View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

tothetop96

Has second highest goals + assists of all our players this season, and this is a below average season by his standards. He's second to Bruno who has played 600+ more minutes than him. He had a fairly decent game yesterday, and has overall played well in his last three outings. Again, the lengths people will go to to make out he's unable to even kick a ball is astonishing

Doracle

I don't think nine prem goals a season on average is that bad for a winger. Ignoring all the other issues I reckon that's what a lot of wingers get, including city, arsenal and liverpool's (not Salah obviously). (Edit: I just looked at foden, grealish and Diaz and they are all less, and none hit the heights he does in terms of goals).

His goal scoring gets such scrutiny because he is often the most likely to score, look at what he did last season and imagine if we had a functioning striker scoring as well, rather than next to nothing coming from the other two attacking positions.

The big concern for me is that he never looks happy or engaged and regularly looks like he is putting in very little effort. He's a boyhood fan, this should be his dream and he rarely seems arsed.
Salah at age 26 was averaging 9 league goals a season - obviously mainly not in the premier league though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has second highest goals + assists of all our players this season, and this is a below average season by his standards. He's second to Bruno who has played 600+ more minutes than him. He had a fairly decent game yesterday, and has overall played well in his last three outings. Again, the lengths people will go to to make out he's unable to even kick a ball is astonishing
Which is a total sum of 3 goals and 4 assists in 25 games. That's... pretty bad.

FerociousCorgis

he is being paid like one of the top players in the world and has 3 goals on the season. One of which was a gift wrapped pen from bruno. Im not going to go thru all whoppin 4 of his assists to see which were quality assist and which were him just happening to be the last pass before a goal. To make it seem like he is having some decent season that we all cant see is just plain hilarious. For reference even with all the absolute shit hojlund is taking, and he is struggling a bit in our team to be fair, he still has twice as many goals as rashford on the season overall.

Oranges038

Dont forget Luke Shaw. The latest one is needing Luke Shaw to overlap and make space form him. He really is the new Pogba
Most wingers need a full back to support and create space, it's kind of a normal thing to expect.

tothetop96

Which is a total sum of 3 goals and 4 assists in 25 games. That's... pretty bad.
3 goals and 6 assists*. Would be nice if he could have added a few more goals, but could easily finish the season with between 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists. At minimum would require 7 goals and 4 more assists in next 21+ games til end of the season. If it is that bad what does it say about the rest of our players.

iHicksy

I've heard it all now.

He's being called him a winger to make up for his lack of output.

He's not a winger he's part of a front 3, we don't play with "wingers" and haven't done since Ferguson/Moyes. It's a 4-2-1-3

He's a forward that plays on the left/right. The same as Saka, Salah, Foden, Sterling, Son, Bowen etc etc.

tothetop96

he is being paid like one of the top players in the world and has 3 goals on the season. One of which was a gift wrapped pen from bruno. Im not going to go thru all whoppin 4 of his assists to see which were quality assist and which were him just happening to be the last pass before a goal. To make it seem like he is having some decent season that we all cant see is just plain hilarious. For reference even with all the absolute shit hojlund is taking, and he is struggling a bit in our team to be fair, he still has twice as many goals as rashford on the season overall.
Rashford has 3 goals and 6 assists - it would be good if our other wingers could create at the rate he does. Garnacho has 2 assists and Antony has 0. His season so far could be summed up as just about okay. I take issue with the ridiculous exaggeration on here with people making out he shouldn't even be a footballer. You might have noticed Hojlund is a striker as well and Rashford is not

FerociousCorgis

Rashford has 3 goals and 6 assists - it would be good if our other wingers could create at the rate he does. Garnacho has 2 assists and Antony has 0. His season so far could be summed up as just about okay. I take issue with the ridiculous exaggeration on here with people making out he shouldn't even be a footballer. You might have noticed Hojlund is a striker as well and Rashford is not
quick google search shows 2 assists in the league, and 2 in the UCL. So not sure where you get 6 assists? * looks like google is missing an epl assist as well as the fa cup "assist" Hate google sometimes ha
And as i said, i would have to look at the "assists" to really see the quality of even those. Seen many times a player get an "assist" where they simply make a basic pass and the other player does pretty much the entire work.

And you are missing the point. You cannot possibly pay someone like they are world class/face of the club for one of the top clubs in the world and somehow say they have had a good year so far with how rashford has been playing. It isnt like he is just getting unlucky and is close to having so many more goals. Just because the rest of the team is struggling too doesnt negate anything for him. He has higher expectations than a 19 year old garnacho who is just now coming into his own or a 20 year old hojlund trying to make the jump into a new upper league.

And one last edit- there really isnt anyone out here saying he shouldnt be a footballer. Mainly that he shouldnt be making 350 plus a week strolling about for united. If anything the prevailing hope from many is that he gets sold to psg for big bucks.

Last edited:

GreatDane

For 350k a week people are entitled to expect a bit more, not too mention that his side is where attacks go to die.

Stuu

Good in the first half. Second half it was almost like he decided it was an exhibition game and started to overplay and do his usual running into opposition players act.

Oranges038

Right, because he has been playing with no fullback behind him
Nah, it's just normal to expect a fullback to provide supporting runs to the winger, whether it's and overlap or an inside movement. There aren't many wingers out there who can get the ball on the wing and create without others making movements to create space.

clarkydaz

Nah, it's just normal to expect a fullback to provide supporting runs to the winger, whether it's and overlap or an inside movement. There aren't many wingers out there who can get the ball on the wing and create without others making movements to create space.
You are talking like he is isolated with no fullback help, and he has been shit with Shaw playing aswell

Oranges038

You are talking like he is isolated with no fullback help, and he has been shit with Shaw playing aswell
Utd's wingers are almost always isolated with no support too far away from the goal to make any impact, where they get next to zero support from the fulls backs. There's barely a winger in world football that would thrive in this team, especially with the fullbacks available who offer fcuk all going either way.

I'm not Rashford's biggest fan, far from it, but it's not just about Rashford, everytime anyone suggests a player might benefit from another player offering a different dynamic, it get shot down, it's like the notion that players need some to have some relationship and complimentary skillsets doesn't exist.

STYLOISRED

I think his time at Man Utd is done. Like Leroy Sane at ManCity sometimes it just goes stale and a change of environment is necessary. I know this may be tough for many to admit given his Manc born and bred and we were hoping he would be the star and leader of this team.
If I were part of the incoming regime I'd put him in the market before his value depreciates further.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
350k for these performances. Players on 1/4th of that play better than him.

arthurka

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't enjoy what you're doing, then you'll never be good at it. Looking at his complete lack of intensity, the way he communicates with his teammates, the way he shies away from physical duels, all looks like, IMHO, that he isn't fully invested in the game. At least that's the way I see it at the moment. He used to have a smile about him and some enthusiasm. He seems devoid of both.
I agree he just looks like he really doesn't want to be there.

Lee565

He is very hard to judge, he has at times looked like a real talisman in past seasons and also looked dreadful but those are usually in the same period when the manager has looked out of his depth and let's not forget the terrible way ole played him into the ground.

It is clear as day ten hag is out of his depth and the whole team is struggling to show any good form, eth has also put rashford in the same situation as last season as putting all the pressure on him to work magic because he signed a bunch of attacking flops that contributing almost nothing and we are facing our lowest scoring season in some time

Red Rash

3 goals and 6 assists*. Would be nice if he could have added a few more goals, but could easily finish the season with between 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists. At minimum would require 7 goals and 4 more assists in next 21+ games til end of the season. If it is that bad what does it say about the rest of our players.
A lot of our top players have underperformed this season but even looking at the stats you mentioned that isn't good for a player on his salary. The reality is that he is one of the top paid players in the league so the expectations on him will always be higher than a player on less than half his salary.

I think his all round game has also been pretty poor this season.

Realistically even if his stats are worse, Garnacho has been the much better player and is younger and paid significantly less.

I think we are completely within our right to expect more from Marcus.

Doracle

Then he shouldn't have signed a contract.
In fairness, at the time he signed it we were still rumoured to be interested in Kane and we’d come off an encouraging season.

He returned to training, saw us start the season with no midfield and no service for him and it’s only just starting to look slightly improved now. I think he’ll have a strong second half to the season. If we can also somehow get in a top class CF that will really help him and Garnacho.

Vidooq

We wil not win anything with Rashford in the team. All these excuses for him, Dear God, the standards have dropped between us fans.

First he might be injured. He simply does not track back, does not challenge for the ball, does not go for headers, ducks out of challenges. I mean, I truly have hard time remembering another United player that has done this.

His footballing IQ is almost non existent. He can not read where the danger will come from, he always makes the wrong decision in attack. His lack of form has nothing to do with Shaw. Garnacho has been playing without overlapping support, and you can tell the difference, the eye test does not lie.

Lastly, you can not be carrying a player that is only half good whenever the opposition decides to play a high line, such as Villa or Spurs, as most often than not, teams will play us deep, and he is useless in that regard.

He simply needs a change of scenery. His body language is so wrong. The players had to push him after the penalty Bruno gave him. He is so flat. No emotion whatsoever.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
In fairness, at the time he signed it we were still rumoured to be interested in Kane and we’d come off an encouraging season.

He returned to training, saw us start the season with no midfield and no service for him and it’s only just starting to look slightly improved now. I think he’ll have a strong second half to the season. If we can also somehow get in a top class CF that will really help him and Garnacho.
I just don't buy that as a reason he signed that contract.

TheLittleOne

He is very hard to judge, he has at times looked like a real talisman in past seasons and also looked dreadful but those are usually in the same period when the manager has looked out of his depth and let's not forget the terrible way ole played him into the ground.

It is clear as day ten hag is out of his depth and the whole team is struggling to show any good form, eth has also put rashford in the same situation as last season as putting all the pressure on him to work magic because he signed a bunch of attacking flops that contributing almost nothing and we are facing our lowest scoring season in some time
I really struggle to understand how Rashfords horrible decision making is down to Ten Hag. I would agree he put trust into players that didnt deliver so far and maybe dont deserve it, but you can only teach them that much... execution on field is on the players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's based on nothing but sentiment, but I have a sneaky (optimistic) feeling that he'll have a complete turnaround this calendar year and hit form again.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

The problem with your theory is that Rashford will still be looking to create for himself rather than the hypothetical top class CF we should be signing.

led_scholes

Scored a goal and made a nice pass at one point. All the rest 85 minutes he was shambolic.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
fecking awful, running into blind alleys and picking the wrong option constantly

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Most selfish player(funnily enough, I would say Antony is close second) in the league, and deserves every hate he gets simply because he is that arrogant with the ball and don't care about team but rather his own glory 10 times out of 10. I wouldn't let him stay one minute on the pitch after that second half counter attwck when he had Mctominay(?) coming alone on the right and he wanted to dribble past two players.