4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I have said it before, I liked Mase's attitude for us, I liked his motor. He has a technically sound strike. You can however look at his games with both Chelsea and Derby, he has no positional awareness or discipline. Lampard and Tuchel let him roam and he had the wheels to get back on defense. Unless you let him roam, he is not going to give you much.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s a Derby County level player, who we were duped into paying Real Madrid level money for. Forgot he was even here before this thread was bumped.
I'd say he's a fringe CL level player. He's good enough for a top 4 competitor for sure. He suits a lot of modern clubs. He just doesn't make sense to us because we don't need cover for Bruno ever as he's always fit and that's the only role that Mount suits.

Ole'sattheWheel

It's funny that we brought in cover for Bruno, a guy who is never injured, in the form of Mount who so far has been injured nearly the entire time.

What a quirky ironic little happenstance

united for life

It's funny that we brought in cover for Bruno, a guy who is never injured, in the form of Mount who so far has been injured nearly the entire time.

We didn't get him as a cover for Bruno. he was brought in to partner casimero in midfield. Terrible decision of course as he is not a CM!

imaging a cover for 70 million. I’m already upset we signed him to play him out of position, imagine we’d signed him as a cover!

bad transfer nonetheless

Telsim

Actual non-update. I feel like someone inside the club genuinely thought people have forgotten about him being here and needed a reminder. And they were right. He is subbing for Van de Beek nicely. It doesn't even allude to when he might be back, which seems a way off.

I never thought Sanchez would be replaced as the worst transfer in our history, but then Sancho, Antony, and Mount happened in quick succession. What makes this one particularly bad is everyone and their mother saw it coming from a mile away and were scratching their heads. Everyone, except the circus staff.

McFred

Been out for 67 days now with a calf injury apparently. Coming up on 10 weeks…calf injuries are usually 6-8 weeks max. Definitely have the feeling there’s more to this than we’re hearing.

pacifictheme

It is very odd because on the 27th december he posted a photo of him doing ball work with a caption saying can't wait to be back and then four days ago he's back in the gym with the caption one step closer. Closer to what? Is he nearly there because a month ago he was doing ball work or has he relapsed and he is now multiple steps away from playing football again?

I genuinely forget he exists until I see this thread bumped.

lex talionis

WTF is this “calf injury”? Unless it was actually an Achilles rip he should have been back by now.

GreatDane

So happy that money is such a non-issue for us that we can spend millions on replacing Phil Jones' spot in the treatment room.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Been out for 67 days now with a calf injury apparently. Coming up on 10 weeks…calf injuries are usually 6-8 weeks max. Definitely have the feeling there’s more to this than we’re hearing.
Just no.

Not everything has a hidden meaning for fecks sake :lol: :lol: :lol:

FerociousCorgis

Just no.

Not everything has a hidden meaning for fecks sake :lol: :lol: :lol:
i mean i dont think he is implying some illuminati level conspiracy theory, just that this supposed calf injury isnt a simple matter. At this point it is getting a bit ridiculous with how long he has been out, with no end in sight of actual coming back.

mu4c_20le

He must have fecked something again when he came back to training too early after boxing day.

bstb3

You do start to wonder whether or not the fact that the head of rehab and physio leaving, as well as a couple of others, isn't somehow connected to what feels like poor performance in recent years with regards to recurrence of injuries and length of time players seem to stay injured. The review being lead by the new Head of Sports Gary O'Driscoll is possibly identifying these issues and Mount could well be the latest (and hopefully last) example of that.

Laurencio

It is very odd because on the 27th december he posted a photo of him doing ball work with a caption saying can't wait to be back and then four days ago he's back in the gym with the caption one step closer. Closer to what? Is he nearly there because a month ago he was doing ball work or has he relapsed and he is now multiple steps away from playing football again?

I genuinely forget he exists until I see this thread bumped.
Calf Injury - From 24 November to February (likely date)
Hamstring Injury - From 24 August until 26 September
Hip injury - From 25 April until 01 June
Knock injury - From 08 April until 12 April
Unknown - From 03 March until 31 March
Knock injury - From 05 January until 08 January

Basically he was available for a bit in October.

USREDEVIL

Calf Injury - From 24 November to February (likely date)
Hamstring Injury - From 24 August until 26 September
Hip injury - From 25 April until 01 June
Knock injury - From 08 April until 12 April
Unknown - From 03 March until 31 March
Knock injury - From 05 January until 08 January

Basically he was available for a bit in October.
So a less talented Paul Pogba then.

McFred

i mean i dont think he is implying some illuminati level conspiracy theory, just that this supposed calf injury isnt a simple matter. At this point it is getting a bit ridiculous with how long he has been out, with no end in sight of actual coming back.
No it was illuminati I meant. They harvest calf muscles from underwhelming premier league midfielders. What do you think happened to Jeff Hendrick?

criticalanalysis

The thing is, Mount's injury is not the most mysterious one at Utd, it's Malacia, which has been much longer and more ridiculous!

BristolRuss

He injury record last season was poor as well. He missed 13 games in total and from the beginning of March he only played another 43 minutes of football that season. The last time he scored a goal was in December 2022 and since then he has only managed to rack up one assist. Definitely feels like we have signed a duffer here.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The thing is, Mount's injury is not the most mysterious one at Utd, it's Malacia, which has been much longer and more ridiculous!
Not really? We know what happened with Malacia — he suffered a setback to his knee injury and had to undergo a second surgery. What's mysterious about that?
He's certainly not going to be rushed in his recovery now (after having 2 knee surgeries in the space of few months).

RedDevilQuebecois

There’s definitely something else going on behind the scenes. He’s been on the grass since the start of January and no word since. A picture of him on an exercise bike…
I agree. This cannot be just a calf injury and there was no word of a setback either. There must be something else more serious.

criticalanalysis

Not really? We know what happened with Malacia — he suffered a setback to his knee injury and had to undergo a second surgery. What's mysterious about that?
He's certainly not going to be rushed in his recovery now (after having 2 knee surgeries in the space of few months).
I was being hyperbolic so don't pay too much attention to that but iirc Malacia's injury wasn't as widely reported at first or had much specifics until recently. I think we now know he was playing on painkillers last season but during the summer and at the start of the season where he had been missing for 4-5 months, it was just known that he was injured and nothing else. The fact that he's had a setback suggests it must have been fairly serious in the first place so to hear very minimal was a bit strange especially with his long lay off.

Cloud7

Regardless of your thoughts on him (I do not rate his time at Chelsea and would have preferred we did not sign him) you would have to say that he could hardly have been more unlucky with the start to his United career. A couple underwhelming performances (To be totally fair to him the entire team looked underwhelming) mixed in between long term injury layoffs to the point where a lot of people forget he is even here. That is some really bad luck.

Highfather_24

We basically replaced VdB who never plays and we bought for 40M, with Mount who we got for 60M. Its absolutely criminal incompetence.