5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindhunter

He is a very effective Plan B. In the dying minutes of a game, he is an absolute monster in the box and a nightmare for opposition defenders.

togg

Jose knows how to use him. Needed him to be in the box when Lukaku went off. It was the right sub and it paid off. I've always felt sorry for him since he's kind of linked with Moyes. Apparently really nice guy off the pitch.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
I would try play fellalini as a striker. I think he would be so dangerous in front

stevoc

Is that the first time he's came on as a sub in a game we weren't winning and scored the winner?

Irrational.

Jose thinks he'll stay according to BBC:

On whether matchwinner Marouane Fellaini will stay at the club: "I think so. I think a player that grabs the crest after scoring is telling clearly that he wants to stay. I want him to stay, the club wants him to stay, I think he will stay, it is nearly there."

He's definitely a good squad-level option, despite what the detractors say.

Irrational.

More quotes from Jose:

"I think Fellaini will stay. We are trying to organise our team and are thinking about improvements. Until now, I haven’t lost one second thinking about replacing him because I think he will stay."

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jose thinks he'll stay according to BBC:

On whether matchwinner Marouane Fellaini will stay at the club: "I think so. I think a player that grabs the crest after scoring is telling clearly that he wants to stay. I want him to stay, the club wants him to stay, I think he will stay, it is nearly there."

He's definitely a good squad-level option, despite what the detractors say.
I hope so, as long as Jose uses him almost exclusively as an option off the bench. He's great in that role. I just don't want him starting many games unless injury has really decimated us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So I assume plans for someone like SMS from Lazio will be shelved?

Don't see the space with Matic undisputable starter, Pogba despite his struggles this season dosen't seem to be in any hurry to force a move and Herrea loves the club aswell.

Unless you're going to send McTominey out on loan but then you still have four experienced midfielders competiting for 2-3 spots.

Move Fellani out and get in a younger model would be what I'd be looking to do.

Irrational.

I hope so, as long as Jose uses him almost exclusively as an option off the bench. He's great in that role. I just don't want him starting many games unless injury has really decimated us.
Yep, agree with this. He poses a very different option and problem for the opposition.

spiriticon

Noooo. Why can't we just sign another big tall striker on the cheap if we really need this Plan B? They come in the dozens from the lower leagues!

Kapardin

So I assume plans for someone like SMS from Lazio will be shelved?

Don't see the space with Matic undisputable starter, Pogba despite his struggles this season dosen't seem to be in any hurry to force a move and Herrea loves the club aswell.

Unless you're going to send McTominey out on loan but then you still have four experienced midfielders competiting for 2-3 spots.

Move Fellani out and get in a younger model would be what I'd be looking to do.
We will buy midfielders regardless. Jose has already said we will.

1 midfielder as a Carrick replacement (not necessarily like-for-like) if Fellaini stays, 2 new mids if Fellaini leaves. 1 should be enough if we ensure he is a quality player and buy carefully to complement Pogba and Matic.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No please god no! Im begging please do not sign that deal. He never will be good enough for this club and where we want to be and i really thought he was nearing the move away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
THe hate he gets here is mind blowing.
Exactly People who don't like him will never give him credit. He just scored another late winner, that no one else we have would have scored.

As long as he's not that frequent starter, i'd be more than comfy him stayin.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We will buy midfielders regardless. Jose has already said we will.

1 midfielder as a Carrick replacement (not necessarily like-for-like) if Fellaini stays, 2 new mids if Fellaini leaves. 1 should be enough if we ensure he is a quality player and buy carefully to complement Pogba and Matic.
Carrick's been a great servant but he's hardly played last 18 months.

Unless there's suddenly going to be mass rotation policy in central midfield this season it's difficult for me to see you make a major midfield signing and him to get enough minutes. Someone like Milinkovic Savic starts nearly every game for Lazio so would he come just to be a rotation player?

Kapardin

Carrick's been a great servant but he's hardly played last 18 months.

Unless there's suddenly going to be mass rotation policy in central midfield this season it's difficult for me to see you make a major midfield signing and him to get enough minutes. Someone like Milinkovic Savic starts nearly every game for Lazio so would he come just to be a rotation player?
Think we will go 4-3-3 more consistently next season. Seeds are already there with Jose preferring Herrera-Pogba-Matic and sacrificing an attacker. Of course, there will be games when we play with other formations as well, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Canagel

Congratulations to him for goal but I don't want to see him playing for us next season.

acnumber9

Exactly People who don't like him will never give him credit. He just scored another late winner, that no one else we have would have scored.

As long as he's not that frequent starter, i'd be more than comfy him stayin.
He had missed a sitter before that mind you. He can be a handy plan B at times but he’s never been good enough for anything more.

R'hllor

THe hate he gets here is mind blowing.
Hate towards him is child`s play compared with that friendly game vs Valencia, never seen such a cnutish attitude of home crowd towards one of their players. When i comes to Fellaini i dont mind him as squad option but only if used properly, further forward that is, not holding midfielder bullshit.

Peebie

Sitting behind Jose trying to work out his notes
I'm all for him staying, he is a handful to the opposition, he runs into the box more than any other midfielder we have. His goal return is good considering his appearances.

He is just a very different type of player, very direct, very strong. There are not many others like him. I often wonder how he'd do as a targetman second striker or even a centre forward. He has the attributes.

mu4c_20le

If anything he will be remembered fondly for his late goals rather than his fouls and general clumsiness. Good for him.

Water Melon

Good squad player to have, I won't feel sad if he either signs or leaves.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Hate towards him is child`s play compared with that friendly game vs Valencia, never seen such a cnutish attitude of home crowd towards one of their players.
Yep, that was really shitty. Surprised he's stayed here so long after some of the backlash he has taken from the stands. He's seemed intent on continually shutting people up, and I do like that about him.

el3mel

Overall he's a good option from the bench but at the same time not someone I'll lose any sleep over if he leaves. A kind of in between. Happy if he stays and don't care much if he leaves. That sums up my feeling about him.

C'est Moi Cantona

Call me a snob, but this is not really a method of scoring a top team should be looking to, in the long term anyway, I personally hope he goes, and we rely on good old fashioned top class skillful play to get our results.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I would try play fellalini as a striker. I think he would be so dangerous in front
more hoofing, that sounds like Stoke to me...:rolleyes:

great goal nevertheless, saved our skin today in a bit of a meaningless game but still nice goodbye goal from him

Morpheus 7

Really wish he would leave, hate that Jose is chatting about his contract when there is no word on Dave and Martial.

Walters_19_MuFc

He wins us games, he wears a wig.

We all know that Fellaini wears a wig,
Fellaini wears a wig,
Fellaini wears a wig.
We all know that Fellaini wears a wig,
Fellaini wears a wig,
Fellaini wears a wig.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm not convinced that there's not another player who could do what Fellaini does for us but at 1/4 of the wages.
Fellaini was one of the best players in an Everton team that was the best team in the league outside the big six (indeed he helped them finish ahead of Liverpool a couple of those seasons). In his time with us he has had multiple games against top opposition where he has done extremely well, in both an attacking role and a more defensive role. There were periods under both LVG and Mourinho where we as a team have played our best football with him in the midfield.

He shouldn't be a starter for us as we now have better midfielders than him, and will hopefully upgrade that position further at the end of this season, but he is still able to be a very good impact player for us. This idea that he could be replaced by some random lower league player who could do just as well is ridiculous. Constructive criticism of him is fine, but people on this forum go far overboard about how poor he supposedly is.

Loublaze

ATLien
Really wish he would leave, hate that Jose is chatting about his contract when there is no word on Dave and Martial.
This. His whole spill on how the club want him is not convincing to me. The club is not willing to pay the wages he wants, that's it. Hope he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.