Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good performance, I was very impressed with what I saw on the tour. If I was a betting man I'd say he'll be in the Pfa team of the season.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Got some praising in passing from Martin Samuel too..

Are Manchester United improved by the latest round of spending — bringing in a better right back in Matteo Darmian, a strengthened midfield through Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger and a faster forward line with Memphis Depay and, soon, Pedro from Barcelona? Yes, yes and yes.
Seeing as Rafael never won over the English press, it seems that Darmian really did impress..I'm glad.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Does anyone have any news regarding the knock / injury he picked up during the game?

Hopefully he is fit to play against Villa on Friday.

Getsme

Darmain will be our right back for years to come. At the moment I'm struggling to find a weakness to his game. The price tag certainly doesn't justify the talent.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Was OK. I think there's a lot of room for improvement though. For example, I guess he didn't hit the fullback once with his cross.

I just miss the fear in defenders eyes when Valencia was approaching. I mean the fear of bruises all over their body.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've noticed that he's quite good at picking out a quick forward pass. Noticed it during pre season as well. There were instances where our players would normally just pass it sideways or back and he found someone further up the pitch releasing the ball very quickly.

izec

I've noticed that he's quite good at picking out a quick forward pass. Noticed it during pre season as well. There were instances where our players would normally just pass it sideways or back and he found someone further up the pitch releasing the ball very quickly.
That will get instantly coached out of him, dont worry. Too much risk.

Geordopolous

He's not had much top-level European football experience, so Im not sure how how he would handle the step..If the coaching staff thik he can, then yes..if not, a a young gem..maybe in their late teens or early twenties
If you want someone of your description - young, talented and with plenty of european experience then you have to pay a lot of money like we did for Shaw. Better off trying to develop Varela if he's as good as they say he is. Now is the best time to start bedding him into the first team

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If you want someone of your description - young, talented and with plenty of european experience then you have to pay a lot of money like we did for Shaw. Better off trying to develop Varela if he's as good as they say he is. Now is the best time to start bedding him into the first team
Not necessarily European experience as in playing in continental tournaments..I meant playing regularly in their league..you learn more from playing against older players I feel..And not necesarily british...someone much cheaper..thats where our scouts come in..However, Ive got no problem with Varela. hope he makes it.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I was so wrong to be skeptic about him. I admit it with joy. Fecking brilliant signing.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's got the dirty Italian defensive arts about him too. Better and better and better. :drool:

BarstoolProphet

Gone from being highly sceptical when we signed him to being in love in just 1,5 games. Will no doubt do some errors over the season but he looks extremely solid.

dasty

After watching winger breezing past Valencia time and time again, as well as him giving countless freekicks away too, Darmian had been a breath of fresh air. Nothing much goes past him.

Minimalist

Best player on the pitch for United, for me.

The word solid defines this lad.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Nice to see he isn't afraid to stick in and let who ever he's marking know he's there. Every defence needs one or two of them type of lads.

dasty

His did a bit of shirt tugging and the pundits are all over him? Skrtel does it every game he's played in yet no one even talks about it after so many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.