Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Fast becoming one of my favourite players and he's only played three games for us. You can see his class though, a top top player.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Solid player. Proper full back who can defend and attack.

For the record, I think Van Gaal has instructed him not to attack in this period of time. Maybe he wants him to get used to the team and the league before going gung ho up and down the pitch.

justboy68

Got in behind a few times in the second half which was good to see. Someone should have gotten to that ball when he pulled it back to around the penalty spot. The ball seemed to be laid on a plate for an eternity waiting for someone to bury it.

steeeb

Solid player. Proper full back who can defend and attack.

For the record, I think Van Gaal has instructed him not to attack in this period of time. Maybe he wants him to get used to the team and the league before going gung ho up and down the pitch.
Yeah, I think only one at a time out of him and Shaw are meant to be going forward as a holding mid usually drops back and blind out wide (well, when it was Shaw going forward I noticed this, I imagine Smalling went wide when Darmian went forward but don't know).

Riz

Consistent. The most important thing for a fullback and he looks it. Solid performance again.

Hamadovich86

Forza Darmian! That should be his chant right there. Bloody brilliant and he showed some of his attacking prowess last night. I think with a proper winger in front of him we'll see him improve in attack. Still hes a RB who can actually defend which is fecking great in itself.

dasty

He was solid defensively, but his crossing was damn terrible today. If Valencia's end ball was as bad today as his, I am very sure we would have seen his performance thread page filled with many pages of fans moaning about how terrible it was today...
Because Valencia is so bad defensively that we expect him to at least be doing something useful offensively, seeing that he used to be a winger. The problem is he doesn't.

Great game from Darmian again. Glad to see that he is quickly establishing himself as one of our starting XI as well as becoming a fan-favourite.

MDFC Manager

Third consecutive 7/10 performance. And he's the kind who will keep giving that level of consistency.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is so 7/10 to 8/10 type of player for me too. Looks so reliable that even reminds me of Irwin

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'm a massive fan of the way he opens his body up to play an accurate and quick first time ball forward.

Obiorahking_

Because Valencia is so bad defensively that we expect him to at least be doing something useful offensively, seeing that he used to be a winger. The problem is he doesn't.

Great game from Darmian again. Glad to see that he is quickly establishing himself as one of our starting XI as well as becoming a fan-favourite.
It doesn't matter. I have witnessed days when Valencia has had good days defensively and his crossing was bad and people would still do the same thing. Nevertheless Darmian was solid today. I've seen him do much better going forward and crossing wise and I thought he let down a bit in that aspect.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
25 years old, Italian international right-back, defensively very solid and already first XI material, for 13m pounds. Now that's what I call value in the market.

Drifter

American
New Manchester United right-back Matteo Darmian says the Premier League is more physical but less tactical than Serie A.

Darmian has impressed in his first three appearances for United following his summer transfer from Torino, but the 25-year-old, who says it was an easy decision to join the club, has already noticed some differences between English and Italian football.

"When they called, I didn't have to think for a second," he told Tuttosport. "It's impossible to turn down a club as important as this. I'm delighted to have decided to make this move abroad."

"The rhythm's a lot higher in games here. You get shoved around a lot more and physical contact gets punished far less than in Italy, with the game interrupted far less.

"It's less tactical here too. Each team just play their own game, and play to win."

Asked about living in Manchester, Darmian added: "I'm still living in a hotel right now, but I'm looking for my own place.

"I'm improving my English too bit by bit. Certainly it's been positive, with both my debuts [in the Premier League and Champions League]. It was a great emotion each time."

Raptori

Special needs
New Manchester United right-back Matteo Darmian says the Premier League is more physical but less tactical than Serie A.

Darmian has impressed in his first three appearances for United following his summer transfer from Torino, but the 25-year-old, who says it was an easy decision to join the club, has already noticed some differences between English and Italian football.

"When they called, I didn't have to think for a second," he told Tuttosport. "It's impossible to turn down a club as important as this. I'm delighted to have decided to make this move abroad."

"The rhythm's a lot higher in games here. You get shoved around a lot more and physical contact gets punished far less than in Italy, with the game interrupted far less.

"It's less tactical here too. Each team just play their own game, and play to win."

Asked about living in Manchester, Darmian added: "I'm still living in a hotel right now, but I'm looking for my own place.

"I'm improving my English too bit by bit. Certainly it's been positive, with both my debuts [in the Premier League and Champions League]. It was a great emotion each time."
Sounds like he's enjoying the extra physicality, and again he's a player who actually wants to be here. :drool:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sounds like he's enjoying the extra physicality, and again he's a player who actually wants to be here. :drool:
Yeah. It's very refreshing to hear a new player admitting that. He's only 25 y.o. and he's already this good. Is he the first Italian that could remotely be a success at United? There was Rossi who couldn't make the step up to the first team (such a shame, though).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Still living in a hotel? Couldn't United fix him an apartment or house somewhere?

ghagua

Tearing up just at the thought that we finally have a proper right back after G. Neville. That right side of the pitch does not wide open when the opposition are attacking down that flank, that too without much help from Mata.

Riz

Tearing up just at the thought that we finally have a proper right back after G. Neville. That right side of the pitch does not wide open when the opposition are attacking down that flank, that too without much help from Mata.
Yeh we don't look vulnerable down that right side anymore. With Darmian and Shaw as fullbacks it's gunna be pretty hard for opposition teams to have much joy down the wings, two of the best 1 vs 1 fullbacks there are. Which leaves them having to attack centrally where we'll be shielded by Schneiderlin and one of Carrick/BFS. With Smalling between them all its not hard to see why we haven't conceded in the league yet.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
He's a proper Italian bastard, I love him. Christ I've never fawned over a set of summer signings like this before. Love them all.

Except Romero, something about his face puts me on edge.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Definitely no Dani Alves in offense (not yet anyway) but seriously, I am very impressed by his defensive skills.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Decent but wasteful when Mata played him into positions.
Yeah, seemed to fall asleep on a couple of occasions where great balls were played to him. Thought he was good apart from those moments, and I imagine that he'll improve on that fairly rapidly.

Obiorahking_

I thought he looked average today. His crossing was bad, and unlike against Club Brugge, he wasn't that great defensively and could have gotten two yellows.

Woodenlung

Wasted most of his attacking opportunities, but I prefer a full back who is solid in defence. We're definitely missing the link up we had with Herrera, Mata and Valencia on the right hand side though.

Devil may care

Yeah, seemed to fall asleep on a couple of occasions where great balls were played to him. Thought he was good apart from those moments, and I imagine that he'll improve on that fairly rapidly.
It was his lack of awareness for some of Mata's clever balls that got him the hook I think, not that Valencia was any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.