Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wasn’t in the game at all, I think we’re using him wrong when he plays through the middle, should be on the shoulder of the defender not coming deep.

-Supreme-

His play acting and falling over with minor contact is becoming really annoying, his touch will need to improve if he wants to play upfront particularly when space is limited.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The problem with him and Greenwood is they need a false 9 to play at an angle.

They aren't going to be central strikers in my opinion.

marktan

It's a common story with Marcus, does better against teams that leave Space in behind - struggles against deep defences because he doesn't have the ability to beat a man 1v1 regularly to make space for himself.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I love the guy but he so far from good CF it's ridiculous. So happy Martial's back next game, really needed his hold up and link up play today.
It just doesn’t play to his strengths to put him up top. Would have rather seen agree wood up there with Rashford out left in the second half.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't blame him one bit. Both Greenwood and Rashford got nothing to work with in terms of space. Back 4 and midfield were so slow to move the ball that our attackers had to recycle the ball immediately after getting it. Some of our players takes forever assessing their passing options until the only pass available is the easy one they ignored at first. It makes things impossible for our attackers.

RedStarUnited

His play acting and falling over with minor contact is becoming really annoying, his touch will need to improve if he wants to play upfront particularly when space is limited.
I thought it was just me. Every contact on him he makes it look serious. And then is fine within a minute.

OL29

He had a really poor game I thought, Gabriel shrugged him off every time he had the ball with his back to goal. Was a big part of the reason we failed to build attacks.

Devil may care

Never quite the same when he's not on with Martial, I just feel they bring the best out of each other.

Banana Republic

We love it when he puts in a tremendous effort and scores, like he did against Leipzig, but his overall play is often very poor.
Today you saw the discipline and high work rate the Arsenal forwards put in, pressing high and tight to stop us playing out from the back and assisting their own midfield to slow down and break up our midfield play.
Rashford and Greenwood by comparison, did absolutely nothing, gormlessly trotting around half heartedly, putting in zero effort.
At least Greenwood did track back a few times to help out AWB.
Marcus just gave the ball away, when he wasn’t falling over every time an Arsenal player looked at him.

Rashford’s off the ball movement and awareness is also consistently poor, even in games where he pops up and scores a great goal or two.
I really think he’s too one dimensional and limited and that his overall weaknesses are masked by performances like his sub appearance and 3 goals against Leipzig.
At 23 he should be showing signs of improvement and progression, but even despite his recent injury, we’re not seeing any.

Frank White

Wasn't long before the pitchforks are back out :D Jesus you would have thought he fluffed 5 1 on 1's and gave away the pen with some of the critiques in here.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just never got into the game.

Then again, no one did. I see the usual clichés regarding his game are back though.

archiebald

It's a common story with Marcus, does better against teams that leave Space in behind - struggles against deep defences because he doesn't have the ability to beat a man 1v1 regularly to make space for himself.
It's always been true, but the apologists tend to shower adulations and overlook this longstanding problem every time we play against a high line and he has a good game.

HowieC

It's always been true, but the apologists tend to shower adulations and overlook this longstanding problem every time we play against a high line and he has a good game.
its the never-ending story. Space behind, and if he had confidence, he usually scores.

No space, and his sub optimal touch and not-great dribbling prevents him from getting the space for a shot or to create.

Unpopular opinion, but he is a discount Vardy. Vardy scores more against the highlines of the top 6, in a comparatively worse team. Surer touch too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

its the never-ending story. Space behind, and if he had confidence, he usually scores.

No space, and his sub optimal touch and not-great dribbling prevents him from getting the space for a shot or to create.

Unpopular opinion, but he is a discount Vardy. Vardy scores more against the highlines of the top 6, in a comparatively worse team. Surer touch too.
That opinion isn't unpopular, it's just shit. Him and Vardy don't have similar play styles besides running fast in behind.

I actually thought he looked really sharp yesterday, but never got the ball as our midfield was horrific. People complaining about his touch need to realize he's never going to be some close control dribbling magician, but he excels at certain parts of the game and right now he seems to be in great form and confidence with those parts.

Maybe yesterday will show people that Martial is the real lynchpin that we miss in these games, because he's one of few that operates well in tight spaces and can win us crucial fouls up the field to get us out of the press.

Banana Republic

Still Utd fans blaming every other player apart from Rashford.
Another completely nothing performance from this lad.
No commitment, no drive or determination, slow, sloppy, terrible movement off the ball, never anticipates always reactive and slow at that, body language is awful, poor first touch.
This is not a blip, or bad form. All those elements have been in his play, even when he’s performed reasonable well, or scored goals.

LJJT

He’s been terrible the last two games and I think it would do him good to be an impact sub more than starting right now. Don’t know why they keep coming short for it and playing this tic a taca around the edge of the box when it never ever ever works

I_live_cement

Cat freak
You just know he's going to have a bad game when he does the usual stand still and pass backwards routine at the start of the match when he should be full of energy.

Frank White

Terrible performance in a terrible team performance. Literally nobody should get more than a 3 off the back of this game.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He cant play RF only Greenwood can.

I'm not blaming him but Rashford and Greenwood should be playing in a partnership with Martial behind them in a false 9.

It's too easy to defend against Rashford as a RF and he isnt going to be consistent there.

archiebald

That opinion isn't unpopular, it's just shit. Him and Vardy don't have similar play styles besides running fast in behind.

I actually thought he looked really sharp yesterday, but never got the ball as our midfield was horrific. People complaining about his touch need to realize he's never going to be some close control dribbling magician, but he excels at certain parts of the game and right now he seems to be in great form and confidence with those parts.

Maybe yesterday will show people that Martial is the real lynchpin that we miss in these games, because he's one of few that operates well in tight spaces and can win us crucial fouls up the field to get us out of the press.
Today we had Martial and Rashford both playing against a team which set up a low block with their eye solely on the counter, and it only serves to highlight the point that Rashford functions best against high lines and is mediocre to poor against teams that sit back. Always going to be an issue finding the goals when Rashford doesn't have open space to run into, which of course wasn't helped by Bruno doing his worst KDB impression.

HowieC

Still Utd fans blaming every other player apart from Rashford.
Another completely nothing performance from this lad.
No commitment, no drive or determination, slow, sloppy, terrible movement off the ball, never anticipates always reactive and slow at that, body language is awful, poor first touch.
This is not a blip, or bad form. All those elements have been in his play, even when he’s performed reasonable well, or scored goals.
Good post. Feel like he is always just a bit too slow in creating space for a pass or move due to his sub-par technique.

Look at Jota. They play roughly the same role, but he is so crisp in his touches, one touch to control the ball with one foot, the next finishes efficiently.

As long as he is in the first team, we are going to have matches where he does nothing 3/4 of the time, and occasionally score a nice goal on the counter.

The PSG goal? Frankly he was bad most of the match, and the PSG defenders stood so far off him , allowing him alotta time to turn and power through.

HowYouDoin

On his best day he is Ronaldoesque but just too inconsistent for whatever the reason. He does deserve the benefit of the doubt I feel. A lot of it could be due to the manager and no proper setup.

mewnew11

On his best day he is Ronaldoesque but just too inconsistent for whatever the reason. He does deserve the benefit of the doubt I feel. A lot of it could be due to the manager and no proper setup.
Please don't undervalue ronaldo.

HowYouDoin

Please don't undervalue ronaldo.
Im not. Rashford on his good day is unplayable.
But he is inconsistent. Looks like an average player sometimes and then he has games when he looks brilliant. He doesnt have to be Ronaldo, I would be happy if he was as consistent as Son for example. He should be that level player. Son, Mane, Salah at his best...with consistency that should be Rashford too.
He is below them cuz he simply isnt consistent enough.

3KDré

Im not. Rashford on his good day is unplayable.
But he is inconsistent. Looks like an average player sometimes and then he has games when he looks brilliant. He doesnt have to be Ronaldo, I would be happy if he was as consistent as Son for example. He should be that level player. Son, Mane, Salah at his best...with consistency that should be Rashford too.
He is below them cuz he simply isnt consistent enough.
He is also only 23. None of the players you mentioned were consistent at that age, most forwards aren’t.

Renegade

It bothers me when people bring up Martial and Rashfords age constantly. I understand they’re young and of course are still developing. However we pay these guys World class/Best forwards in the world wages. Is it wrong to expect consistency with that?

macheda14

It bothers me when people bring up Martial and Rashfords age constantly. I understand they’re young and of course are still developing. However we pay these guys World class/Best forwards in the world wages. Is it wrong to expect consistency with that?
Yes. The fact that the club pays them stupid money can’t make them older and more experienced.

HowYouDoin

Yes. The fact that the club pays them stupid money can’t make them older and more experienced.
At 23 and 24 respectively they are in their prime years. They are not young players anymore and they have played plenty of games too.
Young player is someone like Greenwood. Not Rashford or Martial.

oses14

Supports
FC Dallas (USA, hardly tho)
Rashford MBE’s performance recently has declined a little with the rest of our team but he still stands out just a little bit more than the others. Hoping once the boys pick up there form that energy feeds to him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They have plenty of experience, they are vets by now. It's not an excuse for either of them. Martial had maybe the benefit of the doubt last season (by very few like myself) having to adjust to a new position, but neither of them can use lack of experience anymore, and neither should the fans at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.