Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manny

Grammar Police
His lack of composure is very frustrating. Pissed me off with his hoofing of the ball when he could have brought the ball down and played it to feet.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Once again bear witness to his incredibly slow reaction and piss poor reading of the set up for Wolfie´s second goal. Draxler just blasts right by him to set up the goal. Darmian seems to be behind his man on half the goals scored on us. Dreadful defending. I can´t believe this myth still exists of him being a very good defender.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What exactly is he being blamed for now (avg rating <5) ? He had no part to play in conceding any of those goals, notwithstanding that ridiculous clip that shows Draxler going past Depay, Schweinsteiger and Blind at lightning pace. The on time he got 1v1 with Draxler he came out on top.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
His lack of composure is very frustrating. Pissed me off with his hoofing of the ball when he could have brought the ball down and played it to feet.
Completely agree. Seems to have zero confidence with the ball at his feet both in attacking positions and when we have the ball in our own half.

In fact I'd argue that in terms of what he's done on the ball he has comfortably been our worst player this season. Needs to improve to make it as first choice fullback here. Didn't he come with a reputation of being quite good going forward!?

He seems to be the scapegoat. Last year it was Blind.

Now, like then, its a good barometer of who simply has an agenda.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure what all the fuss about him was, he didn't do much wrong last night.

ZDwyr

He is better than what he is showing IMO. He just needs confidence. He's been in a downward spiral now and just needs to pull himself out of it.

Manny

Grammar Police
Completely agree. Seems to have zero confidence with the ball at his feet both in attacking positions and when we have the ball in our own half.

In fact I'd argue that in terms of what he's done on the ball he has comfortably been our worst player this season. Needs to improve to make it as first choice fullback here. Didn't he come with a reputation of being quite good going forward!?
Yep. Likes to get forward and can put in a good cross.

He seems to be doing what a lot of players are doing and just leaving it to the likes of Blind, Carrick and Schweinsteger to build our plays. I can't see what he brings to this team going forward and I think there are questions marks about him defensively too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's off form and short on confidence. Some of the criticism here is way over the top.

Poor spell = player is a "fraud" and has never been any good.

Womp

idiot
The knee-jerks on this forum at times is unbelievable. Player starts very well, loses form and is obviously lacking confidence playing in a completely different country that is played at a much faster pace and suddenly he's shite? The whole team bar Martial, DDG and Smalling are lacking confidence and playing shite at the current time, doesn't mean they're all shite.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Clyne or him were my first choice for the RB position in the summer. He looked a good player whenever I saw him play for Italy. I also think that he started well for us, if only on the defensive side. His decline has been pretty steep, I can understand him still struggling in attack but the defensive side of his game has gone kaput. Which is all a bit strange. Looks like a player bereft of any confidence and struggling to come to terms playing in the premier league. Valencia being out doesn't help as he could have done with some rotation; and now with no LB's, he also has to substitute on the left.

I, personally, have confidence that he'll come good and in the long term prove to be a very good buy. Just needs time.

Trizy

The strangest one about this transfer was all Serie A residents were singing his praises but from what I've seen he's shite. Give me Rafael any day of the week :(

NK86

The strangest one about this transfer was all Serie A residents were singing his praises but from what I've seen he's shite. Give me Rafael any day of the week :(
He's not been shite. Yes he has had some poor games the last month or so but to say he has been shite is very unfair.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rafael who was constantly injured? He is still a good player (and a good defender) but like any other player (maybe except DDG, Smalling and Martial) far off his best form. This typical knee jerk reactions or writing off already is typical though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What exactly is he being blamed for now (avg rating <5) ? He had no part to play in conceding any of those goals, notwithstanding that ridiculous clip that shows Draxler going past Depay, Schweinsteiger and Blind at lightning pace. The on time he got 1v1 with Draxler he came out on top.
Draxler is his man. As soon as the ball is switched Darmian needs to go racing towards him and shut him down, and then shephard him down the line or stay with him enough to make the run difficult and not do as he pleases.

Instead he literally stands off him, and lets him run inside with the freedom of an American bald eagle. Only once he skips passed a statuesque Schweinsteiger does he realise "Oh wait that's actually the guy I should be marking, crap". By that point he's already played the 1-2 and he has no chance of recovering.

It's really frustrating as he could have easily stopped that goal happening, but whether it was lazyness, being a coward of fear of getting a 2nd yellow he just did NOTHING. I dare say Borthwick-Jackson will have dealt with him better, and he did all that 2nd half.

Darmian clearly isn't rubbish and he's just in bad form, but that just summed our whole night up defensively for me.

Manny

Grammar Police
Nothing special.

Out of position a couple of times when we had the ball. Left the attacking to Martial. Was gassed after 70 minutes or so.

prath92

i thought he was good today. did his defending well. went to the left side intelligently making sure he had cover behind. Getting backk from injury, i thought that was a reasonable performance. Of course ivanovice at RB was as effective as the ball boy on that side

ZDwyr

I thought he was better than a 5/10. Maybe only a 6/10 but there were some signs he was getting better I thought.

khoazany

Will give him time, at least 1-2 seasons but I can't help but see signs of yet another decent/good player but not United quality.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't notice him do much other than poor crosses and an unbelievably shocking piece of defending which helped allow Chelsea get completely through on goal by just running slowly up the pitch.

5/10 is generous. Like giving the bad kid in class a gold star because they go 5 minutes without disrupting the whole class.

I will give him time but I'm still trying to figure out what he's supposed to be good at, let alone whether he actually is or not.

Sigma

If we can get a better right back (especially attacking wise) then I wouldn't be against this.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Don't think we are in a good position to sell fullbacks.

Evra was shocking at the start too so it would be mad to give up after 4 months

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was better in possession yesterday but he's still so limited in that regard. Even watching him in the warm up keep ball sessions and he sticks out like a sore thumb even in that. He wasn't really challenged defensively apart from the Matic chance where he was caught out of possession.

m1y2

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Didn't notice him do much other than poor crosses and an unbelievably shocking piece of defending which helped allow Chelsea get completely through on goal by just running slowly up the pitch.

5/10 is generous. Like giving the bad kid in class a gold star because they go 5 minutes without disrupting the whole class.

I will give him time but I'm still trying to figure out what he's supposed to be good at, let alone whether he actually is or not.
To be fair he was filling in at left back and putting those deliveries in on his weak foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.