem to find every excuse possible to defend his pathetic attitude on the pitch. Remember he was called out for his pathetic showing in the EL final, that he had to make a PR post after and oppose the accusations that he doesn't care about the club? That was on the back of being dreadful attitude-wise for a long period of time, similar to this season. Some lapped it up, making every excuse possible (recovering from a back injury, Ole running him into the ground, shoulder injury, break up with girlfriend, bad influence etc.).

There's a very recogniseable pattern around Rashford in that excuses are being made everytime he's not up to the standard required. With the same leeway usually not afforded to other players consistently being targeted.
I’m not excusing anything merely pointing out logical reasons which might and have affected all types of peoples performances at work and he has himself documented rather than speculation. Yet again I’m not really defending poor performances more questioning reasons for hate and comments other than on his performances. It’s weird to me how if you don’t say he is crap and should be gone your deemed his defender and a Stan.
I try to take a fair approach to how i comment or criticise players. Clearly he has to do better, I’m just shocked at the level of apparent hate for a player to me that I believe does care for and wants the teams to succeed.

Borninthe80ts

You keep posting the same quotes every time! He says he “wasn’t in the right headspace”. For an elite athlete that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with actual mental health issues. Not the right focus, a drop in confidence or self belief, or dedication, or any number of things that make the difference between being on top or your game or struggling for form. Obviously the mental game is important in top level sports but if someone is struggling with that element of their profession it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re having “mental health issues”. Which implies some sort of mental illness. In fact, you could argue that what separates the very top tier from the also rans is getting that side of the game absolutely spot on.
From the Sporting news article,
I was struggling at times with more mental things. It wasn't really my own performance, but other things off the pitch. That's the biggest difference from last season," he said

To me you were saying that I was minimising mental health because he was quoted a saying headspace rather than the term mental health. I tried to find a quote as close to it with the term mental and highlighting that it was close enough to confirm what my intentions were in highlighting the point. I didn’t try to diagnose or suggest any type of illness, rather what he said. Thus the reason I said issue not illness. Also the terms you use could also be seen as anxiety or something else so for me to see it as a lack of focus could be an inaccuracy too. Whatever the distinction it was enough that it affected his performances. To me this is a more rational conclusion than the argument that he doesn’t care.
Your right in that I also think the mentality does separate the greatest in their fields as the skill levels now are generally very similar but it doesn’t mean these traits can’t be developed for me, or that even the greatest don’t get affected either.

TheReligion

Abusive
A few weeks ago I read an article (from July) about Rashford leaving his Rolls Royce on a double yellow lines while shopping. There was even a picture of the car on the double yellow lines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Rolls-Royce-double-yellow-lines-Cheshire.html

That particular law exists for a reason. To think it doesn't apply to you isn't great. Perhaps it is the only time he has ever done it but seems unlikely to me.

As to whether Rashford is any more arrogant and entitled than your typical professional footballer earning an obscene salary, I have no idea. Never met him. Seems a shy person, not particularly intelligent. Possibly struggles with the attention when not performing well.
You can actually park on double yellows for up to 20 minutes when collecting a load. In other circumstances too.

I wouldn’t use that as evidence of bad character if that’s your intention.

clarkydaz

Ok he makes a lot of money and parked on a yellow line. I’m not sure if he thought he could or not but I’ll tally it in his negative column for judgement day. I’ll not argue with the other assumptions either.
A lot of people in the public eye do continually struggle with similar issues, as Owen Farrell can attest too.
wait, what? :lol:

not just on double yellows, but half the pavement aswell for good measure. One hell of a mental illness

Borninthe80ts

not just on double yellows, but half the pavement aswell for good measure. One hell of a mental illness

The line you quoted was tongue in cheek on my part. However the evidence on character is clear. I think he should be arrested immediately.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I like Rashford. He seems a good lad. Innocent, almost. I hope he doesn’t have health issues. The way that Bruno gave him the ball at the penalty would suggest that people know he needs a lift, a break, something is wrong. I have been very angry with him and made very harsh comments. But no one would celebrate his coming good more that I would. And this is only a game after all. Seems like his illness is very timely, though. Not a good sign for his future at the club he grew up in. Sad.

Last edited:

Leonzo1

I get what you're trying to say, but we shouldn't underestimate the effect of personal issues on performance. I think Rashford needs to be out of the team for a while. Other players (Garnacho) deserve to play now. If it is something in his personal life, give him an extended time off like Sancho and Antony to solve his problems first.
I would agree with you if this was something new with him but it's far from it. We can't afford to have our star player preform so erratically. One horrendous season followed by a very good and then horrendous again. I'm not trying to belittle whatever problems he may have, I'm just saying that if he can't get himself to be focused and motivated on a consistent level he has no place in this team.

Andersons Dietician

I hope if he features today which I think he will he puts in some bloody effort. If you do that things will happen hopefully we’ll get turn overs like we did against Chelsea and create chances from that. But he needs to put in the effort and if someone is in a better position pass it.

RedUnited86

That picture is tragic. If there's ever an image to show how detached from reality footballers are - this is it.

You've got young kids walking past who are no doubt in awe bending their dad's ear about how they want to be like him, and he's parked on the pavement on double yellows as if he's fecking royalty arriving in his carriage where he's above the law.

I wish he'd feck off already the sulking work-shy toxic wanker.

mintyred

That picture is tragic. If there's ever an image to show how detached from reality footballers are - this is it.

You've got young kids walking past who are no doubt in awe bending their dad's ear about how they want to be like him, and he's parked on the pavement on double yellows as if he's fecking royalty arriving in his carriage where he's above the law.

I wish he'd feck off already the sulking work-shy toxic wanker.
It's not detached at all, normal people do this all the time. Also, they're rich, so a parking ticket doesn't matter. If I was rich I'd park anywhere too.

I also hate when people bring the children into the argument as if they're some sort of saint. Kids are influenced by a whole range of factors and aren't going to become drug dealers because Rashford parked on double yellows. They're more likely to be influenced by their shitty parents who feed them chicken dippers for breakfast lunch and dinner and neglect them emotionally. Like 50% of the British population.

mintyred

Rashford is far too ordinary a player to get this much attention, people speak about him like he's Mbappe when he's never proven consistently he's good enough to start every week. Rashford not being in the team is a sign the club is moving forward.

Last edited:

Lentwood

I'll genuinely be gutted if he starts today. I want to see that EtH has learnt something about the team midweek.

I'd start the same XI and use Rashford midweek against Bayern

DomM

Let us all think for a few minutes that Rashford earns 350K a week, he should be the leagues best player on those wages yet consistently produces pathetic performances with very little effort, similar to Sancho really. Both players need to be shipped out at the earliest opportunity, we would be saving around 35million a year on wages alone, not to mention two stroppy players.

SAF is the GOAT

Let us all think for a few minutes that Rashford earns 350K a week, he should be the leagues best player on those wages yet consistently produces pathetic performances with very little effort, similar to Sancho really. Both players need to be shipped out at the earliest opportunity, we would be saving around 35million a year on wages alone, not to mention two stroppy players.
I'll be the happiest guy in earth when Jean Claude Blanc will come and cut these prats wages as he did in Juve

Every time these players get an upgrade to their wages - they aren't playing to the same level before, they aren't "hungry" anymore.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's not detached at all, normal people do this all the time. Also, they're rich, so a parking ticket doesn't matter. If I was rich I'd park anywhere too.

I also hate when people bring the children into the argument as if they're some sort of saint. Kids are influenced by a whole range of factors and aren't going to become drug dealers because Rashford parked on double yellows.
Thank you.

There’s actually some normal, honest people posting here.

Lentwood

Same but ETH might'nt have any choice but to start him and rotate seeing as we only played during the week.
That's why personally I'd pick the same team again today, ask them to play exactly the same way...and then rest key players against Bayern midweek.

That might not go over well (and it absolutely won't be what EtH does) but I'd still be picking a team good enough to win vs Bayern...just prioritising legs for today and Anfield

hp88

Surprised to see him benched again, I don't think it's down to resting him for Bayern either, whatever minutes he gets today he better work his arse off or else he might be done here.

Walters_19_MuFc

Surprised to see him benched again, I don't think it's down to resting him for Bayern either, whatever minutes he gets today he better work his arse off or else he might be done here.
Not sure why you're surprised. ten Hag has quite openly said he's not in great form, and as a result he's on the bench. That doesn't mean he's ''done here''. Players drift in and out of form all the time. Admittedly, Rashford is a player who does it more than others, but he's not the first, nor will he be the first player to be dropped because of a lack of form.

Man Utd 0:3 Bournemouth

Swiss_Red89

Looked like he wanted to try today at least. Definitely not a good thing that it even needs to be mentioned though. Should be like this all the time and every min he is on the pitch.

Born2Lose

Cringe to watch him actually put some effort in for once as a 26 year old who gets paid over £300k a week. Absolute manchild.

Guess that "effort" also blows away the mental health and injured arguments...

Castia

So he was benched at the weekend and apparently is too sick to train this week when we have Bayern/Liverpool

Call me a sceptic but….yeah.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So he was benched at the weekend and apparently is too sick to train this week when we have Bayern/Liverpool

As a fanbase, we need to better than that I'd say. Our players may have a lot of issues but I don't think they'd go as far as that (Bruno a suspension on purpose is the same principle too)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Really??

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Except that he's admitted in the past that he's struggled with it and he's just lost a cousin so who knows what's been going on off the pitch this season?

You can spot the signs quite easily when watching him., coming from someone who's had it and someone who helped people with it.
It's literally absurd that death is thrown out with the bathwater in this thread.

Guy looks like he's in a haze with football being the last thing on his mind - was even instructed by others to celebrate after scoring the pen the other day.

The only way direct scrutiny can be passed on is if he is killing it in training and then acting like a traffic cone come match day, otherwise he should be nowhere near the team right now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's literally absurd that death is thrown out with the bathwater in this thread.

Guy looks like he's in a haze with football being the last thing on his mind - was even instructed by others to celebrate after scoring the pen the other day.

The only way direct scrutiny can be passed on is if he is killing it in training and then acting like a traffic cone come match day, otherwise he should be nowhere near the team right now.
To be honest, I find it much more absurd to mention bereavement as a factor for performances which have been exactly as half-hearted, sulky looking and generally shite back when his cousin was still alive. Are we implying he could see the future?!?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
To be honest, I find it much more absurd to mention bereavement as a factor for performances which have been exactly as half-hearted, sulky looking and generally shite back when his cousin was still alive. Are we implying he could see the future?!?
The run on from @matherto's post was talking about depression. I'm not calling depression, but a logical thread would surely be someone already in a slump having it emphatically worsened by a bereavement. Rashford looked bad before, but still passable, just sluggish etc., but there looks to have been a serious downturn in his performance level the past few weeks and it wouldn't be a surprise to see that correlate with his tweet.

He looks well off in the clouds to me and that [non] goal celebration where Bruno and others had to actively prompt him to celebrate looked extremely odd to me.

My personal feeling is he shouldn't be playing football at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The run on from @matherto's post was talking about depression. I'm not calling depression, but a logical thread would surely be someone already in a slump having it emphatically worsened by a bereavement. Rashford looked bad before, but still passable, just sluggish etc., but there looks to have been a serious downturn in his performance level the past few weeks and it wouldn't be a surprise to see that correlate with his tweet.

He looks well off in the clouds to me and that [non] goal celebration where Bruno and others had to actively prompt him to celebrate looked extremely odd to me.

My personal feeling is he shouldn't be playing football at the moment.
Not what I’ve seen. He’s been absolutely garbage all season long. And with a face like a slapped arse from day one. I actually have no idea what’s going on with him but trying to use this recent bereavement as an excuse for issues that clearly predate it doesn’t make any sense.