Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So far this season Greenwood has looked the sharpest of the front 3 but Rashford comes in second with Martial easily the most off the pace of the three

2 goals in as many games though is encouraging when looking for Rashford to get back to his pre injury form

KennyBurner

Great goal from him but that wasn’t a good performance at all. He keeps coming towards Shaw for a pass only to receive it and eventually pass backwards. I don’t know if it’s him or the coaching but he isn’t performing very well when we are building from the back. He only ever excels during a counter attack but he has to be more than that. Needs to do better with possession.

Dve

Also without his goal, he had a better game today than against Palace. Looks to be on the right track, which is absolutely crucial for us.

Devil may care

Looked sharp today, took his goal brilliantly and nearly had another and an assist, good to see him picking up.

Woziak

Looked sharp today, took his goal brilliantly and nearly had another and an assist, good to see him picking up.
Totally agree he was very good with Greenwood against Luton we need 75 PL goals from front 3 plus Bruno and DVB and we’ll be ok

Tiber

He has looked like a shadow of his former self for quite a while now, but today was defiantly an improvement!

-Supreme-

So Rashford isn't injured after all, hopefully we don't use this excuse again when he has a bad game next time.

Players are allowed to have bad form, it can be quite tiresome seeing so many excuses come up for some of our players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
feck it, he should have passed it to Bruno when he had that chance. He took 2 more touches before taking the shot.

Imagine if he has missed it .

kiristao

The chance he scored, I think. I believe the suggestion is that he should have passed it. Bizarre. Personally, I enjoyed the goal.
Could have passed it to Martial to be fair who was wide open but had the confidence to score so fair play to him.
Also looked a lot better after he scored the goal so it's a good thing he was selfish there

Bondi77

Good to see him pick it up, he was in danger of losing his place to Sancho but all is good again :)

POF

The goal he got was really encouraging, mainly because he actually ran in behind. That sort of run has been missing from his game since his injury.

Some encouraging signs but the 2 offsides were really sloppy. He gained no advantage at all by being offside and it was just carelessness. Harsh to say but it cost the team 2 goals in the end.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
That goal was ridiculous really. Sat the bloke down twice. I can see him becoming the main striker by the end of the season if he stays fit through this period.

feck it, he should have passed it to Bruno when he had that chance. He took 2 more touches before taking the shot.

Imagine if he has missed it .
Are you seriously criticising a good goal that he scored, saying he should have passed?

Good to see he’s getting back into form. Still not there, but it’s progress.

Raven

That goal was ridiculous really. Sat the bloke down twice. I can see him becoming the main striker by the end of the season if he stays fit through this period.
At his best Rashford is a near world class inside left forward but and absolutely terrible striker. I can't imagine a situation where he ends up our main striker.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Are you seriously criticising a good goal that he scored, saying he should have passed?

Good to see he’s getting back into form. Still not there, but it’s progress.
Well, not exactly a criticism but he can get better. He took too time on that. Remember the ball still hit the defender before it hit the net. Bruno was actually free the very first time he took the defender out. Yes, everything worked out well and its a great goal. If he had missed it, he would be hanged now.

The Original

I think Martial and Rashford should be alternated in left-wing and cf. Martial has better hold up play and dribbling but simply won't run off the defender's shoulders. Rashford makes those runs all the time and is considerably faster.

I, therefore, would suggest using Martial as the left winger against defensive teams as his dribbling will be crucial in creating chances whereas his lack of runs in behind will slow the play and lead to aimless recycling of the ball against a crowded defence.

Frank White

The chance he scored, I think. I believe the suggestion is that he should have passed it. Bizarre. Personally, I enjoyed the goal.
The fact he said Bruno makes me think he's talking about another chance because for Rashford's goal Bruno was miles out but if he is jesus christ we're at a point we're we are moaning about goals being scored now.

Edit: nevermind he was.....

Handré1990

Looked a little timid initially, though I think it has to do with the impression he left before his injury. Grew into the game, and looked very good after the goal I thought. We really need Marcus close to his best. The goal is just ridiculous, not many can do that, as calm and collected as you like.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just about the only positive aspect start to this season is Rashford's form in front of goal. Even the off side goals he contributed to showed him to be sharp and alert, the two goals he has scored have both been top level examples of a strikers craft. Makes me feel encouraged about the next month, as the squad finds its fitness and form.

Himannv

Very good on the counter as usual but not quite as useful when we're trying to break down teams slowly. Needs to really work on that aspect of the game. He could do with making use of the overlapping fullback a bit more and work the ball around defenders with his movement and passing. Looked a bit tired at times as well so hopefully he gets up to speed fitness-wise as well.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I think Martial and Rashford should be alternated in left-wing and cf. Martial has better hold up play and dribbling but simply won't run off the defender's shoulders. Rashford makes those runs all the time and is considerably faster.

I, therefore, would suggest using Martial as the left winger against defensive teams as his dribbling will be crucial in creating chances whereas his lack of runs in behind will slow the play and lead to aimless recycling of the ball against a crowded defence.
Looks like the plan is for them to be interchangeable. That is not a bad idea as they can all be pretty competent across the front three, there was a moment against Brighton where it was obvious that Martial stretching it out left looked more comfortable and Rashford through the middle had more threat. I suspect this will be either the norm as they remain interchangeable but if we were to bring in dedicated flank players to be better than our strikers playing out wide my money is on the full shuffle to finish with either Rashford and then Greenwood preferred up front. Their channel game suits our style much more in my opinion.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And I think it was Pogba, not Bruno. Bruno was far behind that made the pass.

Brighton 0:3 Man Utd

Rinnegan240

Short cameo but I thought he was looking much more natural with his movement.

Nice bit of skill to draw the foul for Pogba's free kick goal.

Can't wait to get pre-lockdown Rashford fully back.

MattofManchester

His distribution seems to be the most improved aspect of his game since he's come back from injury. Before, I don't think I ever saw him even attempt a cross field pass.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
The goal he got was really encouraging, mainly because he actually ran in behind. That sort of run has been missing from his game since his injury.

Some encouraging signs but the 2 offsides were really sloppy. He gained no advantage at all by being offside and it was just carelessness. Harsh to say but it cost the team 2 goals in the end.
Actually the offside goal he scored after some good work by Martial, in the end Martial should have released the ball to him sooner, so it was Martial's fault in that one.

I genuinely don't even believe he wrote it, with all the recent stuff like World Smile Day and the awkward story about Lukaku, who just happens to be with the same agency, being posted on his Twitter

...but either way, it's a non-issue. Rashford is one of those who are the least of our problems and represents the club well.

Bwuk

One of the only ones who looked gutted on the pitch.

NinjaFletch

I genuinely don't even believe he wrote it, with all the recent stuff like World Smile Day and the awkward story about Lukaku, who just happens to be with the same agency, being posted on his Twitter

...but either way, it's a non-issue. Rashford is one of those who are the least of our problems and represents the club well.
I'd hope he wasn't paying someone to write that given the use and abuse the poor comma is suffering with in that post!

Either way, it's a nice gesture. The radio silence from the club captain after his horror show is striking.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'd hope he wasn't paying someone to write that given the use and abuse the poor comma is suffering with in that post!

Either way, it's a nice gesture. The radio silence from the club captain after his horror show is striking.

Andersons Dietician

It’s like he is allergic to tracking back. If I was Ole I’d sit him down and make him rewatch the match again and how many times he and Greenwood just let people run. You would think you see your team and defence is struggiling and should get back and help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.