View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

crossy1686

career ending
I was reliably informed that Chelsea's 2 time POTY and CL winner was very, very good and added value to our team. Seems the manager who bought him doesn't agree with that sentiment.

Anduin

Even Ten Hag has already figured out that Mount is useless :wenger: such a shame we wasted 60m on him when everyone watching a bit of football could tell you this in advance. Well, at least we only had to endure McT play hide and seek on the pitch today.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think dropping him was fair, he had a few decent performances recently. He still offers more than McTominay, both on and off the ball. Really don't get what is eth plan now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m not his biggest fan, but he should be starting ahead of McTominay, and the team would be better for it, even if in an isolated moment, we may benefit fro Scott scoring a goal. I feel Mount has had some decent performances of late and superior to Scott’s last games aside from his goals.

I would expect him to start against City, but his current status in the team is not a huge shock as his signing was questioned by many.

edgecutter

Should never been bought. Most of us on this forum could see this wasn't going to work.

philippexyz

I don't understand what's going on, why is he not playing? At least he's better than Bruno and has more stamina than Eriksen, plus more experienced than Hannibal.

I'm glad ETH has seen sense on this one, now he needs to drop Rashford and we might be onto something.

Sylar

I'd love to know not only the reason for buying him but spending a significant chunk of our transfer on him given he was a free next year.

zaafi

He's not going to make us any better though is he.
Who knows? It's a team game, after all. Success don't usually come with 11 individual players wanting to be the main man. Ten Hag is just being weird and not using him in his favoured position.

Who knows? It's a team game, after all. Success don't usually come with 11 individual players wanting to be the main man. Ten Hag is just being weird and not using him in his favoured position.
He's played plenty and done nothing in any of the games. Despite our lack of goals, the last two games have actually shown some semblance of control in midfield.

zaafi

He's played plenty and done nothing in any of the games. Despite our lack of goals, the last two games have actually shown some semblance of control in midfield.
Played plenty?

Mate, he has played 292 PL minutes in a position not really suited to him.

The only game we have controlled this season was against Crystal Palace in the cup where Mount had a great first half before being subbed.

Played plenty?

He's been junk, and he's not some unknown entity. We knew what were getting from Chelsea. I'm glad ETH has realised he's not the answer because we are already carrying other players.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No. The blokes been here five minutes.
Most of the criticism is around how he'll fit into the team given his position and role. If, as an example, we had signed a midfielder to play as a number 9, we wouldn't need a full year before asking questions on how it's going to work out.

Based Adnan

Nice to see us be proactive in the market for once and replace VdB before he's even left

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we could somehow use Science you turn him into a husk and then put Christian Eriksen in his body, then he'd have been a worthwhile purchase

Orion.

Actually think he’d make a brilliant right back with his attributes - the only way to salvage the signing IMO.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Played plenty?

The only game we have controlled this season was against Crystal Palace in the cup where Mount had a great first half before being subbed.
Palace B team in the mighty League Cup. Doesn’t really matter.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Give him a break: he's still adapting to the physicality and intensity of playing in a Premier League team :angel:

Malone_Post

Should have just kept Fred and saved ourselves £55 million in transfer fees and £200k a week in wages.

Would have had the better player too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Although Ten Hag is not afraid to make tough calls, I think he’s been weak on this one. He’s seemingly brought into some sort of ‘it would be unfair to drop McTominay after he scored a couple’ idea, even though he likely knows that McTominay is a poor midfielder and cannot do the basics of the midfield requirements that Ten Hag has. We need the 8 to come and get on the ball, get it from Case or Amrabat and help progress it. McTominay can’t do that. Mount can. But McTominay scored.

Maybe he recognises that we are so hopeless at playing football that the mere fact that McTominay might score a goal trumps whatever nonsense plan he has for controlling a game. Same logic has applied with Bruno for ages anyway. The fact that at any moment, he ‘might create a goal’ supersedes any tactical benefit, because the football is so shit anyway that the tactics don’t really matter.

I wouldn’t have signed Mount. But he is not a poor midfielder. He’s just not a great one, but he’s certainly a ‘good one’. McTominay isn’t, and Mount should be playing. Whatever plan Ten Hag had with his transfer policy in the summer seems to be on hold already.

zaafi

Palace B team in the mighty League Cup. Doesn’t really matter.
Why do people keep saying that? They played over half their main team that also played us a few days later in the Premier League, so why does it not matter?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Should have just kept Fred and saved ourselves £55 million in transfer fees and £200k a week in wages.

That's what I thought as well.

However, I still think there's a bigger chance that Mount is first choice player under the next manager than Bruno. What is hilarious as MM was ETH marquee signing. At the moment it's just difficult to see what was the idea.

Belisarius

Fred is 30. Mount 24 or 25. He’s a good signing and will play lots this season. But, we have competition in the midfield now so he will have to earn it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Maybe he wanted to rest Mount for the City game?
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek but he didn't play in last 2 games, after he had an international break.
It seems like he's the victim of "you can't play both Bruno and Mount at the same time". Unfair victim imo. But not unexpected, considering Bruno is ETHs captain.