Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

One thing I have noticed since he has joined the club is how sucked in he gets when defending. There have been numerous times where he has went past the post to stop the run off the CF, leaving the winger in acres of space. It's a basic rule of defending, tuck in when the ball is on the other side but not past the post which allows you to cover the CB incase any through balls but also doesn't allow your winger masses of space.

There was one incident last night where he was in-line with the penalty spot, a few yards from Bailly who when he turned nearly ran into Darmian, when the ball was played to the winger he had way too much time and space, and any decent winger would have punished us.

Gibb11

In my opinion not a high class full back, very poor going forward and on the ball which is just something needed to be a high calibre right back. I remember a Feyernoord player easily going past him just by using Darmians forward momentum coming towards the ball absolutely dreadful defending you just knew what the attacker was going to do from a mile off and he ghosts past him. I just have no confidence in him sorry.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
One thing I have noticed since he has joined the club is how sucked in he gets when defending. There have been numerous times where he has went past the post to stop the run off the CF, leaving the winger in acres of space. It's a basic rule of defending, tuck in when the ball is on the other side but not past the post which allows you to cover the CB incase any through balls but also doesn't allow your winger masses of space.

There was one incident last night where he was in-line with the penalty spot, a few yards from Bailly who when he turned nearly ran into Darmian, when the ball was played to the winger he had way too much time and space, and any decent winger would have punished us.
In fairness to Darmian, I think it´s Mourinho who is positioning him so close to the center half. I´ve noticed it with Valencia and Shaw as well this year. Mourinho seems to want the wingers back to defend the wide balls, or that he believes Bailly will win the crosses. It definitely gives the opposition´s wingers too much space. I don´t really get Mou´s thinking here, though he must have his reasons.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Darmian was a wing back?

Aren't they usually very attacking players. Can't imagine Matteo bombing up and down the wing to be honest.
He used to go inside in a very rigid and tactical formation

stevoc

He used to go inside in a very rigid and tactical formation
Ah right i could see that, the thought of him playing as a traditional wing-back bombing up and down the sideline just doesn't fit for me.

I have said it before but to me he looks like a converted centre-back not someone who has played full-back their entire career.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fenerbache look like binmen but it's a tidy performance thus far. Maybe he can work his way back in as the guaranteed second choice over Fosu.

izec

Looks more energised and willing to be involved, making some runs too. Seems like playing for his future.

Donut

He's a better RB than TFM, but he's not good enough to be a starter for us, so it's either short term gain or long term.

acnumber9

You watched the game?
Yeah. He was as poor as ever. A couple of comical moments when he thought he was a footballer and gave the ball away and just casually rolling the ball in the general direction of players on the edge of our box near the end. Did you watch it?

Ban

Yeah. He was as poor as ever. A couple of comical moments when he thought he was a footballer and gave the ball away and just casually rolling the ball in the general direction of players on the edge of our box near the end. Did you watch it?
Yeah. I guess we saw completely different games.

izec

Much more positive today. Not everything worked, but he actually tried to dribble and ran forward, much improved. His attitude was good, and actually didnt look a liability. Positive signs.

stevoc

He tried to get forward and put a few crosses in and get involved further up the pitch. So thats an improvement on his usual offering.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Was okay, nothing more. Didn't have much to do defensively and he was only adequate on the ball.

Sylar

Thought this was his best game for a while. Not sure what that says, but overall I thought he did well. Was nice to see him getting forward again, hope he does that more when hes played.

dichinero

Not sure what game you watched. He was good !

Golden Nugget

More people are wondering if you watched the game.

1 potentially costly pass, but I felt he had a good first half - but faded in the second half.

acnumber9

More people are wondering if you watched the game.

1 potentially costly pass, but I felt he had a good first half - but faded in the second half.
And most of them have been stretching to praise him for a while. Probably because they thought he was going to be a great signing and are desperate not to be wrong. He'll be back in Serie A before next season starts.

Golden Nugget

And most of them have been stretching to praise him for a while. Probably because they thought he was going to be a great signing and are desperate not to be wrong. He'll be back in Serie A before next season starts.
Or people are just looking for reasons to whine and moan about our players after a 4-1 win? He's been crap and will be surprised if he's not gone by the next 2 transfer windows - but it stop him having a good game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was ok last night. More then capable back up to Valencia if he is happy to play that role.

Robbie Boy

Think some of the praise is extremely ott. He was bang average, to be honest. Has no business being here as he clearly isn't good enough.

worldinmotion66

Think he's definitely a decent enough back up to Valencia. He had a good, positive first half, but obviously tired a lot in the second half as he hasn't had enough football recently. I can't help but like the guy, and his attitude, but he does often seem a bit nervous on the ball. Needs confidence.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he's happy to be a sub then I'd like to keep him. But otherwise we can find another back up, he's not anything special.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Perhaps we could use him as part of the payment to Napoli for Elseid Hysaj? :drool:

Those Italians love themselves a structured deal.

acnumber9

Or people are just looking for reasons to whine and moan about our players after a 4-1 win? He's been crap and will be surprised if he's not gone by the next 2 transfer windows - but it stop him having a good game.
It's a comment on an individual who once again showed why he wasn't good enough. He didn't have a good game. Fewer ache barely attacked and he contributed nothing going forward. What did he do that constituted a good game?

Backrow Singer

Thought he was good first half, got stuck in defensively and got forward a fair bit down that right side. Faded a bit in the second half as did a few players.

One of his better games though for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.