View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

crossy1686

career ending
I literally haven't even noticed he's on the pitch this pre-season. Well, except for that horrendous miss earlier
Before we even signed him I said he was a nothing player, up there with the likes of Lingard. I’m going to give him a chance because we’ve signed him but he better start doing something before the month is over.

El-Manos

Makes great runs. On another day that’s in. Really needs to score them though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Does not play like an 8 to me. Not sure what Erik is up to, but this wont work against most teams with him and Bruno so far up. An absolute puzzling transfer to me.
He's doing what I thought we all knew he'd do, playing with two advanced #8s. Emphasis on the word advanced. The point of the set-up is that the #8 is playing as part of the 5 in a vague 3-2-5 shape, i.e. quite far forward.

the hea

You wouldn't agree he's been largely invisible in the games he's played? If not, what has he done well?
Pressing and off the ball movement has been good so far for him. The fact that he is getting into these scoring positions is thanks to his movement and I have no worries about him, he will have a good season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Does not play like an 8 to me. Not sure what Erik is up to, but this wont work against most teams with him and Bruno so far up. An absolute puzzling transfer to me.
He is playing two advanced 8s. Looks pretty clear to me.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Makes great runs. On another day that’s in. Really needs to score them though.
He's just a bad finisher in general, he has very little composure in front of goal. He's always been a nearly player. Maybe he'll add a bit of calmness to his game as he matures but right now we should expect him to miss a lot of chances.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't understand this signing and what actually will he improve on the ball play for us?
Ive said it many times. We should have used this money for him + Hojlund to sign Osimhen

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He really doesnt add much value so far, he plays like a more advanced McTominay.

It is very tough to believe that this system will be better than having a traditional 8.

But it is just preseason, it deserves more time.

AndySmith1990

Hasn't even played a competitive game yet and you can already see some can't wait to slag him off. Shame

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand this signing and what actually will he improve on the ball play for us?
It will take time to see if we are better on the ball but its already clear how ETH sees this. The midfield is working much harder at squeezing the pitch and the opposition. In that half, we generated quite a lot of counter-pressing situations.

E-mal

I am happy to back him but I don't see how he makes us better. He just doesn't add control and cover to that midfield.

RuudTom83

He is a cog in the midfield...as a trio it's not flowing, but Mason has had an easy scoring chance in all the games I've watched him in pre season, scored none of them, but I wouldn't be to critical of Mount.

flameinthesun

Hasn't even played a competitive game yet and you can already see some can't wait to slag him off. Shame
Wouldn't say some are waiting to slag him off. He has disappointed so far, although it is only pre-season so lets see once the season starts. I'm personally not seeing much from him creatively or seeing a change in our pressing to warrant the lack of control in the midfield (which was always a problem when eriksen wasn't in the team). Hopefully Rasmus is the missing link to make all these different areas gel as having a rashford or sancho up front doesn't help the likes or bruno, mount etc.

Idxomer

He isn't offering the outlet needed during the buildup. He also used to be a decent ball carrier a couple of years back and that disappeared from his game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's doing what I thought we all knew he'd do, playing with two advanced #8s. Emphasis on the word advanced. The point of the set-up is that the #8 is playing as part of the 5 in a vague 3-2-5 shape, i.e. quite far forward.
I think, yeah, this is obviously how the manager wants to play. But we don’t have the right profiles to play that way. There’s about 3 players in the buildup phase good enough/composed enough on the ball in that sense — and one of them is the goalkeeper.

Morpheus 7

I think his positioning is the most concerning thing in this three. I'm not sure where he's playing, maybe trying to hard and coming too deep. Hopefully it clicks soon.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We had 71% possession and created some very good chances, why are people saying midfield didn't control the game, I mean the phrase itself is wrong as it's not the midfield that controls the game. We controlled the game very well, it's just that our finishing was very poor.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He scored that goal and we would play better. His miss was so shocking that it made some of our players lose focus I think. It's just so stupid.

E-mal

I think, yeah, this is obviously how the manager wants to play. But we don’t have the right profiles to play that way. There’s about 3 players in the buildup phase good enough/composed enough on the ball in that sense — and one of them is the goalkeeper.
That's where the problem is. Varane, any of the right back and Casemiro are not great in build up phase. With what Casemiro and Varane bring we can upgrade on the right back to help the build up phase.
If we had added an 8 very good on the ball in build instead of Mount, it would have really helped.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I see this thread is full of stupid knee jerk posts already. Great. Going to be a long season.

Blood Mage

He's not done a lot wrong but for feck's sake it's obvious that he's a no.10 being played out of position. His best role is the one Bruno already plays to a higher standard. Why the feck did we buy him?

55m that we could have used to plug other holes in the team, it's pretty unforgivable. The type of signing Woody would have been crucified for.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Aye, that was why I was surprised we decided to go in this direction. Specifically I'm not sure the right side of our back four provide enough support to midfield in possession.

Given City, Arsenal and Liverpool seem to be operating a similar set-up, there must be some meta reason why this shape is in vogue at the moment.

But then it's likely not for nothing the bookies are placing us as likely to finish behind all the above teams. There's an in-built expectation that we're going to be a flawed side this season.

izec

Amrabat as a 'regular' no 8 will replace him in the starting lineup. It is obvious. Mount will be the backup of Bruno, for 55m.

MetoTTT

It's early days but I'm not convinced he's a 8 and could work with Bruno in though games as 8 and 10. Hope I'm wrong.