5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bondsname

What a fantastic hattrick, I honestly thought he would struggle for a few more years to get one and was pissed off when Martial took the penalty, but he still managed to get that third goal. Really proud to have Rashford in our team.

sillwuka

Marcus is a big game player who can be relied upon.

When we were linked to Sancho so many fans thought Rashford would just drop to the bench just like that. I wouldn't swap the two if we had the opportunity.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In a hypothetical world 11, the inclusion of "said" player in the 1st X1 or 5 man bench, is not highly contentious within the wider footballing community/fandom.
example, we may not agree on the exact starting eleven, however some may have Kane as their 9 others may have Lewandoski however either/or will do and none of the Lewa/Kane stans will feel like they have been hung dry by the selectors choosing the other striker.
Another example, some may prefer a prime Phillip Lahm as Rb, others may champion Dani Alvez, yet neither are highly contentious. You would be happy with either.
A “world XI” never works as a way to define world class because you can have lots of world class players in the same position at the same time. Are there only two world class goalkeepers playing football right now?

KennyBurner

Brilliant hat trick for him. The fact those deluded Germans thought they could play away and press us with 3 players consistently made it easier for us in the second half. I’m also glad Marcus exposed the best young center back of all time according to social media. Wish there were fans available to witness this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In a hypothetical world 11, the inclusion of "said" player in the 1st X1 or 5 man bench, is not highly contentious within the wider footballing community/fandom.
example, we may not agree on the exact starting eleven, however some may have Kane as their 9 others may have Lewandoski however either/or will do and none of the Lewa/Kane stans will feel like they have been hung dry by the selectors choosing the other striker.
Another example, some may prefer a prime Phillip Lahm as Rb, others may champion Dani Alvez, yet neither are highly contentious. You would be happy with either.
Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Pirlo, Vidal and few more all played at awesome level at same time, who wasn't world class in that set ?

Lahm, Dani Alves, Maicon were great players around 2010, who among them are not world class?

Ignoring freaks like Ronaldo and Messi, we had players like Zlatan, Rooney, Drogba, Villa, Torres, Eto'o around same time, which player wasn't world class?

Your first 11 + 5 subs is too narrow detention IMO.

GueRed

Not only talented
His Mentality is fecking up there!

He's improved as a player every year (even during the Mourinho years)

Hard worker, focused, driven and empathetic. An intelligent young man

Mason and the academy lads should look up to

And some posters were arguing with me that Sancho is worth more than him. Rashford is easily worth 2x more him any day (not that we would ever sell)

Such a brilliant player, he’ll be crucial to our success this season. Think he will hit 30 plus this season.
Come on now, that's just not true. They're worth about the same and they are about as good as each other. That's why they would fit so well here.

Rashford will never be valued highly either because nobody will try to buy him, everybody knows hes playing for his boyhood club and will never leave. Same thing used to happen with Scholes and Giggs, and with Messi. Value only goes up when there is demand.

Stacks

A “world XI” never works as a way to define world class because you can have lots of world class players in the same position at the same time. Are there only two world class goalkeepers playing football right now?
If you look carefully what I said, that still works. You can have multiple world class players in one position in my example. The point is that the inclusion of one of these players would not be contentious. There may be 5 world class GK and it still stands. If I was to choose ONE of those 5 in the selection, it isn't contentious because they are all world class and so on.....

CG1010

7 goals in 9 appearances is a great start to the season for him. I wish he stays fit for the entire season and gets us 30+ goals. He (and martial) can really define our season.

Stacks

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso, Pirlo, Vidal and few more all played at awesome level at same time, who wasn't world class in that set ?

Lahm, Dani Alves, Maicon were great players around 2010, who among them are not world class?

Ignoring freaks like Ronaldo and Messi, we had players like Zlatan, Rooney, Drogba, Villa, Torres, Eto'o around same time, which player wasn't world class?

Your first 11 + 5 subs is too narrow detention IMO.
They all qualify. The point is if you choose one over the other it wouldn't be contentious. Basically all those players would be worthy of a hypothetical world 11. It's not that you have to limit your selection to 15 players per se, it's more that these individuals would not look out of place in a hypothetical world 11. Maybe I should leave out the subs thing cos it's confusing. Using my example all the players you listed could qualify as none are contentious.

EDIT: I actually didn't rate Xabi Alonso as world class personally

Last edited:

KennyBurner

That pass he made back to Fred for the 4th goal was marvelous. It completely ruined Leipzig defense. It was suddenly 3v2 because of that pass from rashford. Sometimes I forget how young he is and that with time he can develop better all round plays.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That pass he made back to Fred for the 4th goal was marvelous. It completely ruined Leipzig defense. It was suddenly 3v2 because of that pass from rashford. Sometimes I forget how young he is and that with time he can develop better all round plays.
That's the sort of decision making he usually messes up.

That match he just seemed a completely different man. He was really fired up, his brain was working over drive and his shooting was just unstoppable.

When he is in that sort of mood he's one of the best in the world. I can't believe how easily he made Upamecano look like an amateur :lol:

Jonno

Yes! I saw this, and thought the exact same. A younger Rashford, or an inferior player, makes the wrong choice, gets charged down, it fizzles back to the keeper or out for a throw-in, or they take a difficult shot on.

Peak, world class Rashford, slices them open like butter, it was so intelligent and deserved the goal.

Strelok

And you gotta notice how great his first touch was. McT literally fired the ball to his feet while he's running. It was a really difficult one but he got it with so much ease. I was quite surprised for that.
2:30 look how easy he made it.

Pace Abuser

Fecking ridiculous performance. Some of the things he was doing just lit the game up. His shooting, touch, decision making, everything was sublime.

El Zoido

He does go through periods of really poor form (even before his back injury), but he’s dynamite when he’s on it. Absolutely fantastic footballer.

Adam-Utd

He does go through periods of really poor form (even before his back injury), but he’s dynamite when he’s on it. Absolutely fantastic footballer.
As you say it's just about finding that consistency. Before his injury the penny had finally dropped but that set him back again. lets hope now this is the start of another purple patch for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And you gotta notice how great his first touch was. McT literally fired the ball to his feet while he's running. It was a really difficult one but he got it with so much ease. I was quite surprised for that.
2:30 look how easy he made it.
I don't think that pass was intended for Rashford, McT tried to play through pass to Cavani. Rashford did very well to control it and then play very good pass to Fred.

Adam-Utd

I don't think that pass was intended for Rashford, McT tried to play through pass to Cavani. Rashford did very well to control it and then play very good pass to Fred.
Yeah 100% intended for Cavani which makes the control even better.

You have to laugh really, sometimes Rashford struggles to control the ball at a stand still and then he goes and does that :lol:

it was like subbing on King Midas that night.

edcunited1878

Go on Marcus...we've all been waiting, patiently and impatiently, for you to bring it altogether most weeks...if not all of them. Go on, go on.

He turns 23 tomorrow and even though he has a lot of football playing experience, he's still a young man. If you think about it in general terms, he's a fresh uni grad. But to think that he's anywhere near the finished product emotionally, physically, and mentally is wrong. He showed his progress last year and he's getting into the groove it seems like now, just like the team as a whole.

He's had so much expected of him for what seems quite a while now, but he's just 23! And I think it's because he has shown the potential, the skill, and drive that we've seen come through the Academy. It's been exciting and frustrating, but my goodness....he is on the brink....

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Subbed on with half an hour to go in a big European game. Grabs it, no fear, no hesitation. Sent out there to kill it - and does it. Emphatically. In fact, he utterly destroys 'em.

The best part? He isn't the finished product. He'll add further strings to his bow in the coming years.

Laphroaig

Some still don't appreciate the incredible footballer he's turning into. If you thought he was overrated 2 years ago then fine but today he's so much more complete, better at everything.
Yes he can make mistakes but no one is perfect, some of our fans have lost sense of reality. Rashford is incredible
Some sense at last.

Reddevil1978

1) Video or it didn't happen :p
2) New York City
Nightmare the video camera ran out of battery after my hat-trick , missed my 50 yard no look assist as well.

Such a shame as I'm in New York next week for 5 a side soccer tournament. Looks like she won't be getting disappointed.

The Viper

What a brilliant performance from Rashy. When he is on form and converts most of his chances he's unplayable. I just hope he kicks on from here and doesn't have a bad game against Arsenal. If we are to win any silverware this season, Rashford and Martial have to be more consistent.

Strelok

Yeah it seems. That makes his touch even better I think. Can't help but to think of this, no offense to Lukaku but it was killing me watching him.

Alemar

7 goals in 9 appearances is a great start to the season for him. I wish he stays fit for the entire season and gets us 30+ goals. He (and martial) can really define our season.
He also has 2 assists (level with Pogba and Mata) - only Bruno has more (4g+4a). As such, Sir Marcus is at 1 goal contribution per appearance, and some of these appearances were off the bench

Rolaholic

Better numbers than damn near 90%+ of players in the same age range

Last edited:

Giggsy13

Happy 23rd birthday to this tremendous young man. He’s setting an example of how footballers should act and they impact they can have on and off the pitch. Now go roll back the clock and score another 2 against the gooners.

eire-red

When you look at the levels Sterling has gone on to achieve with hard work, some brilliant training and systems that play to his strengths, it shows how good Marcus can become, because he has a lot more facets to his game than Sterling.

His general play, decision making and awareness in games has improved so much. I think all that's missing is that consistency. If he can add consistency to his game then he'll go on to become one of the greats at this club.

Man Utd 0:1 Arsenal

Raven

I love the guy but he so far from good CF it's ridiculous. So happy Martial's back next game, really needed his hold up and link up play today.

Frank White

Created one of are very few chances with that fantastic pass to Greenwood. Besides that nothing really of note to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.