Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

People overreacting massively on here.

People who have seen him for Torino and Italy know his quality, he's still adjusting to the league.

He's a very good fullback, he just needs some time to bed in.

After the way Evra's time went at United, you'd think some people would learn to be a little patient.

You say that but I'm always very wary when players struggle with the basics. Yes, he's in a new league, yes he's adjusting to a new culture but does that really have anything to do with not being able to execute a ten yard pass on a consistent basis ?

eggwithsideburns

He was woeful yesterday. I'm quickly changing my view on him. He looks rubbish both defending and attacking.

Get rid - or try and get rid.
Is this a serious post?

Darmian started the season brilliantly for us, he hasn't been as good recently but I put that down to a dip in form. I cant understand why you would want to get rid of him and so soon.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
You say that but I'm always very wary when players struggle with the basics. Yes, he's in a new league, yes he's adjusting to a new culture but does that really have anything to do with not being able to execute a ten yard pass on a consistent basis ?
Of course not, but watching him you can tell he's devoid of any confidence right now. Once he's back to his best, we'll remember that we have a very good fullback on our hands. A year from now i might be wrong, but i doubt that having watched him for the last couple of years.

NinjaFletch

All of your posts so far have been borderline hysterical.

Halftrack

If we go by the caf philosophy, Rooney, Mata, Darmian, Rojo, Fellaini and LvG are all in the "Throw-em-out" category
Depay and Schneiderlin (not to the same extent, but there are certainly people who don't think he'll ever be good enough for us).

For the players coming from abroad, it's painfully obvious when the people criticizing them have probably never seen them play before they came here, like questioning Darmian's ability on the ball.

At this point, given the amount of our players that seem to be struggling for form, it's fair to say that something van Gaal is doing is affecting them. Isn't he notorious for very intense training sessions? Combined with being very demanding, and requiring a lot of discipline from his players, I could see new players struggling to adapt.

Obiorahking_

He started off pretty woefully. Got beaten in a 1v1 on an occasion that almost lead to a goal and was one of the contributing factors that led up to Vardy's goal. He should have shown more awareness of that pass coming in, which is quite appauling for someone who I have praised for his defensive awareness unlike Valencia. He got better and grew into the game, but his crosses were a bit sloppy at times and had 1 or 2 lapses in the second half.

Clearly showing a dip in form but I am confident he can regain it.

Man Utd 0:0 West Ham

m1y2

those first couple of pages in this thread makes me laugh, hes absolutely dreadful attacking wise, not convincing defensively at all, he didnt have anything to do today though, not manutd quality, good squad player

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's playing on the wrong side, can you really blame him for not being good at crossing with his weak foot?

That was criminal noone even tried to get on the end of that great cross.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Got done a few times in the opening 65 mins like everyone else but I thought he was good today. Not just the crosses, of which more should have been done with them, but his covering across defensively at times and reading of situations is his biggest asset. He's the safest full back that we have at the club for that defensive structural mindset.

Raw

Honestly, it was an improved performance compared to the last few weeks.

Shame that he finally put in a brilliant cross and no one thought to fecking attack it.

criticalanalysis

Got done a few times in the opening 65 mins like everyone else but I thought he was good today. Not just the crosses, of which more should have been done with them, but his covering across defensively at times and reading of situations is his biggest asset. He's the safest full back that we have at the club for that defensive structural mindset.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'd agree, if there's one thing that he's done very well it's his last man defending/covering. He's very classy and Italian in that sense. He's been inconsistent offensively but there are other problems that need addressing first e.g playing a proper winger ahead of him, playing on the side of his strongest foot etc.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His best game in a while. Worked really hard to get forward and support Lingard.

m1y2

the most irritating thing about darmian is that he is so hesitant to overlap, he made a good run for memphis pass but Luke Shaw would be clear on goal twenty minutes before.. its just so annoying he cant time his runs well, and he was only slightly better with ball at his feet, hes got touch of dinosaurus.

he improved in the second half but hes not manutd quality, half the player Clyne is and Im not his fan either.

Kag

He looks more at home going forward when playing on the left. A better game. His confidence is his biggest issue at present.

Sylar

Shocking first half tbh, improved in second half, but still needs to do so much better when helping out our attack.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was a bit shit again to be honest. He's just so... timid... especially going forward.

Honestly, it was an improved performance compared to the last few weeks.

Shame that he finally put in a brilliant cross and no one thought to fecking attack it.
The hilarious thing about that was, he was completely disinterested in actually making a run/receiving the ball before it happened. Memphis had to basically shout at him and tell him to make a run.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
suprisingly he looks much better going forward on the left than he does the right, he crosses quite well with his left and seems to prefer the dribbling option of coming inside on his right foot.

stevoc

He was better today than recently but i would hope his performances keep going up in a sharp trajectory. I'm still not convinced he will ever be good enough going forward to be a first choice RB at United.

Litch

To be honest as under Moyes, hard to truly assess any player whilst playing under the straight jacket of LVG. Players are more worried bout getting things wrong than taking risks...

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
It was great to see some of the start of season-form from Darmian, i.e winning every single 1v1 defensively. It was impossible to go past him today, but you could see how hesitant he was to go forward when Martial (?) had to stop playing to point where Darmian should run ahead of his one great cross of the evening.

I feel he's getting way too much critisism here for some reason.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
To be honest as under Moyes, hard to truly assess any player whilst playing under the straight jacket of LVG. Players are more worried bout getting things wrong than taking risks...
Bollocks. Hasn't stopped Shaw, Young, Blind, Valencia, even Rojo flying forward from full back this season. Darmian just needs to find a bit more confidence in attack and make sure he doesn't pull up rather than make the run. Nothing wrong with his crossing in my view.

the hea

Best game in moths and hopefully this was a turning point for him and he is able to get back to the level he was playing at in the beginning of the season.

facund

I don't know why but the two times I remember him at LB he has appeared to be much more willing to get involved in our attacking phase and offered more overlaps. Not sure if that is my mind playing tricks but he certainly played better yesterday than he has done recently.
In the first half he and Lingard even appeared to be building some sort of understanding and chemistry which is severely lacking in most of our combinations. I'd keep him there for the time being and see what comes of it.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
He is very very good defensively. He could improve going forward.
He looked so bloody slow and lost defending against Moses after Blind had foolishly given the ball away. Just like on Vardy´s goal last week. He´s good 1 on 1, but such a liability against quick attackers. We see this same thing time and time again with him. We were very lucky Vic Moses went off injured.

Poor Championship level defending at 12 second mark.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
He was brilliant when he started so why is he definitely crap now?
People love shiny new toys. He could've just come on the pitch and shat a turd and everyone would've still been like 'he's so brilliant'. It was the same for Memphis as well in his few games, before people realise this is actually quite underwhelming. See Falcao and co's average rating at the start of last season too.

Sid234

He needs to settle in to the PL, it's not as easy as everyone thinks playing in a new country and a new team. Even Martial went 8 games without scoring till tonight. It happens with new players.

Any news on how bad his injury is?

Status
Not open for further replies.