Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's horribly out of form.

That said, please stick him on the left. He's by far our best player there.

MattofManchester

It really is starting to seem like his head isn't in it anymore.

He loves this club. I don't think that's debatable.

But the work ethic and desire to perform and be the best seems to have completely departed from him.

Dan_F

He started on the left against Shef Utd and was even worse than today. People need to stop to make excuses for him.
For an hour, until he was put out of position again. It’s clearly not as simple as just putting him on the left and he’ll score two goals, his confidence is fecked.

I’d probably accept the criticism if others were playing well, but it’s clearly not a case that they’re all shit. Rashford’s level wasn’t significantly worse than any of our other players today.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
For an hour, until he was put out of position again. It’s clearly not as simple as just putting him on the left and he’ll score two goals, his confidence is fecked.

I’d probably accept the criticism if others were playing well, but it’s clearly not a case that they’re all shit. Rashford’s level wasn’t significantly worse than any of our other players today.
Yeah, agree with this. He deserves rest, and deserves to restart playing in his position, for his own good.

El Jefe

This is one of the reasons I hate the obsession with stats in the modern game. Rashford has been woeful in a lot of games this season and a couple of months ago I mentioned this in the thread but kept getting replies of "he has x number of G+A in so and so number of games".

He's been able to get away with similar performances because of goal contributions, however in recent games, he's unable to hide behind his stats so it seems worse. While I was ecstatic that he scored late winners vs PSG and Wolves, he was every bit as bad in those games as he was today.

In his defence, he is not a right forward so Ole deserves a share of the blame, but some of Rashford's decision making was borderline criminal today.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Disagree he was the standout worst performer. This is the thing, when Rashford is off form he’s an active hindrance and detriment to the team. Greenwood and Martial remain quiet but I don’t think they are as devastating to our build up phase and chance creation.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Typical RedCafe stuff. He is great talent, but he is in awful form, stop making excuses for him. The stats is not telling the whole truth. Sometimes he appears brainless.
I was also the one who thought that this year MMM attack will destroy PL. I was also caught by moment where i thought that Tony is second best no9 in league (well, Kane is Kane), that Rash is best lw in league and that Mason is a new Mbappe.
But reality once again kicked me in the head. Rashford is a pro for 6 years and despite having solid numbers this year, not that he didn't fixed his biggest flaw (decision making), he added another major flaw to his play. Bad attitude.
Neymar or Messi try to play solo but they play with their teammates. Rashford doesn't. This season i see on the pitch; team United, oppo team and team Rashford.
Reactions of Cavani and even Bruno lately tell the story how is to play with Rashford these days. Cavani who played with two big individuals (Neymar and Zlatan) never looked so pissed off like he is lately.

Red00012

I think the guy is completely burnt out.
33 appearances already and we're only half way.
Grealish in comparison only has 19 appearances. He's fresh and tearing it up.
Put him on the bench so for a month.

problem solved

RonaldoVII

Clearly needs to be played on the left and stop trying to shoehorn Martial in. Seeing as Rashford is better than Martial out wide, let Tony fight for position on the right.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Stop playing him out on the right-wing FFS. It's even worse when you consider that he's playing out there in order to crowbar Martial into the team. It's not working, period. He got 7 goals and 6 assists on the right, 6 and 3 as a centre forward and you throw him on the right.

On a broader point, it's more than a bit annoying that we're still playing our players out of position.

Dan_F

Disagree he was the standout worst performer. This is the thing, when Rashford is off form he’s an active hindrance and detriment to the team. Greenwood and Martial remain quiet but I don’t think they are as devastating to our build up phase and chance creation.
Yeah and when he then hides you end up with this current version of Martial, with zero output. Instead we get a lot of frustrations, but at least he’s inputting in most games. Against Liverpool in the FA cup he did more than Martial’s done all season because he actually tried things.

Id Imagine it’s pretty hard to be given the ball wide on the right and be expected to beat your man every time. It’s really low percentage football.

UncleBob

Can actually understand why you find this laughable, but believe me I've been more critical than of him in seasons gone by for being brainless and not picking out teammates and being a general headless chicken. Really, I even got warnings for it. I honestly saw today there are moments where he is trying to find team-mates. If anything it's probably slightly hampered his performance because his natural instinct is 'head down, beat players with pace try and cut inside and shoot'. Now he's thinking about it it looks like occasional brain freeze moments, but when he gets it together he'll be great.
:lol: when ? He literally spent the entire match making the wrong decisions.

Like below, where he had the oppertunity to pass the ball into open space for AWB, instead of just runs into two Arsenal players and loses the ball

Early into the second half there's this gem after AWB makes a tackle to allow us to counter attack:

He can easily pass the ball into open space for Cavani initially:

Decides that he'll run further with it, still has plenty of options for the pass.

Overhits it and loses the ball.

Then there's this gem when he's subbed off:

Shooting from that distance when it's 0-0 and you have other options, jesus fecking christ the decision making.

UncleBob

Yeah and when he then hides you end up with this current version of Martial, with zero output. Instead we get a lot of frustrations, but at least he’s inputting in most games. Against Liverpool in the FA cup he did more than Martial’s done all season because he actually tried things.

Id Imagine it’s pretty hard to be given the ball wide on the right and be expected to beat your man every time. It’s really low percentage football.
Pretty bizarre post given his performance today, which had nothing to do with low percentage football and everything to do with piss poor decision making.

Like the one here coming in from the left:
He can easily play in Martial

Ignores it, keeps running: The pass to Martial is still on, Martial can then either attempt to take on Luiz or it can be a one two with Rashford running into space to receive the ball again and go for the shot

feck that, keeps running, there's now very little space to play the ball to anyone.

Casually gives the ball away, after ignoring every option to pass the ball

Arsenal instantly counter attack, and they aren't that far away from Pepe being one on one against De Gea, fortunately AWB gets to the ball first

I thought he was solid against Liverpool in the FA cup, just an overall excellent balance between picking the right moment for when to pass the ball and when to go for it on his own.

Then there's today, which is just an epic shitfest of bad decisions. It has nothing to do with where he plays, and everything to do with his decision making abilities, which is pretty fecking shit more often than not.

Tapori

Pretty bizarre post given his performance today, which had nothing to do with low percentage football and everything to do with piss poor decision making.

Like the one here coming in from the left:
He can easily play in Martial

Ignores it, keeps running: The pass to Martial is still on, Martial can then either attempt to take on Luiz or it can be a one two with Rashford running into space to receive the ball again and go for the shot

feck that, keeps running, there's now very little space to play the ball to anyone.

Casually gives the ball away, after ignoring every option to pass the ball

Arsenal instantly counter attack, and they aren't that far away from Pepe being one on one against De Gea, fortunately AWB gets to the ball first

I thought he was solid against Liverpool in the FA cup, just an overall excellent balance between picking the right moment for when to pass the ball and when to go for it on his own.

Then there's today, which is just an epic shitfest of bad decisions. It has nothing to do with where he plays, and everything to do with his decision making abilities, which is pretty fecking shit more often than not.
Well spotted but it is the case with all of our attackers.
Poor decisions.

Tapori

He and United wont get anywhere if he and his teammates continue to make poor decision after poor decision on the attack.
It's getting beyond a joke now at how much our attackers ignore those around them.
Wonder what Mason,Marcus and Martial think of the link-up play of Yorke and Cole or the 08 frontline.
Can we just train them together vs 8 players and drill them into actually spotting each other. It's becoming frustrating.
Good positrons, Terrible decisions. This sums up our attacking poor form.

Lassitude42

Head down, dribble till you lose it. Why beat a man when you can try to beat 3-4 and lose the ball every time? He overdribbles it 3-5 times every game

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Being racially abused on socials tonight. Incredible. I really despise this world and a section of our fanbase.

It's time Twitter stepped up and banned these anonymous accounts.

shahzy

He's only effective in a counter attacking system where he can be a pace merchant. I've said it for years. It's not a negative, it just is what it is. Either play games in that fashion or if we don't want to set up like that then there's no point playing him

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He still putting up big numbers this season..again. I think he has 15 goals already and only Bruno have more (16). However, I think he needs a rest. Looks drained last 4-5 games now plus playing through injury.

He’s much more of a threat on the LW and I really hope we sign a RW in the summer so Martial/Rash can split on the LW. Or even better - sell Martial and buy a new LW Also.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We badly need a proper right winger to stop playing rashford there.

This experiment of pogba on the wing and rashford right needs to stop ASAP.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Hes worryingly bad but at the same time overrated on this forum.
He should not be the main striker.
Hes not good enough

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How long has it been now ?
Last genuine was Nani / Valencia which is bonkers really. I guess mata had his moments but it’s rarely been a place I’ve felt confident about.

Rashford has his moments but he just makes such odd decisions at times. I thought he should have shot when he passed to Cavani, then he tried to shoot when he should have passed instead.

Steven-UK

He is not good enough, never was never will be, no football intelligence. He is all instinctive bluster which occasionally produces the spectacular in certain circumstances, you play football with your head, not with your feet. Ole has done a great job with the deadwood, biggest challenge coming with him and Martial, SAF would not have given it a second thought, our attack is killing us with repetitive offsides, shit interplay, lack of box instinct and missed chances. Ole knows that, we tried to sign haaland, sancho and eventually signed Cavani, we are going to have to endure it for the rest of the season but to progress Rashford and Martial are not good enough for our attack.
100%

I'd bet Cavani can see immediately why United have won nothing of note over the last 6 years since he started playing with Rashford and Martial.

Rashford's decision making is costing us games.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was excellent against Liverpool and terrible the last two games. That's been his season, very inconsistent - which makes him the best of the 4 strikers.

For the big chance today, I think he was right to try and avoid the inevitable block, but he messed up after that.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He has been in the XI team for a few years already. Decision making has been poor, how can he make poor decision in a whole game? It baffled me? Can't he muster a good half? Rashford probably thinks he is a savior to this club so he shoot from impossible angle, takes on one too many. I Still think he plays better than Martial who has done anything. Move Rashford back to the left and time to play Diallo. This kid really has what it takes. Know how to play, where to pass.

meamth

That one early on when Cavani was pissed.

How hard it is for a pro player like Rashford to use his favourite foot to make a far post cross?

Just a cute in swinging cross to Cavani, got a lot of time!

Ludens the Red

Why? The players waiting behind him aren't doing it either. Rashford has 16 goals.

Rashford has been moved to the right and it's ruining him.
Bruno n Rashford have 10 more goals than next best in squad.

Why has Rashford been moved to the right to accommodate a player who isn't scoring anywhere near as much as he is.

It's not an excuse. Rashford is very clearly much better from the left. Liverpool last weekend showed that. He was great.
It’s ok, you can call out Ole on this. Nobody will judge you for it. You don’t need to beat around the bush about it.

Sir Marcus

I'm almost certain that Rashford will play his way out of this form and I never seem to think he plays as badly as others do, the right forward position in our team is proving to be a huge issue though..

Amad played well today and there's seems to be some promising noises coming out from the club re him so hopefully he may be able to make an impact there? The balance isn't quite right at the moment and it's stifling our play so it would be a great help and would be a good boost at a time when we're struggling for form compared to the last few weeks - nothing like a new young whirlwind talent breaking through to perk everyone up again!

Rashford should be playing on the left.

ShinjiNinja26

He simply isn’t suited to be playing on the right hand side. I don’t know why we are making him play on the right when it clearly doesn’t suit him just to accommodate Martial who is clearly out of form, especially when Rashford has been our most productive forward this season.

RedDevil@84

Ole is being a complete jacka** by trying to force Rashford on the right. Rashford is crap on the right. And there is absolutely no need to put Rashford on the right to accomodate non-performing Martial.

Not that he is doing a great job otherwise. His nonsensical dribbling for everything and trying to run through players and appalling decision making is hurting the team. If he needs physical rest, give him that. If his brain is elsewhere, give him time to sort that out.

Yes, he still makes some good runs and still does a lot of hard work occasionally, But we need goals and opportunities. Feckin around and trying hard is not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.