2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Fahad Jawaid

The biggest waste of 60M, I have ever seen. It reflects so badly on the manager, recruitment team, scouts and everybody involved in the club, that 70-80% of the Redcafe was against this signing from the start, because we all felt he would not fit in, there was no way we could play him, Bruno and Casemiro and not be over-run in midfield. Because Bruno and him are both lightweight and they are unable to control the game.

Plus a lot of fans were not convinced with him as a player anyway, because of his performances last season and world cup, where everybody criticized Southgate for his inclusion in the team as he struggled, and every match once he was substituted only then England used to play well.

Now we have another 60M asset, which is actually a downgrade on Bruno, in terms of chance creation and his only chance on inclusion in the team is either shifting him to right midfield to replace another dud in Antony or not use him at all because the team lacks balance.

Actually in terms of personnel, selling Fred and adding him in terms of profile in midfield, we have downgraded from Fred, which is shocking as we have spent 60M and sold him for what 8 - 10M, which is hilarious and sad at the same time.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The biggest waste of 60M, I have ever seen. It reflects so badly on the manager, recruitment team, scouts and everybody involved in the club, that 70-80% of the Redcafe was against this signing from the start, because we all felt he would not fit in, there was no way we could play him, Bruno and Casemiro and not be over-run in midfield. Because Bruno and him are both lightweight and they are unable to control the game.

Plus a lot of fans were not convinced with him as a player anyway, because of his performances last season and world cup, where everybody criticized Southgate for his inclusion in the team as he struggled, and every match once he was substituted only then England used to play well.

Now we have another 60M asset, which is actually a downgrade on Bruno, in terms of chance creation and his only chance on inclusion in the team is either shifting him to right midfield to replace another dud in Antony or not use him at all because the team lacks balance.

Actually in terms of personnel, selling Fred and adding him in terms of profile in midfield, we have downgraded from Fred, which is shocking as we have spent 60M and sold him for what 8 - 10M, which is hilarious and sad at the same time.
That's basically our transfer strategy in the last 10 years, buy 50-60-70 mil players, lower their value to 10 mil in a couple of seasons, sell them or let them leave on a free.
Our only players that could hold their value were Lukaku and Di Maria, who were both good players and showed that at their new clubs.
We are doing everything the opposite way of being successful.
It's like our club is run by Pool and City fans.

Leethal

I was saying well before he kicked a ball for us, how awful he was as a signing. Almost obsessively on this forum.

It's all good, though. He has clapped the fans, after yet another atrocious performance. All is forgiven.

But wait, isn't it everyone else's fault? The system's fault? Everyone is poor, so our new signing has carte blanche to continue being dog shit? (And now the latest one), performances excused due to the fact we currently have no left footed players?

Ah, but yes. He runs around and stuff. And he assisted a goal in the champions league final once. 60m for a player in the final year of his contract, who has been appalling for the past 18 months. Top signing.

Give it up, Mount apologists. Enough of the excuses. He is just shite, and absolutely not what we needed. Write this one off as another one of our poor signings. Throw him in the shit can with Antony. Bench players - at best.

Last edited:

KD6-3.7

So we are now stuck with Mount for the foreseeable future, seems like a decent lad and I’ve kind of warmed to him but this signing was a shocker and one of the biggest red flags surrounding Ten Hag and how exactly he wanted us to play.

Marcus

He is another system player. Maybe if you want to keep possession you put Donny and him in midfield? I don't know anymore.

Doracle

Just to be clear, we are also paying him £13m per year, over 5 years, and there is absolutely no way we can sell him if he underperforms. This is a £120m investment we are watching play for us.

zaafi

What a luck he had to have to become a fkin football player and earn so much money (while doing absolutely nothing) while many of us spent 20 years in schools and work worse jobs for few dollars... It's so frustrating sometimes.
Luck? Football players pretty much give up everything else in their lives to become professionals. Are you implying he hasn't worked hard or something? Let me assure you that he has worked harder than both you and me combined to become a professional football player in the Premier League and a Champions League winner.

You don't like him as a football player, that's fine, but just don't make shit up.

Sylar

Has anybody explained the purpose of his signing and why we were desperate to spend a big amount on a player that was going to be a free next year?
You go after him in the same vein that Fergie went after RVP who had a year left, if theres a plan and purpose (and theres a high demand to ensure hes not missed out on)
I never got the plan with him or what the thought process was, but I thought there must be one.

Even if the injury didnt happen, what was the plan? Him and Bruno ahead of Casemiro? Him behind Bruno and next to Case? Him out wide and a free role? Its baffling and still is

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
10 months since he last scored. I know he was injured for a while, but even so. Just gotta give him a run of games to sink or swim.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Has anybody explained the purpose of his signing and why we were desperate to spend a big amount on a player that was going to be a free next year?
You go after him in the same vein that Fergie went after RVP who had a year left, if theres a plan and purpose (and theres a high demand to ensure hes not missed out on)
I never got the plan with him or what the thought process was, but I thought there must be one.

Even if the injury didnt happen, what was the plan? Him and Bruno ahead of Casemiro? Him behind Bruno and next to Case? Him out wide and a free role? Its baffling and still is
I think the plan was him and Bruno ahead of Casemiro. Eriksen and Bruno ahead of Casemiro worked pretty well last season, and I guess the thinking was that Mount would get more goals than Eriksen as well as providing more defensive work off the ball. When Livramento breezed past him for Newcastle's first goal on Wednesday, I found myself asking 'wasn't Mount known for having that tenacity off the ball at Chelsea, or was I misremembering that?'.

Sylar

I think the plan was him and Bruno ahead of Casemiro. Eriksen and Bruno ahead of Casemiro worked pretty well last season, and I guess the thinking was that Mount would get more goals than Eriksen as well as providing more defensive work off the ball. When Livramento breezed past him for Newcastle's first goal on Wednesday, I found myself asking 'wasn't Mount known for having that tenacity off the ball at Chelsea, or was I misremembering that?'.
Im not disagreeing with your statement, but I am laughing if the plan was to replace Eriksen with Mount given the profiles of the two players
Im assuming ETH has given up on this already as weve seen one or the other (between him and bruno) shifted out wide (which hasnt worked either)

Leethal

Our marquee #7 signing.

On the bench. Again.

Surely, Eric Ten Hag didn't throw 60m for a bench player?

lex talionis

We’ve all had a proper moan about the signing, but now that he’s here we need to find a way to integrate him into the squad.

MrBest

Didn't even realise he came on. Early in his career still but im really struggling to see why he was our priority.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Thought it was decent cameo. Won more duels than eriksen did the whole game before that.

Bobski

There are little glimpses now and again of him being a very good footballer, sharp movement, good technique, quick forward passes, moves well, Utd are just struggling to find a system that fits him and Bruno at the same time while retaining balance. Which was totally predictable.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have been a Mount sceptic since day one and I have been unimpressed by him this season. However, today, I saw some stuff. Working in the mid-block, some nice touches, some good forward passes. In the short while he was one I thought Mount was a lot better, and more efficient, on the ball than Eriksen has been. I remain concerned that against more physical, more imposing midfields he'd shrink. But you can only play what's in front of you and I felt he levelled us up a bit after being introduced.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I was screaming at the tv when all he needed to do was play Garnacho into space and he somehow misplaced the pass, but other than that, it was an okay cameo. Good to see him get stuck in defensively for once.

RedOrange

I don't think he really did enough to be good or shit, he just kind of existed... Which is basically what Mason Mount does. Exists.
Made a nice through ball to Garnacho on the run immediately after coming on. If Bruno did that more we'd have more goals this season.

Jagga7

What was the point of buying him if he can't start ahead of Erikson or even Anthony? I'd prefer Mount on the right wing over Anthony.

Lost bear

How are people saying he was shit? He was decent
He was decent. I think that when players do play poorly for a while, people develop blinkers and apparently cannot see it when they play well ( no disrespect intended- it’s just a human tendency). Some people will swear that Fred was total shit, even though sometimes he was really our best player. Naturally, Fred was a bit of an outlier as he could be brilliant and terrible.But you take my point.

Leethal

How standards have dipped when his 10 minutes on the pitch is somehow deemed "decent" and acceptable for our 60m priority signing.

If he was "decent", he'd be starting.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How standards have dipped when his 10 minutes on the pitch is somehow deemed "decent" and acceptable for our 60m priority signing.

If he was "decent", he'd be starting.
Stupid comment. If he was ‘decent’ every time he played for then he would be starting. But he wasn’t in the last game he started, hence he isn’t starting.

This thread is for discussing performances in the most recent game. In which Mount played well for the time he was on the pitch. Hence ‘decent”.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Should play every game with Antony being shit. Rotation, no cm and Fernandes being so unreliable