5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t a good game from him but just feel like if he’s on the right he needs to mix it up a bit more and act quicker. He very rarely seems to go on the outside of the player. He’s a better player than what he showed tonight.

MattofManchester

We have all the creativity in the world, but him and Martial slow down the game far too much, and dent everything.

So many touches, and then we go backwards.

spiriticon

I don't agree that he's better on the left. He's just in poor form right now, and on the right at least he has more space.

He would've been even worse on the left in that game.
Yeah he's not in great form but I feel he is more a dribbling and goalscoring threat from the left. Mind you he's getting good assist numbers from the right

He cannot play on the right wing, but that said, he’s still got something about him when he runs at defences. Must start on the left side vs Liverpool.
He has to play on the right though, because the only other alternative is Daniel James

Rajma

Having him play on the right from time to time is fine but Martial simply doesn’t warrant Rashford being put on the right. Doesn’t feel natural for him I can tell.

RORY65

It's not quite happening for him and he's definitely more comfortable on the left but it does feel as if he's close to potentially becoming a really special player, he now looks like he can beat people more easily when in the past he was reliant on his pace and now it's just about putting it together with the other attributes (decision making, finishing etc.) which we've seen enough to know that he's capable.

Silas

Don't think his poor form has anything to do with position, to be honest. He's just off the boil.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Another sulky dozy performance! Gave him one out of ten and that was for the assist.
No getting through to this boy what a privilege it is to play for Manchester United FC.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yeah he's not in great form but he I feel he is more a dribbling and goalscoring threat from the left. Mind you he's getting good assist numbers from the right
He's worse dribbler on the left, because he'll always cut on his right foot. Also, he has little space to operate, especially in those games with opposition sitting deep.

On the right he has more space and is less predictable. He doesn't look good because he's not in form, not because he's on the wrong side.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
He's playing with no confidence.
Hopefully Liverpool's high defensive line helps him out with that on Sunday.

After Sunday I'd drop him for a game or two to see how he reacts

He's worse dribbler on the left, because he'll always cut on his right foot. Also, he has little space to operate, especially in those games with opposition sitting deep.

On the right he has more space and is less predictable. He doesn't look good because he's not in form, not because he's on the wrong side.
disagree.

spiriticon

Well I think he's a better dribbler on the left. But yes he's not in form either so it doesn't help.

Either wing, he's still making important contributions.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Feel bad for him because even at the best of times the abuse he gets from our fanbase is sickening but you can tell playing out on the right just isn't natural for him at all (literally everything is opposite to what he's used to doing) to but of course many will overlook this

One of the things Ole is getting wrong at the moment, if it's deemed it's better for the team to have Martial or Pogba play from the left that Rashford should be benched with Greenwood on the right

Devil may care

Good vision and weight of ball to pick out Pogba for the goal, other than that it wasn't his night, nothing much came off for him.

Red_Aaron

He wasn't great tonight, nor was martial however these aren't the games that these players can express themselves in. Zero space in behind, doubled up on every touch and yet he still managed to snag an assist which shows there's a real maturity about him now that maybe wasn't there in previous seasons

Sunday is the game for our flyers, he'll have space in behind to exploit and I'm confident he'll punish them. He's a brilliant player our Marcus, he's gonna smash the vermin at the weekend - I can feel it :devil:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did ok for the assist but I'd expect that from most players at the top level. But he was very poor again which is a concern.

Silas

Exactly, he spends a lot of his time on the left cutting in then passing backwards once he realises there's no space. Or trying that playmaker stuff.

NinjaFletch

It's not quite happening for him and he's definitely more comfortable on the left but it does feel as if he's close to potentially becoming a really special player, he now looks like he can beat people more easily when in the past he was reliant on his pace and now it's just about putting it together with the other attributes (decision making, finishing etc.) which we've seen enough to know that he's capable.
Yeah, I think this is noticeable too. He beats players as if they're not there almost every time he gets the ball. He's guilty of doing too much at the moment and forcing it when it's not there, but I don't think we're far off that final push to all round, world class player.

Andersons Dietician

Don't think his poor form has anything to do with position, to be honest. He's just off the boil.
weirdly people make out like he didn’t learn his trade at RW and it’s some alien position to him. Personally I think he’s looked a bit more like a team player on the right and simply right now he’s just not in good form. When he gets some form I fully expect to see him scoring goals from the right and causing teams all types of problems.

Plymouth Red

Disappointing for all concerned to see him so far away from what he's capable of when on top of his game. We don't have the luxury of being able to bench him for a couple of games because all of our forwards are in a dry spell. In fact, I cannot recall a time when our attack was so unreliable and ineffective.
I do also wonder if he's in the right place mentally for an important match when he's been through a day of social media and press coverage for his non-football activities, important though they are. No easy answer to that challenge, I guess.
Let's hope he derives some benefit from the positive vibes that will undoubtedly be around the club after tonight's result.

Djemba-Djemba

He was rubbish but even then he still got the assist for the winning goal.

Even when he's having a bad game, he still can be such a threat.

spiriticon

weirdly people make out like he didn’t learn his trade at RW and it’s some alien position to him. Personally I think he’s looked a bit more like a team player on the right and simply right now he’s just not in good form. When he gets some form I fully expect to see him scoring goals from the right and causing teams all types of problems.
He's not bad on the right at all. I mean, at the end of the day when you compare today's performance to one of James usual performances, I bet many people would rather take this Rashford performance.

It's just a shame Greenwood is not having a great season to give us more alternatives.

Idxomer

I like his presence on the right, he's a bit off form now but remains dangerous and causes defenders to be on their toes all the time.

Eternitiy

I love Rashford, but I must admit he infuriated me at times today. He was so casual on the ball. He is actually reminding me of Nani slightly. Great flair and gets past players with ease, but just at times needs to keep it simple.

eire-red

Need him back on the left ASAP. Not because of any Rashford vs Martial thing, but Rashford and Shaw have a great understanding, and when Bruno drifts over they're all on the same wavelength.

Martial just doesn't have that understanding.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was poor today but still got an assist, that’s what top class attacker will give you, you can have bad day but still contribute for the winning goal aka can be the game changer. He’s done this before against Southampton too.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Barring the CL cameos, he's been off colour for a few months now. Every now and then he has his moments, but he's nowhere close to what we have seen of him before.

Maybe it's his back, and he's still not at ease with the injury. Maybe it's physical and mental exhaustion, maybe he's jaded from the responsibilities he carries both on and off the pitch, or maybe he's struggling to deal with criticism he receives for both. Or maybe it's just confidence.

The silver lining is that much like Bruno, even in poor form, he's putting up the numbers. I think he'll come back to his electric self eventually, and be unplayable on a more consistent basis. Sometimes we forget how young he is, he's got loads of time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Need him back on the left ASAP. Not because of any Rashford vs Martial thing, but Rashford and Shaw have a great understanding, and when Bruno drifts over they're all on the same wavelength.

Martial just doesn't have that understanding.
Problem with this is that our entire game gets focused to the left wing, everyone drifts over and we become very vulnerable to a counter on the right, along with our right wing being entirely useless in the attack, thus contesting space in the middle and left because teams leave the right open as Wan Bissaka alone won't do much. Put Rashford on the right, and suddenly our build up and threat is balanced on both sides of the pitch and we stop the switches of play better just because they can't overload on the other side quickly anymore.

zenith

I can see why ole plays him on the left. It provides much needed balance, in the absence of a proper right winger. Though we will need to find another solution to this problem soon enough as it nullifies the threat from rashford, which is invaluable.

Maybe we would go with James, greenwood or Mata for the pool game but as such they are all poor options for the right hand side.

Ludens the Red

I love Rashford, but I must admit he infuriated me at times today. He was so casual on the ball. He is actually reminding me of Nani slightly. Great flair and gets past players with ease, but just at times needs to keep it simple.
Yeah I don’t like this. It crept into his game under Mourinho, where he’d get the ball and literally slow down to a snails pace and start doing daft feints etc. He stopped it and now it’s creeping back in. It looks really casual and arrogant and is not effective at all.

ash_86

Coming from the right does not suit him. He needs to be moved to the left and Martial to the right.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His biggest critic. His dribbling has improved a whole level this year - it’s simpler and much more effective. Well done to him.

One of my biggest complaints about his ability remains his striking technique. Jesus Christ this kid literally can’t hit anything but a knuckleball. I’ve said this for the past year. Anytime he tries any sidefoot curl cross/shot/pass it’s absolutely atrocious. Someone needs to teach him that fundamental technique

Renegade

Coming from the right does not suit him. He needs to be moved to the left and Martial to the right.
You think the right would suit Martial?
He literally can only take any shot with the inside of his foot.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Martial’s injury may benefit him massively Sunday, but if his poor play continues, he deserves to be sat.

Kyonn

Horrible on the right but unfortunately for him he is the least horrible on the right out of him, Martial and James.

Status
Not open for further replies.