Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Agreed and it's equally noticeable and tiresome on the caf when people equate criticism of a player with "hate" which I've also noticed over the last two of three years.
Oh dear god, yes. You're a 'hater' unless you laud every player in the squad with constant praise. It's pathetic.

@Cheesy Completely agree with your sentiments. People are far too defensive about certain players.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He was everywhere on the pitch and whenever they had the ball, he hustled them like a pitbull. Jose has done a good job on him so far

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fellaini, from the human shit on a stick to better than Roy Keane in two games. Jose must be a genius. Of course Van Gaal laid the ground work.

Sid234

Fellaini's been booed at OT on more occasions than any other United player I can remember.

And he's been carrying the 'David Moyes signing' baggage on his shoulders since that deadline day transfer.

But gotta give him credit for the mental strength to keeping fighting for a place despite two new managers, one of whom was a possession football nut and still managed to remain relevant in the 1st team plans. While we had someone like Di Maria, who came, didn't like the challenge he faced and ran to PSG the very next season.

Clearly, LvG and Mourinho see something in Fellaini, and he's more than just Moyes' battering ram from Everton. He was also linked to a move to us when Fergie was still in charge.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Fellaini, from the human shit on a stick to better than Roy Keane in two games. Jose must be a genius. Of course Van Gaal laid the ground work.
Not one single person has said that though.

Pointless post.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, it's not all that huge gap between what we have seen last season/first season under LVG and now. It's just people like dichinero, iKeano and MThomas too busy shitposting in this thread 24/7 with cliche childish abuse and boring regurgitated bullshit instead of actually watching the games.

jojose

Like everybody else, I think he’s started well. I thought I would have read of this thread. I was skimming through posts until I came across talk of a comparison between Fellaini and Roy Keane. Wow! I’m out.

Mihai

I've said from day one that he will be an important player under Jose.

If he plays deep, wins posession and distributes the ball, use less his elbows and more his brains, than he will play more than some of us think.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't understand how his rating on here was a flat 5 prior, then jumped to a flat 6 when lots complainted over the low score, and so far remained at an exact 6, while it seems all other players performance's have decimals, aka Valencia at 7.1, Mata 6.3 etc, is his performance score being internally capped and determined? or am I looking too hard for a conspiracy?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't understand how his rating on here was a flat 5 prior, then jumped to a flat 6 when lots complainted over the low score, and so far remained at an exact 6, while it seems all other players performance's have decimals, aka Valencia at 7.1, Mata 6.3 etc, is his performance score being internally capped and determined? or am I looking too hard for a conspiracy?
The rating is inherently flawed since people have a different measure of what's average. For me a player starts with a 5 and can go up or down from there. If you're around a 7 you're consistently good in my book.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I just want to get something of my chest, i've had an irrational hatred for Fellaini ever since we where linked with him when Moyes took over.

Everything that has happened since has only increased my annoyance with the fact he is a Man United player, he wasn't the player we needed when we signed him, we ended up paying over the buyout clause...... he just represented everything that went wrong that summer and with Moyes over all reign. But the main point when it began to make me actually angry to see Fellaini on the team sheet was the second half of the 2014/15 season when Fellaini basically became the focal point of our attack, instead of plan B, hoofing it up to Fellaini became plan A, we had become a Sam Allardyce style team, it was depressing to watch, (even if it did get us top 4). Me and my mates i generally watch the games with even ended up playing drinking games where every time we hit a long high ball to Fellaini we had to drink, we always got trashed in the first half.

So Ive been desperate to see Fellaini sold just so the chances of us playing the style of football would stop, but the last few games have started to change my mind, he has been used as a player, he has looked like he is part of the team, not just a player bunged in because he can get a good knock down.

I still have doubts whether a Fellaini/Pogba partnership can workout as i feel neither of their natural games is to protect the back four, but if i see Fellaini's name on the team sheet agaisnt Hull i might only sigh out of habit, and for me personally thats progress.

Last edited:

sergiosigurvinson

I just want to get something of my chest, i've had an irrational hatred for Fellaini ever since we where linked with him when Moyes took over.

Everything that has happened since has only increased my annoyance with the fact he is a Man United player, he wasn't the player we needed when we signed him, we ended up paying over the buyout clause...... he just represented everything that went wrong that summer and with Moyes over all reign. But the main point when it began to make me actually angry to see Fellaini on the team sheet was the second half of the 2014/15 season when Fellaini basically became the focal point of our attack, instead of plan B, hoofing it up to Fellaini became plan A, we had become a Sam Allardyce style team, it was depressing to watch, (even if it did get us top 4). Me and my mates i generally watch the games with even ended up playing drinking games where every time we hit a long high ball to Fellaini we had to drink, we always got trashed in the first half.

So Ive been desperate to see Fellaini sold just so the chances of us playing the style of football would stop, but the last few games have started to change my mind, he has been used as a player, he has looked like he is part of the team, not just a player bunged in because he can get a good knock down.

I still have doubts whether a Fellaini/Pogba partnership can workout as i feel neither of their natural games is to protect the back four, but if i see Fellaini's name on the team sheet agaisnt Hull i might only sigh out of habit, and for me personally thats progress.

sergiosigurvinson

The most important characteristics of Fellaini are his loyalty to the coach and to the team. He will do things not suited for him at all just to help the coach and the team. A few days ago Mourinho asked him if he could still go on, he replied 'That is entirely up to you coach'. That means you decide and I won't complain no matter what the decision is.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't see why the Leicester game ratings should effect the overall average ratings... it's a glorified friendly that doesn't really matter.

prath92

We didn't play hoof ball football in the second half of 14/15.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think most agree we played some of our best football under LvG around that time.
thats becuase we scored the most points, people are very forgiving over style if you are succesful, but it was exactly the type of football that sam Allardyce is famous for.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
thats becuase we scored the most points, people are very forgiving over style if you are succesful, but it was exactly the type of football that sam Allardyce is famous for.
We sure did play some attractive football. It wasn't anything super special but City conceded 4 against us back then, including Fellaini's goal. Mata's flying scissor kick goal after Di Maria's chip against Pool probably sums up perfectly that period. Around March we were able to score more than two goals, the style was quite promising.

Sam Allardyce... :lol: that made my day for today.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We sure did play some attractive football. It wasn't anything super special but City conceded 4 against us back then, including Fellaini's goal. Mata's flying scissor kick goal after Di Maria's chip against Pool probably sums up perfectly that period. Around March we were able to score more than two goals, the style was quite promising.

again just cos you score goals and some good ones i agree, doesn't mean your game plan wasnt centred around booting the ball long to fellaini.

Players have scored some great goals in sam allardyce teams, doesn't mean his main tactic isn't hitting the ball long to a big man.

Shark

@NotShark

For four games. It was more a fluke than anything if LVG's reign is anything to go by.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
again just cos you score goals and some good ones i agree, doesn't mean your game plan wasnt centred around booting the ball long to fellaini.

Players have scored some great goals in sam allardyce teams, doesn't mean his main tactic isn't hitting the ball long to a big man.
I totally get that analogy to Sam but LvG had just a bit more to offer in a tactical field but yes, team was still infected with Moysey's simplex understanding of attacking football. The season after he had no good excuses, though.

For four games. It was more a fluke than anything if LVG's reign is anything to go by.
Except Mourinho's Chelsea we were able to win almost all clashes with stronger opponents. Huge fluke if so... a false dawn, nonetheless.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

What? we dominated City in posession, we dominated Chelsea in possession and dominated the victims at their own ground in that few game stretch, you don't do that hoofing the ball up in the air as plan A. :confused:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The most important characteristics of Fellaini are his loyalty to the coach and to the team. He will do things not suited for him at all just to help the coach and the team. A few days ago Mourinho asked him if he could still go on, he replied 'That is entirely up to you coach'. That means you decide and I won't complain no matter what the decision is.
go on where?

Jaybomb

Arsene Wenger called him a quality player and said he would be welcomed at the Emirates.

That's Jose, Wenger, LVG, Moyes and Wilmots who all think he's quality. But obviously armchair coaches on Twitter know better than these guys.

Boycott

I was quite happy with his signing as the Fellaini of Everton was a strong performer. Not aesthically pleasing, not technically great (though he's better than people think) and all that but highly effective. He also had a bit of a swagger at Everton. Fellaini for most of his Utd career has been a shell of that player and the man. He's not been effective. He always tries and can't fault him for that but he never gave the impression that he belonged. LvG resurrected him for a short time before everything went to pot. Now Jose looks like he's brought that swagger back.

With LvG there was a trepidation towards his ideas as he was a bit of a mad-scientist character. So Fellaini again may not have felt he belonged.

The fact is Jose is the man the majority of supporters wanted, many wanted him 3 years ago. Everyone is united behind Jose and if he rates Fellaini then there is no reason to jeer or see him as a symbol of Moyes. It will do great for the player himself to know he has the backing from this manager.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
There is no reason to jeer him anyway, he's been one of our best performers this season.

He went from looking like a lost giraffe to dominating opposition teams, as long as it continues he will have my backing. Proving many wrong, myself included.

prath92

I have never heard people commenting positively on allardyce's gameplay even though he gets points.

It's quite clear that we played some excellent football then and even before that we rarely went long ball as you suggest. Fellaini played a lot but he was always a b2b. It's true that we aimed set pieces like free kicks corners and even goal kicks at him but that's hardly the same thing.

OohAahMartial

While he had a good game defensively I would like to see him pass to midfielders more. Most of his passes are backwards or sideways to defenders. Since he is the destroyer he is the start of transitions and if we are going to play counter attacking football we need the first pass to not be going backwards. Kante was the start of many of Leicester's counter attacks and I'd like to see Jose train this aspect into him. No doubt an LVG habit left over.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not very good thus far. Hope he'll score soon to make me look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.