Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Extremely average player and is not good enough for this club even as a backup imo. His best performance in months which says it all for me.

Moonred

It's a comment on an individual who once again showed why he wasn't good enough. He didn't have a good game. Fewer ache barely attacked and he contributed nothing going forward. What did he do that constituted a good game?
People have been calling him out because he was shit, no reason why that would change unless you know he might actually have played decent? It's a separate discussion that he might not ever be good enough.

acnumber9

People have been calling him out because he was shit, no reason why that would change unless you know he might actually have played decent? It's a separate discussion that he might not ever be good enough.
Have a look at the guys who quoted me asking if I had watched the game. They've been hoping he'd come good and used an at best average display to say he played well. He had nothing to do defensively and yet still managed a monumental cock up to allow them a shot on goal. He contributed nothing going forward. What is it he actually did well last night?

dichinero

And most of them have been stretching to praise him for a while. Probably because they thought he was going to be a great signing and are desperate not to be wrong. He'll be back in Serie A before next season starts.
No one is stretching any praises. Some of the match goers said he was good and did some good work retrieving lost balls that he might have not a few months back. He was definitely better than Shaw was last night. To call him as much as you are doing considering his lack of match fitness is harsh, the reason why people wondered if you actually watched the match. You don't like him, fine. You don't want him to get better, fine. But to say he was bad for one pass that allowed a shot is just out of order. Rooney lost the ball they scored from, Bailey lost concentration as they scored, you don't see anyone using as a stick to beat them, do you?

acnumber9

No one is stretching any praises. Some of the match goers said he was good and did some good work retrieving lost balls that he might have not a few months back. He was definitely better than Shaw was last night. To call him as much as you are doing considering his lack of match fitness is harsh, the reason why people wondered if you actually watched the match. You don't like him, fine. You don't want him to get better, fine. But to say he was bad for one pass that allowed a shot is just out of order. Rooney lost the ball they scored from, Bailey lost concentration as they scored, you don't see anyone using as a stick to beat them, do you?
He wasn't as bad as Shaw you are right. That doesn't mean he was good. It was slightly above his average which is somewhere around the Rojo level. Or wank as it could be described. I don't want any Utd players to not improve so that's a stupid thing to say. He just isn't good enough and those desperately trying to prove themselves right will be very disappointed.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Isn't he a left footed right back? Bit awkward that.
He is right footed, but can use both. He also is equally comfortable on the LB. Which means we could flog both Darmian and Rojo.

Hysaj, Valencia, TFM as options for RB
Shaw, Blind, (Hysaj) for LB

Suspect that Pep will go for him in his quest for functional fullbacks for Citeh though.

I really liked him for Albania during the EC. Bayern and a host of other top clubs are also monitoring him, so will be some competition.

Turamb

He's played well in both starts he's gotten in the EL

Looks much better than Valencia imo

DanClancy

Played really well and we should be happy for that as we need a good backup right back for our busy schedule.
He was very average against a poor team last night, based on his performances since he arrived I don't see him at OT at the start of next season.

Golden Nugget

It's a comment on an individual who once again showed why he wasn't good enough. He didn't have a good game. Fewer ache barely attacked and he contributed nothing going forward. What did he do that constituted a good game?
He did what a fullback should do - defend. Make some good tackles and interceptions. He conceded one goal, but that was at 4-0 and it wasn't his fault. For a fullback, I think that equates to a good game. (No one is really saying that he had a great game).

The fact that you choose to continually single him out after a 4-1 when he didn't even have a bad game shows you have something against him.

acnumber9

He did what a fullback should do - defend. Make some good tackles and interceptions. He conceded one goal, but that was at 4-0 and it wasn't his fault. For a fullback, I think that equates to a good game. (No one is really saying that he had a great game).

The fact that you choose to continually single him out after a 4-1 when he didn't even have a bad game shows you have something against him.
I made one comment that I've since repeated because people quoted me on it. Thankfully I won't need to say it too often because he's not going to play too often. Even in an easy game he still managed to do something incredibly stupid on the edge of his own penalty box. I didn't see anything in his game last night that was different from previous games he's played aside from the fact I could've played right back last night and we still would've won so he nothing to do.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
I actually thought he was one of our best players today he surprised me big time after I had written him off as deadwood.

Ban

Very good game I thought. He was really active offensively which didn't happen before.

Raw

Thought he did well today. Not as annoyed about Valencia's injury now.

Though this was against Burnley.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was very good today. As I said a few weeks ago he is more than a capable squad player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably his best game in terms of attacking for us. dribbled quite well with it and made the right decision plenty.

Just needs to learn to push up higher when we have possession, too often like Shaw we look wide and they start making the run, when they should already be in the space.

With Valencia out we certainly need him to play well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he's absolutely crap, and is still a coward with the ball at his feet.

Our right side died when we went down to 10 men.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thought he was good today. But we have the weakest attacking full backs out of the elite top clubs in EPL

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
One of his better games but didn't offer anywhere near enough going forward.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We put Rashford/Memphis in the middle and played without a right winger. Hard to blame Darmian for that
Look at what Shaw brought to our left side as a direct comparison.

Darmian is simply a "decent" player, which is completely uninspiring really. His crossing is bloody awful too.

stevoc

One of his better games but didn't offer anywhere near enough going forward.
Whilst this is probably true the sad thing is i think it's the most positive attacking performance i've seen from him. At least he was trying to get forward and help out the attack. All too often last year he barely got over the half way line.

donkeyfish

Look at what Shaw brought to our left side as a direct comparison.

Darmian is simply a "decent" player, which is completely uninspiring really. His crossing is bloody awful too.
Pogba was out left the last 15, it looked like we aimed to exploit that side to minimise the impact from the sending off.

Had Fellaini and Pogba switched sides, I doubt Shaw would've done much. Not like he threw in cross after cross either.

Don't get me wrong, I think Shaw is a better player. But you can't blame Darmian for not getting anything done by himself

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was good today, makes a good back-up when needed

Status
Not open for further replies.