5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Was always for giving a youth chance instead of those operpaid seniors and still i am but at the moment keep these kids as far as possible from those infected rotten pricks.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was always for giving a youth chance instead of those operpaid seniors and still i am but at the moment keep these kids as far as possible from those infected rotten pricks.
Just send away most of the rotten ones and have the youth there without their influence. We're not winning with them so why the feck keep them around?

R'hllor

Just send away most of the rotten ones and have the youth there without their influence. We're not winning with them so why the feck keep them around?
Agree but we have so many of them, people keep saying how you cant remove and replace 10-15 players in one go and i would agree if we were a normal football club but we aint. I know we cant but we must, already said in some other thread that i would burn this squad to the ground and keep maybe 5-10, otherwise, this replace 3-5 with 3-5 will do feck all for us imo, its like dealing with infection.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Agree but we have so many of them, people keep saying how you cant remove and replace 10-15 players in one go and i would agree if we were a normal football club but we aint. I know we cant but we must, already said in some other thread that i would burn this squad to the ground and keep maybe 5-10, otherwise, this replace 3-5 with 3-5 will do feck all for us imo, its like dealing with infection.
I would get rid of them myself and be radical. The mentality in the dressing room is the biggest problem we have. If we don't get rid of it, we'll never move on. It's killing us.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His goals are super finishes. He’s way too good for u18s but is he a starter for Manchester United? Normally I’d say no but we are so toothless that id be considering giving him a start ASAP. I’d be playing him ahead of lukaku or martial, it really can’t be any worse.

AndersB

Maybe it's just a wider source of frustration for me to be honest. The idea of using older pros slightly out of position (ie Lindelof and Jones) instead of using a natural right back from our academy. Not disagreeing with you though because what you say sounds very plausible.

Anyway to avoid the risk of straying from the thread title too much, here's hoping that Mason gets plenty of chances next season as part of a group of 5 or 6 forwards.
Amen to that

MalcolmTucker

Got to laugh at the madmen wanting us to test out 17 year olds rather than fight for 4th place - genuinely insane.

If we lose to Chelsea then fair enough but the season isn't over by a long way.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we don't beat Chelsea i'd like to see in the last game at home to Cardiff a team of

Romero,Laird,cb,cb,Shaw, Garner, Pogba, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Rashford.
If we don’t beat Chelsea it’s business as usual. Unless we lose, then it’s done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The thing that stands out about him is just how rounded he is. Just looks excellent from a technique point of view. He has really good movement on and off the ball, he scores the simple goals that every top striker needs to have the knack of, he's capable of scoring from range, he can score the finesse types of finishes like Martial, he can score the power type of finishes like Rashford, he looks to be really good at free kicks, he can dribble well and run with the ball with close control which is so rare in our current side and shows that he has a really good natural touch, and on top of all that, he's 2 footed! Players like Cazorla are 2 footed and while Cazorla occasionally took corners with his left foot, I don't remember him taking free kicks with his "weaker" foot (could be wrong).

He's only turned 17 this year so I'd imagine he gets stronger physically, grows more physically, but he has absolutely everything to his game to be an absolutely brilliant striker. The only thing that he hasn't shown is really being good in the air (those who watch the youth sides regularly can comment on that), but with his age, you expect him to grow and get stronger as I mentioned so naturally be more ready for that. Also in his few appearances, he did show a willingness to compete for aerial balls and goes for the headers (compare that to Rashford until basically this season where he would just duck out of them, Martial half ass jumping for headers or Lukaku managing to mis-read the ball and run under it pretty much every time). Very excited for him and surely has to be as promising a talent as we've had come out of the youth team since the class of 92? You just don't see that skill set of decent pace, control, technique, range and versatility of striking the ball/finishing. Hope he can stay fit and physically handle the step up from youth football, because in terms of talent, he has all you need.

Thiagoal

Got to laugh at the madmen wanting us to test out 17 year olds rather than fight for 4th place - genuinely insane.

If we lose to Chelsea then fair enough but the season isn't over by a long way.
I think the point - rightly or wrongly- is that Mason will enhance our first teams play given we've barely had a shot on goal in over 5 hours playing football! Why keep to a losing formula one might argue?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Some of those 30 goals are absolute worldies.

Hope he gets some time in the last two games.

MalcolmTucker

I think the point - rightly or wrongly- is that Mason will enhance our first teams play given we've barely had a shot on goal in over 5 hours playing football! Why keep to a losing formula one might argue?
Putting that much pressure on a 17 year old in a must win game is a bit much - we may be in bad form but these are the same players that has us as the 3rd best team in the league since Ole took over.

Let's ease Greenwood in.

POF

Putting that much pressure on a 17 year old in a must win game is a bit much - we may be in bad form but these are the same players that has us as the 3rd best team in the league since Ole took over.

Let's ease Greenwood in.
Agree 100%. It's huge pressure to throw a kid like Greenwood in to such big games.

If he missed a sitter vs Chelsea like he did vs Wolves and the team ended up losing the game, it would demoralising for a young kid.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some people seem more concerned with our academy players getting games than anything else.

BlahRules

The difference from OGS and Fergie. If none of the attackers are performing and you need a goal you throw in a youth that is playing unbelievable in the youth.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's still a kid so don't be dissapointed if he doesn't live upto expectations. Seems like some of you are going overboard with the hype. He's only 17 so go easy on him.

izec

Some people seem more concerned with our academy players getting games than anything else.
It is the disappointment of the first team. With the academy lads, there is hope they care and bring a fresh wind, not half the rotten squad we have now.

JMack1234

Probably the only upside to being in the Europa is that Greenwood should be making a fair few appearances.

Robertd0803

Hopefully will see him for the last 2 games now Rashford and Lukaku are ruled out for definate.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Greenwood start both games hopefully. Gomes, Chong and Garner in the mix too.

Don't think Laird is fit but maybe O'Conner?

Not that all should play huge chunks together but give them some minutes.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Lukaku and Rashford are ruled out with injuries and Martial refuses to run.

I actually think that it's at a stage where not playing Greenwood would be controversial.

Imran Mamdani

This is amazing. I see something that i dont normally see in many of the players we watch in the PL. He not only anticipates where the GK is, but actually knows in almost all of the goals in this vid - his finishes are powerful as well as clever plus he can play/shoot with BOTH feet. I have hope!

My only constructive observation would be, he seems to be a little selfish but then again, this vid is of his goals only so im probably being unfair!

Robertd0803

Lukaku and Rashford are ruled out with injuries and Martial refuses to run.

I actually think that it's at a stage where not playing Greenwood would be controversial.
Watch us play a front 3 of Dalot, Lingard and Sanchez instead.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
As much as I'm disappointed with him, Sanchez need to play for others to show interest on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.