View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

The Purley King

Not fit to wear the shirt and I hope he doesn’t ever again.
Utterly disgraceful “performance “.
Bottle job, lazy and arrogant. Jog on……..

spwd

I've honestly never seen a softer footballer in my life. Not only does he avoid physical contact, the rare times he's forced into a physical duel he'll go down "hurt" from the most minor contact, usually while the game goes on and leaves us down to 10 men. Inevitably there's never actually anything wrong with him as he's jogging around absolutely fine a few minutes later.

Bruno loves pretending to be injured while the opposition go on the attack against us also.
FTFY.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He needs to be sold. He is one of the senior members of the dressing room and he is a terrible example. A statement is needed and his sale is it

Vernon Philander

Imagine, this tweet was from a year and a half ago.
And people say Casemiro’s legs have gone.

lsd

The Oracle
Am i the only one thinks he should have had a penalty when literally barged off the ball by two players?

Footyislife

This is why Jose wanted him gone. Literally only puts out for contract year, then does feck all.

I'd bench him and move on. If he's not healthy which I can see with his ankle issues, then an extended break will help him. And we can develop another player instead.

The problem is it takes balls the size of Dan Ashworth to make a call like that.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This is why Jose wanted him gone. Literally only puts out for contract year, then does feck all.

I'd bench him and move on. If he's not healthy which I can see with his ankle issues, then an extended break will help him. And we can develop another player instead.

The problem is it takes balls the size of Dan Ashworth to make a call like that.
Was his contract up for renewal in 19/20 or 20/21 when he got 20+ goals and 10+ assists in both seasons?

I'm edging towards selling Rashford for the right price, but let's not rewrite history.

RedDevil@84

Am i the only one thinks he should have had a penalty when literally barged off the ball by two players?
No. Obviously. It was a stonewall penalty, but VAR couldn't give it because it was us and the media would moan on how Forest were robbed for a shoulder to shoulder

Piskin

Needs to be gone in the summer, he is stinking the place out...

The Urban Goose

...he has no idea how to play as a striker. Absolutely no clue what runs to make, where to position himself, how to make himself available for a pass or how to receive, shield and lay the ball off.
And yet he's 27 so had plenty of time to learn. I think those who have said he just doesn't care about football any more are probably correct.

Sylar

And yet he's 27 so had plenty of time to learn. I think those who have said he just doesn't care about football any more are probably correct.
Hasn't most of his time been on playing our wide? If so trying to perfect that would make more sense

(Granted how he's done there is another story)

MrBest

Always said, he was a great player, injury before covid changed things for him. It's like he is scared to go into duals now. Then he played for a contract, put more effort in, bagged 350k a week, now he looks like he can't be bothered to break a sweat. Is he trying to keep fit for a sale? For Euros? Even for England he looks rubbish these days.

For a player to sulk this much even though he has been given everything is just an insult to the fans who pays his wages. Hag needs to grow some balls and drop him. Put a youth guy there instead, at least you get something more.

Bruno Amad Garnacho
Mctominay (Hojlund when back)

Forson to cover when needed and last resort Rashford. Let him sulk, he does and offers nothing right now.

Mickson

I understand the anger, but I feel that it's very difficult to judge him playing as a striker, in this setup, with this team. I don't know, feels like I'm the only one who wants to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. People are sooo angry with him, while I understand it... I can't really feel it. I think he will be very good in a team that plays to his strengths.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yes you are
No he isn't, player takes him out in the box making no attempt to play the ball. I'm actually surprised anyone could come to any other conclusion, perhaps you need to see it again?

Oranges038

No he isn't, player takes him out in the box making no attempt to play the ball. I'm actually surprised anyone could come to any other conclusion, perhaps you need to see it again?

Said it in the other thread.

There's no way should that be a penalty. It's just good physical defending, getting their body across and shielding the ball out. It's pathetic to even look for it.

flameinthesun

Imagine, this tweet was from a year and a half ago.
And people say Casemiro’s legs have gone.
The one main difference between his first couple seasons and his later seasons for me is his work rate. He was much more of a livewire, energetic, and fearless. He was always a bit shy of physical challenges and going for headers but his energy was a lot higher. To me it feels like he has tried to mould his game on Ronaldo's game when he was at madrid. Whether that was his choice or Ole's at the time but its clear he's tried to morph into that left wing/forward role where he is predominantly a goalscorer and doesn't get too involved with the game. The problem is, he's not a Ronaldo or a Salah or an Mbappe. He's just not as talented as those players so his attacking output does not make up for his poor overall contributions to the team. I don't see him ever getting back to that more energetic version of himself or suddenly becoming a Salah/Mbappe level talent and for me that means he's not a player to help you win a big trophy.

SuperiorXI

Watching it live I thought foul but too soft for a pen, anywhere else it's a foul. So technically it's a pen.

UpWithRivers

Said it in the other thread.

There's no way should that be a penalty. It's just good physical defending, getting their body across and shielding the ball out. It's pathetic to even look for it.
Nonsense. What you are talking about is literally what the defender on the right is doing. Look at the difference between both defenders. The guy in the right is bang on. Thats how you defend. The guy on the left is nowhere near and just taking out Rashford. He can't get to the ball and he knows it.

Hughes35

Said it for years and will keep saying it until he's gone or he proves me wrong (He wont). He's just not that good.

It's a shame that others are now also realising how poor he is and we will likely be unable to sell him unless PSG or Chelsea have a stupid moment.

Oranges038

Nonsense. What you are talking about is literally what the defender on the right is doing. Look at the difference between both defenders. The guy in the right is bang on. Thats how you defend. The guy on the left is nowhere near and just taking out Rashford. He can't get to the ball and he knows it.
It's good defending. People need to stop expecting every bit of physical play to be a foul or a card.

Never a foul or a pen.

Redguern

Exactly. Not only that, but the defender on the right only manages to get his body in between Rashford and the ball BECAUSE his team mate barges Marcus into him. Otherwise Rashford would have been past both of them and in on goal, as he still had the ball well under control and was bursting into a shooting position... Forest got away with it there and I can only think that the way he was bounced onto the other player made it look more like a 'coming together' than the clear foul that it really was.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Neither defender commits a foul. The one on the right puts his body between Rashford and the ball. No foul. The one on the other side challenges Rashford for the ball, shoulder to shoulder. Again, no foul.

Chairman Steve

Over the past years, there’s been a few players who we like to epitomise for our decline.

First it was Fellaini, then it was Pogba and at the moment Rashford is that. Each one more damning than the last in my opinion.

Selling him in the summer would send a huge message all around the club, from the first team all the way down to the youngest age groups of the Academy, to let them know regardless of poster boy status, you’re not untouchable.

DomM

He should be demoted to the bench and used as an impact player, its all he is good for. Fame and fortune have made him think he is undroppable, he shows no desire, his attitude is very poor and his workrate non existent, yet ETH constantly picks him in the vain hope he will produce 1 bit of magic a game. I would rather play someone less gifted but who shows passion and determination and who can actually follow orders. ETH does himself no favours but relying on someone who clearly doesnt care.

Born2Lose

It stopped being about Rashford long ago, the guy is a joke.

It's all about Ten Hag's weakness as a manager in continuing to play him.

Chairman Steve

There is some solace to him starting all the time regardless of whether he deserves too. He’s been given ample rope to hang himself so to speak and INEOS seem A LOT more on the ball with things compared to the Glazers.

Berrada as CEO is going to ask whether it’s practical to keep a 26 year old forward on £350k a week who has contributed 40 goals over the past three seasons. Brailsford watching all our games in person since Christmas is going to see a massive non-performance from him. Ashworth is going to see him as limited, not compatible with modern football play styles and probably say we could get someone younger and more suitable instead.

If INEOS hadn’t stepped in, I’m pretty sure we’d be stuck on an endless ride of this where Rashford performs well for a new manager or when contract year is in then downs tools, and because of the ridiculously passive way of how the Glazers ran everything, he could have coasted to his 30s at United because of the staff turnover and Glazers passive approach.

Hes carved a very comfortable niche out for himself and knows the Glazers are too dumb to truly realise it.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Was his contract up for renewal in 19/20 or 20/21 when he got 20+ goals and 10+ assists in both seasons?

I'm edging towards selling Rashford for the right price, but let's not rewrite history.
Maybe i'm misremembering but although i think he did well that season for goals his general play that year was the subject of a lot of criticism, especially towards the end of the year? I think there was lots of arguments about how he wasn't as good as the season before (19/20) and how he must be injured because something just seemed wrong. He then followed it up with the worst season of his career under Ole/Ralf, then had his best season last year, and it's all gone wrong again this year.

Dominos

The easiest way to assess whether we've actually been robbed is, what would have been the reaction on here if we concede that penalty at Anfield? The whole forum would be up in arms for weeks screaming corruption if Liverpool were given that pen against us.

The convention on how the game is refereed is you're allowed to go shoulder to shoulder in the box without conceding a pen. The defender was just stronger, and you don't see penalties given for those almost ever. Whether you think the way the game is officiated needs to change that's a different discussion, but the way it is now you just don't get pens for that.

If its a push in the back that's different. But shoulder to shoulder gets a pass.

Jordi Cruyff 99

The sooner he is gone, the better. I’ve not seen a less likeable Man Utd player in my lifetime, and there are several in the squad like Fernandes, Shaw, Martial, Maguire and so on.

lsd

The Oracle
Watching it live I thought foul but too soft for a pen, anywhere else it's a foul. So technically it's a pen.
That's what i think. Anywhere else on the pitch the referee blows and more likely than not gives a yellow to the defender if not both.

Therefore it's a penalty. You can't say it's allowed in the penalty box and nowhere else