Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manucho the boss

Looked like more of a forearm smash than swing of the elbow. There's definite anger in his face as he extends his arms to the face. I was watching the game and a few mins earlier Allen had got the better of him in a challenge and Fellaini stayed down holding his knee, Bale refused to put the ball out and it led to some confrontations. This was a chance for Fellaini to get revenge.

Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Once again one of our better players so far (not that that is saying much admittedly). Has won the ball back several times, should have had Wilshere sent off, and has contributed in attack.

I don't think the 3-5-2 really works for Fellaini though, really he needs more of a playmaker alongside him - Herrera would be ideal I reckon.

Blue always red

We need our forwards to make runs when he gets the ball. At the min all we have is Valencia/Angel avaliable when he picks the ball up in the middle. Carrick isn't doing too much to control the rhythm either.

Ekeke

Won the ball a couple of times, easily beaten by opposition players lot more times

The best thing he did was not react too badly when Wilshire tried to butt him

Ander cant come on soon enough

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's played well, but hopefully he doesn't lose his head. He's winning all of his physical battles, but is obviously getting done when the ball is on the ground since he's no sprinter himself. Still, I think he's important to us in this game, otherwise we wouldn't stand a chance in midfield. He's one of the few who doesn't fall to pieces when he's pressed.

Sam

He can't defend for shit.

Ergo, playing him a two man midfield is stupid. As proven today. Like a knife through butter.

thejtrain

He's played well, our best player in the half alongside DDG. I don't know if that's a good thing though.

ZDwyr

He's been fine. One of our best, but yes a bad bunch. Needs Herrera in the midfield with him IMO. Get RvP off.

Devil may care

If that performance is classed as good then I give up, he's won a couple of tackles and headed the ball a few times, but he's bypassed by their players like he isn't even there when anyone runs at him, just a huge hole to run at with him and the equally slow Carrick in there together.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
If that performance is classed as good then I give up, he's won a couple of tackles and headed the ball a few times, but he's bypassed by their players like he isn't even there when anyone runs at him, just a huge hole to run at with him and the equally slow Carrick in there together.
:)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fellaini in midfield two is a disaster. As shown in the last 3 games, he's a beast in midfield three, when doesn't have specific duty at defending but have a license going forward.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Largely agree, still not convinced him at all. There was a moment when he charged towards Wilshere, who swept right passed him, leaving us incredibly exposed in midfield. His tactical awareness is very poor sometimes.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Casually gifted the ball to them again there, although to be fair he did make some effort to track back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fellaini has played decently in the last few, nothing that special. He's had more good moments than bad so far but that's it. Up to now nothing he's done has been more than 6 out of 10.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He's been alright but that mistake was terrible. I agree that he should stay on though, get Herrera on for van Persie.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yea that was a horrible backpass, glad it didn't backfire.

Thank feck he was around Gibbs when Szczesny barraged into him. Or they barraged into each other actually :lol:

Ekeke

Good play releasing the ball early for Di Maria on the counter. Wish he would do that a bit more often, but very happy he did it there

OneUnited24

Herrera offers us so much more but credit to Fellaini hes come in and done really well.

I still think Herrera is recovering from his rib injury and when hes fully fit he'll come in but Fellaini has really given us just what we've needed in the past few games.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Another very good game. Thought he was all over the shop defensively in the first half but once we got our shape, I thought he was very good, broke up play, actually looked quite composed on the ball. Very pleased with the performance.

It's still Herrera everyday of the week for me but nothing but praise with Fellaini today.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Great time to release the ball for Rooney's goal, been ok other than that, bullied Arsenal around but I'm not a fan of 2 man midfield of him and Carrick to be fair.

Give me Carrick-Herrera-Fellaini any time of the day though.

thepolice123

People are still on his back? He has done a job for us in all the big games he's played in this season. It was a good performance against Arsenal.

Raw

He was fantastic for the job he was obviously set out to do, but he's a tad slow (being next to Carrick didn't help).

But yeah, great game from him and my 2nd MOTM behind De Gea.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Good match overall with some shaky moments. His pass in the build up to the goal was perfect.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played well today.

Played to his strengths which helped him a lot.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Was awful for first 20-25 min, much like almost whole team but did grow well into game. His physical attributes are really key sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.