View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see him getting into the right places to score. Didn't come off for him and he looked a bit nervous and rushed things, but it's been a while since we had a striker that knows where the ball is going to land.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Scoring 30 goals this season in youth. Looks very promising today on first team. He deserves a promotion to first team next season and get involved in lot of games.

deafepl

I was wondering what our reaction would be if Mason Greenwood get 4 goals and one assist, maybe two on another day?

Spielmacher

Ohhhh
Ma-ason Greenwood

Shows the importance of role models for younger players. He'll be absolute class if he keeps working hard.

Irrational.

Makes his debut on the same day that RvP retires. If that doesn't convince you that he's an RvP regen I don't know what will. :cool:

Hope he gets game time next season. I feel he has more potential than Rashy.

MyDevil

A bit nervous today but shows potential. He will definitely get more games next season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are again messing with his position. If he is a forward play him there please.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I never seen him play but I wonder if he will get the typical hype from an English player just like rashford did amongst many other players in England.
He will get the typical hype that all brilliant talents get.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He will get the typical hype that all brilliant talents get.
Rashford was compared to Mbappe...and they dont even belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence.

As for Greenwood let the boy actually play real first team action before overhyping which will come naturally with English players.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
One of the only bright spots about watching last nights game. I thought he did really well considering it was his first full match, and didn't look out of place at all. I'd even go as far to say he was likely our best attacking player for a lot of the game.

I haven't watched him at all bar highlights before this, so don't know what he is like normally and it's harsh to judge him based on one game, but all he needs to do is improve his finishing and he should in the mix for a starting spot in our team. Hopefully just nerves though, and as he settles in to first team football he calms and becomes much more clinical.

Mr. Meeseeks

I was wondering what our reaction would be if Mason Greenwood get 4 goals and one assist, maybe two on another day?
Knowing this place, it would probably be underwhelming. It would be the usual suspects dampening everyone’s excitement.

I thought he had a storming debut as our youngest ever first team starter, but literally the first post on his performance was calling him ‘poor’.

I hate this forum, and I am glad I only rarely feel the need to check posts. Some posters on here are as toxic as it gets.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not a great time to be developing youngsters at the moment for us, let's hope we don't ruin him out record hasn't been great lately.

meamth

Nah he genuinely is, but I think with nerves he just decided to play it safe and stick to what feels more natural.

You don’t Score freekicks from 25 yards with a weak foot
Exactly, and he did it consistently. If i can put mind blown meme here, I would.

You can see a nervy young kid yesterday, his face says it all.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
After his first full match, I am quite convinced he will make it at United. At least, I think he is already better option than Lukaku and Sanchez. His style really is resemblance of RVP.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Scoring 30 goals this season in youth. Looks very promising today on first team. He deserves a promotion to first team next season and get involved in lot of games.
I heard he has 43 goals + assists this season in youth, exciting times.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Look at Liverpool. Alexander Arnold got 12 assists in the league alone, Robertson got 11. Shaw has like less than 5 in his career, whereas our right back (right flank really) is entirely non existent. We fix our back 4 and midfield on both sides of the ball, and I think the likes of Pogba, Martial, Rashford will show more consistency. If not, we focus on the attackers in summer 2020 anyway.
Agree with the sentiment here entirely, its not your attack you need to worry about so much but the team behind it, fix that and you you give the front 2 or 3 a much better platform. As for the bolded bit Shaw has 10 assists in his career, with five coming this season, he is improving and someone I think to be positive about.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A bit nervous today but shows potential. He will definitely get more games next season.
What has been pleasing with Mason, both at the Ressies/U18s and yesterday's performance is how often he is usually on target even though they were saved. They are rarely some wild stabs/shots at the goalmouth unlike some of his senior colleagues or in general.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I heard he has 43 goals + assists this season in youth, exciting times.
We aren’t challenging the league next season. And unless if there is an injury but if Greenwood can’t even make into Ole’s bench in our first 3 league matches, I will start to questioning his man management whether he’s really serious thinking about developing young players. Scoring that many goals in youth is still considered unbelievable and deserves a promotion to first team.

hungrywing

Makes his debut on the same day that RvP retires. If that doesn't convince you that he's an RvP regen I don't know what will. :cool:

Hope he gets game time next season. I feel he has more potential than Rashy.
Good catch.

Also, if RvP keels over and kicks the bucket we know where to find who's responsible.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How many chances did he create for himself today? He must have broken some record for amount of chances for an individual for us since RVP/Ronaldo.

His intelligence for space attacking will give him a career like Ronaldo’s. I’m not surprised he’s averaged a goal a game this season.

He’s 17.

17 let that simmer

King_Cantona07

Oh? Never heard that comparison before. Good call.
Been saying it. His running style and the way he moves with ball and some of his striking technique all rvp like. He Doesn’t carry the sting at present in shots but that may come when he gets older. Just hoping he doesn’t bulk a lot as it will go against his type of player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Despite his small body, his constant move and skill make it hard for opponent to physically bully him. Problem Rashford and Lukaku have even now.

His constant move and comfortable on the wing actually reminds me of Mo Salah instead of RvP.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Been saying it. His running style and the way he moves with ball and some of his striking technique all rvp like. He Doesn’t carry the sting at present in shots but that may come when he gets older. Just hoping he doesn’t bulk a lot as it will go against his type of player.
Was he having an off day due to nerves or can he genuinely not strike the ball well? That would be a shame cause the rest of his game is nothing short of brilliant.

Gordon S

Was he having an off day due to nerves or can he genuinely not strike the ball well? That would be a shame cause the rest of his game is nothing short of brilliant.
He hits the ball very well normally, with both feet! Was strange to see so many poor efforts from him. Probably nerves as you said.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should have scored couple of goals, very good allround game. His movement is class, we should show that on repeat to Lukaku and Rashford. It wasn't so difficult to create chances for Greenwood. That's something we lack, with good movement it's easy to pick passes and create chances.

His dribble on left wing when he made the cut back to Pogba was brilliant too. Overall very promising full debut and showed why he should be part of the first team squad.

SteveW

Yeah. His finishing is generally superb. Once ge sticks one away he'll be fine

RooneyLegend

He hits the ball very well normally, with both feet! Was strange to see so many poor efforts from him. Probably nerves as you said.
I read on here that he hits them with both feet so was quite surprised when he tried to score a chance that was supposed to be a right footed shot with his left.

Adamsk7

The shots he under hit were down to nerves, pure and simple. He’s usually so composed in those situations - it’ll probably take 2-3 years for that to transition to the first team.

The amazing thing is, the rest of his game was all there yesterday - movement, skill, technique, desire, good passing in and around the box, the lot.

I thought it was an incredible performance from a 17 yr old. 17! Kid’s gonna be a star. How anyone can suggest any negatives from that is beyond ridiculous IMO. It was his debut! He outperformed Internationals.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I read on here that he hits them with both feet so was quite surprised when he tried to score a chance that was supposed to be a right footed shot with his left.
Can excuse him for having slight nerves. Bit different in front of 70,000+ to the few that turn up to watch the stiffs.

Matt007a

Had he scored a nice tap-in early doors, he probably would have taken those later chances. Can't blame the guy for being nervous on his full debut, especially considering the form of the people around him. It's not like he can look across and see a role model to pick him back up, or a great player to carry him through. He looks up and see's mediocrity everywhere.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The shots he under hit were down to nerves, pure and simple. He’s usually so composed in those situations - it’ll probably take 2-3 years for that to transition to the first team.

The amazing thing is, the rest of his game was all there yesterday - movement, skill, technique, desire, good passing in and around the box, the lot.

I thought it was an incredible performance from a 17 yr old. 17! Kid’s gonna be a star. How anyone can suggest any negatives from that is beyond ridiculous IMO. It was his debut! He outperformed Internationals.
Exactly. Most 17 year olds are only just starting u18 or reserve football, let alone debut at Old Trafford :lol:

If you watched that match and had no idea who the 17 year old was, you wouldn't say he stood out negatively.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Looked to me like he tried to catch the keeper off guard.
I was at the game and couldn't see the whole thing properly, but at first I thought he'd tried to chip the keeper with his left foot and I was really surprised as he's normally spot on with his finishing.

Now that I've seen the highlights, what he did wasn't bad at all and you're probably right with what you say. He was going for the unexpected outside of the boot finish between keeper and post. If he'd have caught it how he intended it would have been a goal, the keeper didn't move.

littlepeasoup

Been thinking that I'd actually prefer him to be steady-as-it-goes with regards to him coming into the first team. Rash exploded onto the scene with goals that meant he was the talk of the country (especially being English), but I don't actually think it's helped his progression any. Would prefer for Mason's brilliance to fly under the radar, rather than being the next media darling before he's really done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.