4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Lyng

United fans are dickheads on the whole.

Rashford is not performing at all this season so he’s not going to get the space to try and sort it out.
The best thing would be finding him a new club with less pressure

but again, I suspect he’s falling out of love with football and it won’t surprise me if the next news about him this summer is that he’s retiring from football
You are spot on. Still it's a damn fecking shame.
I might be a naive idiot but I still want Rashford to come back from this.
I still think he loves United but I fear he has mental issues.
He is the guy who has done most for Rasmus after he arrived so clearly Rashy cares, but something is off.
Maybe the best is for him to go somewhere else, but I will not celebrate that day.

QuietOn Fortune

:lol: you're definitely on the wind up.

The scousers are more supportive of their players because they've seen a lot of those players win the PL and CL in recent seasons.

You should've seen how they treated the likes of Paul Konchesky during their dark days under Hogdson.

Or even how Karius was hounded out of the club after a couple of mistakes. Their fanbase was more inclined to abuse him as they hadn't seen their team win a trophy in several years.

Use your brain.
Or Benitez's CL winning side like Milan Baros, Dudek, Kuyt, Hamann & so many more average players :lol:

No wonder they have won shit tonnes of CL's more than us because there is support even when the team is crap.

If we had Baros & Kuyt - we woukd let them know that they are shit and dont deserve to be at the club before making fun of them for every mistake they make.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Or Benitez's CL winning side like Milan Baros, Dudek, Kuyt, Hamann & so many more average players :lol:

No wonder they have won shit tonnes of CL's more than us because there is support even when the team is crap.

If we had Baros & Kuyt - we woukd let them know that they are shit and dont deserve to be at the club before making fun of them for every mistake they make.
Are you implying that they won the Champions League in 2005 because their fans didn't abuse their players? I'm sure if social media was around in 2005, there would have been plenty of Liverpool Twitter accounts making memes of Baros.

edgecutter

We're having the same conversation from 2 years ago. He isn't up to it and should be moved on. Difference from then and now is that we gave him 350k a week contract which makes it impossible to shift him.

Rashford has his admirers and critics, not haters. Everyone is entitled to call a player out for poor attitude and poor performances. I don't care what you did 12 months ago, because if we base a player value on what they did in the past, Ronaldo, Rooney and so on would still be here.

He's also on 350k a week. The fact he can't fecking try when all of us bust a gut at work for a tiny percentage of what he earns boils my piss.

The Urban Goose

He's not had a great season but come on, let's not sugar coat it. It's gone beyond criticism. It's abuse plain and simple. And not for the first time this has happened to a United player.

Our fans have form for it. Happened to Maguire. Happened to DDG. Now it's Rashford. There always has to be that one player that warrants a pile on. If Rashford leaves, someone else will get targeted. We all know it'll happen.

Needs to leave social media for his own sake.
Your final sentence is key.

Utd is a global club and twitter is a global platform, so there are all sorts of cultures and education levels commenting about Utd on Twitter. Rashford seems to be falling into the same trap as politicians in that they forget twitter isn't real life. It might as well be another planet.

Ignore the knobheads on twitter, in fact get off social media in it's entirety. That he's searching on twitter for his name at 12:30am is a huge red flag and someone needs to have a word with him about it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You are spot on. Still it's a damn fecking shame.
I might be a naive idiot but I still want Rashford to come back from this.
I still think he loves United but I fear he has mental issues.
He is the guy who has done most for Rasmus after he arrived so clearly Rashy cares, but something is off.
Maybe the best is for him to go somewhere else, but I will not celebrate that day.
Me neither.... I'll just wish him well and that'll be that. Hopefully he'll end up in a better place mentally.

For now though he should keep a low profile and stay off social media, work on himself and his game... Ignore the noise and hang out with positive people

zenith

That's true.

Not sure Olise would be my choice, though. Maybe Nico Williams would be a better option. Can play both wings, just like Garnacho.

Well, yeah. Any credible alternative who can be a starter.

Considering antony (please god) , greenwood and Sancho could be off this summer, we really do need a starter for the right wing and LW would be covered by garnacho and rashford

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liverpool fans are more supportive of their players than United fans.

United fans think they are more important to the club and look at the players from above, judging them and trying to move them on.

Liverpool fans support their team by watching them and supporting them from underneath instead.

Maguire's abuse was the worst thing ive ever seen from Manchester United fans.

Making Meme's of him and turning him in to a piece of dirt that they want out of this club.

Our fans are just horrible.
I think you’re supporting the wrong club

Rojofiam

United fans think they are more important to the club and look at the players from above, judging them and trying to move them on.

Liverpool fans support their team by watching them and supporting them from underneath instead.

Making Meme's of him and turning him in to a piece of dirt that they want out of this club.

There's a lot of truth in what you say. The last 11 years have completely ruined the fanbase. The treatment of Ole, Maguire, Rashford, and other, mostly British players. 90% of United fans begging for Qatar to buy us whilst reviling Ratcliffe and everyone that didn't want state ownership throughout the takeover process. Been disappointed with the fanbase so many times these last 5 years.

Ronaldo's Love Child

It's like he's taking PR lessons from Meghan Markle.

With his "enough is enough" comment I would not be surprised he starts trying to sue online pundits.

Unam333

There's a lot of truth in what you say. The last 11 years have completely ruined the fanbase. The treatment of Ole, Maguire, Rashford, and other, mostly British players. 90% of United fans begging for Qatar to buy us whilst reviling Ratcliffe and everyone that didn't want state ownership throughout the takeover process. Been disappointed with the fanbase so many times these last 5 years.
Gotta agree with you and QuietOn Fortune.
The United fanbase is very entitled and visiting the Caf isn't enjoyable anymore. People enjoy mocking our own players and they think their harassments do not harm and I just don't understand. This is called online bullying and this needs to stop.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The United fanbase is very entitled and visiting the Caf isn't enjoyable anymore. People enjoy mocking our own players and they think their harassments do not harm and I just don't understand. This is called online bullying and this needs to stop.
Show me an example of online bullying from pundits or fans.

WitchWithoutACat

Telling players that who are playing crap that they are playing crap on an online forum that is designed to talk about the players is apparently bullying now.

Matriac

Show me an example of online bullying from pundits or fans.
"It's just criticism bro".

There's something to be said about the sheer volume of attention he gets. With examples like immediately after our win against Sheffield United Goldbridge decides to whip up the fans by bringing in Rashford "do we do that with Rashford in the team?". Why is that his first thought?
Why not praise the players that played that game instead of slating someone who was injured? They weren't able to replicate it today, so should we ask if the result would have been what it was today if Rashford was playing instead? We had several chances where we lost the duels on pace, so maybe Rashford would have bagged some goals?

Garnacho kept running straight at defenders, maybe because he didn't have other options when there's no functioning LB to play off of.

Swiss_Red89

It's a fact that the relationship between Rashford and the fanbase got very toxic. Rashford is to blame for it, the club as well. But also the fanbase.

I already wrote something similar a few months ago and it might be an unpopular opinion but within the caf and on social media in general he always had a hard time. I don't know why but people couldn't be fast enough to lable him a one season wonder and not good enough and things like that in his second seson 16/17. I always thought that the treatment he got in here was harsh. One or two bad performances or a miss in front of goal and the Knives were always out very soon for him. The amount of pressure he had to handle from the very beginning was crazy imo and I think it let to the current mental breakdown he seems to suffer. He seemed a young lad who just loved to play football but he recently definitely has lost the joy for the game. And the fans have played their part in it imo.

This doesn't change the fact that Marcus should perform better than he has done recently and his effort levels are very often nothing short than disappointing. He should take responsitility for his performances when things doesn't go his way but he seems to feel as the victim a bit to often for me.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Rashford is not performing at all this season so he’s not going to get the space to try and sort it out.

but again, I suspect he’s falling out of love with football and it won’t surprise me if the next news about him this summer is that he’s retiring from football
Sorry I have to disagree. He was dreadful the last 6weeks or so after the golde 4months, he was dreadful the season before and though hehasdeccent figureshehas only really hit anywhere near the hype a couple of seasos from allhis time before.

There is no doubting he has ability buthe wouldnt last more than a season or so at some of the other big clubs in Europe. Yes the slating and abuse he getsis too much but bar those four months last seaso he has never really been that great or a supposed star player. If anyone is prepared to offer big money we should be biting there hands off

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sorry I have to disagree. He was dreadful the last 6weeks or so after the golde 4months, he was dreadful the season before and though hehasdeccent figureshehas only really hit anywhere near the hype a couple of seasos from allhis time before.

There is no doubting he has ability buthe wouldnt last more than a season or so at some of the other big clubs in Europe. Yes the slating and abuse he getsis too much but bar those four months last seaso he has never really been that great or a supposed star player. If anyone is prepared to offer big money we should be biting there hands off
You disagree that a lot of United fans are dickheads or you disagree that he’s had a bad season?

I’m basically saying that he needs shipped out before he just packs it all in

Irwin99

I'm kind of hoping he has a few weeks out of the team with all the horrible noise around him at the moment. We have one important game left this season and for all his many faults, we know he can score goals in the big games. Hope he gets his head clear for the final.

van Nistelrooy

I'm sorry, but simply stating a footballer isn't very good at their job is not harrassment!

This is a discussion board. It's where fans go to let out their frustations or express their delight. As long as it's not offensive (which board rules would never allow here), then it's absolutely fine.

It's very simple to get fans off your back. Perform better, or at the very least, look like you care and RUN!

jesperjaap

You disagree that a lot of United fans are dickheads or you disagree that he’s had a bad season?

I’m basically saying that he needs shipped out before he just packs it all in
Disagreeing he needs the space to sort it out. He is another example of a talented player we have held on to for so long,should have cashed in two years ago and personally couldnt give a toss if he packs it in or not, have no emotional link to the players to have sympathy of them quitting for emotional issues. It sad we gave him a huge ontact like many others that have been poor for years after a goodfew months...we will do the same with Dalot soon.

As for United fans being dickheads....well yes, see a lot of crazy bordering on stupid comments....but as I dont knowhow old the commenters are, whats going onwith them etc etc....wouldnt generalise, actually find it a bit strange you making that comment when the restof your post is about protecting Rashfords mental wellbeing tbh

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Disagreeing he needs the space to sort it out. He is another example of a talented player we have held on to for so long,should have cashed in two years ago and personally couldnt give a toss if he packs it in or not, have no emotional link to the players to have sympathy of them quitting for emotional issues. It sad we gave him a huge ontact like many others that have been poor for years after a goodfew months...we will do the same with Dalot soon.

As for United fans being dickheads....well yes, see a lot of crazy bordering on stupid comments....but as I dont knowhow old the commenters are, whats going onwith them etc etc....wouldnt generalise, actually find it a bit strange you making that comment when the restof your post is about protecting Rashfords mental wellbeing tbh
My point about space is that it’s becoming evident that he’s not up to the pressures of United and all that entails

van Nistelrooy

It's a fact that the relationship between Rashford and the fanbase got very toxic. Rashford is to blame for it, the club as well. But also the fanbase.

I already wrote something similar a few months ago and it might be an unpopular opinion but within the caf and on social media in general he always had a hard time. I don't know why but people couldn't be fast enough to lable him a one season wonder and not good enough and things like that in his second seson 16/17. I always thought that the treatment he got in here was harsh. One or two bad performances or a miss in front of goal and the Knives were always out very soon for him. The amount of pressure he had to handle from the very beginning was crazy imo and I think it let to the current mental breakdown he seems to suffer. He seemed a young lad who just loved to play football but he recently definitely has lost the joy for the game. And the fans have played their part in it imo.

This doesn't change the fact that Marcus should perform better than he has done recently and his effort levels are very often nothing short than disappointing. He should take responsitility for his performances when things doesn't go his way but he seems to feel as the victim a bit to often for me.
I can appreciate the blame laying at the feet of the club and the fans to an extent, but it lays at Rashford's more than anyone elses. The victim card is the only thing he knows how to play and it's gotten far too old now.

Being brought into the limelight and the focal point of the club as a teenager was always going to come with great expectations. That's far too much for anyone of that age, but he seemed to handle it well for years and stood out as a bright spark in a post-Fergie disaster era. I can understand him perhaps suffering from burnout, but that doesn't mean you stop running completely. I think the majority of the fanbase would have greater sympathy and respect if he came out and released a statement, saying he needs a break from the game.

There's no shame. Hold your hands up now and say you need the rest of the season and the Euros off to recover. United would back you and Southgate would still look to include him for England in future too.

The fans of this club are obsessed and it's their pride and joy. If they're not allowed to display their comments whether positive or negative, then that takes away the whole idea of football. People work hard all week to finally sit down and watch their team. Without the fans, you have nothing. They deserve to have their say and if a player can't handle that, then they should take themselves out of the limelight, whether that be social media or the game itself.

OL29

This is an interesting take when you look at the abuse players like Pogba, Lukaku and Martial got. Online, in the stadium, racism, these guys got it with both barrels. It’s a bit hypocritical how fans like you turn a blind eye to that while passing judgement on the rest of the fan base.

gajender

Gotta to hand it to Rashford and his PR firm they do know how to play United's fanbase like a fiddle .

I just hope United's new management isn't as gullible .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Are they? I think that United fans are the most patient (and divisive) out of the big clubs. That helps the club big time as we rather argue with ourselves then unite towards one goal

All I can say is the likes of Juve and Real would never accept such performance from a player let alone defend it

I think the problem with United is the media. They are so obsessed with us that everything gets magnified. It doesn't help that we are a huge fan base. Thus our 1% of idiots is way bigger then that of City for example (City is probably 2 people)

devilish

Liverpool fans are the most weird in the world. I had some of them arguing with me that they have a way better side and manager then ours. That was months after us winning the treble. Lately I met one who was 100% sure that Liverpool will turn around a 3-0 deficit against Atalanta. It was like the Fergie babes drawing against Derby at the first leg and fielding the full team in the next game type of confidence.

These guys are deluded

JeffFromHK

To the very few fans here who think that Rashford shall be given another season and blame everything on fans'/media's abuses, please enlighten me which phase of the game is Rashford good at apart from his "run behind the opponents and score a cut in" (which is an on and off thing for him)?

Is he good at taking set pieces?
Is he good at poaching and scoring instinctive goals?
Is he good at hold up play?
Is he good at headers?
Is he good at move and pass possession play?
Is he good at chances creation?
Is he good at long passes?
Is he good at pressing and tracking back and winning the ball?
Is he good at dribbling?
Is he good at physical duels?

If he is not good at any of these, he is not good enough for Man Utd if we want to be a title winning team again

Last edited:

devilish

Gotta to hand it to Rashford and his PR firm they do know how to play United's fanbase like a fiddle .

I just hope United's new management isn't as gullible .
I hope that United's new management will keep the emotion out of the issue.

Selling Rashy is close to impossible. Assuming he does want to leave then finding a buyer to his liking whose willing to match his salary is very very difficult. We can't push him out too much either. All it takes is one tweet from his part and we'll end up in a similar situation to Sancho ie loaning him (while paying most of his salary).

Thus we have to be careful around that. On one hand we should work on a transfer and on the other hand we need to try to help him out so he can hit another peak of his. It would be then were I fully expect a top level football management to pounce and sell him off as its evident that the guy lack the mental duress to play at a top club.

QuietOn Fortune

This is an interesting take when you look at the abuse players like Pogba, Lukaku and Martial got. Online, in the stadium, racism, these guys got it with both barrels. It’s a bit hypocritical how fans like you turn a blind eye to that while passing judgement on the rest of the fan base.
Well he did say Mostly against British players rather than only British players.

If you want some more examples -
1.Maguire
2.Rashford
3.Sancho
4.Mctominay especially during McFred season
5. Lingard, everyone celebrates him scoring FA Cup winners but treats him like he deserved shit all
6. Wan Bissaka - RB was deemed as good enough for another season because he had some good performances for us and the rise of Dalot, it was decently covered but after just coming back from injury and playing in his wrong position every Man Utd fan cant wait to see the back of him.
7. Phil Jones making fun of his face when defending

Anyway, im glad the whole 'drop Rashford and watch us improve' exam is going to plan ;)

As ive said many times before - the manager is shit and has built a crap team. Removing Rashford or Bruno doesnt sort anything out because its ultimately the manager's fault the whole squad is playing shit - not just one single player.

JeffFromHK

Well he did say Mostly against British players rather than only British players.

If you want some more examples -
1.Maguire
2.Rashford
3.Sancho
4.Mctominay especially during McFred season
5. Lingard, everyone celebrates him scoring FA Cup winners but treats him like he deserved shit all
6. Wan Bissaka - RB was deemed as good enough for another season because he had some good performances for us and the rise of Dalot, it was decently covered but after just coming back from injury and playing in his wrong position every Man Utd fan cant wait to see the back of him.
7. Phil Jones making fun of his face when defending

Anyway, im glad the whole 'drop Rashford and watch us improve' exam is going to plan ;)

As ive said many times before - the manager is shit and has built a crap team. Removing Rashford or Bruno doesnt sort anything out because its ultimately the manager's fault the whole squad is playing shit - not just one single player.
Our games' attacking plays REALLY have improved if you have actually watched the last two games.

QuietOn Fortune

Our games' attacking plays REALLY have improved if you have actually watched the last two games.
Yes more chance creation for Hojlund :lol:

Against Sheffield United & Burnley :rolleyes:

Great improvement.

Honestly the way people treat Bruno & then shut up as soon as he plays like a one man team carrying the whole club behind his back all by himself proves to me that the fans dont know crap all about rating a players ability.

Your list of Rashford 's - has none of these abilities - list proves this to me because he has many of those abilities that we have seen since he broke through :smirk:

led_scholes

What is this narrative that united fans are abusive now?

If any team had players like Rashford, Shaw etc, players getting millions while they perform few months every 2 years, they would be fed up. If anything, United fans are slow to react and over support the players. Shaw should have be sold years ago, but you still have people here saying "when on form, he is among the best in the world" (he was among the best for like 5 weeks in reality).

Players like Lingard, martial, DE Gea etc who it was obvious that they were unsuitable for any serious team, have still supporters.

That was an issue with Liverpool as well. They are not where they are the last 8 years because they over supported Kyrgiakos or Konchesky. If anything, it took almost 30 years for them to win the league because they were hyping mediocrity.

Btw, didn't Liverpool fans sent threats to Gerrard when he made a transfer request?

gajender

I hope that United's new management will keep the emotion out of the issue.

Selling Rashy is close to impossible. Assuming he does want to leave then finding a buyer to his liking whose willing to match his salary is very very difficult. We can't push him out too much either. All it takes is one tweet from his part and we'll end up in a similar situation to Sancho ie loaning him (while paying most of his salary).

Thus we have to be careful around that. On one hand we should work on a transfer and on the other hand we need to try to help him out so he can hit another peak of his. It would be then were I fully expect a top level football management to pounce and sell him off as its evident that the guy lack the mental duress to play at a top club.

Unfortunately I believe we are stuck with him to be honest unless somebody even more incompetent than Us makes a play for him but what we certainly can not afford to do is allow him to stink the place with no repercussions .

Play him only if he deserves it no more free rides for anybody let them earn their minutes on the pitch irrespective of their status and money they are on .

QuietOn Fortune

What is this narrative that united fans are abusive now?

If any team had players like Rashford, Shaw etc, players getting millions while they perform few months every 2 years, they would be fed up. If anything, United fans are slow to react and over support the players. Shaw should have be sold years ago, but you still have people here saying "when on form, he is among the best in the world" (he was among the best for like 5 weeks in reality).

Players like Lingard, martial, DE Gea etc who it was obvious that they were unsuitable for any serious team, have still supporters.

That was an issue with Liverpool as well. They are not where they are the last 8 years because they over supported Kyrgiakos or Konchesky. If anything, it took almost 30 years for them to win the league because they were hyping mediocrity.

Btw, didn't Liverpool fans sent threats to Gerrard when he made a transfer request?
Yes we would support this team :rolleyes:

led_scholes

This team was not really good and they got really lucky winning the CL. Apart from Kewell, every player though would give everything to win. Not something you see with our players.