Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dasty

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Amazing to think he was at Torino and hardly anyone knew much about him a few months ago. Goes to show that there are quality players out there for decent fee's. Don't need to spend crazy money all the time.
He is one of the very few players that fans from every team of the league he plays in rates him highly and praises him a lot. All the Serie A fans that I can find are convinced that he is going to be a great addition to our team.

Does he has dreams of Juventus? Or even worse Barca/Real?
Don't worry about Juventus. Just read the first few pages of this thread and you will understand why.

m1y2

have to love caf, after a very average game MOTM, I think he was good but Shaw was better as fullback yday

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
have to love caf, after a very average game MOTM, I think he was good but Shaw was better as fullback yday
Weren't you the one advocating the signing of clyne and was absolutely gutted when it turned out we were going to choose Darmian?

Heh.

izec

Weren't you the one advocating the signing of clyne and was absolutely gutted when it turned out we were going to choose Darmian?

Heh.
He is a huge Rafael fan, gutted that he is gone obviously. Seems also a massive Shaw fanboy. Obviously Darmian cant keep up with both of them

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Him vs Montero of Swansea will be an interesting battle. See if Montero will be the Lennon vs Evra.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Seems a real good guy as well, shaking Richards hand during the match last night was a nice touch. He is definitely part of the reason why are defence is so tight this season, imagine having DDG in goal as well. The midfield we have I believe we are only 2 signings away from being challengers this season, Pedro and a striker.

Over to the Rooney thread for a not so nice review.

DFreshKing

Played well but Shaw was Motm for me yesterday.

We have an absolute diamond there and with Darmian as well our fullbacks should be sorted for years to come.

Massive improvement to our defensive abilities.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a signing he has been. Him and Schneiderlin stand out so far. So happy we got these two. He breaks up almost every dribble the winger tries to make against him so far. He somehow gets his foot in there.

Dante

Average bang
I've just rewatched the match and Darmian's pass to Januzaj in the lead up to the goal was fantastic. Beautiful technique, vision and forcing of the initiative. Probably the third best pass of the match after Mata's two.

I think I'm falling in love with him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
And to think LVG said in pre-season that he is backup to Valencia :lol:
I found that amusing as well, however I can understand LVG's line of thought. Every player should be made to feel that he has to win his first team place

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Any particular reason?
How can I re summarise these in few points

a- Financially AC Milan are much worse off then we are. The days when they could pick and choose the finest players in the world to play for their team are long over. They can't afford our fees, they can't afford our salaries etc. Its like leaving United to join Spurs (and yes Im flattering AC Milan here cause financially wise Milan are nowhere near to Spurs)

b- At top managerial level they are a mess. Silvio Berlusconi shifts between politics, courts and the club and is pretty intrusive in his own way (ie he even lectures managers on how they should play football in front of the press). His daughter Barbara inherited her father's intrusiveness and love for the opposite sex but not his charisma and Galliani was never a great director in the first place. Now a new investor had came in the fold (ie Mr Bee) who will surely want a say. Imagine having Gill, Woodward, Edwards and another person fighting with one another on whom United have to buy, what strategy it should take etc.

c- Darmian will soon learn a lesson Di Canio, Ravanelli and Vialli learnt before him ie that there's a better life-work balance for footballers in Britain than in Italy. In Italy football is everything and when results start getting bad the players lives can easily turn sour (ritiri etc). In Britain players are more protected especially at a club like ours

d- Ironically Darmian will add more years to his career in Britain (as a fullback) than in Italy were they usually play with the wingback role. As Gaz said going up and down the flank as a wingback is very tough and requires plenty of stamina and leg work

e- Darmian was brought up looking up at the likes of one club legends such as Baresi and Maldini who were cheered and loved by the fans. He can achieve that at United if he can stick to the place. After all we love our fullbacks just as AC Milan fans do.

I am not saying that we're completely out of the woods. If Real or Barca come knocking at the door than he will certainly think about it just like all the rest of our players. Also if we leave him with just 1 year contract left than expect the Italian clubs (expecially Juve and Milan who are experts in the matter) to grew bold and try to sign him up. However I am optimistic about the guy remaining here. Real-Barca doesn't like spending crazy money on defenders and the Italian clubs are nowhere near us in terms of finances

Last edited:

Dan_F

Jesus. He's played two games for us and we're already worried about him leaving for Madrid. We've been scarred deep.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's quickly becoming a fans favourite, I actually feel bad because I gave him a 6 for his performance vs Villa and now feel like I really underscored him!

I enjoyed his duals with Richards on Villa corners.

Raptori

Special needs
Really good going forward tonight as well as defensively, couple of excellent runs. His crosses didn't work out, but with Rooney so deep there wasn't really anyone to aim at.

Lu Tze

Still mint. It's such a cliche but he is a typical Italian defender. Has a much better understanding of defense than the headless chicken fullbacks who populate most of the top leagues.

Obiorahking_

He was solid defensively, but his crossing was damn terrible today. If Valencia's end ball was as bad today as his, I am very sure we would have seen his performance thread page filled with many pages of fans moaning about how terrible it was today...

Status
Not open for further replies.