Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

comlag

He is being fouled constantly and has had all decisions given against him. LVG should replace him because with the ref in this mood Fellaini won't be able to contribute in any way.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
They frustrated him from kick off, and he took the bait. If we take him off and we become weaker on set-pieces, and no one on the bench has any sign of form, but if we leave him on he's a walking red card offering very little going forward. Damned with him, damned without him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Our worst player in last two games, he is incredibly slow today at everything. He could also end up being sent off if they continue to buly him. Also, I don't think he complements Rooney at all, they are definitely far from great pair, we are missing pace there.

ZDwyr

Playing poorly, lucky not to get sent off. I really hate it when players grab the ball just because they think they should have a free kick. Fellaini does it all the time, to do it when you're on a yellow is moronic. Needs to be subbed.
Not sure I would go that far...
He has fouled people yes, but I don't think he should have been sent off at all.

izec

We are too dependable on him performing. Teams just attack him and the ref wont give him anything most times. Thats why he shouldnt be used every game, so many balls we give away because of that alone.

Cmz'

Pretty useless when he's not bullying opposition players or winning battles aerially, good player to have in the squad but clearly limited.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Unfortunate to be booked given that Barkley dived for it, but his first one was very rash and cynical, so you can't give him too much sympathy.

Still, he's getting nothing today. A few times he has fairly out-muscled his opposite number but been penalised.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Delighted he's gone off, it's not worth the risk. Smalling has to dominate the set-pieces in his absence now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Our worst player in last two games, he is incredibly slow today at everything. He could also end up being sent off if they continue to buly him. Also, I don't think he complements Rooney at all, they are definitely far from great pair, we are missing pace there.
:lol:

Robbie Boy

He was playing far too much like a man with something to prove against his former club. Had he stayed on, considering how this game has gone, I would say he would have seen red. He annoyed me today. He was playing like a complete idiot.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
:lol: All those games where Fellaini was great for us must have been torture for you. Happy times now tough, eh?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
It was an unfortunate game for him. The ref decided to not give him anything and he ended up getting booked after a dive from Barkley. After that he disappeared, probably so he wouldn't get sent off.

Roboc7

A lot of people jumped the gun labelling him one of our most important players and lauding him as a good signing, he has been much better but with that comes more attention from the opposition and he hasn't coped well with that in the two games where it has happened.

He has played well lately but we need to be aiming much higher and if he is playing week in week out we aren't going to win trophies same goes for the likes of young and Valencia.

Last edited:

Boycott

They wound him up. They do it to Rooney all the time. I wouldn't say he froze but right call to change it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol: All those games where Fellaini was great for us must have been torture for you. Happy times now tough, eh?
No, they didn't. I praise him when he plays well*, I criticise him when he is playing poorly. It's just that he has become one of redcafe's precious darlings that you can't say he has been bad even when van Gaal hauls him off at half time. People like you are those who made people stop posting in this thread at all because you accuse someone of hating him as soon as somene says bad word about him.

*just two games ago:
He's been great in this first half.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, they didn't. I praise him when he plays well*, I criticise him when he is playing poorly. It's just that he has become one of redcafe's precious darlings that you can't say he has been bad even when van Gaal hauls him off at half time. People like you are those who made people stop posting in this thread at all because you accuse someone of hating him as soon as somene says bad word about him.

*just two games ago:
No, it's just you who's talking utter shite if you think that he was our worst player in two games, there's nothing else I can say sadly.

ThanksBoss26

Poor as he was first half, I thin we missed him when he went off.

I can see why he was subbed, I imagine he'd have got himself sent off.

ZDwyr

Handling the ball while the opponents are on the counter?
Didn't notice it to be honest. However everyone does that, referees do not book you for it.

Anyway, thought we were worse without him. He would have been handy getting on the end of a few of Di Maria's crosses.

charleysurf

:
Claiming he was our worst player in the last 2 games shows how much respect your judgement deserves...

charleysurf

Should have just kept him on tbh, and risked him getting a red.
well, normally bringing on a striker would be a proactive move. But with Falcao this bad surely the risk of going to 10 with Fellaini would have been worth it? Going to 10 couldn't have been much worse.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Who was, in your opinion?
Maybe Valencia for being at blatant fault for two goals? Even if you measure it in first half, he's at fault for second goal, shocking marking. How was Fellaini worse than, say, Herrera, Mata or Rooney for that matter? We've been fecking shit all over the pitch.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
We were worse after he came off. Even when Fellaini ishaving a bad game, the threat that he provides gives us another dimension in our attack.

Also, if teams deliberately target him and try to send him off, the ref shouldn't be buying it so wholeheartedly.

At the moment, playing against Man United is a case of;
1. Mark Fellaini out of the game.
2. ???
3. Profit

Is it really Fellaini's fault if we are so over reliant on him that when opponents shut him down, we the rest of our players look clueless?

Leg-End

He's caught a case of Crouch-itis, where the ref will always call a foul against him because he's tall and therefore it must be his fault.

charleysurf

Is it really Fellaini's fault if we are so over reliant on him that when opponents shut him down, we the rest of our players look clueless?
Well, certainly it can't be a new realisation for VG. Surely they should be working on their tactics on the basis that Fellaini will be targeted as a key player? It was all the talk in the leadup to the Chelsea game. Maybe get Fellaini to roam into different parts of the pitch, cause their targeting to work against them?

Kag

He shouldn't have been taken off. His attempt at a finish was woeful but he was getting into good attacking positions and causing problems. The imposter we replaced him with more or less killed the game altogether.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Well, certainly it can't be a new realisation for VG. Surely they should be working on their tactics on the basis that Fellaini will be targeted as a key player? It was all the talk in the leadup to the Chelsea game. Maybe get Fellaini to roam into different parts of the pitch, cause their targeting to work against them?
I agree - but I would attribute the blame to LVG for this scenario, not Fellaini.

ZDwyr

I think he was a bit too wound up to put in a good performance and that showed in some of his challenges. He doesn't have a constant fight with gravity like his replacement though, and should not have been replaced for him.

charleysurf

I agree - but I would attribute the blame to LVG for this scenario, not Fellaini.
But that's what I'm doing here. It's up to LVG to plan for Fellaini being targeted. It can't have been a surprise to him.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good call taking him off before he was sent off as that seemed to be their plan.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
But that's what I'm doing here. It's up to LVG to plan for Fellaini being targeted. It can't have been a surprise to him.
Fair enough then, my original post was aimed that those complaining about Fellaini and saying he was one of our worst players in the last couple of games, due to the opposition specifically singling him out and man marking him.

charleysurf

Good call taking him off before he was sent off as that seemed to be their plan.
Was it a good call, considering we brought on Falcao so we played with 10 anyway, and ended up missing Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.