5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

The whole ‘He’s carrying an injury which explains why his performance aren’t as bad as people say’ thing needs work

Eternitiy

He's stagnated and seems to have reached his limit. Give the guy some time off and let him recover.

He was appalling today, but how the hell he wasn't substituted is a great mystery of the world, and certainly not his fault. Ole is to blame for this.

Greenwood looks a far better and more well-rounded player at this point.

stw2022

If he isn’t playing far less football next season we have had a bad summer transfer window

Shark

@NotShark
Where would most rate him as a footballer on the European/world stage? Genuine question.

stw2022

Where would most rate him as a footballer on the European/world stage? Genuine question.
Good player. Not sure anyone with ambitions of winning major honours would be heading in the right direction if he was anything more than a squad/rotation option

Duncan the Great

To be fair, the service to the front men is rubbish, but that said there is only Cavani on the move Rashford and Greenwood are far too static and invariably they take defenders into the space around the player in possession rather than creating space for them. How many times do you see four United players with their markers in attendance tapping the ball to one another in about 8 square metres on the touch line going nowhere? Rashford was not at the races from the start tonight, time and time again he lost possession through wrong decision making and poor touches. Greenwood wasn't much better and McTominay didn't start playing until the second half, Pogba created nothing. As for the defence, we need to offload the two centre backs that played plus the cart-horse Maguire and get CB's with a bit of pace and proper heading ability which is sadly lacking at the moment.

Then of course we have the Ole conundrum. Great guy and player legend but, he's so tactically naïve and it is obvious he relies on individuals doing something special to get results and when that doesn't happen we lose or scrape a draw. The majority of teams we play especially at OT, get players behind the ball and that demands we get the ball forward quicker but we don't seem to have learnt this or been coached to do it. This season our CB's and FB's must have had more touches than any players in the Premiership, if only they could pass the ball forward to one of our own players. Tonight I counted ten sideways and back passes between our back four and then the first time the ball was moved forwards it was straight to a yellow shirt, utter garbage and not an isolated incident. When we brought Axel back from Villa I was hoping we would bid for Mings as I think they were great together albeit in the Championship however both have shown they're more than capable in the PL. but we persist with the three stooges.

Finally David de Gea, he never looked like saving a penalty tonight, he does not seem to have any form of strategy. Normally keepers improve with age but this is not the case with David unfortunately, his form has dipped dramatically, admittedly he's got an iffy defence in front of him but quite often keepers thrive in such circumstances. His shot stopping is not what it was and on numerous occasions this season we have conceded goals from crosses/corners when he should have come off his line and taken control of matters. Is he going?

lsd

The Oracle
Not his night sad he is getting abuse on twitter but have say i was thinking throughout the game fergie would have subbed him off like he did with Rooney in the champions League final when he was playing poorly.

Ole just doesn't have it in him to make those decisions. Greenwood was clearly playing better

Nori-

I'm not defending his performance tonight, I'd be first to say how awful it was but....

Lets not forget he is 23 years old, was the face of a campaign to feed our children while enduring abuse from politicians and right wing media.

Has recently broken up with his long term girlfriend apparently.

All while trying to maintain being one of our best players. Not easy for a 35 year old professional let alone 23 year old Rashford.

Saying all that I hope he clears his head next season and people around him step up and let him focus on his football.

Swiss_Red89

I'm a big fan and i agree he was really shit tonight. Big game, shit game. I hope he can make England proud during the next 4-5 weeks and has a break until next season.

feck the haters, i for one love and support you Marcus

AshRK

That was a martialesque performance. Big fan of his but he should be ashamed. The fact that he stayed for 120 mins shows how clueless our manager is.

tjb

Let's be honest here. As much as injury has saddled him a bit, I'm not really sure him at his best and most consistent would ever have been enough to be a surefire starter, in the same way Sterling isn't. I don't think he's better than Sterling or Sane or Mahrez. He offers something, but he can't be relied upon. I believe Rashford was a star in the early 19-20 season, but only because of the lack of quality we had in attack at the time. Same thing with Martial. We've improved significantly over the last year in that regard and now the inconsistencies that led to us barely scoring any goals between August 2019 and January 2020 is being exposed in both his and Martial's games. Unfortunately, the media has already given him a superstar status which he never really earned, simply for the fact that he was the one shining beacon in a team that were actually mediocre at best. The team is no longer at that level anymore, and even a young player like Greenwood can go toe to toe with him now.

One issue people never really seem to be honest about is, Marcus has never been consistently great for us, even in that peak 19-20 season. He turned up hot in a few big games where he had space to exploit, but for the most part, he was part of a unit that struggled to win any game at all if we didn't have a penalty. He looked like a superstar playing next to Daniel James, Pereira and Martial. But look at the status of those names now

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
There was a thread asking non United fans where they ranked Rashford.
I commented Lukaku's and Gab Jesus' was his level. Someone replied with laugh emoji.
Now the situation seems to allow me to be more honest: Rashford level is below Jesus and Lukaku ... :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was the worse player on the field. He needs competition. And Ole needs to drop him. It was pathetic how he lasted 120 minutes.

el3mel

There was a thread asking non United fans where they ranked Rashford.
I commented Lukaku's and Gab Jesus' was his level. Someone replied with laugh emoji.
Now the situation seems to allow me to be more honest: Rashford level is below Jesus and Lukaku ... :lol:
On form he's definitely on the same level of Jesus if not better. Problem with Rashford is not that he's shit. It's that he has been managed horribly by Ole who made him completely immune to being subbed off or benched. He feels no competition for his position whatsoever.

We have seen Rashford on top of his game and when he's, he's phenomenal. Unfortunately we have managed his time in the team horribly and we are now paying the price. He should have been treated like the rest of the team, plays when in form and benched when he's off form or not fully fit, but Ole is way too scared to take him out regardless of his fitness or form, it hurt him an hurt us.

As for Lukaku, hard to compare. Completely different players. Lukaku is pretty damn underappreciated by United fans just because of ridiculous principles. He's definitely at least top 10 among strikers in the world at the moment. Maybe he wasn't suited for us, I criticized him myself here during his second season, but that doesn't make him actually a shit footballer in general as many United fans want to believe. Inter suited him more than us, that's all.

UnitedRepublic

That was a martialesque performance. Big fan of his but he should be ashamed. The fact that he stayed for 120 mins shows how clueless our manager is.
You say Martial esque but truth be told Martial is great at holding the ball and not losing it his problem this season has been scoring he’s the Anti-Rashford

jackal&hyde

I was very angry through the match with him as well as with our lack of options to make a change. Thing is, we know he has been playing though an injury and needs an operation. Terrible timing to have the Euros now but hopefully he can come back for next season fit as we haven't seen the real Rashford for some time now.

Our poor squad options have made us run the boy in to the ground.

Highfather_24

Absolute rubbish.

Needs a long rest/surgery/therapy whatever. Looks a shadow of his former self.
Said it few games back, and folks here got very triggered and started insulting me, but needs saying again...Rashford doesnt deserve to play in our XI on current form. Needs to introspect and sort this out ASAP.

bucky

He clearly didn't look fit again, which isn't surprising. I find it difficult to judge him based on that. It's more so on Ole, make the call to leave him out and bring him on for penalties, if we need him. But playing him for 120 minutes, with his apparent injuries, was bonkers.

SAFMUTD

Worse performance I've seen from a United player in a final. Besides scoring his penalty he was totally shit, lost count on how many balls he lost and how many times he didn't tracked back after losing it.

He seems untouchable by Ole, I still can't believe Greenwood went out after having a good game to keep Rashford, it's beyond my understanding.

SAFMUTD

disgraceful form he's been for the last, what, 3 months?

I'm guessing he's carrying an injury again and it's not his or anyone elses fault
How is not his or anyone elses fault? If he's injured then its on Ole for selecting him knowing he's injured and can't perform.

SAFMUTD

I'm not defending his performance tonight, I'd be first to say how awful it was but....

Lets not forget he is 23 years old, was the face of a campaign to feed our children while enduring abuse from politicians and right wing media.

Has recently broken up with his long term girlfriend apparently.

All while trying to maintain being one of our best players. Not easy for a 35 year old professional let alone 23 year old Rashford.

Saying all that I hope he clears his head next season and people around him step up and let him focus on his football.
Wow must be hard on him, didn't knew he was struggling with pretty much first world problems that happen to almost everyone at that age.

The food campaign should be stoped if it's interfering with his game, admirable and everything but he's paid to perform. If he wants to be an activist then fine but then quit your football profession, don't use one as an excuse to underperform in the other.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Decision making is poor and that is what I think stops him from being elite but this is worse than that now.
His work rate is almost completely gone. I can't count the number of times you see cavani Greenwood Bruno press like crazy while rashford jogs n chills.
His first instinct is almost always to beat the man or men in front of him with a trick then use his pace.
I wouldn't sell him or anything but it is sad to see how his football has stagnated under Ole. As a club we've failed him and the manager takes the majority of the blame.

Lentwood

The single most overrated player I have ever seen at United

There’s a running joke between me, my other United supporting mate and a group of our mates. For a long time we have said how bad Rashford is and as usual, as is the only partial defence with him, we get a few stats thrown at us and the usual “world class talent” garbage.

Last night, with it being a European final, a few of these lads actually watched us play. Within an hour i’m not kidding three of the lads went “actually, having watched a full game, you two have got a point about Rashford!”

This has always been my argument. If you only watch MoTD or you’re a supporter who “half-watches” our games whilst doing something else, you probably don’t get why he is criticised so heavily. If you do watch our games closely and you see his constant poor touches, the way he overruns the ball time and time again, the five wild efforts every game, the bottling the headers, the inability to make a simple pass, the fact every attack breaks down around him, the lack of control in tight areas, the total uselessness of his left foot and his lazy, entitled, sulky attitude then you’re going to see him for what he is - a bog-standard PL winger who could easily be playing for Southampton, Everton or Wolves.

gajender

If his injuries are seriously impacting his performances as it seems then he along with United's and England's management needs to take some tough decisions like Skipping Euros for longevity of his Career .

England have enough strength and depth to do well without him and United would also have the summer to bring reinforcements to mitigate for his prolonged absence.

Widow

He needs to understand his strengths and weaknesses. He has great pace when knocking the ball into space behind defenders but generally lacks the skill to dribble around a player though this appears to be what he tried the most.

Rio commented 'the difference with Mbappe is he'll look to hurt you quick when in possession while Rashford will stop the ball and look up before trying to run at you'

This is spot on! So many times Rashy puts his foot on the ball and stops play when there is space to run into. Very frustrating with a guy that can run as quick as he can

Widow

Footballers don't need constructive criticism from fans on social media.
But in today's social media strong world, they're going to get it! You can't use these platforms in the good times and not expect criticism when things go bad.

Just to be clear, I'm taking about disappointing posts regarding performance and not about some of the personal abuse that some muppets think it's okay to post.

hubbuh

They don't need fans on social media at all so what's your point?
Wasn't it obvious? The poster said constructive criticism from fans on social media is fine. I disagreed. There's nothing wrong with making inane comments of support if that's your thing, but criticising players online is pointless and inevitably turns toxic.

hubbuh

But in today's social media strong world, they're going to get it! You can't use these platforms in the good times and not expect criticism when things go bad.

Just to be clear, I'm taking about disappointing posts regarding performance and not about some of the personal abuse that some muppets think it's okay to post.
Why? Why is it normal for dimwitted fans to criticise footballers on social media and tell them they're shit? People need to grow the feck up.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Absolutely abysmal last night.

Ole needs to be blamed for not having the stones to haul him off, but Rashford also needs to have a word with himself.

That shit when he completely stops for about 2 seconds and tries to go past a player is fecking infuriating, especially when he runs straight into the defender about half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.