Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Was great.

But still annoying how midgets like Coutinho beat him in the air.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very disciplined and steely performance tonight. Kept their midfield quiet and made some vital tackles. good match.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Pretty much what I expected from him today, puts the 'he'll shit it against the better opposition' argument the bed as per usual until we're up against some other, new big opposition.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He scares the hell out of opponents and makes them give up on 50/50's before they even start which then makes him win a truck load of free balls in the middle of the park. Mitigate the use of his elbows and he's an effective juggernaut in winning loose balls. It's that simple.

Full bodied red

Another great performance tonight.

Has been our most dependable MF for the past 12 months, without a doubt.

Although we're not allowed to say that, are we ??

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
And Zlatan's, and Rooney's (according to the last few diehards. In reality our best players have been Bailly,Valencia, Herrera and Fellaini, who would have taught that?
Young ,Fellaini and Herrera got us into the Champions league in 2014/15 while DiMaria and Falcao were shocking.

Big names mean nothing.You'd think people would be wiser to that after the spending spree we had and little result.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Credit where it's due - he did well. And I was one of those expecting him to be pressed to nothingness.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Young ,Fellaini and Herrera got us into the Champions league in 2014/15 while DiMaria and Falcao were shocking.

Big names mean nothing.You'd think people would be wiser to that after the spending spree we had and little result.
That's why I get baffled when some say we're great or title contenders just because we got some new toys in Miki, Zlatan, Pogba for example(although they got enough time to get going and pick form). Name means nothing to me after this past few years.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's why I get baffled when some say we're great or title contenders just because we got some new toys in Miki, Zlatan, Pogba for example(although they got enough time to get going and pick form). Name means nothing to me after this past few years.
I think some people get a bigger high for signing big games than actually winning games.

You need players to form a team rather than a fifa x-i

ReDDHDevilS

Played very good in terms of what's expected from him. Both him and Herrera were very good especially in the 1st half.

The United

The reason we were able to defend better than in most other game it seems was that we played with 2 real DMs or at least Ader helped it a lot. I think the days when you can get away with only one DM against the styles that city or pool or most top teams playing right now is over.

It is just too much for one DM to run around both sides to fill up holes. It is not because he is a shit player. It is that the set up with him and pogba at the base of the midfield while pogba hardly ever holds his position when needed makes him look bad.

Walters_19_MuFc

I wasn't worried about Fellaini tonight. Before the game I said he'd be our man of the match. Wasn't quite man of the match, but he played a very good game, in my opinion. Always turns up to big games. Don't know why people are so worried when they see him on the team sheet. They need to start looking at the players who are not pulling their weight in the team.

Zoo

Giggs said beforehand that Fellaini is one of the few players who will follow instructions without needing to be repeatedly told. Van Gaal said the same thing last season and Mourinho appreciates him too.

fatboy

He's technically better than people give him credit for. Against teams that press hard and fast, we need players who are comfortable in possession even in that environment. Herrera and Fellaini are such players.

Now if Pogba can get his act together, we'll have our midfield three (rotating with Mata for games we expect to dominate more).

criticalanalysis

So much for him not being able to handle Liverpool's pressing
I said that in the pre-match thread and people seemed to think he would get exposed and get shown up.

In a well set up and disciplined midfield three nobody is gonna get squared up and run around in circles, especially a guy of Fellani's size. I had absolutely no qualms about him before the game and it showed with his performance. He's a dedicated (to a fault) player, who will put his size and agility to good use in those 5-10 yard pocket of spaces in midfield. We should be evolving as a team to minimise the 'need' to play someone like him but at this time in moment, he deserves his place in the squad.

Rossa

Giggs said beforehand that Fellaini is one of the few players who will follow instructions without needing to be repeatedly told. Van Gaal said the same thing last season and Mourinho appreciates him too.
So every other player is just a little bit thick? At the very minimum of my expectations were I to be manager, would be that the players followed instructions. I sort of get what you mean though, and Fellaini really put in a shift yesterday.

Marcelinho87

So when do all the "feck sake Young and Fellaini, all these managers same shite" brigade bob in with an apology because yet again Fellaini was head and shoulders above our supposed "world class" players.

As was Young.

sugar_kane

He's actually been pretty decent this season.
For my money he's been decent for the last three. The amount of stick he gets is appalling.

He has a dodgy game now and then, as all players do, but he is otherwise consistently decent.

Is only proper bad season was under Moyes, but I don't think anyone should be judged based on that catastrophe.

I also liked how disciplined he was last night in a fairly charged game where we had quite a few players get booked.

thepolice123

Might not be the best footballer but he will always show up, especially in the big games. Every year we hear the same rhetoric about Fellaini when we play Liverpool. The most common being that their "mobile midfield and aggressive pressing will run rings around him". And most of the time, he gives a good performance against them.

Witchking

So when do all the "feck sake Young and Fellaini, all these managers same shite" brigade bob in with an apology because yet again Fellaini was head and shoulders above our supposed "world class" players.

As was Young.
I did not get a chance to watch the game but i was one of the guys to crib about both the players starting. Glad that Jose's team selection has been vindicated. My apologies. Not that Jose needs it.

But United are running short of time, next game is a must win. 1 win in 5 games is quite a low standard that we have set. I am hoping that Mkhi and Martial and Shaw retun and give a much needed fluidity in attack. Also maybe Zlatan needs a rest, he and Rooney can sit and crack jokes on the bench. Need to play Rashford upfront with Martial and Mkhi on the wings. We will have some serious pace.

Then with Mata at 10, Pogba and Herrera in the midfield, we might have some good and fast passing. Waiting for this team selection.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Should be a part of our defensive 4-3-3, with Mata taking over in our offensive 4-3-3.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Another good game from him. In terms of bad vs good performances, him and Hererra are head and shoulders above all our other midfield/attacking players.
Definitely. I can't get rid of this nagging suspicion that him playing well has no impact on how the team plays, though. You'd hope that when your centre mids play well that the rest of the team functions around that. Despite being an undeniably selfless player I'm not entirely convinced he fits into the bigger picture that well. Unless the bigger picture is us playing destructive, disjointed football more often than not.

Individually I've been really impressed with him though.

itso 7

It's got to be his new hair because he's done a good job this season tbf
He has his uses it's only when managers forget that and use him in every game, regardless of the opponent, that he gets found out. As a specific weapon for certain games/teams he is brilliant.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Definitely. I can't get rid of this nagging suspicion that him playing well has no impact on how the team plays, though. You'd hope that when your centre mids play well that the rest of the team functions around that. Despite being an undeniably selfless player I'm not entirely convinced he fits into the bigger picture that well. Unless the bigger picture is us playing destructive, disjointed football more often than not.

Individually I've been really impressed with him though.
Under Van Gaal, he started every game where the team put in a really top performance (which was rare enough but usually against decent opposition) and this season he was a key player in our opening run of victories, so we're obviously capable of playing well with him in the side. Southampton, for me, was our best performance of the season and he was a big part of a dominant team display. It also helped that, for once, Pogba played really well in that game. So long as he keeps failing to repeat that kind of performance our midfield will always look disjointed but it's Fellaini who is more likely to get the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.