5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

Martial has had plenty of venom thrown his way over the years, far more than pretty much any other player barring Pogba. He's just built a bit more credit towards the end of the season than Rashford has, regardless of the context.
Fact is neither have been particularly good for the last few games, just like the full team tbh but one gets criticism prefaced with "i love the guy" or "needs support" and the other is Rashbeck who's not even good enough for league 2 with the football IQ not high enough to lace his boots... And that's only on here the stuff you read on other platforms would genuinely make you hate are "fans"

Suppose this could be seen as a blessing because at least for now Martial isn't getting the venom from are "fans" genuinely fear for Greenwood when his form dips though, wonder what witty pun are lot are going to throw on him? Going with Greenford or Greenbeck.

arthurka

People still think we don't need a LW?
Sancho is a must buy we need to have competition for places and Rashford needs to worry about his place when he puts this in game after game.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fact is neither have been particularly good for the last few games, just like the full team tbh but one gets criticism prefaced with "i love the guy" or "needs support" and the other is Rashbeck who's not even good enough for league 2 with the football IQ not high enough to lace his boots... And that's only on here the stuff you read on other platforms would genuinely make you hate are "fans"

Suppose this could be seen as a blessing because at least for now Martial isn't getting the venom from are "fans" genuinely fear for Greenwood when his form dips though, wonder what witty pun are lot are going to throw on him? Going with Greenford or Greenbeck.
I think we just see what we want to see. I'm a Martial fan more so than Rashford, so I feel he has had far more vile thrown his way without the built-in love of being a local lad, while Rashford fans will see it different. They've both struggled, a symptom of the team as a whole. They both need support, Rashford from his left back and central midfield, and Martial from basically the rest of the team when he's up front. The difference is, by his position, Rashford can make things happen for himself a bit more than a striker, but he is failing so far to really make an impact. Martial's position means that if the midfield and the wingers don't have their act together, he's not going to make an impact either barring the odd moment of genius, which he is capable of at rare times.

Frank White

I think we just see what we want to see. I'm a Martial fan more so than Rashford, so I feel he has had far more vile thrown his way without the built-in love of being a local lad, while Rashford fans will see it different. They've both struggled, a symptom of the team as a whole. They both need support, Rashford from his left back and central midfield, and Martial from basically the rest of the team when he's up front. The difference is, by his position, Rashford can make things happen for himself a bit more than a striker, but he is failing so far to really make an impact. Martial's position means that if the midfield and the wingers don't have their act together, he's not going to make an impact either barring the odd moment of genius, which he is capable of at rare times.
This is the weird part for me why do fans of the same team create these weird cliques where they become fans of certain players over the club/other players that play for the same club lol? You see it with Pogba and Bruno for some they seem incapable of giving one praise without putting the other down genuinely baffling. As for the rest that's 100% fair enough.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is the weird part for me why do fans of the same team create these weird cliques where they become fans of certain players over the club/other players that play for the same club lol? You see it with Pogba and Bruno for some they seem incapable of giving one praise without putting the other down genuinely baffling. As for the rest that's 100% fair enough.
Well, I'm mainly on this forum because I follow and support French players. Although, over the years United has definitely grown on me, as well as this forum, it's not my club. You're right though, there is definitely always comparisons being made and one player is put down to raise another. It's the same on every team forum though.

Davicho

One of our biggest problems right now. No way we can trust him to be a starter the whole season at the current level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't know why everyone keeps harping on about his back injury. He missed the most recent international break due to an ankle injury which would have a lot more relevance.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't know why everyone keeps harping on about his back injury. He missed the most recent international break due to an ankle injury which would have a lot more relevance.
His form has been poor since he done his back in, not just yesterday

Banana Republic

......If he's not fully fit he shouldn't be playing, and must have played 15 matches since returning from that injury.
Correct.
If he's not fully fit, he shouldn't be playing.
If he's carrying an injury, he shouldn't be playing.
It's not as if there's a gradual improvement, because the performances have been getting worst.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fact that he has no competition and is guaranteed to start every game despite being in dismal form is worrying. He needs someone breathing down his neck looking to take his place to kick him up the ass. It's been unacceptable from him for a while now.

Seems to have lost a yard of pace and a bit of tenacity too.

He'sRaldo

Mate you're doing the same thing right now. Moaning about Martial in Rashford's thread.

SAFMUTD

That's the thing, read this thread then go read Martial's who was no better yesterday and the difference is staggering.
The criticism is not just about this last game, he's been poor for a while now. Martial has a great end of the season, its only logical the criticism wont be the same.

Frank White

Mate you're doing the same thing right now. Moaning about Martial in Rashford's thread.
:rolleyes: How was anything I said about Martial considered "moaning" literally just asked why one's getting thrashed for a albeit bad performance in a a bad team performance and the other is avoiding the same criticism yet doing nothing to justify it?

Highfather_24

His performances have been atrocious post lockdown. Cant dribble, cant keep the ball, cant create chances, cant score. He is not even taking players on anymore. He doesnt even have the workrate he used to have. I think its mental more than ability.

Needs to be dropped asap. But ofcourse, we dont have any backups.

Water Melon

Can we not play James on left wing if Rashy is not fully fit? It really is crazy that after having bought Dan we have been playing him on the wrong flank. Our coaching team has an impressive ability of buying certain players that are perfectly squared pegs to be fit in round holes. James is played on the right, Maguire is supposed to be efficient in high defensive line, Lindelof who is awesome at stepping back from an attacker is supposed to partner Harry there. AWB is a defensive fullback who, in theory, is key to providing width and assisting to our attackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can we not play James on left wing if Rashy is not fully fit? It really is crazy that after having bought Dan we have been playing him on the wrong flank. Our coaching team has an impressive ability of buying certain players that are perfectly squared pegs to be fit in round holes. James is played on the right, Maguire is supposed to be efficient in high defensive line, Lindelof who is awesome at stepping back from an attacker is supposed to partner Harry there. AWB is a defensive fullback who, in theory, is key to providing width and providing assists to our attackers.
Glad somebody else can see it. James did well on the left when Rashford was out, he's horrendous down the right though. Tbh I don't think he got enough to his game anyway, but he's definitely better on the left and the option of cutting in adds another dimension anyway.

He'sRaldo

:rolleyes: How was anything I said about Martial considered "moaning" literally just asked why one's getting thrashed for a albeit bad performance in a a bad team performance and the other is avoiding the same criticism yet doing nothing to justify it?
By doing that you're pitting one against the other, which is what you complained about.

romufc

It is clear Rashford needs to be dropped. Why is Ole not realising this? Play Lingard on the left, it seems a better option until Rashford gets some form IMO.

Frank White

Wait so trying to understand why one gets criticism prefaced with love and the other told he's league 2 quality is pitting them against one another, learn something new every day i suppose.

He'sRaldo

Again didn't do that.... I asked why one's getting criticism prefaced with love and the other gets told he should be in league 2. Guess @Sayros was right we do see what we want to see huh?
That is pretty much pitting them against each other, especially if you come into Rashford's thread complaining that Martial isn't being slated.

Frank White

That is pretty much pitting them against each other, especially if you come into Rashford's thread complaining that Martial isn't being slated.
Replied with the wrong response, my bad. But again I didn't do that i came in ASKING why is it so severe in hear compared to Martial's thread. I asked why is it that level of criticism leveled at both of them isn't the same judging of the fact neither did particularly well in the game. That's it nothing more, nothing less.

RkkMan

I couldn't give a crap what you & @RkkMan & all the other newbies think.

It's not because Rashford is crap but because he has such a serious injury in his spine which effects his posture and possibly his Gait if you understood anything about medicine.

RVP talks all about how it effected his career all through out & all you "supporters" really dont give a shit do you? You really dont.

Utter rubbish of a support. Like di Maria's coronavirus spit.

Yuk.

Talking about how Sancho's passing is smooth and crisp, the guy hasnt scored a single complicated to complex goal in his bloody life that requires some significant finishing abilities and people are willing to just call Rashford overrated after such an injury and chuck him in the bin.

Go bin off you City like money like supporters. Dont talk to me.
So just because we`re newbies we can`t have an opinion? Truth of the matter is Rashford is a good player and thats it he`s not a top player you can say is top 5 ITL in his position. His stats are good but you forget his goal tally is massively over inflated by his 9 penalties. Martial and an 18yr old Greenwood in his first season have much better goals per min ratio in open play than him and even with the eye test his contribution in open play can be very inconsistent compared to the likes of Sterling, Son, Mane, Sane etc
At a top top club Rashford is a squad player not a regular starter and if complicated goals are the only thing you want to rate Sancho on then going by your logic RVN is not a top ST as over 90% of his goals came only from inside the box. If you`ve actually watched Sancho closely you`ll know he`d instantly be our best attacker if he came here

Born2Lose

Defended the guy the whole time, but I'm starting to suspect he's not going to be the top level player we hoped. He's very lacking in footballing intelligence.

He seems to think his role is to stick to the wing and play ping pong passes with the left back. His flashy flicks and tricks barely hide the fact that he contributes very little to the attacking play. I watched Liverpool yesterday and everytime Mane got the ball he was driving with intent at the fullback, working tirelessly. Mane's first goal yesterday was a perfect example of the runs Rashford should be making week in, week out, but I never see him make those runs. Opposition fullbacks must wish they could play Rashford every week.

To make the best out of a bad situation I think I'd swap Martial for Rashford, at least Rashford will be more useful as a totem pole in the middle and Martial shows a lot more directness and dribbling ability coming in from the side.

To be honest though, I don't ever watch United and feel that we benefit from having three forwards instead of two. I do wonder if playing Bruno behind a front man with free licence would be a better option than James and Rashford wide. It would possibly help make the midfield more stable too.

RedStarUnited

Defended the guy the whole time, but I'm starting to suspect he's not going to be the top level player we hoped. He's very lacking in footballing intelligence.

He seems to think his role is to stick to the wing and play ping pong passes with the left back. His flashy flicks and tricks barely hide the fact that he contributes very little to the attacking play. I watched Liverpool yesterday and everytime Mane got the ball he was driving with intent at the fullback, working tirelessly. Mane's first goal yesterday was a perfect example of the runs Rashford should be making week in, week out, but I never see him make those runs. Opposition fullbacks must wish they could play Rashford every week.

To make the best out of a bad situation I think I'd swap Martial for Rashford, at least Rashford will be more useful as a totem pole in the middle and Martial shows a lot more directness and dribbling ability coming in from the side.

To be honest though, I don't ever watch United and feel that we benefit from having three forwards instead of two. I do wonder if playing Bruno behind a front man with free licence would be a better option than James and Rashford wide. It would possibly help make the midfield more stable too.
He played there for a few months last year when Martial was out. He was even worse than he is now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rashford's issues have usually boiled down to him overcomplicating things and relying predominantly on his pace, which is a shame as I thought he was doing a tremendous job in ironing that element out of his game.

I also dont think he was poor after the break. I actually thought his performance away to Villa was one of his best rounded performances for the club. His passing seemed to improve tenfold and, importantly, he looked up. He needs to stop rushing things and play with his head up because he's now got the ability to pick a great pass now and again.

But he needs to told this. Do our coaches and Ole see this ?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Replied with the wrong response, my bad. But again I didn't do that i came in ASKING why is it so severe in hear compared to Martial's thread. I asked why is it that level of criticism leveled at both of them isn't the same judging of the fact neither did particularly well in the game. That's it nothing more, nothing less.
Because Martial has done more lately than Rashford, even if it really hasn't been the case in the last few games for either of them. But in the restart, he was the best player along with Bruno, he built more credit with the fanbase than a Rashford who has struggled coming back physically. But again, the vitriol that Martial had gotten prior to this season, and even early in this one, is some of the worst I've seen on here. The worst I've seen said about Rashford is that he might be a championship player. Martial's gone through far worse, to the point where some people questioned if he was even mentally challenged, we had body language experts trying to hinmt he might be autistic, I mean it was complete nonsense at times. It doesn't take very long to go through the Martial thread of last season or the one before to see just how bad it was for the guy.

The point is, you're only seeing what you want to see because you don't have the big picture of how Martial's been treated himself in the past or maybe you've forgotten since you joined back in 2017 where Martial's thread was far more toxic than anything you saw in Rashford's so far.

Marcus

Let me say this about my namesake. His style of play requires great athleticism. If he is not fit to that level because of injury, he shouldn't even be on the bench. If he is being told to take it easy by the coaching staff while playing a league game, the coaching staff should be fired.

Cloud7

For some reason he seems to be playing as more of a creative winger rather than what he is, a forward. I can only assume this is tactical since it's been the way he's been playing for quite some time now. He needs to get back to what he's best at, which is being direct at the goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
For some reason he seems to be playing as more of a creative winger rather than what he is, a forward. I can only assume this is tactical since it's been the way he's been playing for quite some time now. He needs to get back to what he's best at, which is being direct at the goal.
I do think he has a significant injury that will leave him out of form for a year - however you are definitely right.

Our 4231 has gotten extra deeper and wider across the front.

We saw it at the end of last season too. Bruno was so far ahead from the rest of the team playing almost as a support striker. Rashford was playing as a LM and Greenwood as a RM.

Greenwood is a kid so I think he drifts out of the tactics actually for the better of the team a bit and gets closer and inverted instead of hugging the touchline and playing deep as Rashford does.

Tony247

The blame should also be on the manager who insist on playing him every week without due diligence of opposition and rashford's strengths. Rashford can be good against attacking teams due to his pace and passes when found space. But against tight teams his ability is suddenly limited by his weak dribbling, and not finding space to run or pass. He will come out as very poor footballer which is not necessarily the fact. Against such teams he should be on bench, use as sub if required. But our manager is hell bent on playing same players regardless.

His performances have been atrocious post lockdown. Cant dribble, cant keep the ball, cant create chances, cant score. He is not even taking players on anymore. He doesnt even have the workrate he used to have. I think its mental more than ability.

Needs to be dropped asap. But ofcourse, we dont have any backups.
He wasn't exactly brilliant at that before. His technical ability leaves something to be desired. He's unplayable when he is running at space, either at a defender or in behind, and we as a team have stopped doing that. He's totally average when he's stood up facing a defence looking for ways through. He doesn't have the vision, touch or passing to create anything in that situation.

Highfather_24

He wasn't exactly brilliant at that before. His technical ability leaves something to be desired. He's unplayable when he is running at space, either at a defender or in behind, and we as a team have stopped doing that. He's totally average when he's stood up facing a defence looking for ways through. He doesn't have the vision, touch or passing to create anything in that situation.
I disagree. I was a big fan of Rashford before and used to defend him when my friends criticised him. I thought his dribbling was really good.

Then I started noticing his form after lockdown. I was watching a match with my friend one day and he was being critical of him, and I was not agreeing and then he told me "Bro just look at him everytime he gets the ball, the move will slow down/break down".

After that I saw that and realised he was right. Rashford right now is a shadow of a player he was before the injury.

Baneofthegame

If it’s his back still, he should sit out.

But he has been awful essentially for almost 6 months, he doesn’t take players on, h elite rally receives the ball deep and plays the odd pass.

He’s not making runs in behind defenders, getting into the box, it’s like he’s purposely just playing between midfield and the final third and that’s it.

Really hope he rediscovers his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.